Saints 4-1 Brentford - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

35 minutes ago, Turkish said:

People are fearing for the lives and all you selfish lot care about is if your football team plays this weekend 🙄

I suggest people who are fearing for their lives in the main have major underlying health problems. This is not the plague, it is a virus that seems to look for weaknesses in the immune system. I lost a lifeline friend to it and so am not blase about it

• Like 6

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

They haven't said how many of the 13 is actually players though.

Also how many of the already injured have it? Might be some of them, a couple of other first team players and the rest are coaches, cleaners, chefs or other people with job roles beginning with c.

31 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Also how many of the already injured have it? Might be some of them, a couple of other first team players and the rest are coaches, cleaners, chefs or other people with job roles beginning with c.

Cone technician 

customer service manager

cashier (match day)

2 hours ago, TWar said:

Can't see this happening tbh. If we were a big club and it was on the telly then it might stay on but for us they'll just cancel this.

A bit like that Man Utd game that was meant to be on TV that has…

*checks notes*

been postponed. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LGTL said:

A bit like that Man Utd game that was meant to be on TV that has…

*checks notes*

been postponed. 

In that one the big club had the trouble, united had the outbreak. If Brighton had an outbreak and United were fine to play it'd be interesting to see how the premier league judged it.

I will say though, it was a little tongue in cheek, I don't think the big club bias is that blatant, but I do think Rodgers has a bit of a point. The prem definitely has cash cows it doesn't want to upset.

18 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Oh well. At least we get a bit of recovery for the pile up fixtures. Well, unless the shit hits the fan and we're on lockdown! 

The last lockdown didn't do us any harm, form wise that is, on resuming.

1 minute ago, DT said:

It’s not a bad one to have as one to still play. Could be pretty winnable further down the line when we get reinforcements and if they get injuries 

Is that more likely than, they get reinforcements, and we get the injuries ? (With a suspension or two thrown in for good measure).

50 minutes ago, Badger said:

Is that more likely than, they get reinforcements, and we get the injuries ? (With a suspension or two thrown in for good measure).

Their best defender is likely to be off in January. Only six months left on his contract they want to cash in. Just a question of how good is his replacement. 

37 minutes ago, JRM said:

In the old days if you couldn't field a team you forfeited the match. Should be the same, 3-0 win awarded to Saints. 

When was the last time that happened, even in "the old days", can't recall that happening in my lifetime in a professional game (and that does go back to "the old days").

38 minutes ago, obelisk said:

A club shouldn't be allowed to get a game called off for covid reasons unless all players and staff are vaccinated. Have no idea whether Brentford's an anti-vaxxer nest mind.

Shit percentage that 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Most likely it'll be rearranged for the end of the season, they'll be safe from relegation and we'll need the points, we'll get the win

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Brentford - Postponed
1 hour ago, Turkish said:

All saints players are vaccinated 

If true that's great. Source?

I like a previous poster's suggestion: any anti-vaxxer player who goes down with it should not count toward the club's quota for postponement. So if half of more of the squad is infected and aren't vaccinated, tough luck, match goes ahead, playing with 7 if necessary, or 3-0 forfeit.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, obelisk said:

A club shouldn't be allowed to get a game called off for covid reasons unless all players and staff are vaccinated. Have no idea whether Brentford's an anti-vaxxer nest mind.

The most sensible post on this thread. Anti-vaxxers are where a lot of this country's problems lie. I hope 2020 will see unvaccinated people being refused entry to sporting and entertainment events. Life shouldn't have to go on hold for those of us who have had our jabs.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

I like a previous poster's suggestion: any anti-vaxxer player who goes down with it should not count toward the club's quota for postponement. So if half of more of the squad is infected and aren't vaccinated, tough luck, match goes ahead, playing with 7 if necessary, or 3-0 forfeit.

Ralph said it in todays presser. 

Unless they postpone the league, I can see West Ham going ahead, as they don’t have any cases either. 

9 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

The boss himself said it yesterday.

• Like 1