Coronavirus

whelk

9 hours ago, aintforever said:

You still haven’t answered the question. What would any government have to gain from enforcing lockdowns that they knew were not necessary?

I thought he did answer that question.  Maybe you missed it?

Johnson had to do it, or he would have been 'removed', with the fallout and carnage that came with it. 

You may not like the answer or even believe it, but doesn't mean you can turn into a parrot asking the same question over and over ad infinitum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That still doesn’t answer the question. If the government knew there was no risk why lockdown?

I did answer the question, the public demanded it and the government were paralysed. 

Edited by AlexLaw76

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Yes, exactly that 

Behave. Nobody wanted lock down as such, but the NHS was overwhelmed at times, and the tide had to be slowed. Many opponents focused on death rates only and overlooked the minor issue of people getting properly ill, clogging hospitals, and living with serious effects of covid. 

Still, the discussion is worth having so a few loons can entertain us with their theories about control, great reset, nwo, and all that nonsense. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Behave. Nobody wanted lock down as such, but the NHS was overwhelmed at times, and the tide had to be slowed. Many opponents focused on death rates only and overlooked the minor issue of people getting properly ill, clogging hospitals, and living with serious effects of covid. 

Still, the discussion is worth having so a few loons can entertain us with their theories about control, great reset, nwo, and all that nonsense. 

I was not being serious to CB Fry

6 minutes ago, egg said:

Isn't your position that lockdowns weren't needed? 

My position is that from Summer 2020, it was all to restrictive. Eat out to help out killing granny, kids barred from playing and everything else in between. We were only kept from a Omicron lockdown as enough MPs said no (thankfully).

So many from the centre were not remotely scared/worried/bothered. Labour, Tory, SNP, Scientists, SAGE members, media personalities and even medical professionals, just so many Were just not scared at the point we were all told to be...

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

My position is that from Summer 2020, it was all to restrictive. Eat out to help out killing granny, kids barred from playing and everything else in between. We were only kept from a Omicron lockdown as enough MPs said no (thankfully).

So many from the centre were not remotely scared/worried/bothered. Labour, Tory, SNP, Scientists, SAGE members even medical professionals, just so many Were just not scared at the point we were all told to be...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64848106

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I did answer the question, the public demanded it and the government were paralysed. 

You seriously think that was the reason and they knew all along that virus was harmless?

Governments all around the world just had to lockdown  because everyone was desperate to stay indoors and wreck the economy. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

Just now, aintforever said:

You seriously think that was the reason and they knew all along that virus was harmless?

Governments all around the world just had to lockdown  because everyone was desperate to stay indoors and wreck the economy. 😂😂😂😂😂

They were not scared (evidently) from late spring 2020.....

14 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

So many from the centre were not remotely scared/worried/bothered. Labour, Tory, SNP, Scientists, SAGE members, media personalities and even medical professionals, just so many Were just not scared at the point we were all told to be...

Is that a long-winded yes I was against lockdown, or a no I wasn't? 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Is that a long-winded yes I was against lockdown, or a no I wasn't? 

I was against the path we took from May-ish/June 2020....yes. Said it at the time and believe it today. 

Edited by AlexLaw76

7 hours ago, Picard said:

WHO planned, initiated, and controlled the Global imposition of lockdowns. WHO had the necessary influence over so many disparate political regimes.

But why ? What did the WHO expect to gain ? Why were Global leaders around the World so willing to follow the WHO's edicts ? Is the WHO just a front organisation for a secret global Government ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

But why ? What did the WHO expect to gain ? Why were Global leaders around the World so willing to follow the WHO's edicts ? Is the WHO just a front organisation for a secret global Government ?

I always like the lack of answers to these questions. Never get told who "they" are or what they hoped to achieve. The conspiracy guys have moved on from this mate, it's all 5 minute cities and chemtrails now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

I always like the lack of answers to these questions. Never get told who "they" are or what they hoped to achieve. The conspiracy guys have moved on from this mate, it's all 5 minute cities and chemtrails now. 

If we had the answers there wouldn’t be any questions.

9 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I was against the path we took from May-ish/June 2020....yes. Said it at the time and believe it today. 

So you were satisfied that in the first lockdown that the NHS was ok and able to cope, and that those vulnerable to COVID (at that time, based on what we knew then) would be ok if we carried on regardless?  

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

If we had the answers there wouldn’t be any questions.

In this context there isn't an answer Whitey, it's all conspiracy nonsense. The only answer I hear is "big pharma". Bless the people who believe that collective world governments have conspired to wreck economies to boost pharma companies. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aintforever said:

You still haven’t answered the question. What would any government have to gain from enforcing lockdowns that they knew were not necessary?

Well a good number of the cabinet and Tory peers made considerable amounts of money from it. So there was certainly personal motivation to prolong the need for those contracts in this country. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Well a good number of the cabinet and Tory peers made considerable amounts of money from it. So there was certainly personal motivation to prolong the need for those contracts in this country. 

And we can presume that the same holds for other countries.

https://ibb.co/n13dhSh

Nope, there was no lying, no selling and nothing at all to see. And none of them have back peddled after the event to say that they never said these things. The whole thing was totally run properly and there was no attempt to control or make money from it all whatsoever!

[url=https://ibb.co/n13dhSh][img]https://i.ibb.co/LgQj4f4/vax-bs.jpg[/img][/url]

PS. I have no idea how to embed an image.

Edited by east-stand-nic
image doesnt work
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, egg said:

That’s why a great awakening is happening 

42 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

And we can presume that the same holds for other countries.

573 people became billionaires in the first 2 years of the pandemic. 

The richest in the world doubled their wealth. 

I wonder what possible motivation there could have been to prolong the pandemic. I don’t think those people would care too much about “wrecking the economy” because they won’t notice it one little bit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

The richest in the world doubled their wealth. 

I wonder what possible motivation there could have been to prolong the pandemic. I don’t think those people would care too much about “wrecking the economy” because they won’t notice it one little bit. 

So it was a combined effort of the WHO and all the governments around the world to conspire to make a few billionaires richer. Brilliant. Glad we cleared that one up.

Couldn’t possibly have been some businessmen seeing an opportunity and profiteering at everyone’s expense, that could never happen.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, aintforever said:

So it was a combined effort of the WHO and all the governments around the world to conspire to make a few billionaires richer. Brilliant. Glad we cleared that one up.

Couldn’t possibly have been some businessmen seeing an opportunity and profiteering at everyone’s expense, that could never happen.

There’re around 2,600 billionaires in the world according to Forbes, it’s astonishing to think that nearly a quarter of them made their fortune selling disposable surgical masks. There was me thinking most of them got rich from oil, telecoms, automobiles, engineering, software, energy, manufacturing, transport, banking, foodstuffs, online shopping, marketing, fashion, cosmetics, tourism, construction aerospace, military hardware and other industries best served by a free flowing  and unrestricted economy but no; I was wrong. Like a sheep I have been misled, disposable surgical masks are where the world big bucks really are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

573 people who were multi-multi-millionaires already, increased their wealth by a few percentage points. Whilst, no doubt, they benefitted from the economic forces at play, they didn't reach that milestone from scratch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Covid NOT dangerous here

image.png.c699617e2a5dd16cb7064a90ec17fbc7.png

Covid IS dangerous here

image.png.67acaf276782fed0b87ab85a333e742f.png

It all became a farce....for everyone..."5000 deaths a day from Omicron", unless we lockdown.... christ on a bike.

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

7 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Not sure I disagree. I suppose it depends on your individual circumstances. Wife's cancer diagnosis, surgery and chemo meant that the initial lockdown worked in our favour. Not sure about the others though the Jan 6 2021 lockdown followed on from radiotherapy where my wife was once again ECV so that kind of worked out too. 

1 hour ago, tdmickey3 said:

Said it before, Alexlaw, an opinion on everything but an understanding of the square root of fuck all

His mind has been addled by twitter

Pointless trying to reason with the loon

thanks for your input.

12 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Said it before, Alexlaw, an opinion on everything but an understanding of the square root of fuck all

His mind has been addled by twitter

Pointless trying to reason with the loon

He had quite a day on the Saintsweb yesterday. He was rinsed on here with his Coronavirus theories and taken apart on the Russian thread with his opinions on the war in Ukraine.

There must be some psychology name for the enjoyment that he gets from defending his batshit theories. I don't know it so will just have to use the phrase "fucking nutter."

• Haha 2

On 18/06/2023 at 01:09, egg said:

Behave. Nobody wanted lock down as such, but the NHS was overwhelmed at times, and the tide had to be slowed. Many opponents focused on death rates only and overlooked the minor issue of people getting properly ill, clogging hospitals, and living with serious effects of covid

Spot on.

I find it irritating that the anti-lockdown conspiracy theorists only talk about mortality rates (still a magnitude factor higher than flu, BTW), and having to lockdown just to save Granny. All the while ignoring the fact that hospitals around the world were being overwhlemed, and the horror of long Covid which is widespread (and not reflected in the "low" mortality rate data).

Why would governments around the world impose economic chaos just to save Granny, FFS?

Boris and the rest of the bellends partied because they are anti-science morons, just like Trump and his Republican fascist party.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I have been browsing the forum for a number of years and stumbled across the off topic forum recently so I have decided to give my two pence piece on this subject as my first ever post haha

On 18/06/2023 at 09:47, egg said:

Not picking on you egg, I just have not gone through the whole thread and wanted to address this idea of "they" as simple as possible because it can get complicated. apologies if it has been covered already, as I have said I have not been through the whole thread.

I think the "they" that "conspiracy theorists" tend to refer to are the unelected global representative think tank groups e.g. World Economic Forum, Council on Foreign Relations, Chatham House, Rockefellers etc. that are partly funded and coordinated by the Bank for International Settlements/Central Banks and are the organisations that create certain policies to further an agenda.

This then trickles down to the Distributers of certain policies by these Nongovernmental organisations e.g. UN, International Monetary Fund, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, World Health Organisation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation etc. which in turn is fed down to National Governments and Scientific authorities to be implemented into said Nation justified on the basis that they are the authority.

Of course then filtered through MSM, social media etc.

Now as to why lockdown? To save Grandma? to crash the world economy? Maybe the implementation of a new global economy using novel technology? "The pandemic represents a rare but narrow window of opportunity to reflect, reimagine, and reset our world" - Klaus Shwaub (https://www.weforum.org/focus/the-great-reset)..  The reason "conspiracy theorists" talk about the Great reset and Fourth Industrial Revolution is because it comes from the horses mouth, there's no conjecture. The only conjecture comes when you argue about what that looks like... urm... https://web.archive.org/web/20220818143555/https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/8-predictions-for-the-world-in-2030/  and https://www.facebook.com/worldeconomicforum/videos/10154159674886479/ "you'll own nothing and be happy" well.. who will own all the stuff? it's resource control. These powers don't particularly care about what the currency is or what the economy is doing, as they own/will own the resources.

And now with the talk, and soon to be, implementation of CBDC's (Central Bank Digital Currencies) https://www.weforum.org/impact/helping-central-banks-explore-and-innovate-with-blockchain/ (written in 2019) https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/the-digital-pound (Bank Of England) which before the Pandemic, no one would have accepted as there would be no reason to and add that with CBDC's, it will be a lot easier to turn off your buying power etc. if you don'y comply with the rules of the day. Drove up to Leeds to see Southampton play at the weekend? you went over your carbon allowance for the week. You should have taken the Train or Coach to help reduce your carbon footprint. No heating for you this week. It's hypothetical but I think it's possible based on "their" statements of intent. To me, it's quite clear that these "think tanks" have more of a grip than we understand.

And why the lockstep? why do all these think tanks and organisations seem to sing from the same hymn sheet? Something called Technocracy, a social movement applied using the scientific method as a way of solving societal problems and was implemented in the fertile ground of China in the 70's by Zbigniew Brzezinski (he wrote a book on it https://www.amazon.com/Between-Two-Ages-Americas-Technetronic/dp/0313234981) with Rockefeller money and exists there today (https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,165453,00.html an older article but still relevant).

Technocracy bypasses government with the use of "experts" (who decides the experts?) within a given field (E.g. the WHO treaty https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9550/) that will decide what actions will be taken in particular circumstances. It is being used as a model today, especially now that technology and data collection has caught up with the theory and is now under the guise of Sustainable Development as a blanket economic system in the west (https://www.undp.org/sustainable-development-goals). The goals in of themselves seem positive on the surface but the problems come in the attainment of the goals.

I tried to keep this as concise as possible as its complicated but this is all out in the open. The agenda is not a secret. Then again It's hard to keep secrets in the age of information but it can be quite difficult to find and put some pieces together. I encourage you guys to just look around you and try to cast your mind back to pre-pandemic and what has changed already also with this post in mind; Cashless shops and restaurants, smart meters, 5g towers, closed down small businesses, cost of living crisis etc. We all suffered to varying degrees during the pandemic and post pandemic but whether you believe the actions taken were right or wrong, the reasons for it, in my humble opinion, are more nefarious than we were led to believe.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DNB said:

Hello everyone, I have been browsing the forum for a number of years and stumbled across the off topic forum recently so I have decided to give my two pence piece on this subject as my first ever post haha

Not picking on you egg, I just have not gone through the whole thread and wanted to address this idea of "they" as simple as possible because it can get complicated. apologies if it has been covered already, as I have said I have not been through the whole thread.

I think the "they" that "conspiracy theorists" tend to refer to are the unelected global representative think tank groups e.g. World Economic Forum, Council on Foreign Relations, Chatham House, Rockefellers etc. that are partly funded and coordinated by the Bank for International Settlements/Central Banks and are the organisations that create certain policies to further an agenda.

This then trickles down to the Distributers of certain policies by these Nongovernmental organisations e.g. UN, International Monetary Fund, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, World Health Organisation, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation etc. which in turn is fed down to National Governments and Scientific authorities to be implemented into said Nation justified on the basis that they are the authority.

Now as to why lockdown? To save Grandma? to crash the world economy? Maybe the implementation of a new global economy using novel technology? "The pandemic represents a rare but narrow window of opportunity to reflect, reimagine, and reset our world" - Klaus Shwaub (https://www.weforum.org/focus/the-great-reset)..  The reason "conspiracy theorists" talk about the Great reset and Fourth Industrial Revolution is because it comes from the horses mouth, there's no conjecture. The only conjecture comes when you argue about what that looks like... urm... https://web.archive.org/web/20220818143555/https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/8-predictions-for-the-world-in-2030/  and https://www.facebook.com/worldeconomicforum/videos/10154159674886479/ "you'll own nothing and be happy" well.. who will own all the stuff? it's resource control. These powers don't particularly care about what the currency is or what the economy is doing, as they own/will own the resources.

And now with the talk, and soon to be, implementation of CBDC's (Central Bank Digital Currencies) https://www.weforum.org/impact/helping-central-banks-explore-and-innovate-with-blockchain/ (written in 2019) https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/the-digital-pound (Bank Of England) which before the Pandemic, no one would have accepted as there would be no reason to and add that with CBDC's, it will be a lot easier to turn off your buying power etc. if you don'y comply with the rules of the day. Drove up to Leeds to see Southampton play at the weekend? you went over your carbon allowance for the week. You should have taken the Train or Coach to help reduce your carbon footprint. No heating for you this week. It's hypothetical but I think it's possible based on "their" statements of intent. To me, it's quite clear that these "think tanks" have more of a grip than we understand.

And why the lockstep? why do all these think tanks and organisations seem to sing from the same hymn sheet? Something called Technocracy, a social movement applied using the scientific method as a way of solving societal problems and was implemented in the fertile ground of China in the 70's by Zbigniew Brzezinski (he wrote a book on it https://www.amazon.com/Between-Two-Ages-Americas-Technetronic/dp/0313234981) with Rockefeller money and exists there today (https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,165453,00.html an older article but still relevant).

Technocracy bypasses government with the use of "experts" (who decides the experts?) within a given field (E.g. the WHO treaty https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9550/) that will decide what actions will be taken in particular circumstances. It is being used as a model today, especially now that technology and data collection has caught up with the theory and is now under the guise of Sustainable Development as a blanket economic system in the west (https://www.undp.org/sustainable-development-goals). The goals in of themselves seem positive on the surface but the problems come in the attainment of the goals.

I tried to keep this as concise as possible as its complicated but this is all out in the open. The agenda is not a secret. Then again It's hard to keep secrets in the age of information but it can be quite difficult to find and put some pieces together. I encourage you guys to just look around you and try to cast your mind back to pre-pandemic and what has changed already also with this post in mind; Cashless shops and restaurants, smart meters, 5g towers, closed down small businesses, cost of living crisis etc. We all suffered to varying degrees during the pandemic and post pandemic but whether you believe the actions taken were right or wrong, the reasons for it, in my humble opinion, are more nefarious than we were led to believe.

Massive logic gap. Crashing your car is a good opportunity to buy a new car. Doesn't mean the car crash was deliberately designed to force you to buy a new one.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DNB said:

I'm not nibbling at that bollox pal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, DNB said:

On behalf of this forum I’d just like to say, that was a cracking goal against Blackburn mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, DNB said:

Are you against mobile phones and televisions? Technology develops - it is how it works

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are you against mobile phones and televisions? Technology develops - it is how it works

not against technology in of itself, that would be silly. it's the developers and the curators of the technology and information that I'm weary of.

32 minutes ago, DNB said:

What a lovely welcome, thank you very much.

You are quite welcome to the forum, but you have just had a taste of how it operates and how people feel. Certain styles of post and opinion will elicit specific forms of response.

By your own admission you didn't read much of this thread - perhaps if you had you would not be so surprised by the reception of your maiden speech.

10 hours ago, DNB said:

What a lovely welcome, thank you very much.

Trust me, you are wasting your time with that stuff here mate. This forum is an echo chamber of people far left and totally brainwashed to believe everything on TV (unless it does not fit in with their personal beliefs, you will see a lot of double standards on that). I used to try and show people things like this to try and at least crack the door open for them, but I gave up ages back as they just refuse to believe it is even possible. Totally closed minds to any possibility other than what they are told by the TV and government they hate.

• Haha 1