Coronavirus

whelk

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

I assumed SOG had been arrested at one of the recent riots.  He’s been gone for while now and not even a Tommy R thread got him back

That's what I was thinking. The radio likes to have the judge read out the whole sentence, and I just assumed he was one of the "keyboard warriors" that came up.

The alternative was we were going to get a "return from holiday" approach, just looking to pretend nothing had happened. An  extended version of the tactic used for years.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

5 minutes ago, tdmickey3 said:

Nutty nic calling people mental🤣..... incredible lack of self awareness 

The definition of the incredible bullshitting man

Nutty Nic v mental mickey needs be more a pit of wits than just fighting each other with laughing emojis.

I genuinely welcome Nic posting and respect his right to his views

5 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

That's what I was thinking. The radio likes to have the judge read out the whole sentence, and I just assumed he was one of the "keyboard warriors" that came up.

The alternative was we were going to get a "return from holiday" approach, just looking to pretend nothing had happened. An  extended version of the tactic used for years.

Have you ruled out handing out water bottles in Gaza? 

20 minutes ago, whelk said:

Have you ruled out handing out water bottles in Gaza? 

No. There is chance a return story will include a reference to a fictitious friend handing out water bottles in Gaza.

I'd not rule any subject out, as we saw with Nazi belt buckles.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

But thanks for stalking all my posts with a laughing emoji. That is clear proof you have gotten to some one and beaten them to death with logic and brains.

Congratulations on evolving to the point of self-awareness. Keep going and you might eventually attain the skill of coherent communication.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

I see u have once again been shown up and embarrassed as a 'I Know nothing' fool on this thread lol. But thanks for stalking all my posts with a laughing emoji. That is clear proof you have gotten to some one and beaten them to death with logic and brains.

Nic old chap, anyone who uses the terms 'gotten' or the awful 'from the get go' (and appreciate this criticism can't be levelled at you for the moment) needs to have a lie down and ban themselves from watching US inspired TV, Media and Cinema.
Kind regards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/08/2024 at 13:01, Holmes_and_Watson said:

No. There is chance a return story will include a reference to a fictitious friend handing out water bottles in Gaza.

I'd not rule any subject out, as we saw with Nazi belt buckles.

Another one of those weird people on here who got upset when it was said that Germany was a Christian country back in the 30’s and 40’s? I thought you were smarter than the others. Clearly not.

Anyway, back on subject.

As for Coronavirus, I had visit to the doc’s surgery to have a Shingles jab a couple of weeks ago. We were talking about when my booster for Covid was due and she said there has been a further increase with the numbers going down with it recently. They think that fewer people bother to test themselves anymore so don’t stay at home, treat it just like a cold or mild flu and end up spreading it further.

• Sad 1

More you were desperate to defend your beloved Islam and the associated terrorist atrocities by pathetically trying to match the Nazis as Christian equivalent. When scrambling for any evidence, obviously ignoring any historians’ view, you started talking about belt buckles. That’s is why it is not forgotten and you were relentlessly mocked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Another one of those weird people on here who got upset when it was said that Germany was a Christian country back in the 30’s and 40’s?

Typical disingenuous bullshit from you.

We know what you wrote because we read it at the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cevj3y7n33vo

''An anti-corruption charity says it has identified significant concerns in contracts worth over £15.3bn awarded by the Conservative government during the Covid pandemic, equivalent to one in every £3 spent.''

But if we hadn’t awarded the contracts  theTories would have not been able to buy more properties to rent out to the lowly working class oiks. So the poor old renters would have been the ones that lost out. You need to understand how the economy works. If those at the top are not obscenely wealthy then those at the bottom suffer. So don’t you dare suggest taxing them further

37 minutes ago, whelk said:

But if we hadn’t awarded the contracts  theTories would have not been able to buy more properties to rent out to the lowly working class oiks. So the poor old renters would have been the ones that lost out. You need to understand how the economy works. If those at the top are not obscenely wealthy then those at the bottom suffer. So don’t you dare suggest taxing them further

I think they'll redo their leadership election for a candidate with those values. 🙂

46 minutes ago, whelk said:

Trickle down economics proven time and time again to work perfectly ........ if you are rich, the economic equivalent of been pee'd on from a great height.  It's right up there with the old we can't tax the mega rich anymore or they will all leave the country.....

6 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

I think they'll redo their leadership election for a candidate with those values. 🙂

Won’t be a multi millionaire left in the UK when they all flee the CGT rise coming. A boon for Latvian estate agents as hear Monaco has limited capacity 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Here's one for GM and nutty Nic ;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cy8095xjg4po

"A team of scientists say it is “beyond reasonable doubt” the Covid pandemic started with infected animals sold at a market, rather than a laboratory leak."

One of the Beeb's radio stations had one of the scientists involved. She started off saying there was still validity to looking at it coming from a lab, it's just not the conclusion they reached.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

One of the Beeb's radio stations had one of the scientists involved. She started off saying there was still validity to looking at it coming from a lab, it's just not the conclusion they reached.

Of course there was. The Wuhan lab was a centre for the study of coronaviruses and the potential for zoonetic transmission, especially in strains found naturally in bats as there was thought to be a history of localised cross-infections into humans in a mining area close to Wuhan. There is always a risk in any laboratory - when I was at Uni we had a field trip to Porton Down and were shown the store where 'live' Smallpox was being stored, naturally the level of biosecurity in that lab was high.

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Of course there was. The Wuhan lab was a centre for the study of coronaviruses and the potential for zoonetic transmission, especially in strains found naturally in bats as there was thought to be a history of localised cross-infections into humans in a mining area close to Wuhan. There is always a risk in any laboratory - when I was at Uni we had a field trip to Porton Down and were shown the store where 'live' Smallpox was being stored, naturally the level of biosecurity in that lab was high.

Just my reaction to seeing the "beyond reasonable doubt" headline, when the first thing one of the scientists involved said, was something else.

I read a couple of books about containment in the 1970s. Gaffer tape doing a lot of work protecting humanity. The other take away was that animal transportation and wet markets were disasters waiting to happen. And had happened.