Everton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread

Yorkshire Saint

59 minutes ago, austsaint said:

Same here, on both counts.   Despite the bad record up there, I can't remember Saints being dismantled at GP.  Why not a win, or at least a score draw.   Good luck to AA if he starts.

They got dismantled there in 1999, I went as a 30th birthday present to myself!

1 minute ago, SaveloyMush said:

Sorry to hear that; you deserved better on such a big day- but in recent times, with an imperfect memory it's been a Richarlison/Calvert-Lewin, or a Sigurdsson worldy which has been the difference.   They shouldn't be feared.

14 minutes ago, SaveloyMush said:

I was at that game if it was a 4-1 defeat, 0-0 until just before HT, Gough scored a header as part of 4 goals in 10 minutes including a mix up between Claus and Jonah resulting in the former looping a header in super slow motion beyond the latter. Jeffers pre Arsenal got a couple. Marian got one back IIRC. Kevin Davies’s first game back I think as well swapped for Egil. 

Two other memories - bloodied Saints and Everton fans outside the ground who apparently had fought Liverpool fans before the game. From talking to them it sounded like the Reds kicked off at both parties and pool balls and cues were being used as weapons. There was also a group of Saints fans waving £50 notes and chanting ‘there’s lots and lots of  money in the south’ in the days before the north started voting Tory. Being called a southern Tory insert expletive was not unknown at northern away games in the 1990s.

Edited by saint1977

58 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Everton 0 SAINTS 3

I'd like to hope for this, however we are a team with some players not used to Premiership football. Enthusiasm over experience? Perhaps. Perhaps. More likely we weill concede at least one goal. My prediction remains a cautious 1-1 with Walcott the scorer..

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton vs Saints - Match Thread

FF

KWP Bednarek Salisu Peraud

JWP Romeu

Armstrong Redmond

Adams Tella

I can’t see Ralph starting Armstrong when he won’t have done much work on the pressing system. Suspect we’ll see him after an hour or so.

Early goal when we’re full of energy but ending in a 1-1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Everton 3-1 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic