Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

Don't mind Bednarek. Would like to se him playing with Salisu though. Better at defending than Stephens

Fine with Redmond and Ely. I would have played Djenepo for Redmond.

Like Armstrong -Adams up top. Swap with Broja-Tella in the second half.

Think we'll lose but only with 3-1

2 minutes ago, Hodgey said:

My first thought seeing that team was keeping Bednerak and KWP happy in a game he knows we can’t win. Fully expect them both to be dropped after we get our arses handed to us today - harsh if so

If there is any shred of truth in this then he shouldn't be managing a Premier League football club. He did sort of prepare us for these type of random changes with his comments about  players not being able to expect to play the next game just because they performed well in the last game. I guess he was talking about Salisu and Peraud and, to a certain extent, Broja. Weird.

11 minutes ago, Hodgey said:

My first thought seeing that team was keeping Bednerak and KWP happy in a game he knows we can’t win. Fully expect them both to be dropped after we get our arses handed to us today - harsh if so

So he’s so he’ll blame the defeat on Bednarek, Moi and Redmond and drop them. Weak minded, he doesn’t need to do stuff like this to tell a player he’s dropped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Be happy to be proven wrong but (again) Ralph has blown my mind with his team selection. Genuinely alarming how he appears so out of touch with the fanbase opinion of the best XI.

He is best when he sticks to basics but he can’t help himself being too clever. Someone needs to burgle Nathan Redmond’s house and destroy those photographs. 

• Haha 4

God damn, how do you pick apart this mess. Best CB this season -dropped. Djenepo has been decent defensively this season. So the best thing to do against one of the best attacking sides is to drop him right? Redmond dreadful as usual, so it is essential he keeps his place. Elyounoussi who we have shifted on loan last couple of seasons cos he's too slow is the perfect attacking player against one of the fastest backlines. 

11 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Feel free and I hope you get to do it. You must understand people questioning the logic behind this line up but if it works then far play to Ralph.

Thing is no one on here knows the reasons behind the selection. Does Salisu have a small injury? Are players being saved for the cup midweek? Are there tactical reasons why certain players are picked over others? 

Without knowing all the facts and reasons behind the selection everyone is just speculating.

I get that's what a forum is for but comments like "Ralph is clearly a poor manager" just come from such an ill informed place that they aren't worth making in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

I'm hoping Ralph knows something I don't (to be fair I'm sure he does), but that is a set of strange changes to the line up. Salisu dropped??? Redmond??? Elynoussi????

I would assume he knows considerably more than you, what with him being a professional manager and all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

I would assume he knows considerably more than you, what with him being a professional manager and all.

Come off it. Redmond being picked again is lunacy, as is dropping our best, most consistent defender, especially after a clean sheet. Perhaps he wants out and thinks if it’s another thrashing it might happen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

City fans haven’t listened to Pep. Sparse looking crowd.

State of them though, cheap tickets and still can’t fill the place.

You would have thought Redmondaldo would be enough of a draw to fill the ground alone. So hard to please those City fans

Just now, Chapel End said:

Nit overly but to suggest the manager wants another thrashing is utterly stupid, dont you think?

I actually could see him as the sort of person who takes masochistic pleasure from a beating, even more so since the weird choirmaster outfits surfaced 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man C vs Saints - Match Thread
1 hour ago, DarrenLeTiss said:

So we’ve dropped Salisu who has been arguably our best player , not played Broja who looked quality, stuck with Redmond who was utter gash, and we’re playing a right back at left back again.  Ralph you’re not helping yourself man.

This, plus starting Elyounoussi... 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Man City 0-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic