Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So we stop it now and leave Putin with everything he wanted and no punishment ? That will stop him trying it elsewhere.

How on earth is he going to be 'punished'?  What about all the other despots around the world (some which WE are backing), who are currently murdering people all over the show, how do they get a free pass?

One of the worlds major leaders will not be finding himself in the Hague.  We all know it.  We can stamp out feet about it and clap at Question Time comments  when MPs demand it.  Makes us feel better, almost washing our own hands as a country for very recent misgivings.

although the West is the economic powerhouse, almost most of the world is not sanctioning Russia (is that even having the desired effect?).  Heck, even the EU is still ploughing hundreds of millions of £ to them very frequently (again, with the outpouring of tough talk). 

Ukraine is losing (if not lost), the country is destroyed.  Give Russia a quick way out, and do it now.

Edited by AlexLaw76

So the 3 countries mentioned in the article who want a Ukrainian surrender :

US - dosen't want to keep pouring $$ into the country

Germany - needs Russian gas

France - well, history speaks for itself as far as they're concerned

If the west hang Ukraine out to dry now it'll be a another shameful episode among many. Putin needs to be defeated, not appeased.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

How on earth is he going to be 'punished'?  What about all the other despots around the world (some which WE are backing), who are currently murdering people all over the show, how do they get a free pass?

One of the worlds major leaders will not be finding himself in the Hague.  We all know it.  We can stamp out feet about it and clap at Question Time comments  when MPs demand it.  Makes us feel better, almost washing our own hands as a country for very recent misgivings.

although the West is the economic powerhouse, almost most of the world is not sanctioning Russia (is that even having the desired effect?).  Heck, even the EU is still ploughing hundreds of millions of £ to them very frequently (again, with the outpouring of tough talk). 

Ukraine is losing (if not lost), the country is destroyed.  Give Russia a quick way out, and do it now.

So why have we bothered with weapons shipments to protract the war, and sanctions against Russia ? Why did we interfere at all ?

• Like 1

Just now, kyle04 said:

So the 3 countries mentioned in the article who want a Ukrainian surrender :

US - dosen't want to keep pouring $$ into the country

Germany - needs Russian gas

France - well, history speaks for itself as far as they're concerned

If the west hang Ukraine out to dry now it'll be a another shameful episode among many. Putin needs to be defeated, not appeased.

They hung Ukraine out-to-dry early (well, our European partners).  Remember when Germany banned UK aid flights from their airspace before the start of the invasion?

Just now, badgerx16 said:

So why have we bothered with weapons shipments to protract the war, and sanctions against Russia ? Why did we interfere at all ?

Because that is what we do.  We have been meddling in the affairs of nations for hundreds of years.  Influence you see, that and a massive boost to the arms trade.  Who ever makes our anti-tank and anti-aircraft munitions/weapons must be rubbing their hands.

If we were serious about defending Ukraine, we would have placed NATO troops in the country some time ago.  We never, and that is very much off the table now.

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

They hung Ukraine out-to-dry early (well, our European partners).  Remember when Germany banned UK aid flights from their airspace before the start of the invasion?

Because that is what we do.  We have been meddling in the affairs of nations for hundreds of years.  Influence you see, that and a massive boost to the arms trade.  Who ever makes our anti-tank and anti-aircraft munitions/weapons must be rubbing their hands.

If we were serious about defending Ukraine, we would have placed NATO troops in the country some time ago.  We never, and that is very much off the table now.

Would it not have made better economic sense for Western Europe to lean on Zelensky during Russia's "exercises" and persuade him to give Putin everything he wanted without resistance ?

Would it not have made better economic sense for Western Europe to lean on Zelensky during Russia's "exercises" and persuade him to give Putin everything he wanted without resistance ?

I have no idea.  All I can say is Ukraine is getting destroyed (if not already) - it has lost.  In the meantime, the cost of everything is rocketing up all over the show, and nothing is stopping Russia.  'Tough talk, sanctions and threats of war crimes (as if that is ever going to happen) certainly isn't - that is all we have left (bar a toe-to-toe conflict).

This needs to end ASAP and if that snippet in the tweet is true, looks like USA, France and Germany have had enough now.

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Look, more 'tough talk'  

You really think this carry's an ounce of weight in Russia (or most other parts of the world)?  Does it make you feel better though? Happy to pay high taxes for it?

Hell no !!! Give the Little Red Hitler everything he wants, and allow him to go wherever he wants to overrun and sequester all of Greater Russia without any form of opposition. Appeasement is the easy, cheaper, and least painful option every time.

• Like 2

Hell no !!! Give the Little Red Hitler everything he wants, and allow him to go wherever he wants to overrun and sequester all of Greater Russia without any form of opposition. Appeasement is the easy, cheaper, and least painful option every time.

All sounds great, doesn't it.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Yes, unless you don't want to be occupied or dominated by Russia.

We wont be, we are a NATO country - that is a different ball-game altogether.

What we wont do though, despite all of our 'tough talk' is rapidly increase the size/capability of our armed forces.  I give it about 3 weeks when this is all over before focus shifts on spending more on something else (probably welfare/NHS).

30 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

This needs to be over ASAP.  No matter what we are being 'fed' by our news, Ukraine is (at best) getting destroyed, price of everything is going up, and Putin (despite all the noise) will not find himself in the Hague

Ukraine are fighting for their home, and Russia are fighting for a lie.

The only way this is over any time soon is if Russia gives up.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

What we wont do though, despite all of our 'tough talk' is rapidly increase the size/capability of our armed forces.  I give it about 3 weeks when this is all over before focus shifts on spending more on something else (probably welfare/NHS).

image.jpeg.d1d7146d23e94536bff26a43aab26ee6.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Sadly, I think it will stop when Russia have 'an out' provided, or most of Ukraine's major cities (at the very least in the east half of the country) are uninhabitable, which is probably close to reality.

I predict that it will unlikely be Russia directly paying for its rebuild!

35 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not that I am one for agreeing with Johnson but the one thing he said I do agree with, Putin must not be seen to win. He doesn’t have to be in The Hague himself. He can be judged as a war criminal in absentia.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Sadly, I think it will stop when Russia have 'an out' provided, or most of Ukraine's major cities (at the very least in the east half of the country) are uninhabitable, which is probably close to reality.

Your predictions have shown you to be very uninformed from the start despite furiously fetching tweets.

Clear you are a clueless fucking coward.  Would have been hung after WW2 as 100% woudl have been a Nazi collaborator 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Not that I am one for agreeing with Johnson but the one thing he said I do agree with, Putin must not be seen to win. He doesn’t have to be in The Hague himself. He can be judged as a war criminal in absentia.

If he is judged like this, when will other despots get the same treatment?

Chinese & Saudi leaders for example? Bush/Blair?

Even if it is just Putin, so what? Will doing so make you / I feel better?

The real world has given us all one big slap in the face over the last few months, I think.

• Confused 1

Just now, whelk said:

Your predictions have shown you to be very uninformed from the start despite furiously fetching tweets.

Clear you are a clueless fucking coward.  Would have been hung after WW2 as 100% woudl have been a Nazi collaborator 

🤣

23 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

So because Russia are being destructive and committing war crimes… you’re saying the answer to that is to give Russia everything they want and hope they’re content to stop there?

Just now, Jimmy_D said:

So because Russia are being destructive and committing war crimes… you’re saying the answer to that is to give Russia everything they want and hope they’re content to stop there?

What you are replying to is what I think will happen, not my answer.

25 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Exactly. Ukraine may be bleeding at the moment but so are the Russians, even more so. If Russia are allowed to control the Crimea, the Donbas, and the SE land corridor with possibly Odesa the next target that's what, effectively 25% of the country? Given the behaviour of the Russian genocidal child rapists in the past month that would be totally unacceptable to Ukraine. They will never stop fighting, so the west can either support them properly or cut them loose and watch them all die, and sit back smugly rejoicing the falling petrol prices. Contrary to AlexLaw's opinion Ukraine has not lost, not yet by a long chalk. Slava Ukraini and fuck Russia !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

Give over, that’s still the position you’re taking up today.

A tiresome poster at the best of times and many been banned who posted far less crap.  Indeed he was banned but come back again clearly fooling all the mods.

Of course contrary opinion’s allowed but this loathsome sap continuously sucks the life out of threads. Putin fan boy at pains to compare to othersand actually disgrace in times like this reading his appeasing drivel.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Hey everyone Batman gives it 3 weeks. Pay attention

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Bush/Blair?

The fact that you would compare Putin and Tony Blair tells us everything we need to know about your political analysis.

33 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The real world has given us all one big slap in the face over the last few months, I think.

I think it probably needs to slap a couple of people a bit harder.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, whelk said:

he was banned but come back again clearly fooling all the mods.

I've never quite understood the 'policy' on here of banning people, only for the mods to turn a blind eye when they re-emerge in obvious guise. Perhaps there's a logical explanation that I'm missing? 

26 minutes ago, trousers said:

I've never quite understood the 'policy' on here of banning people, only for the mods to turn a blind eye when they re-emerge in obvious guise. Perhaps there's a logical explanation that I'm missing? 

Moneys changed hands obviously. I suspect this will be my last post, but I have a cunning plan....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

To be fair, after Russia’s woeful attempt at taking Ukraine I don’t think we really need to worry that much about the size of our forces.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, after Russia’s woeful attempt at taking Ukraine I don’t think we really need to worry that much about the size of our forces.

To be honest it’s not like Russia would ever conventionally invade UK.

They would try bomb the crap out of it .

23 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

To be honest it’s not like Russia would ever conventionally invade UK.

They would try bomb the crap out of it .

I don't think we need fear Russian tanks rolling down the Mall - another example of a typical "cook off" after a MANPAD/ATGM hit :

54.jpg

As we face hikes in fuel prices, partly due to Ukraine, I guess we hope the US can help plug the gap we have imposed on ourselves.

thankfully, despite the ‘tough talk’ the US have ramped up their imports of Russian oil. Be handy to sell it onto Europe, with a good mark-up of course.

12 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

As we face hikes in fuel prices, partly due to Ukraine, I guess we hope the US can help plug the gap we have imposed on ourselves.

thankfully, despite the ‘tough talk’ the US have ramped up their imports of Russian oil. Be handy to sell it onto Europe, with a good mark-up of course.

Are you sure about that?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/31/fact-sheet-president-bidens-plan-to-respond-to-putins-price-hike-at-the-pump/

30 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Putin can do what the fuck he wants as long as you don't have to pay 5p/litre more at the pumps.

3 hours ago, trousers said:

We sent a couple of our best men down to the galley to deal with him but he lured them into a refrigerator, knifed them and set off a bomb in the microwave. We figured that as long as he’s confined below the third deck, he’s not a threat.

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

We sent a couple of our best men down to the galley to deal with him but he lured them into a refrigerator, knifed them and set off a bomb in the microwave. We figured that as long as he’s confined below the third deck, he’s not a threat.

Have you never seen Under Siege ?

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The fact that you would compare Putin and Tony Blair tells us everything we need to know about your political analysis.

If you rely on tweets from the likes of GB News and Henry Bolton to form your opinions  (otherwise you are being "fed" news)  it is not surprising that your political analysis is poor.

17 hours ago, aintforever said:

To my mind the problem for us in this technical age is producing the missiles weapons etc quick enough to keep up. Cruise missiles take a long time to make. Sooner or later they would run out and then what?

1 hour ago, OldNick said:

To my mind the problem for us in this technical age is producing the missiles weapons etc quick enough to keep up. Cruise missiles take a long time to make. Sooner or later they would run out and then what?

Thats true for both sides though. Russia's supplies seem to be low already

• Like 1

With Russia it isn't just running down of inventory, it's the servicability and reliability of what they have.

Agreed. The irony is that many of the parts for Russian arms were made in Ukraine and they aren't too keen to supply atm - so its yet another example of psychopathy meets piss poor planning.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

A film where Elena Eleniak comes out of a cake topless.

( And Steven Segal plays a US Navy cook ).

However appealing that scene is, I cannot ever bring myself to watch any Steven Segal films, but if you want to provide a link lol

Some right cunts here (2nd video - haven’t watched first) Depressing but generally as a nation Russians are ruthless hateful lot. Poland next eh you evil fucker? 

Edited by whelk

36 minutes ago, whelk said:

Some right cunts here (2nd video - haven’t watched first) Depressing but generally as a nation Russians are ruthless hateful lot. Poland next eh you evil fucker? 

Shows how easy it is to control public opinion when you have total control of the media it all it's forms.

• Like 2