Ralph OUT - Eddie Howe IN

davefoggy

Ralph's time was up 10 games before the end of last season. The club should have got rid and started a fresh with someone who could then rebuild through the summer. All we're looking at now is another season of chop and change and hope that we stay up. 

It's pretty shit being a saints fan. 

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tajjuk said:

Did the first half of the season not happen then? 

Of course it did, but on that basis any manager who has a reasonable run of form can never be sacked when it goes tits up for 27 matches. Are you saying that Ralph gets a completely clean slate for this season ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Of course it did, but on that basis any manager who has a reasonable run of form can never be sacked when it goes tits up for 27 matches. Are you saying that Ralph gets a completely clean slate for this season ?

I didn't say anything of the sort, but reacting like this after one game is completely retarded, but also expected from this forum. 

It , did but it now seems to have been an aberration. I keep thinking of the craziness it the start of the 19/20 season, Center backs at right back, left backs at right back and all manner of such things. There is no doubt we hit the ground running after the covid break and continued it for a time the following season, but then we got found out, our thin squad became exposed, but Ralph carried on flogging the same dead horse. The yesterday, he doesn’t, in the opinions of most, pick his strongest side, then when it starts to unravel he doesn’t react, he never does. Yes we can expect to lose to Everton away, but the manner of defeat is the definition of madness. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tajjuk said:

One game seriously, one game in a fixture where we never do well in, on the opening day where we never do well, and it's actually no even one game, its a half, because we were good in the first half. 

Honestly my toddler has more mental fortitude and is less fickle than some people on here. 

Have you forgotten the run last season after we beat Liverpool?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Yep it did. But that’s not the point you were making. You didn’t say “judge Ralph over his whole period here”, you were claiming people are fickle by slagging Ralph off “after one game”. Not one person  is doing that, not one. They’re slagging him off because we’ve lost again and in the same manner we have been all year. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yep it did. But that’s not the point you were making. You didn’t say “judge Ralph over his whole period here”, you were claiming people are fickle by slagging Ralph off “after one game”. Not one person  is doing that, not one. They’re slagging him off because we’ve lost again and in the same manner we have been all year. 

Yes they are quite obviously. We lost and all these idiotic threads pop up, where where they last week? Or all summer? If we are sacking him after one game before the transfer window hasn't even ended then why even bother to give him pre-season? People not got enough conviction in their opinions, I mean if he's a right off and a useless manager then stick with it. But surprise surprise whilst we are wining and doing well at half time it's all fine. 

They weren't there were they, because all the fickle negative ones come rushing out of the woodwork as soon as things go wrong to expel their 'wisdom'. 

Edited by tajjuk
  • Like 1

They weren't there were they, because all the fickle negative nancies come rushing out of the woodwork as soon as things go wrong to expel their wisdom. 

You’re just making things up now. There’s been plenty of criticism of him for months. I suggest you rest the Ralph thread before posting pony like  this. 

There’s more converts now, but that’s probably because people can’t quite believe he hasn’t addressed the obvious issues. Had we lost differently, I’m sure there would be so many new to the cause. 

Ralph is not even the answer if he takes us down, which looks likely. Best to get shot ASAP We need someone who knows about structure and defending first. And who can see bad goalkeepers. Ralph has Alex glasses welded to his unreactive, no plan B noggin. Fed up with his constant mistakes and history repeating. He’s picked the right team about twice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’re just making things up now. There’s been plenty of criticism of him for months. I suggest you rest the Ralph thread before posting pony like  this. 

There’s more converts now, but that’s probably because people can’t quite believe he hasn’t addressed the obvious issues. Had we lost differently, I’m sure there would be so many new to the cause. 

Literally you are commenting in a thread that says 'Ralph OUT' that has appeared straight after we lost the first game of the new season, with new players and we haven't finished the transfer window, I hardly think commenting that people are being reactionary is 'making things up' now is it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Yes they are quite obviously. We lost and all these idiotic threads pop up, where where they last week? Or all summer? If we are sacking him after one game before the transfer window hasn't even ended then why even bother to give him pre-season? People not got enough conviction in their opinions, I mean if he's a right off and a useless manager then stick with it. But surprise surprise whilst we are wining and doing well at half time it's all fine. 

They weren't there were they, because all the fickle negative ones come rushing out of the woodwork as soon as things go wrong to expel their 'wisdom'. 

"As soon as things go wrong"

Jesus wept.

Because we were fucking amazing since January, weren't we.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Things will settle down, people need to chill.  If we're in deep shit in the league by November then I would expect a change but not before.

Some actual sense.

Also find hilarious he is getting criticise for the keeper issue, both of them are awful, both of them are on far too high wages, none of which has anything to do with him. I am not sure exactly what he is supposed to do. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Terry parks in disable parking bays. Tells you everything. Can raise his fist and call someone a black cunt though and fence his mum’s stolen goods.

Just what we need , a real 'orrible cunt what takes no messin' wiv players taking diabolical liberties.

Kenny Jacket?

19 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Literally you are commenting in a thread that says 'Ralph OUT' that has appeared straight after we lost the first game of the new season, with new players and we haven't finished the transfer window, I hardly think commenting that people are being reactionary is 'making things up' now is it. 

There were people saying Ralph OUT last season.  Like his tactics, nothing has changed.

9 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Also find hilarious he is getting criticise for the keeper issue, both of them are awful, both of them are on far too high wages, none of which has anything to do with him. I am not sure exactly what he is supposed to do. 

Get another one in . I find it hilarious that people seem to think that you need to shift one on before you can get another one in. Nigel didn’t shift one out when he got Boruc in, when dawned on him Kelvin wasn’t good enough he did something. 

He’s been at the club long enough to have sorted  the situation out. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Some actual sense.

Not pick the terrible one?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Some actual sense.

Make the club bring in another?  We signed Walcott when there was absolutely no need.  We signed a 3rd RB etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sydenhamssocks said:

Get Steven Gerrard for a couple of seasons.  Bed him into prem management en route to a certain return to Anfield. Bring Steven Davis back with him as assistant. Bingo ! 

I don’t think Gerrard, Terry or Lampard would go anywhere near the Saints job. We’ve got a very average squad and an owner without a pot to piss in, joining Saints would be suicidal career move for any of them.

9 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I don’t think Gerrard, Terry or Lampard would go anywhere near the Saints job. We’ve got a very average squad and an owner without a pot to piss in, joining Saints would be suicidal career move for any of them.

True, but Gerrard currently working at a club with no money and an average squad but a far bigger fan base. Albeit in a lesser level league. More of a transition move for him, with the Liverpool job looming at some point. Possibly the kind of move that may have benefitted Lampard, rather than jumping straight in at Chelsea and tarnishing his status with the club. A stepping stone really. 
but you’re right, sadly we’re not an attractive proposition right now and for me, Ralph is unfortunately making it worse.

14 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

came back to this joke of a thread to see is john terry a bellend as a point of discussion.

says it all really, we are game 1 into a season away from home and we have a tough series of games - at least wait until nov 

We won't be waiting till November if we are cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Every one can see how wide open we are every game, it's laughable that he persists with these tactics. He was found out long ago but refuses to change.

• Like 1

"Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.[77][78]

Just think about what he achieved when given time But the fans even wanted him out. Ralph will never lead us to the kind of success that United had , neither would anyone else but he will produce a good team ,exciting to watch who will probably always be about mid table given time .

As a Saints fan that is the best we can ever hope for.

3 minutes ago, sad saints fan said:

"Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.[77][78]

Just think about what he achieved when given time But the fans even wanted him out. Ralph will never lead us to the kind of success that United had , neither would anyone else but he will produce a good team ,exciting to watch who will probably always be about mid table given time .

He’s shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sad saints fan said:

I remember the days when fans said Adkins was going to be our Alex Ferguson, he was the next great English manager and we should be worried Liverpool don’t come in for him 

32 minutes ago, Streaky said:

We won't be waiting till November if we are cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Every one can see how wide open we are every game, it's laughable that he persists with these tactics. He was found out long ago but refuses to change.

Everyone but the most important person, him. He's probably pacing around his garden with a perplexed look on his face. "Why are we so unlucky every game...did I break a mirror?".

5 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Everyone but the most important person, him. He's probably pacing around his garden with a perplexed look on his face. "Why are we so unlucky every game...did I break a mirror?".

Very worried about next Sunday, can see us being blown away in 20 mins. Looking at our squad, it suits us playing 532 and dropping the ridiculous high line and high press that we can only do for 60 mins.

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Make the club bring in another?  We signed Walcott when there was absolutely no need.  We signed a 3rd RB etc

Good point - we have wasted a not unsubstantial wage on Walcott that could have gone towards paying a half competent goalkeeper. That made lots of sense because Walcott is far more likely to be instrumental in keeping us out of a relegation scrap than a decent goalie isn't he.

Edited by Teddeer

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

came back to this joke of a thread to see is john terry a bellend as a point of discussion.

says it all really, we are game 1 into a season away from home and we have a tough series of games - at least wait until nov 

No, we're on a shocking 27 game run. Anyone who watched yesterday's game will have seen a game where Rafa changed his tactics, but that Ralph had no clue how to respond. That's happened for months and months, game after game. This is not a one game issue. 

• Like 4