Tino Livramento

SuperSAINT

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

How about... people looking for Saints news rather than made up bullshit? Surely everyone on this forum of all forums wants the former of those two options... don't they?

How do you know it's made up bullshit?

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

It’s the Chelsea way, isn’t this exactly how we got Bertrand cos his way to first team was blocked and he’d been out on loan a fair bit?

Not really comparable situations.

- Livramento is an 18 year old who hasn't had a single loan.

- Bertrand was a 24 year old when he first joined us on loan and had previously had loans at Bournemouth, Oldham, Norwich, Reading, Nottingham Forest & Aston Villa plus had played 28 first team games for Chelsea.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How about... people looking for Saints news rather than made up bullshit? Surely everyone on this forum of all forums wants the former of those two options... don't they?

tbf this is a forum, I like reading everything from both the verified sources to random "football insider" links to random posters and drawing funny conclusions. 

It gives us something to speculate on and later ridicule. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Sour grapes, saving face or genuinely not arsed? Interesting reaction from the Brighton press about missing out on Livramento...
Chelsea wonderkid's decision to snub Brighton for Southampton is a sign of club's growth - SussexLive

They're annoyed it seems. A sign of how far they've come....yet still finished below us last season even after we couldnt win a game in 2021.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not really comparable situations.

- Livramento is an 18 year old who hasn't had a single loan.

- Bertrand was a 24 year old when he first joined us on loan and had previously had loans at Bournemouth, Oldham, Norwich, Reading, Nottingham Forest & Aston Villa plus had played 28 first team games for Chelsea.

“Way to the first team was blocked” was the key sentence, they both left for the same reason !

3 hours ago, SKD said:

Quick point on these clauses… let’s say it’s 25m (for arguments sake) with a sell on clause at 20% (my guess is it’ll be higher)… they’ll basically be able to buy him back for £20m. 

It’d probably cost them not too far off 20m in salary / bonus over 3 years if they kept him and he wouldn’t be getting first team exposure. 

Given they have the money to do so, that is great business by Chelsea. 

Quick point, I  sure we are aware of that and as such is likely not to be Included. Particularly as “sell on” suggests selling to someone other than Chelsea whereas “buy back” suggests selling to chelsea. The clue is in “sell on clause and buy back clause” refering to different scenearios. 

just my view but who knows we are all speculating unless we see the contract.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Welcome Tino, exciting young player! All the attributes of a great player, ball skills, dribbling,  low accurate crosses, defensive acumen and one of the most important attributes for Ralf style is the ability to maintain the energy for his high press, in your face pressure on the ball. This style will make any lazy, poor engine player a weak spot, as our press will fail, our rate of recovery will fall. I think it is Ralf first criteria,  can he run hard for 90+, yes ok, what is the rest like? His high energy press,  win ball up the pitch demands high energy players!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TWar said:

Would be an insane bit of business! Come on!!

Not sure on this source though...

Adrian Kajumba is a good source, I've met him a few times, he was based down here at the echo for a while and has good connections in the game that he's developed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TWar said:

And RB Leipzig, Man City, Arsenal, AC Milan and others I'd imagine. I stick by it, for what it is it's an insane deal. If we were signing him to be our starter it wouldn't be, but we aren't so it is. I am a big proponent of having youth as back up who can eventually take the role, there is no better youth player in the country in his position most likely, given he was player of the year at the top academy. It is an insane deal, everything is relative. This is someone you and others don't seem to realise with talk of Haaland and Cafu. 

Have you ever seen him play? And by that I mean on real life, not on computer games.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Sour grapes, saving face or genuinely not arsed? Interesting reaction from the Brighton press about missing out on Livramento...
Chelsea wonderkid's decision to snub Brighton for Southampton is a sign of club's growth - SussexLive

Haha what a strange article. I read some of their forum earlier and it was everyone saying how they’ve got Lamptey and whereas he’ll get into our team (apart from KWP being one of our best players, and Lamptey being missing for about 8 months now).

Also, they would never entertain a buy back clause as they want full control over their transfers, so they must’ve pulled out the race. It’s a glorified loan deal and great business for Chelsea, y’know, apart from the £20mil+ profit we’d make if the rumoured buy back price is anything to go. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TWar said:

And RB Leipzig, Man City, Arsenal, AC Milan and others I'd imagine. I stick by it, for what it is it's an insane deal. If we were signing him to be our starter it wouldn't be, but we aren't so it is. I am a big proponent of having youth as back up who can eventually take the role, there is no better youth player in the country in his position most likely, given he was player of the year at the top academy. It is an insane deal, everything is relative. This is someone you and others don't seem to realise with talk of Haaland and Cafu. 

It's not an insane deal. Calm down. He's coming to us because we can offer him first team football and then he gets to go back to Chelsea in a few seasons if he makes the grade. It makes sense for both parties and we've done well to negotiate it. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

This deal is clearly reminscent of that day in 1980 at Potters Heron when out walked the current European Footballer of the Year and the football World was shaken to its core.

It certainly seems that way In TWar’s world.

With worldwide names like Perruad and Livramento (unknown to anyone on the SWF until 2 months ago), running down either wing, JWP’s ‘progressive pass stats’, and Adam Armstrong’s 28 championship goals being added to our attack, we’ll strike fear into the premier league. 

(On a serious note, I like the look of this deal and the french chap as well, but insane… let’s settle down). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's not an insane deal. Calm down. He's coming to us because we can offer him first team football and then he gets to go back to Chelsea in a few seasons if he makes the grade. It makes sense for both parties and we've done well to negotiate it. 

Yep. Exactly right. Everyone is a winner in this situation.

Surprised he didn’t go to palace (from that area). Brighton he has a lot of competition in Lamptey. 

Realistically, we probably got the deal done because we’re happy to accept a buy back clause with a substantial sell on. 

Given we’ve not got a pot to piss in, it’s not a bad business model for us at this moment in time. 

Producing our own talent will be and has become harder, Chelsea seem to hoover up anything worth looking at in this area, a few Southampton and Hampshire lads in their current set up.

Edited by SKD

Never seen the kid play, and hopefully he lives up to the hype. Seems like a winger/wing back so not sure how that'll fit with our system. 

We won't get to see the deal details, but the buy back option is kind of like us getting a development fee after a loan. Bit weird, but it's a creative way of getting players and a bit of a win for everyone. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Have they ever done that with any other player with a buy back?

I would think that Chelsea's genuine options after a couple of years are

a) if he turns out to be Chelsea standard buy him back for £20m

b) if he isn't Chelsea standard let us sell him to (say) Arsenal for £30m but they still cream off the sell-on etc.

I don't get the admin of buying someone to sell them on in the same window.

If there are real examples where Chelsea buy someone back to "immediately" sell him to someone else for more, i'd be interested to know, not something I remember. 

It used to be that you can only be registered with two clubs in a season, this would stop anyone buying someone and moving them on straight away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I remember when we signed Gaston ramirez after Lawro scoffed at the idea of a small club like saints signing him. I thought that was an insane signing at the time but he was just shite. 

Surely just shite most of the time

1 hour ago, egg said:

Never seen the kid play, and hopefully he lives up to the hype. Seems like a winger/wing back so not sure how that'll fit with our system. 

Same here. Haven’t got a clue who he is, never heard of him. I’ll take the old fashioned approach, watch him and then make my mind up.

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Look at the forum hard men getting stroppy because someone else is a bit excited, insane.

Some people come to a forum to be negative, get out their pent up frustrations, and do the happy bit in their own space. That's fine. For me signing the youth player of the season from the best academy in the country is worthy of some celebration and positivity. For others, we can crack a smile when Harry Kane wanders through the door and not a minute sooner. Different folks, different strokes!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TWar said:

Some people come to a forum to be negative, get out their pent up frustrations, and do the happy bit in their own space. That's fine. For me signing the youth player of the season from the best academy in the country is worthy of some celebration and positivity. For others, we can crack a smile when Harry Kane wanders through the door and not a minute sooner. Different folks, different strokes!

There seems to be universal agreement that this is a decent signing and the club should be commended. I think though that most posters have a bit of perspective- particularly considering the reported nature of the deal - and don't want to go overboard with the hyperbole before he's walked in the door. I'm perfectly happy for people to be positive or excited about this but it's your use of the word "insane" that I had an issue with. It's a perfectly realistic sort of signing for us to get involved in given our financial situation and not insane at all (albeit the club deserve great credit if they pull it off). 

We've had loads of hyped signings and in my experience they are the ones who always fail to live up to expectations (off the top of my head Ramirez, Skacel, Euell, Osvaldo) so I'll take a wait and see approach 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

There seems to be universal agreement that this is a decent signing and the club should be commended. I think though that most posters have a bit of perspective- particularly considering the reported nature of the deal - and don't want to go overboard with the hyperbole before he's walked in the door. 

Seems likely he will be signing though, from what I've seen in the media, not too worried about him walking through the door now. Regarding the nature of the deal, a buyback is a pain but I'll reserve judgement until I see it, if it's like £35m I won't be too bothered.

No hyperbole here, I think its an incredible signing for the role we are trying to fill. I know people want to moan and the same people will come here to moan 10 mins into his debut when he misplaces his first pass but you are allowed to be excited!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TWar said:

Seems likely he will be signing though, from what I've seen in the media, not too worried about him walking through the door now. Regarding the nature of the deal, a buyback is a pain but I'll reserve judgement until I see it, if it's like £35m I won't be too bothered.

No hyperbole here, I think its an incredible signing for the role we are trying to fill. I know people want to moan and the same people will come here to moan 10 mins into his debut when he misplaces his first pass but you are allowed to be excited!

I genuinely haven't seen anyone moaning about this signing. Do you have a link? 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

I genuinely haven't seen anyone moaning about this signing. Do you have a link? 

Not so much moaning about the signing, more moaning about others being positive about the signing. As if apathetic neutrality is the correct default position.

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

No hyperbole here, I think its an incredible signing for the role we are trying to fill. I know people want to moan and the same people will come here to moan 10 mins into his debut when he misplaces his first pass

5 minutes ago, TWar said:

Not so much moaning about the signing, 

So you just made up that people are moaning about the signing. 

• Sad 1

Sounds like he would be a good signing, but are we signing another fullback or are we planning on switching KWP to left back in the even of a Perraud injury? 

Also really hate the buy back clause for the reasons listed in other posts, unless it's set at something like £40million (unlikely). Watch it be a £10million clause and his value shoot up to £50million in 3 years time

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Sounds like he would be a good signing, but are we signing another fullback or are we planning on switching KWP to left back in the even of a Perraud injury? 

Also really hate the buy back clause for the reasons listed in other posts, unless it's set at something like £40million (unlikely). Watch it be a £10million clause and his value shoot up to £50million in 3 years time

I think it's been confirmed as over £25m by some pretty reliable sources. Would hope its quite a way north of that though.

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

I think it's been confirmed as over £25m by some pretty reliable sources. Would hope its quite a way north of that though.

Best case scenario he plays as well as Bertrand in his prime which makes him not quite good enough for Chelsea.

I can't say I've ever seen him play, I've heard the reports of his reputation...but none of that is based on first team football yet, so I'm not going to proclaim he's the next superstar! He seems to have the tools from what I read though, but U23 > PL is a big jump - and he hasn't done that yet.

From what I've read he can play LB/RB - but is more of a wing back than an out and out full back, so in that sense he fits us perfectly and fills the spot we needed filling. Question mark over experience, but on the face of it a smart and creative bit of business which I didn't think we had it in us to do.

• Like 1

Buy back is annoying - we could lose a £50m player for £30m (or whatever it is). On the positive side if he does become worth £50m then it’s a hell of a signing for £3m and gets us back to what we were - a great place to learn and turbocharge your career to play for one of the big boys, plus hopefully we get a few years watching a top talent. 

38 minutes ago, TWar said:

Not so much moaning about the signing, more moaning about others being positive about the signing. As if apathetic neutrality is the correct default position.

Do you have an example of moaning? I think the general consensus of those who disagreed with you was that you were going over the top and being hyperbolic with your reaction. I haven't seen anyone being apathetic, everyone has been positive about the potential signing they just didn't have the same OTT response that you did. 

19 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Wasn't the plan for a midfielder to play at lb if required? 

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I can't say I've ever seen him play, I've heard the reports of his reputation...but none of that is based on first team football yet, so I'm not going to proclaim he's the next superstar! He seems to have the tools from what I read though, but U23 > PL is a big jump - and he hasn't done that yet.

From what I've read he can play LB/RB - but is more of a wing back than an out and out full back, so in that sense he fits us perfectly and fills the spot we needed filling. Question mark over experience, but on the face of it a smart and creative bit of business which I didn't think we had it in us to do.

Good post and an example of a positive and reasonable reaction to this signing. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hodgey said:

Buy back is annoying - we could lose a £50m player for £30m (or whatever it is). On the positive side if he does become worth £50m then it’s a hell of a signing for £3m and gets us back to what we were - a great place to learn and turbocharge your career to play for one of the big boys, plus hopefully we get a few years watching a top talent. 

Yep. OK so we lose out on a mega fee but it reduces our initial outlay and potentially we get a cracking player for a few years. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Tino Livramento