Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

Lighthouse

1 minute ago, madge said:

Absolutely  disgusting performance once again... this is a Leeds team that concede goals for fun and we’re toothless. I can’t see us getting anything from our next few games and we are going to be getting pulled right into a mess. 
allowing fullbacks to leave on loan is looking like a proper heads gone decision.. no idea where we go now!!!! 

Whilst I don’t want to defend the current garbage and lack of second half work rate, you are talking about a RB that can’t get into a Birmingham side on an identical run in the division below and a left back dropped two divisions below. The lack of depth has something to do with an owner who couldn’t afford to run Havant and Waterlooville FC let alone an established PL club.

1 minute ago, Chapel End said:

Poor Ralf, no backing from club, no spines in the team, no quality anywhere...Relegation next season is odds on

Poor Ralph? These players are better than two 9-0s and one point in eight games!

• Like 3

We're an absolute shit show. Can't score, can't defend. Keeper is shit, mids are weak, our passing is fucking embarrassing. I'm an old bald twat and I can still make a better through ball than these useless cunts. Lost count of the time one of our mids has the ball, uncontested, and then either passes it straight to the oppo or plays the ball behind an attacker. It's not that hard, even I can do it and I'm pushing 50!

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 2

Very predictable. Not taking chances in first half

Then Leeds make a proactive change at half time, ralph waits and leaves our best striker sitting on the bench.

They score and then wheels fall off

Big problem with Romeu out. Hopefully Jankewitz comes in and shows promise. Armstrong cannot play cm in our 2 man midfield

4 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

What, too much investment, plenty of quality competition and cover for all positions? Yeah sack Ralph. He had us punching way above our weight and couldn’t sustain it

You are clueless mate.... 

The players are not as bad as Ralph has got them playing. Ralph is also responsible in part for motivating and clearly they are not motivated by Ralph at all and don’t start me on two 9.0s - no manager should get away with that ...

• Like 1

Don't know why the players even bother coming out for the second half. One goal in the second half in 13 games and goodness knows how many conceded shows just how pathetic this team is. Genuine relegation form and little hope on the horizon. Just have to hope for Fulham to be more useless than us as these guys are not going to do the business.

That was incredibly disappointing. We had more than enough of the game to lead at half time, but what is more disappointing is how easily we gave up the game once we were losing.

Surely we need to go back to the approach we took against Chelsea? Let the opposition have a bit more of the ball and play a counter attacking game.

It's easy to get bogged down in the relentless "bad luck" we've had with decisions, but we were masters of our own downfall today.

What on earth is wrong with Ings - looks like hes going through the motions?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Leeds 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic