Medical emergencies

whelk

3 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

The respected BBC 😂

There you go

It's respected more around the world than it is here now that's for certain.

Some elements of BBC News are still excellent, the World Service is one of them. It's presented without agenda or ego just how news should be.

I sometimes catch the odd bit of TV News but it's quite rare. Saying that, last night on News at 10 they had a  sobering report on the displaced people of Yemen who are living in tents in the middle of deserts due to the incessant war in their country. It was a truly excellent piece of journalism.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

So in a discussion about the relative trustworthiness of news outlets, you offer a link to an article on Guido Fawkes - one of the most notoriously biased and unreliable alt-right sites imaginable - that doesnt provide a source for its figures. 

Are you sure you're not Batman? 

11 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

So in a discussion about the relative trustworthiness of news outlets, you offer a link to an article on Guido Fawkes - one of the most notoriously biased and unreliable alt-right sites imaginable - that doesnt provide a source for its figures. 

I asked a genuine question about who gets the most viewers, and the added to a comment from TWAr.  If that is alright with you?

Is the information posted in Guido false?

Edited by AlexLaw76

9 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Of course he isn't, AL76 is Bruce Wayne.

17 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It's respected more around the world than it is here now that's for certain.

Some elements of BBC News are still excellent, the World Service is one of them. It's presented without agenda or ego just how news should be.

I sometimes catch the odd bit of TV News but it's quite rare. Saying that, last night on News at 10 they had a  sobering report on the displaced people of Yemen who are living in tents in the middle of deserts due to the incessant war in their country. It was a truly excellent piece of journalism.

Indeed. There remain islands of excellence at the BBC but it is a sorry shadow of the colossus that once bestrode broadcasting across the globe. 

The problem with the BBC News and current affairs output in particular, is that it is all produced, directed, researched and presented by a workforce from a very narrow, navel-gazing self-appointed elite echelon of Metropolitan society. All with the same set of left of centre political views. An incredibly unrepresentative, homogenous workforce recruited almost entirely from the careers pages of the Guardian, or nepotism. This has led to a myopic, arrogant, patrician culture of "we know what is best for you" and this has severely compromised their impartiality. The bias was perhaps an unconscious process initially, but since 2016 has been increasingly widespread, less subtle and premeditated. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

The problem with the BBC News and current affairs output in particular, is that it is all produced, directed, researched and presented by a workforce from a very narrow, navel-gazing self-appointed elite echelon of Metropolitan society. All with the same set of left of centre political views. An incredibly unrepresentative, homogenous workforce recruited almost entirely from the careers pages of the Guardian, or nepotism. 

That just isn't true... 

https://www.huckmag.com/perspectives/opinion-perspectives/bbc-bias-tom-mills/

Edited by Sheaf Saint

53 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Indeed. There remain islands of excellence at the BBC but it is a sorry shadow of the colossus that once bestrode broadcasting across the globe. 

The problem with the BBC News and current affairs output in particular, is that it is all produced, directed, researched and presented by a workforce from a very narrow, navel-gazing self-appointed elite echelon of Metropolitan society. All with the same set of left of centre political views. An incredibly unrepresentative, homogenous workforce recruited almost entirely from the careers pages of the Guardian, or nepotism. This has led to a myopic, arrogant, patrician culture of "we know what is best for you" and this has severely compromised their impartiality. The bias was perhaps an unconscious process initially, but since 2016 has been increasingly widespread, less subtle and premeditated. 

It seems to coincide with with their move to Manchester. No connection, I’m sure.

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

If you could find it in the Daily Heil, the Torygraph, or the Daily BrExpress then he would accept it. All completely unbiased and trustworthy sources.

Edited by badgerx16

11 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

New Statesman? Don't make me laugh! That's the Speccie of the hard left. Gibb was appointed precisely because of the bias I described, in order to address it at Board level. He will still find himself drowning in a sea of lachrymose Remoaner tears gushing from the dewy-eyed, pronoun-toting Guardianistas as they choke on their granola.  😘

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front/bbc-chief-mark-thompson-admits-leftwing-bias-6509105.html

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/sep/21/john-humphrys-attacks-bbcs-liberal-bias-days-after-retiring-from-radio-4

Edited by adrian lord

19 hours ago, JRM said:

They must think we're stupid 

Don't worry, I've got a great idea if we get forced to have the vaccine. Just use a fake limb to receive the jab. I highly doubt trained medical professionals will know the difference between silicone and human flesh as they must be gullible enough to be participating in the whole covid drama.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59524527

1 hour ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

Don't worry, I've got a great idea if we get forced to have the vaccine. Just use a fake limb to receive the jab. I highly doubt trained medical professionals will know the difference between silicone and human flesh as they must be gullible enough to be participating in the whole covid drama.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59524527

Haha fair play to the chap for having a go. I'm surprised there isn't more black market in sending someone to have it for you, other than ticking your name off the list they don't check ID. 

My biggest concern now they're targeting kids is the myocarditis. Rumours they are going to approve for over 5 year olds soon in UK, an age group that has virtually no risk from covid just leave them alone 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals

39 minutes ago, JRM said:

Haha fair play to the chap for having a go. I'm surprised there isn't more black market in sending someone to have it for you, other than ticking your name off the list they don't check ID. 

My biggest concern now they're targeting kids is the myocarditis. Rumours they are going to approve for over 5 year olds soon in UK, an age group that has virtually no risk from covid just leave them alone 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals

No matter what age you are, Covid is more dangerous than the covid vaccine. Myocarditis has a 1/10000 chance of even mild effects, covid itself much higher and carries multiple other risks, such as long term lung damage for the young.

That's why scientific experts recommend vaccines for kids regardless of what random guys on Internet forums and conmen like GB News and Paul Joseph Watson reckon.

3 hours ago, JRM said:

It’s not to protect the one being jabbed. It’s to reduce the spread of the virus.

• Like 1