Things That are Racist

Turkish

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Surely the Police is one area where we need to ensure that the people in the job are those best suited to the tasks in hand, rather than a statistical balancing act ?

It's important that the police force reflects the society it polices.  I'd go further and say the whole judicial system needs to be this way.  It's for this reason we don't have all-white jurys convicting minorities anymore.    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, saint francis said:

It's important that the police force reflects the society it polices.  I'd go further and say the whole judicial system needs to be this way.  It's for this reason we don't have all-white jurys convicting minorities anymore.    

This is probably why the police service is going down the toilet

• Haha 1

I agree the police are largely useless these days but I don't think that's down to diversity quotas.  They just don't want to police anymore.  No proactive policing, little to no patrolling.  Allowing theft and petty crime to be commonplace and to go unpunished.  Not helped by the fact that judges don't want to incarcerate because the prisons are full and when they DO bang them up there's little or no attempt at rehabilitation or controlling drug use.  But that's another debate. 

2 hours ago, Picard said:

Which jobs do you suggest don't need people best suited to the tasks in hand?

All of them should be done by suitable people, the post I was responding to implied otherwise.

Edited by badgerx16
reverse logic
  • Haha 1

On 14/08/2024 at 18:55, Turkish said:

English man Irish man and Scottish man walk into a pub

its clearly a far right gathering so they are all arrested for spreading racism

An Englishman, Irishman and a Scotsman attempt to burn down a hotel, they attack the police and steal everything they can from a local shop as a statement of free speech, it's just their way of voicing genuine concerns about sovereignty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Racism still an issue within the police.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crger07nx4lo.amp

Meanwhile black people are still 4 times more likely to be stopped and searched than white people.

Two tier policing?

Also racism within the NHS still an issue.

https://www.nhsconfed.org/articles/nhs-needs-confront-serious-problem-racism-within-service

Edited by sadoldgit
Added text
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Racism still an issue within the police.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crger07nx4lo.amp

Meanwhile black people are still 4 times more likely to be stopped and searched than white people.

Two tier policing?

Also racism within the NHS still an issue.

https://www.nhsconfed.org/articles/nhs-needs-confront-serious-problem-racism-within-service

Are you saying the £77k a year jobs in diversity wasn't money well spent?

NHS hires diversity managers on £77,000 a year despite ‘war on wokery’ (telegraph.co.uk)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What about Brown people, are they 2 times more likely? 

Slightly less.

Black: 24.5 stop and searches per 1,000 people 

White: 5.9 stop and searches per 1,000 people 

Mixed ethnicity: 9.9 stop and searches per 1,000 people 

Asian: 8.5 stop and searches per 1,000 people 

2 minutes ago, pingpong said:

Shows its not enough, so in that sense yes, I think the 77k job is fine but they need to employ more at lower level, 30-40k roles to implement the strategy.

it's certainly the gravy train to be on at the moment.

17 minutes ago, pingpong said:

Shows its not enough, so in that sense yes, I think the 77k job is fine but they need to employ more at lower level, 30-40k roles to implement the strategy.

I think they need a few at a 100k level to oversee the job of the 77k one to ensure that it's working correctly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The ramblings of a mad man tbf. 

I quite like his attitude. Call me what you want I don’t give a fuck, you’ve never done what I’ve done. He’s right we all say how shit he was but he’s a million times better player than we all were and now he’s a millionaire. He seems like a bit of prick but good on him 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I quite like his attitude. Call me what you want I don’t give a fuck, you’ve never done what I’ve done. He’s right we all say how shit he was but he’s a million times better player than we all were and now he’s a millionaire. He seems like a bit of prick but good on him 

That part I definitely agree with him. 100%. I’m probably a rare Saints fan who thinks he was good for us and the stick he took was massively unjustified for the player he was, for us, for other clubs, and for England.

Other parts, he’s a fucking loon.

Yeah, that was a mixed bag, I get the 'fuck you, I played for England', he's right on that, less attractive is the ringing around boasting 'look at all the white people I get to work for me'...

And he doesn't seem to have grasped that Ron wasn't racist (in front of him, but he clearly was when not in the company of black people.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

I thought he was spot on. Absolutely right. 

14 hours ago, The Kraken said:

That part I definitely agree with him. 100%. I’m probably a rare Saints fan who thinks he was good for us and the stick he took was massively unjustified for the player he was, for us, for other clubs, and for England.

Other parts, he’s a fucking loon.

I definitely wasn't keen on him signing. But that turned out to be based on highlights and the bandwagon of criticism around him. I thought he was fine for us. Considering the abuse he got from fans, it's perfectly understandable why he could care less about their opinions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

So if you cannot use the common English names and cannot use the Latin taxonomical ones, what do you call them and put on the labels ? 'Tree', 'Anither tree', 'shrub',.....

Why do we have to call them anything? Isn’t it up to them how they identify?

7 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

That article has actually been fairly kind to her, she seems like a piece of work given some of the other comments that have been attributed to her at the trial.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/lucy-connolly-sentence-tory-councillor-husband-twitter-post-b2630930.html

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

You of anyone should know better than believing the mainstream media, Nic. What are you doing reading the Independent? I thought us sheeple needed to open our eyes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She's a real wrong un if those comments are accurate. Keeping working "on the sly" in a role which is regulated by the DBS and "I'll play the mental health card;" after she's been bailed says it all. Doesn't actually show a lot of remorse. Sad they lost a child but doesn't give her carte blanche to say what she liked on social media. Whatever you believe you have to think there's a filter there somewhere which says, 'maybe I shouldn't post this?' Loads of false equivalence going on by usual suspects, comparing this with Huw Edwards and the Manchester Airport assaults.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

She's a real wrong un if those comments are accurate. Keeping working "on the sly" in a role which is regulated by the DBS and "I'll play the mental health card;" after she's been bailed says it all. Doesn't actually show a lot of remorse. Sad they lost a child but doesn't give her carte blanche to say what she liked on social media. Whatever you believe you have to think there's a filter there somewhere which says, 'maybe I shouldn't post this?' Loads of false equivalence going on by usual suspects, comparing this with Huw Edwards and the Manchester Airport assaults.

Would any of the people posting false equivalence actually want to leave their kids in her care?

Thought not. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

I think what she did was wrong but I still think a prison sentence of that length for very unpleasant words posted on the Internet is not something I can agree with even if you think it amounted to incitement which I'm not particularly convinced by. I'd genuinely say the same thing if it were just stop oil activists writing that about their ideological opponents. 

Edited by hypochondriac

14 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

If this is true, would you not say he has a point?

This is the latest update from GMP from last week. Looking at the timings it would appear that most who were interviewed and charged following the riots pled guilty before the comprehensive evidence file for the Manchester Airport incident was sent to the CPS. So court appearances were ongoing before the file was sent. However cut and dry the airport incident looked it obviously merited much more detailed investigation. Obviously not as simple as guy whacks two female police officers, police officer stamps on his head so a bit more to unravel legally I would assume. Farage is just trying to make political capital out of it. Yet another example of false equivalence.

“Following an investigation led by the GMP Major Incident Team, a comprehensive file of evidence was sent to the CPS in Mid-August, and we await a charging decision.

“We have avoided providing ongoing commentary on the case, including releasing footage, to ensure that justice can be served without the risk of prejudicing proceedings. We continue to support the officers involved and are committed to getting them justice.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Winnersaint said:

This is the latest update from GMP from last week. Looking at the timings it would appear that most who were interviewed and charged following the riots pled guilty before the comprehensive evidence file for the Manchester Airport incident was sent to the CPS. So court appearances were ongoing before the file was sent. However cut and dry the airport incident looked it obviously merited much more detailed investigation. Obviously not as simple as guy whacks two female police officers, police officer stamps on his head so a bit more to unravel legally I would assume. Farage is just trying to make political capital out of it. Yet another example of false equivalence.

“Following an investigation led by the GMP Major Incident Team, a comprehensive file of evidence was sent to the CPS in Mid-August, and we await a charging decision.

“We have avoided providing ongoing commentary on the case, including releasing footage, to ensure that justice can be served without the risk of prejudicing proceedings. We continue to support the officers involved and are committed to getting them justice.”

So basically, they will come out with some BS about it not being clear and let them off. Two tier system without any doubt at all.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

So basically, they will come out with some BS about it not being clear and let them off. Two tier system without any doubt at all.

You are perfectly entitled to think that way, but I would be inclined to wait until there was some kind of evidence of any BS and so called two tier policing before coming to a judgement. As yet the case is proceeding, presumably guided by the law as it stands. Just because a bunch of people want things to happen more quickly doesn't mean  that the investigative and legal processes should be short circuited to satisfy their demands. There is no equivalence here. Two separate cases entirely, one way more complicated that the other. 

Edited by Winnersaint
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Except Starmer was chief prosecutor during the 2011 London riots and dealt with it in exactly the same way (when the perpetrators were disproportionately black).

As Winnersaint says - the two cases old rubber-face is comparing are completely different.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 3