Coronavirus

whelk

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Oh look, my thick as pig shit stalker has arrived.  I'm assuming that you've decided it's more expedient to join the debate with your pants round your ankles rather than pull them down with your posting later on.

Many thanks for the link to a quote from an 'ex' Chief Constable.  His 'opinion' on this matter is truly as worhless as yours!

Can you find a link that disputes the FACT that Cummings was NOT charged for breaking the rules in place at the time or are you just going to continue linking to articles that have pointless opinions on them?

Remind us again Village Idiot. Is Japan "a small island"? What happens when the pound falls against the zloty? 

Don't call other people "thick as pig shit" when you yourself are so ignorant and stupid.

Heisenberg was quite funny in retrospect. Why have you replaced him with the opinionated thicko from Somerset?

Edited by Tamesaint

21 hours ago, egg said:

You duck the issue...

If you don't think it's a virus, what is it? 

What is your understanding of "the truth"? 

I did not duck the issue, you and he are as my comment about being called thick was ignored. Classic idiotic argumentative twots who mouth off and then buckle when shown to be wrong and duck it. 

57 minutes ago, st.bangkok said:

I did not duck the issue, you and he are as my comment about being called thick was ignored. Classic idiotic argumentative twots who mouth off and then buckle when shown to be wrong and duck it. 

Come on then, give us the evidence that the entire world, except you oh special one, is wrong. Explain what all those people have died of.

"Classic idiotic argumentative twot" - defined in Britannica as "St Bangkok".

Edited by badgerx16

17 hours ago, aintforever said:

She doesn't think they were appropriate, she's admitted what she did was wrong and apologised. Unlike the scumbag at no10.

Well she obviously thought they were appropriate when she did them didn't she - or otherwise she wouldn't have done them??

Now, after she's done them and had to admit it, she doesn't think they were appropriate and has apologised - so that makes it all OK does it?

Just saying sorry for literally putting the health of loads of other people at risk is OK is it?

I would like to see her squirm while she explains exactly what was going through her mind when she decided to firstly travel to London knowing she had symptoms and was awaiting a test result, then to go into Parliament knowing she had symptoms and was awaiting a test result, then to get the results confirming that she was indeed positive and STILL thinking 'fuck it I'm going to get on the train again' and expose loads of other people to a potentially deadly virus that they won't know they potentially have and could therefore unwittingly now spread it onto more people who may actually die from it. 

So no, I don't think  just apologising for it and now and accepting that her actions were not appropriate is anywhere good enough.

These are exactly the sort of irresponsible and selfish actions that will continue to spread the virus which will ultimately result in more/stricter lockdowns, more/greater harm to the economy, more people losing their jobs/income, businesses closing down, and most importantly more fucking deaths!! 

And before you ask - yes Dom is a complete and utter bellend for doing what he did and I believe should also have paid a 'higher price' for his selfish and irresponsible actions.

18 minutes ago, SFC1906 said:

Well she obviously thought they were appropriate when she did them didn't she - or otherwise she wouldn't have done them??

Now, after she's done them and had to admit it, she doesn't think they were appropriate and has apologised - so that makes it all OK does it?

Just saying sorry for literally putting the health of loads of other people at risk is OK is it?

I would like to see her squirm while she explains exactly what was going through her mind when she decided to firstly travel to London knowing she had symptoms and was awaiting a test result, then to go into Parliament knowing she had symptoms and was awaiting a test result, then to get the results confirming that she was indeed positive and STILL thinking 'fuck it I'm going to get on the train again' and expose loads of other people to a potentially deadly virus that they won't know they potentially have and could therefore unwittingly now spread it onto more people who may actually die from it. 

So no, I don't think  just apologising for it and now and accepting that her actions were not appropriate is anywhere good enough.

These are exactly the sort of irresponsible and selfish actions that will continue to spread the virus which will ultimately result in more/stricter lockdowns, more/greater harm to the economy, more people losing their jobs/income, businesses closing down, and most importantly more fucking deaths!! 

And before you ask - yes Dom is a complete and utter bellend for doing what he did and I believe should also have paid a 'higher price' for his selfish and irresponsible actions.

The other notable thing is the free pass the press have handed Krankie & the SNP (over this, not her old man trying to influence the police & stitch up the previous leader). This sweaty Covid MP must have told the whips she was going back up north on the Tuesday. What reason did she give? Also, when did the SNP find out she had travelled on a train infected with Covid and what did they then do about it, and who did they inform? 
 It looks like a classic “Westminster ducks in a row” operation when the news broke, I’d bet my bottom dollar they only acted once the story broke, rather than when they knew about it. When it’s some mp boning a hooker, that’s ok, but everybody who potentially came into contact with the dopey bint needs to self isolate ASAP to stop further infections, even half a day is too long. The MSM who can’t wait to produce a “gotcha” moment when it’s a Tory, haven’t bothered to investigate this properly, a bit of old fashioned journalism would have exposed them. 

As you say, this breach doesn’t mean others were ok. But only a one eyed half bake can’t see that this is far and away the worst. Far far worse than Ferguson, the sweaty advisor, Boris’ dad, or Dom. It’s probably worse than all 3 added together. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

The other notable thing is the free pass the press have handed Krankie & the SNP (over this, not her old man trying to influence the police & stitch up the previous leader). This sweaty Covid MP must have told the whips she was going back up north on the Tuesday. What reason did she give? Also, when did the SNP find out she had travelled on a train infected with Covid and what did they then do about it, and who did they inform? 
 It looks like a classic “Westminster ducks in a row” operation when the news broke, I’d bet my bottom dollar they only acted once the story broke, rather than when they knew about it. When it’s some mp boning a hooker, that’s ok, but everybody who potentially came into contact with the dopey bint needs to self isolate ASAP to stop further infections, even half a day is too long. The MSM who can’t wait to produce a “gotcha” moment when it’s a Tory, haven’t bothered to investigate this properly, a bit of old fashioned journalism would have exposed them. 

As you say, this breach doesn’t mean others were ok. But only a one eyed half bake can’t see that this is far and away the worst. Far far worse than Ferguson, the sweaty advisor, Boris’ dad, or Dom. It’s probably worse than all 3 added together. 

Yes agreed - I believe that this one is far worse than all the others because she actually knew that she had it and was therefore a risk to everyone she came into contact with, and then subsequently everyone they came into contact with, and so on and so forth.

For me it is exactly the same as what Trump is and has been doing at the Whitehouse - knowingly putting others at risk. The world's media are quite rightly going to town on the Orange one for his actions yet this woman can just say 'oh I'm sorry' and that's it!! 

1 hour ago, st.bangkok said:

I've called nobody thick. 

You've said it's not a virus but won't say what you say it is.  

You say people are brainwashed and need to see "the truth" but won't say what you say the truth is. 

I've asked you to explain more than once. You haven't - that says it all.

All you covid conspiracy theorists fall down when asked to explain your stance. It's just no virus, bill Gates, microchip, control, the real world power, and other mad shit. Nut cases.

2 hours ago, SFC1906 said:

I don’t think what she did was ok, I have already said what she did was worse than Cummings - try reading next time.

My point about her admitting it and apologising was that by doing so she didn’t undermine the government’s message as much as if she had lied and not apologised like Cummings.

Controlling this virus depends totally on the behaviour of the public, when the people in charge are seen to be ignoring the rules then it does have an effect on people’s attitudes and behaviour - that is undeniable. Lying and acting dishonestly, or even just being perceived as doing such, only makes the situation worse.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

I've called nobody thick. 

You've said it's not a virus but won't say what you say it is.  

You say people are brainwashed and need to see "the truth" but won't say what you say the truth is. 

I've asked you to explain more than once. You haven't - that says it all.

All you covid conspiracy theorists fall down when asked to explain your stance. It's just no virus, bill Gates, microchip, control, the real world power, and other mad shit. Nut cases.

LOL. Utterly braindead. Keep sucking up that MSM orders broadcast system. Do as your told like a good little sheep. 

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

I don’t think what she did was ok, I have already said what she did was worse than Cummings - try reading next time.

My point about her admitting it and apologising was that by doing so she didn’t undermine the government’s message as much as if she had lied and not apologised like Cummings.

Controlling this virus depends totally on the behaviour of the public, when the people in charge are seen to be ignoring the rules then it does have an effect on people’s attitudes and behaviour - that is undeniable. Lying and acting dishonestly, or even just being perceived as doing such, only makes the situation worse.

All of the above, plus she is just an MP nobody had heard of, not the primary adviser to the Prime Minister.  

2 hours ago, st.bangkok said:

LOL. Utterly braindead. Keep sucking up that MSM orders broadcast system. Do as your told like a good little sheep. 

I'll take your inability to answer two simple questions as an acceptance that the answers will make you look like a tin hat wearing loon.

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Why do even debate with such a gullible moron? 

You make a good point, although I am intrigued to know what he believes the virus is. The sandwich shop lady told me the other day that "they" are making it all up to make us a cashless world. She had no idea who they are though, or why they would decimate the world economy for a bit more tax revenue from the likes of her, barbers, builders and taxi drivers. 

Hhhmmm, so her reason for travelling back to Scotland was because she was scared she might have to self isolate in an hotel for two weeks!

Oh, and now we find out that she went to church the day after her test before she went to London but she insists she didn't break any rules!

The MP, 60, told the paper that she "panicked" and insisted she followed the rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54496759

She also states that she had a test because she had a "tickly throat" - yeah right, like that one's believable - but even so, if you book a test you must self isolate whilst you wait for your results, the rules on this seem pretty clear, although she is claiming they are 'muddled' https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/what-your-test-result-means/

Still, good job she apologised eh, as that means she hasn't undermined the Government's message ;) 

Who is all this stuff on this thread about the SNP woman directed at? No one on this forum is defending her, her party have dumped her, Krankie has been completely unequivocal about her view.

What point are you making ladies?

Edited by CB Fry

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Who is all this stuff on this thread about the SNP woman directed at? No one on this forum is defending her, her party have dumped her, Krankie has been completely unequivocal about her view.

What point are you making ladies?

Pony.

Aintforever has been defending her by saying she has apologised and therefore hasn't undermined the Government message as much as if she'd lied like Cummings.

She has blatantly lied when she went on record to state she booked a test because she had a 'tickly throat'.  Try booking a test with your only symptom being a 'tickly throat' and see how far you get!  So she either lied in her interview or she lied in order to get a test booked.  Either way her 'lies' have undermined the Government message just as much as Cummings.

29 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Pony.

Aintforever has been defending her by saying she has apologised and therefore hasn't undermined the Government message as much as if she'd lied like Cummings.

She has blatantly lied when she went on record to state she booked a test because she had a 'tickly throat'.  Try booking a test with your only symptom being a 'tickly throat' and see how far you get!  So she either lied in her interview or she lied in order to get a test booked.  Either way her 'lies' have undermined the Government message just as much as Cummings.

Aintforever has not defended her for a second. Try harder sweetheart.

Edited by CB Fry

28 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Pony.

Aintforever has not defended for a second. Try harder sweetheart.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Pony.

What Aintforever said in response to you was "Fuck me you are hard work. What the Scottish MP (no typo this time) did was worse ", and he then continued to say that she at least had the decency to apologise. The key factor in this is which one, out of her and Dom, is helping generate the 'guidance' that we are all supposed to be following.

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Pony.

My word you haven’t got any brighter. I am genuinely staggered how thick and tribal some people can be. She is a fcking irrelevance however desperate you are to discuss it. 

1 hour ago, whelk said:

My word you haven’t got any brighter. I am genuinely staggered how thick and tribal some people can be. She is a fcking irrelevance however desperate you are to discuss it. 

My word you haven't got any brighter.

What Aintforever said was "My point about her admitting it and apologising was that by doing so she didn’t undermine the government’s message as much as if she had lied and not apologised like Cummings."

I've highlighted the relevant passage which defends her actions stating she hasn't undermined the government's message but feel free to shout if you're still a little confused.

As I've previously stated, Aintforever has been all over the place with his postings and can't seem to decide whether he condones her actions or thinks she is somehow not as bad as someone who didn't actually break any rules.

If you think a serving MP blatantly disregarding the rules around testing and isolating whilst infected with CoVid is irrelevant, I'd suggest this probably isn't the thread for you.

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What Aintforever said was "My point about her admitting it and apologising was that by doing so she didn’t undermine the government’s message as much as if she had lied and not apologised like Cummings."

I've highlighted the relevant passage which defends her actions stating she hasn't undermined the government's message but feel free to shout if you're still a little confused.

As I've previously stated, Aintforever has been all over the place with his postings and can't seem to decide whether he condones her actions or thinks she is somehow not as bad as someone who didn't actually break any rules.

If you think a serving MP blatantly disregarding the rules around testing and isolating whilst infected with CoVid is irrelevant, I'd suggest this probably isn't the thread for you.

It is pretty impressive how pitifully thick one human van be.

Clue: she's not part of the government. 

24 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Dominic Cummins may not be an MP, but he is arguably more important and influential on the public experience than a non-entity from north of the border. He has not apologised, and has said he has no regrets over his trip north, or his " eye test".

What part of ‘what she did was worse than Cummings’ don’t you understand?

19 hours ago, CB Fry said:

It is pretty impressive how pitifully thick one human van be.

Clue: she's not part of the government. 

It's pretty impressive how pitifully thick one human can be.

Clue : those weren't my words, I was quoting someone else and have at no point in my entire life claimed she was part of the government.

41 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Which part of you claiming she has not undermined the Government's message do you not understand?

My point was that by apologising and admitting she had done wrong she didn't undermine the governments message as much as if she had lied and made out it was OK to do what she had done.

Cumming's actions made the Prime Minister to go on national TV and explain how it's totally fine to drive the length of the country even if you have Covid symptoms and go on a 60 mile trip to a local beauty spot during lockdown  - that's where the damage was done.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

What’s good for this lady should be good for Cummings. Can’t have one rule for one and not the other for the sake of political expediency.

Not sure I agree as the rules were different for both.  Cummings didn't break any rules - although I'm well aware that is just a 'technicality' - whilst Ferrier broke the fundamental rule by not isolating whilst waiting for her test result.  More than that she went to places where it is reasonable to expect lots of other people to be, whilst knowing she may be contagious!

I still think that those calling for her scalp are wrong as the rules state the penalty for breaking them to be a fine not loss of livelihood!

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Which would be a truly wonderful point if she hadn't lied and undermined the Government's message!

Why the fuck do you keep going on about undermining the government's message?

She's not in the government and is no more responsible for the upholding the government's message than I am.

She shouldn't break the rules, but when she did she apologised and her employers have thrown the book at her and made an example of her: if anything she's been used to underline the seriousness of the rules. Sturgeon got some easy "strong leader" points out of it.

She should resign as an MP, I am going to trust the people in her constituency to kick her out.

I said a couple of days ago, why on earth are you obsessing over this woman when no one on this forum is defending her and her leadership have disowned her.

I've yet to see a satisfactory answer.

Edited by CB Fry

Hundreds of youths congregating two hours before Liverpool hit Tier 3 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-

Where next for local lockdowns? Definitely some government tensions with the new Red Wall MPs about next stages. Two week Circuit Break lockdown not ruled out

On 12/10/2020 at 21:40, CB Fry said:

Why the fuck do you keep going on about undermining the government's message?

Jesus Wept, you really are thicker than a whale omelette.

As I tried pointing out to you a few posts ago, those are not my words, they are Aintforever's words.

I do like your argument though, that because she isn't in the Government then she is no more responsible for upholding the Government's message that you or I, or even Cummings who is also not in the Government ;)

55 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Jesus Wept, you really are thicker than a whale omelette.

As I tried pointing out to you a few posts ago, those are not my words, they are Aintforever's words.

I do like your argument though, that because she isn't in the Government then she is no more responsible for upholding the Government's message that you or I, or even Cummings who is also not in the Government ;)

But it's you, no one else, just you going on and on about an opposition MP who is not part of the government being somehow responsible for "undermining the government's message". I've quoted you saying it. No one else. As previously covered, an opposition MP is no more responsible for upholding the government's message than I am.

I'll just repeat what I said before, still unanswered:

Any time you want to tell us why you keep going on and on about her, please let us know.

• Like 1

Well, which one?  Your Pal Aintforever has so far ignored this question, will you tell us which rules he broke?

If you're thick enough to believe the trip to the north east stuff, that's up to you, that was all against the rules, which is why the Conservative defence at the time was a load of cock about "any parent would do the same". If he hadn't broken any rules, the defence would be a pretty simple "he didn't break any rules".

But beyond that he broke the rules from the get-go - he went home, attended to his sick wife displaying symptoms, and then went back into his workplace. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If you're thick enough to believe the trip to the north east stuff, that's up to you, that was all against the rules, which is why the Conservative defence at the time was a load of cock about "any parent would do the same". If he hadn't broken any rules, the defence would be a pretty simple "he didn't break any rules".

But beyond that he broke the rules from the get-go - he went home, attended to his sick wife displaying symptoms, and then went back into his workplace. 

"Do as I say", not "Do as I do".

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, aintforever said:

So you do actually believe the eye test story. Brilliant! :lol:

"If you have even the slightest doubt about whether your eyesight is OK for driving you should not drive again until you have seen an optician or other eyesight specialist."

https://smartdriving.co.uk/Driving/Useful/eyesight.html

Driving with defective vision is an offence. So, if he thought his eyesight was defective, then technically he broke the law by not having a 'proper' eye test before getting into his car.

• Like 1

The Government invited the Warrington MP to join the video conference about restrictions in Merseyside, despite Warrington not being in Merseyside. They also failed to invite Lisa Nandy, MP for Wigan, to the conference for Greater Manchester - Wigan is in GM.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/government-fumbled-tier-listings-last-night_uk_5f856b1ec5b6e6d033a76cd8

Their grasp of the geography of the North West is nearly as poor as their grasp on reality.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus