Coronavirus

whelk

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

That’s fair enough, some people worry more than others. Me? I’ve had a couple days off sick in past 20 years. So based on evidence not really worried of catching the flu.

String genes, my kids were/are never off school either.  Also given social contact is much reduced I’d rather spend my £12 saving up for an Xbox 

me neither, hardly ever take a day off sick, but i'd rather not take the risk, had proper flu, not a heavy cold some people pretend is flu about 15 years ago and it knocks you out for a fortnight, i'd rather not have it again if there is a way i can avoid it.

9 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

One of the biggest challenges is keeping the service going over the weekend (no one wants to work weekends), because its not guaranteed that the delivery will cone first thing on a Monday. That would be too neat.

So one of the biggest challenges in rolling out this game changing virus, which will save lives & rescue the economy, is people working in public health don’t want to work weekends? Just about sums it up, the sooner we update our antiquated health service the better. 

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

that's why i'm a strong alpha male pal, look after myself, if a flu jab is available then it's silly not to take advantage for the sake of £12 or whatever it is, given catching (proper) flu will screw you for a couple of weeks. While many of you were crying into your cornflakes this morning running through all the permutations of what could go wrong with the vaccine roll out by those nasty tories i've got on with my life i've smashed a crossfit work out, taken my son to school, held our weekly EMEA forecast call (those printer cartridges arent going to sell themselves) and still found time to post on here.

You can’t beat a bit of early morning WOD

9 hours ago, Barry the Badger said:

When I got my flu jab this year I was quite impressed. They did it on a Saturday, you booked in for a time, walked up to the door and somebody checked you were on the list, then ushered into the next available room, walked in, nurse administered jab, then ushered out. I would be surprised if I was in the building for 60 seconds. 

They must’ve done hundreds of people in that day.

They did mine in the car park.

20 hours ago, buctootim said:

As I said thick and dull .

Dry ice gasifies at temperatures warmer than -78c, hence why it will need to be kept at -80c or below.

You better get on to Pfizer and tell them quickly, those pesky scientists over there seem convinced about -70c - wow, they must be super thick and dull those guys :mcinnes:

https://www.pfizer.co.uk/mhra-grants-temporary-authorisation-for-Pfizer-BioNTech-COVID-19-mRNA-vaccine

To assure product quality, the companies have developed specially designed, temperature-controlled shippers for the BNT162b2 vaccine candidate, which can maintain recommended storage conditions (-70°C ±10°C) for extended periods of time without any additional equipment but dry ice. 

20 hours ago, Turkish said:

you said it with your fag packet maths when calling Weston think and dull- look up the thread I’m sure you can find it

so because We don’t agree with you I’m trump, Weston is a pub floor cleaner and lighthouse is ignorant. Okay got it, now you’ll probably pretend you never said any of that either

Don't worry about it, coming from Timmy I take that as a compliment.  There were a number of occasions during my 18 years as a General Manager of various pubs and restaurants that I helped out my staff with the 'menial' cleaning tasks.

That's the thing about the private sector, managers are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to get the job done, unlike the yoghurt knitters in the public sector who are more than happy to sit back and claim it's not their job....

15 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You better get on to Pfizer and tell them quickly, those pesky scientists over there seem convinced about -70c - wow, they must be super thick and dull those guys :mcinnes:

https://www.pfizer.co.uk/mhra-grants-temporary-authorisation-for-Pfizer-BioNTech-COVID-19-mRNA-vaccine

Every time I think you've hit rock bottom you show a new level of dimness. Slowly especially for you. The vaccine needs to be kept at or below -70c. The method of cooling in the packaging is dry ice, which gasifies at -78c. Therefore in order for the packaging to do its job it needs to be transported at -80c or below. 

18 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Don't worry about it, coming from Timmy I take that as a compliment.  There were a number of occasions during my 18 years as a General Manager of various pubs and restaurants that I helped out my staff with the 'menial' cleaning tasks.

That's the thing about the private sector, managers are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to get the job done, unlike the yoghurt knitters in the public sector who are more than happy to sit back and claim it's not their job....

I imagine your staff had go show you which way round to hold the broom. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Every time I think you've hit rock bottom you show a new level of dimness. Slowly especially for you. The vaccine needs to be kept at or below -70c. The method of cooling in the packaging is dry ice, which gasifies at -78c. Therefore in order for the packaging to do its job it needs to be transported at -80c or below. 

Not necessarily. As the dry ice turns to gas it cools the remaining mass. You can transport the package at a higher temperature and provided there is still some dry ice left at the destination you should be ok. Once the ice has gone there is nothing left to absorb the heat that enters the packaging.

33 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Remember to tell that one to the nurses that will be treating you one day. They will probably be in awe of your successful career mind

13 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Not necessarily. As the dry ice turns to gas it cools the remaining mass. You can transport the package at a higher temperature and provided there is still some dry ice left at the destination you should be ok. Once the ice has gone there is nothing left to absorb the heat that enters the packaging.

The dry ice isnt the primary coolant. It is in the individual vaccine packs for short journeys like being unloaded from the delivery truck and moved into the hospital. Its not for a hours long journey from say Belgium to Scotland or NI so if it isnt kept below -78c the vaccine will be uncooled by the time it is delivered. 

Edited by buctootim

42 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

That's a very sweeping statement. I've known many managers in the private sector who didn't want to do their own jobs let alone anyone else's.

Back in the summer I had to go to A&E at Southampton General with a nasty head injury. After an X-ray and 35 stitches I was given a prescription for a couple of items from the hospital pharmacy. By now it was quite late and the pharmacy had closed. I mentioned this to a passing nurse who disappeared and came back with the pharmacist who was about to go home. He opened up the pharmacy and got me items on my prescription. He didn't have to do it but he went out of his way to help me out.

44 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I'm assuming you didn't bother to read the link I posted for you.

Let me put a few quotes here to show how wrong you are, once more - feel free to take any of your objections up with the Pfizer scientists as all the info is from the link to their publication.

The vaccine comes in it's own, specially designed shipping container to keep it nice and cold :

To assure product quality, the companies have developed specially designed, temperature-controlled shippers for the BNT162b2 vaccine candidate, which can maintain recommended storage conditions (-70°C ±10°C) for extended periods of time without any additional equipment but dry ice. 

Once it's been shipped it will maintain the recommended storage temperature (as above) for 10 days without anyone even touching it - so much for the -80c you claim it needs :

The shipper can maintain temperature for 10 days unopened which allows for transportation to markets globally. 

Once the shipment has been opened, it needs to have dry ice added every five days to maintain the correct storage temperate for up to 30 days

Once open, a vaccination centre may use the specially designed shippers as a temporary storage solution to maintain the recommended storage conditions (-70°C ±10°C) up to 30 days with re-icing every five days in accordance with the handling instructions.

There is no mention on their website of -80c, this just seems to be a figure you've made up - feel free to read it slowly if it helps you.

18 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

That's a very sweeping statement. I've known many managers in the private sector who didn't want to do their own jobs let alone anyone else's.

Back in the summer I had to go to A&E at Southampton General with a nasty head injury. After an X-ray and 35 stitches I was given a prescription for a couple of items from the hospital pharmacy. By now it was quite late and the pharmacy had closed. I mentioned this to a passing nurse who disappeared and came back with the pharmacist who was about to go home. He opened up the pharmacy and got me items on my prescription. He didn't have to do it but he went out of his way to help me out.

Fair play, there is always an exception that proves every rule.

34 minutes ago, buctootim said:

The dry ice isnt the primary coolant. It is in the individual vaccine packs for short journeys like being unloaded from the delivery truck and moved into the hospital. Its not for a hours long journey from say Belgium to Scotland or NI so if it isnt kept below -78c the vaccine will be uncooled by the time it is delivered. 

What a load of bollocks - see post above with quotes and links to the Pfizer document that disproves all of this statement.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Perhaps Buctootim is right, and you really are as dim as you sometimes appear. That statement is incorrect and insulting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

He's proven over and over again that that is not true ;) 

Yet again you are incorrect - on the matter of your being as dim as you sometimes appear, unless you are willing to retract your arrogant slur on Public Sector managers.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Yet again you are incorrect - on the matter of your being as dim as you sometimes appear, unless you are willing to retract your arrogant slur on Public Sector managers.

It's not an arrogant slur but an observation of those that I have seen and the work they have contributed.  I've also listened to numerous complaints from those not working in managerial roles regarding the same thing, especially from external contractors.

It's called an opinion; people are allowed to have them based on their observations and learnings - just like you can have your opinion that I am dim, it really isn't something I'll lose sleep over.

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

The outside of the packaging can be above -78. The dry ice will be at -78 or below. I’m sure that the manufacturers will have checked the conditions for transport.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

It's not an arrogant slur but an observation of those that I have seen and the work they have contributed.  I've also listened to numerous complaints from those not working in managerial roles regarding the same thing, especially from external contractors.

It's called an opinion; people are allowed to have them based on their observations and learnings - just like you can have your opinion that I am dim, it really isn't something I'll lose sleep over.

So you could have said 'some', but no, you came out the standard bland right w(h)inger stereotypical assertion, to contrast with your opening phrase "That's the thing about the private sector, managers are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to get the job done", which might easily, ( and more accurtaely ), have also included 'some', but that wouldn't suit your pathetic agenda bias.

Edited by badgerx16

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So you could have said 'some', but no, you came out the standard bland right w(h)inger stereotypical assertion, to contrast with your opening phrase "That's the thing about the private sector, managers are prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to get the job done", which might easily, ( and more accurtaely ), have also included 'some', but that wouldn't suit your pathetic agenda bias.

I never mentioned a quantity.

Only an idiot would assume I meant "all".

13 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

So why respond to ECUK's calling out of your "sweeping statement" with "Fair play, there is always an exception that proves every rule." ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Calling public sector workers "yoghurt knitters" denotes a somewhat immature attitude.

It's quite possible to put forward a cogent argument without resorting to childish insults. It just weakens your case.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So one of the biggest challenges in rolling out this game changing virus, which will save lives & rescue the economy, is people working in public health don’t want to work weekends? Just about sums it up, the sooner we update our antiquated health service the better. 

No I said it was a challenge to the service we are running at my hospital, not the whole roll out. But not unlike you to misunderstand to fit your own prejudice.

A batch that can be kept more easily or that comes in smaller sizes, possesses less of a challenge than one that has nearly a 1000 shots and can only last 5 days.

Edited by Fan The Flames

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I am very much on the fence about taking a vaccine when they do become widely available here in the States. How does everyone else feel about a vaccine? Would you take one? Or no?

We would. We are 71 years old and at the moment our lives are on hold. 

I am also firmly convinced that you should get a vaccination certificate in some form to prevent any reluctance from hospitality and travel providers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ecuk268 said:

Calling public sector workers "yoghurt knitters" denotes a somewhat immature attitude.

It's quite possible to put forward a cogent argument without resorting to childish insults. It just weakens your case.

Agreed, look how well Timmy did it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I just hope the vaccine administration is handled by a private company or the services  round here. Our Doctors surgery couldn’t run a bath, complete shambles since March. The Marines are on our doorstep, maybe they could step in

Shouldn’t they swim in? Or at least come by assault hovercraft, kayak, abseiling from a helicopter...

I just hope the vaccine administration  is handled  by the NHS and not by a private company. I tried to get a covid test a few weeks ago and the shambles of the hideously over manned Serco service was staggering. On the other hand  the flu jab given by my doctor's  surgery a couple of weeks later was administered  and applied incredibly  efficiently. 

Boris and co may want to give their chums another leg up but haven't  they already made enough money out of the pandemic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I just hope the vaccine administration is handled by a private company or the services  round here. Our Doctors surgery couldn’t run a bath, complete shambles since March. The Marines are on our doorstep, maybe they could step in. 

Technically GPs are private contractors to the NHS.

Well here’s an unedited story of my experience. Quick note; I actually got Bell’s palsy a week after writing it 😂

————

Covid-19: The journey to hell and back (including tips on recovery that worked for me!)

Hi all,

I’ve been a casual observer of the forum for a while now but feel now is the right time I feel to detail my journey and how I dealt with this insidious disease.

First, it’s probably right I provide a bit about me and some backstory; I’m a 37 year old male from the UK with no pre-existing medical conditions. I am a smoker and I my symptoms began on 11th March.

At first it was nothing serious; a scratchy throat, nausea, nasal congestion and a strange headache; the only way I could describe the headache is that it wasn’t conventional - it felt as if music beats would reverberate right through me and I had a mild brain fog.

It wasn’t serious enough to bin off work so I continued and what with the symptoms I was feeling not on the official list of covid-19 symptoms, I wasn’t thinking or considering it could be this illness.

Approximately 1 week later on March 18th at 2.30 it felt as if someone had put a sack of rocks on my back. A really heavy feeling, like nothing I felt before. I went and done some stretches or see if I’d pulled anything but alas I hadn’t - so I continued on and went home, deciding to go to bed when I arrived to ‘sleep it off’.

I felt tired but nothing would prepare me for shitstorm that hit me when I awoke that evening. By 8.30pm, I was convulsing with uncontrollable, unregulated shaking, chills and fever. I felt a tiredness and exhaustion I had never, ever considered possible and all my body and joints ached. My skin felt as if it was on fire. There was no way I was sleeping with whatever this was.

For the next 2 days, it remained much the same but with unreal brain fog. I was putting yoghurt in the cabinets and spoons into the fridge. I knew I needed to eat and hydrate and just about managed some dry toast and soup. I couldn’t focus or barely get out of bed.

By day 3, the above dissipated to be replaced by extreme nausea and diarrhoea. The brain fog remained as did the dehydration and exhaustion... and then, for an hour, it went. I felt on the mend... then it returned, twice as nasty.

Day 4 was much the same but by day 5 and 6, I felt as if there was an upturn. For a bit, I felt better. Then, at 10.30 in the evening, a second round of fever and chills - this time, far more violent than the first round.

Despite this taking a lot out of me, I couldn’t sleep. I spent most of the time shaking and convulsing in bed, hoping I’d be ok but knowing I wasn’t going to be.

And then, right on cue, day 7 - shortness of breath. It began slightly, a few gasps here and there. I medicated it through some breathing exercises I know from the past due to panic attacks. I was still relatively calm, so knew that the shortness of breath could attributed to any anxiety or panic attacks.

By day 8, I spent most of my day walking around my house, doubling over trying to suck air up into my lungs. It was getting worse and worse and, living on my own, I knew I had to seek medical advice. I called NHS 111. The operator told me there was ‘nothing he could do’ and to ‘ride out and keep taking paracetamol’. I implored desperately that I couldn’t breathe and he said only call back unless ‘your lips go blue or you can’t talk’. I thanked him for his time to which he said ‘no problem pal - good luck!’

Good luck? That comment didn’t make me feel much better about my situation at all. With that, I got off the sofa and spent the rest of the evening, like I did the last one, gulping and gasping for air in all sorts of contorted body positions. My diaphragm ached, my lungs hurt, my body was completely exhausted fighting. It felt like a belt around my upper midriff that was being tightened, one notch at a time.

My mother called and asked how I was. I was irritable towards her and gave nothing away about my condition. I told her I was fine and at the same time, angry she didn’t seem too concerned. That was my fault though - I outright bluffed to her I was on the mend... as I really didn’t want her to worry.

After 3 hours I slumped over and literally conceded defeat. Strangely, a weird calm came over me. I didn’t want to die but, if I do, I do. I drifted off to sleep despite the laboured, gasping breathing. At least the neighbours won’t be disturbed by seeing me carted off by people in hazmat suits.

Thankfully, the next day did arrive for me. I got up, delighted to be alive but still struggling with my breathing. The slightest exertions would set the gasping and gulping off, so I went slowly, everywhere. The body still ached and the burning sensations on my skin remained, but I was feeling a bit better.

Fast forward to day 15 and whilst I was still suffering from exhaustion and the ever constant nasal congestion, I decided to step outside for the first time in over two weeks. Glorious sunshine but an eerie calm. The world had changed forever.

By day 21, as my breathing was still a problem I managed to secure an appointment with a doctor. Before meeting, the triage nurse asked me ‘why I hadn’t gone to hospital’ - almost as if she was angry that I hadn’t. I could only afford her a meek ‘because I was told to stay at home’. She was evidently disgusted.

The doctor sat with me for 45 minutes, in full face shield and hazmat suit furiously note-taking on my experiences as I recalled them. He emphasised that they were still learning about covid-19 and it was important to collect as much data as possible; I was only too happy to help and to be honest, it was so nice to have someone to speak with, let alone a medical professional.

He checked me over whilst there; blood oxygen, lungs, the absolute works. He advised me to stay off work until my breathlessness abated and take things easy. He also enquired as to whether I’d had ‘the fatigue’.

I looked at him quizzically and remarked that yes, I’d had the fatigue whilst I was ill. I still felt weak but didn’t feel too bad, just concerned about the breathing. Looking back on his question now, I now know what ‘the fatigue’ meant.

3 days or so later, I felt 90% fine. The breathing issues vanished almost overnight and I was eating and sleeping as normal. I’d go for little walks when the air cooled. My mind was starting to acclimatise to the ‘new normal’. I’d vanished off the face of the earth for about a month but I could now stomach a short video call to friends again. Everything was on the turn...

...little did I know, it would actually be a turn for the worse.

(2nd part coming up - the relapse)

Part 2, the relapse

They say life is full of surprises, well, this was but it shouldn’t have been. After 2 days of feeling completely, utterly normal I awoke with a headache. We’re about a month in now and it was only a tiny pain so I shrugged it off and carried on about my day.

It didn’t shift but I considered my body had been through quite a battle and it was just one of those things. I went to bed and drifted off...

... and was awoken by a feeling like my skin was crawling, fizzing, burning. I sat up in bed - my head was all over the place. It was foggy, messed up. I held out my left arm and it ached. I stood up, my body was in pieces. The aching, burning, tiredness was another level.

For four more days, I lay in bed, only to get up when I needed to drink, go to the toilet or eat. When I did get up, I stumbled around aimlessly, bouncing off the walls and on one occasion, crawling to the fridge. I was done. Cooked. For my friends, I disappeared off the earth again.

I was literally in survival mode. I kept taking paracetamol. I kept drinking water. I slept, a lot. It wasn’t restful sleep despite my exhaustion - it was fitful. An hour here or there. Strange nonsensical dreams. 

I couldn’t focus on anything. Normally, when you’re ill, you could stick on a movie or a box set. I couldn’t handle it. My mind was frazzled, destroyed. My body was overrun, exhausted. All I could do was lay there, helpless. Every phone call I had I reassured family and friends I was getting better but I knew different. I was entering round 2... and my gastrointestinal issues resurfaced with a vengeance.

A couple of days later I managed to drag myself out of bed and fire up my computer. I made a spreadsheet of symptoms; fatigue, aches, diarrhoea etc. I rated the severity from 10 (worst) to 1 (minimal). This would at the very least help me identify and chart my progress. I filled it in religiously. By day 10, I’d gone from 74 to 24 points (with a small relapse of 43 in between constant improvement).

A new, more prevalent danger emerged however - my mental health. I was googling everything, I was taking my temperature all the time and I began to worry that I would never get better. I would envisage living with this crippling illness or the remnants of it for the rest of my life; fibromyalgia, restless legs, CFS. All these things do often appear to be something that can introduce themselves after a viral infection.

Still, steady now, I was getting better. Another week passes - I’m at around 6 weeks or so and things began to get a bit better. Every day, a glimmer of hope. Every day, a more fulfilling sleep.

I get the all-clear to return to work. I work 3 days and despite the extreme tiredness at the end of it, I feel like I’ve got purpose again.

Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, another extreme fatigue crash. Round 3. Please, not again...

(Part 3 coming up shortly) ...

Part 3 - Recovery

Just when you think you’ve beaten it, you get knocked off your feet again.

I didn’t sleep a wink. I went to work irrespective. Walking around with a thermometer sticking out of your mouth isn’t the coolest look, and it did nothing but alarm my employees.

Despite being told I looked well and healthy, my body ached and skin burned. I hadn’t had a temperature in over a month, yet now, once again, felt rotten.

How many times do I have to keep fighting this off?

The brain fog was back. I obsessed over the illness. Googling, asking work colleagues. Whilst my body was failing again, my mind was now taking an almighty battering too.

I tortured myself with my thoughts. I wished I could be anyone but me. I swore profusely at those flaunting lockdown whilst I suffered what seemed a never ending illness.

I saw another doctor. They sympathised and aligned my condition and symptoms with what they were seeing in other patients. I wasn’t alone.

Then they delivered the good news; “Well, you’re not going to die - you would have done so by now”.

Slightly reassuring, however bluntly it was delivered.

They said I should take time off work. I had already had 6 weeks and it be honest, being back to work helped create some structure and point to my life. I settled on reduced hours for 2 weeks. The diagnosis ‘post covid-19 fatigue’.

And there it was - fatigue.

Exhausted, I turned to a wiser, elder gentleman about my ailments. He advised me my immune system was shot to pieces. I needed nutrients, rest and a positive mindset. He empathised this was difficult but insisted. I thought ‘what the hell I’ll give this a try’

That was nearly a month ago.

I am, for all intents and purposes, me again. How? I will list the actions I took in the hope I can help someone on here. If my learnings and experiences can help improve the life of just one person suffering from this illness, I will be happy. Hopefully, it’ll help a lot more than one. Hopefully it’ll help all of you. Here goes...

(Part 4 coming up)...

Part 4

The basics;

Your body is exhausted, your mind is exhausted. It’s taken an almighty battering and you need to refuel it. Don’t skip meals and get good rest, whether that’s sleep or just lounging around. Listen to your body! Don’t fight the tiredness, roll with it. Respond to it’s signals.

For food, make sure you’re getting the vitamins you need. Chicken and vegetables was my main meal for about 2 weeks, and believe me, I hate vegetables but I hated covid-19 more.

Eat regularly and often. If your body tells you to eat, fuel it. Make the meals simple so you don’t tax yourself too much making it.

Don’t skip breakfast. Ever again.

Here’s what was my daily routine at the start. I’ve since adapted it and am now more creative as I’ve got my strength back, but hopefully this will help.

For breakfast, porridge and an apple and banana smoothie.Hot lemon and honey water, and a bottle of cold water with one berocca (multivitamin). That’s everything before I shower, let alone go to work.

Nuts and fruit during the day. Maybe boiled eggs every now and then.

At lunch, a bowl of pasta. Mix it up with other sauces, add extras like chicken or bacon if you want to - for me, I had plain pasta and a drizzle of olive oil until I got my appetite back.

For dinner, veggies and chicken. A bloody big plate of it. If I snacked, it was veggie crisps, nuts or a fruit again.

Reset your sleep. Look up circadian sleeping patterns and how it affects the quality of sleep. It’s hard at first, but persist and keep trying.

Most importantly of all - keep hydrating during the day. Water, water, water.

Ditch coffee, or only have it sparingly in the morning. Switch to the hot lemon and honey tea, it still amazes me the difference I feel drinking that. I have at least 2-3 cups a day now. If you have a lot of it, or have fresh lemon water, use a straw - it’ll destroy your teeth otherwise.

Chamomile tea at bed. Helps with sleep. Peppermint tea if your stomach is playing up (I didn’t have a normal stool for 7 weeks...). Persist, persist, persist ... as easy as it is for me to say right now and as hard as it is for you, don’t give up. Sometimes, lucozade during the day. Especially helpful during early illness to replace electrolytes.

Once a week, I have an iron tablet. Best check with your doctor before doing so as I’m not a virologist or medical professional, but I’ve noticed an upsurge in feeling better in terms of my skin isn’t feeling like it’s burning anymore and I can go up the stairs without that ‘burn’, if you know what i mean.

Repeat and rinse. Don’t miss breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hydrate constantly. When you’re choosing what to eat, consider that your body has been ravaged by this disease and needs rebuilding; hell, I didn’t like 70% of the food I ate but I couldn’t stand feeling like death every day. Help your body overcome it and it will.

Get limited exercise and fresh air where possible but don’t stress your body - it’ll send you back days if you do.

If anyone needs any further help or advice, ask me, send me a message, whatever. I’ll help anyone and support everyone I can, daily business at work notwithstanding. You can do it, I promise and I will bloody well help you there myself if I can.

I’m still learning myself - I’m only a week and a bit symptom free in all honestly but every day I done this, I got better physically. And with that, seeing an improvement in my physical health, that lifted my mental health. The mind and body are amazing things, but mine is no more extraordinary than yours.

You can do it!!!!

Stay safe people and apologies for the long story, I’m sure I’ve missed bits out but I wanted you all to know that I know where you’re at and I know what you’re feeling. Love to all of you.

x Ben x

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Like 1

Looks like it's my turn and with that, that's my whole team who had to either isolate or have tested positive since September, 2 of whom are still off after a month/6 weeks and who were both hospitalised. 

Still, secondary schools and tertiary are perfectly safe, especially in the hot spots, and there's absolutely no need for older teenagers to be wearing masks. Nope, none at all.

image.thumb.png.da0e2fb9750bdb368c6d615fb0141e8b.png

image.png

Edited by View From The Top

Jeez Crab Lungs, sounds like you've been through the wringer, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Well done on documenting it, first hand accounts that were actually documented at the time will be far and few between, that information is invaluable.

Just a thought here, the first lot of vaccines are being given to the 80+ very old and frail, the first ever person to get it is 91 next week. As there are going to be loads of these in this age group it stands to reason that one or two of them might die either between doses or shortly after. When this inevitably happens will there be uproar that THE VACCINE IS KILLING PEOPLE. I’m sure there will be.

On 05/12/2020 at 10:46, Pickles said:

I am very much on the fence about taking a vaccine when they do become widely available here in the States. How does everyone else feel about a vaccine? Would you take one? Or no?

Yes, of course. Why would you not?

32 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just a thought here, the first lot of vaccines are being given to the 80+ very old and frail, the first ever person to get it is 91 next week. As there are going to be loads of these in this age group it stands to reason that one or two of them might die either between doses or shortly after. When this inevitably happens will there be uproar that THE VACCINE IS KILLING PEOPLE. I’m sure there will be.

Good job our public discourse is measured, intelligent and thorough.

Oh.

• Like 2

From a PR point of view I would imagine the first recipient had to pass a full fitness test and political interview before being 'randomly selected'....

The last thing Boris needs is her popping her clogs anytime soon or slagging off the vaccine/government response.

Nice to hear the vulnerable list being rushed through should be sorted within five months and the rest of the population sometime in the next year or two.

This could take longer than Brexit.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Coronavirus