Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Who? Djenepo? Utter disaster if he is second choice left back going into the season. 

Is he going to be much worse than our options from last season? If we don't sign anyone else then it will probably be Livramento providing lb and rb cover and then Djenepo in a pinch at lb if required. 

Edited by hypochondriac

10 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Is he going to be much worse than our options from last season? If we don't sign anyone else then it will probably be Livramento providing lb and rb cover and then Djenepo in a pinch at lb if required. 

Having seen him play left back for us, yes it would be that bad. 

33 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I think Ralph is hoping to use Djenepo against weaker teams as an attacking WB.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Not so much moaning about the signing, more moaning about others being positive about the signing. As if apathetic neutrality is the correct default position.

No ones saying it isn’t a positive signing. But describing signing a promising young full back for £5m as insane, is insane

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento - Official: Signs Insane 5 year Contract
8 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Be nice if he wasn't wrong for a change.

Yeh let's hope so, maybe £30 - 35 million clear profit if they use it, but also means a fair chump of change to Chelsea to find in a transfer window where they might have other priorities. I mean they have a very good right back who is just 21. 

Lol at the thread title, the mods having a bit of fun and why not indeed.

Good signing, might help restore a bit of the club’s esteem for developing talented young players to break through after the Les Reed debacle years. Even with a buy back clause, he will need to force his way into the side and play really well for 2-3 years, with the players Chelsea have bought in those positions. Win win if he does and SFC gets back to turning a good profit on players again. There will always be the odd dud but no Carrillo or Hoedt disasters. It seems a more sensible option than what Man U wanted to borrow Williams. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LGTL said:

Never heard of him, never seen him play, so I’ll be reserving judgement. No doubt he was held in high regard at Chelsea so hopefully a positive signing. 

Young hungry and guaranteed to improve. Won the same award as Dominic Solankie. Insane signing 

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Young hungry and guaranteed to improve. Won the same award as Dominic Solankie. Insane signing 

One big difference... Livramento started last season at the age of 17... playing in Chelsea's under 23 team. To win player of the season in age group 5 or 6 years above you is significant wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

One big difference... Livramento started last season at the age of 17... playing in Chelsea's under 23 team. To win player of the season in age group 5 or 6 years above you is significant wouldn't you agree?

Yes I would. it was some lighted hearted #bantz Matthew.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Also, Solanke has actually had a pretty decent season in the championship with 15 goals and 8 assists, he was kind of screwed by being bounced around at liverpool.

Plus, you know, Mount, Tomori, James et al. also won the chelsea youth player of the season, but who cares about them right?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

For how long? 

For too long. 

Sheffield United away a couple of years ago, only a half but it was bad. 

Obviously improved slightly second half when he moved position. 

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Sounds like he Thinks Ralph is the right man to improve him defensively. the poor bugger obviously hasn’t watched our shambles of a defence in past 2 seasons. 

• Sad 2

According to the stats sites, he was in the Chelsea U23 team that I watched lose to Everton last autumn, cos my nephew was playing for Everton (and scored). So I messaged him earlier and asked him for his thoughts.

He just sent me this reply...

"Been playing against him since I was about 10. One of the best I’ve ever played against id say. So so fast, strong,direct and really good on the ball i think it’s a great singing 👌🏽"

• Like 7

Wonder what this means for Valery? There could be a couple of mill in there if a French club get desperate enough in the next few weeks. Then we can get a natural left back to fill Valerys spot.

Sounds like Tino sees himself as a right back, not really a left back. So I'd say potentially a space still open for a left back if we are really going to go all out to fix the depth issue.

This one looks promising Chelsea will undoubtedly buy him back if he fulfills his potential to reach a first class player but at least we can enjoy him for a few years.  Anyone know why he turnt down  Chelsea contract? Lack of playtime for them? 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

This one looks promising Chelsea will undoubtedly buy him back if he fulfills his potential to reach a first class player but at least we can enjoy him for a few years.  Anyone know why he turnt down  Chelsea contract? Lack of playtime for them? 

From what I read, he didn't see a pathway. His nervousness around committing there was confounded when Chelsea started looking at another right back, Hakimi.

I think he just wants a pathway and he probably see's that here. Obviously KWP is first choice, clear starter - so it's not going to be easy, but he probably see's it as more dooable than Chelsea.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Wonder what this means for Valery? There could be a couple of mill in there if a French club get desperate enough in the next few weeks. Then we can get a natural left back to fill Valerys spot.

Sounds like Tino sees himself as a right back, not really a left back. So I'd say potentially a space still open for a left back if we are really going to go all out to fix the depth issue.

Go to jail?

put his house up for sale?

did he get a good lawyer?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

From what I read, he didn't see a pathway. His nervousness around committing there was confounded when Chelsea started looking at another right back, Hakimi.

I think he just wants a pathway and he probably see's that here. Obviously KWP is first choice, clear starter - so it's not going to be easy, but he probably see's it as more dooable than Chelsea.

And just seen Brandon Williams still wants to leave United this summer according to Sky.

Really pleased with this signing.  Exactly the sort of signing I think we should be making.

Last month, Simon Johnson at the Athletic did a story on the young players wanting out at Chelsea & for us to sign 2 out of the 4 of them is fantastic.

Chelsea's academy is top notch and you don't win player of the year there unless you have talent.

Lets see what the rest of the window brings...

Will be interesting to see if thats it now in terms of full back cover.

Livramento definitely right sided, but KWP has played a fair bit at LB so if Perraud is unavailable then KWP can shift across and Livramento could play RB.

Then you have the likes of Djenepo, Diallo, Salisu, Stephens who become 3rd/4th options.

I think we will stick with that now.

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Dig dig

Everything must be given a negative spin by certain posters. Unless ofc its already negative - in which case they double down... 😆

The reality is that he's a great signing at that money. Very good job well done by our recruitment team.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento