Removing Ted Bates Statue

LGTL

• 4 months later...

Interesting really: lots of specific and direct quotes from the club on the record which very clearly show that the issue of whether to take the statue down was discussed widely by the board.

So it turns out Dan Sheldon's Athletic piece a few months ago, which made the original claims that the club were discussing this, was absolutely and undeniably true. 100% accurate. Not "made up" by someone who couldn't possibly know, not "lies", not "slander". True.

Well done Dan Sheldon.

A Saints statement said: "We can confirm that we will not be removing the statue of Ted Bates.

"There are a number of different reasons for this decision, which has been considered very carefully over quite a considerable period of time."

"This issue was brought to us for consideration and we have engaged widely on it since then"

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Interesting really: lots of specific and direct quotes from the club on the record which very clearly show that the issue of whether to take the statue down was discussed widely by the board.

So it turns out Dan Sheldon's Athletic piece a few months ago, which made the original claims that the club were discussing this, was absolutely and undeniably true. 100% accurate. Not "made up" by someone who couldn't possibly know, not "lies", not "slander". True.

Well done Dan Sheldon.

A Saints statement said: "We can confirm that we will not be removing the statue of Ted Bates.

"There are a number of different reasons for this decision, which has been considered very carefully over quite a considerable period of time."

"This issue was brought to us for consideration and we have engaged widely on it since then"

So do you agree thats its right a one off private conversation being leaked by a lawyer to the Athletic is professional ?

The article actualy had nothing to do with Dan Sheldon (i found out) and was leaked to his boss via a victims lawyer.

The fact remains there is no proof about a conversation made 50 years ago and if it was that abd it was never reported to the Police.

All this defaming of Ted Bates has been a disgrace and never should of happened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

So do you agree thats its right a one off private conversation being leaked by a lawyer to the Athletic is professional ?

The article actualy had nothing to do with Dan Sheldon (i found out) and was leaked to his boss via a victims lawyer.

The fact remains there is no proof about a conversation made 50 years ago and if it was that abd it was never reported to the Police.

All this defaming of Ted Bates has been a disgrace and never should of happened.

Or, you can admit you were wrong.

If it is so jolly unprofessional to reveal private conversations why are you revealing stuff you have apparently "found out" about how The Athletic puts stories together. Absolutely laughable.

The point is, it was Sheldon's name on the article, it was his story. You said he made it up and couldn't possibly know. He didn’t make it up, he did know, he was correct. Suck it up.

There's no defaming, there never has been. Just you getting upset about the story made up in your own head rather than the truth as written and said. 

Well done Dan Sheldon.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Or, you can admit you were wrong.

If it is so jolly unprofessional to reveal private conversations why are you revealing stuff you have apparently "found out" about how The Athletic puts stories together. Absolutely laughable.

The point is, it was Sheldon's name on the article, it was his story. You said he made it up and couldn't possibly know. He didn’t make it up, he did know, he was correct. Suck it up.

There's no defaming, there never has been. Just you getting upset about the story made up in your own head rather than the truth as written and said. 

Well done Dan Sheldon.

I havent been wrong with anything ive said and i never said he made it up.

Sheldons name was on it because he was the local athletic rep, but the source of the article wasnt him.

Im looking at the article now, headline not true, first sentence, not true. third sentence, not true, fifth sentence and as writen on facebook by a local victim withn hours of original article, He has never heard and not instigated any conversation in discussions with club regarding the statue. 

Come back to me when you actually know what youre talking about rather than believing scum media.

Edited by SaintsLoyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I havent been wrong with anything ive said and i never said he made it up.

Sheldons name was on it because he was the local athletic rep, but the source of the article wasnt him.

Im looking at the article now, headline not true, first sentence, not true. third sentence, not true, fifth sentence and as writen on facebook by a local victim withn hours of original article, He has never heard and not instigated any conversation in discussions with club regarding the statue. 

Come back to me when you actually know what youre talking about rather than believing scum media.

https://theathletic.com/3080123/2022/01/20/southampton-considering-taking-down-ted-bates-statue-st-marys/

There is now a statement from the club that specifically shows that the headline and the story that was written is true. They considered it. All true.

I've long believed that anyone using the term "scum media" is as thick as pigshit, so thanks for confirming.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 2