Things That are Racist

Turkish

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Particularly when they're changing the message to suit the circumstances. Those who said all lives matter were called racist this time last year, now it seems the current narrative is that all lives do indeed matter. 

Unfortunately it does require a modicum of intelligence to understand but you go ahead with your technicalities to pick holes to try and be the smart guy that understands. If you and your black mate were at the game would you both be vehemently booing?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I get it, It seems like the message changed. Or have you forgotten about the Black lives matter logo on sky sports next to the score in every game up until fairly recently, or the black lives matter t-shirts worn by players, or the black lives matter written on the players shirts at games last season. This all started as a black lives matter campaign. Now it seems like now the FA re pleading with people to support it just so they can show they're supporting the players. Yet some people still claim the message hasn't been diluted. 

It simply says "Black Lives Matter". Not really sure why people find that so triggering. Well, we all know the reason

46 minutes ago, whelk said:

Unfortunately it does require a modicum of intelligence to understand but you go ahead with your technicalities to pick holes to try and be the smart guy that understands. If you and your black mate were at the game would you both be vehemently booing?

It was proudly a black lives matter campaign at the start, anyone who said all lives matter was racist. Now it seems to be against all racism, so the message has changed. So what's the technicality you're referring to?

And which black mate? I've got a few. We generally dont tend to talk about how much their lives matter or wear slogans on our attire advertising it. So are we saying all lives do indeed matter now then?

Edited by Turkish

34 minutes ago, supersonic said:

It simply says "Black Lives Matter". Not really sure why people find that so triggering. Well, we all know the reason

Your post was a white a women being racially abused, imply it was just marxism,  what has that got to do with Black lives mattering? It was a pointless post, but i think you know that.

Edited by Turkish

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Your post was a white a women being racially abused, imply it was just marxism,  what has that got to do with Black lives mattering? It was a pointless post, but i think you know that.

Merely pointing out that some people don't seem to think this country has a race problem, even the most obvious examples of it are classed as "anti-marxist".

Pointing out an example of racism on a forum topic titled "Things That Are Racist" isn't pointless at all. 

You seem very insecure about the whole anti-racism movement.

55 minutes ago, supersonic said:

"The number of spelling mistakes in the online post".

The post which is written by someone who received the letter, who was born abroad and English is, at least, their second language. But you've decided to have a pop at them for it.

Classy 👍

How do you know she was born abroad?

She may have been born in the UK and just be shit at spelling.

You've jumped to a racist conclusion without knowing all the facts.

Classy 👍

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How do you know she was born abroad?

She may have been born in the UK and just be shit at spelling.

You've jumped to a racist conclusion without knowing all the facts.

Classy 👍

She's Italian.

But don't let facts get in the way of your delusion 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/racist-letter-sent-to-italian-and-romanian-residents-in-york-saying-we-wont-be-happy-until-you-leave-3277085%3famp

29 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Merely pointing out that some people don't seem to think this country has a race problem, even the most obvious examples of it are classed as "anti-marxist".

Pointing out an example of racism on a forum topic titled "Things That Are Racist" isn't pointless at all. 

You seem very insecure about the whole anti-racism movement.

There is a difference between a racist country and a country with some racist people in it. Overall the UK is one of the most welcoming countries there is. That doesn't mean there wont be a small percentage of people who have racist views. It's like the screaming that football is racist because one person in a crowd of 40,000 people shouts racist abuse at a black player. I'd describe myself as a realist and pragmatic when it comes to racism, not screaming how terrible it all is every time there is a report of racism.

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There is a difference between a racist country and a country with some racist people in it. Overall the UK is one of the most welcoming countries there is. That doesn't mean there wont be a small percentage of people who have racist views. It's like the screaming that football is racist because one person in a crowd of 40,000 people shouts racist abuse at a black player. I'd describe myself as a realist and pragmatic when it comes to racism, not screaming how terrible it all is every time there is a report of racism.

Britain is riddled with institutional racism, as evidenced by the numerous reports on the matter.

We aren't that welcoming, especially with a PM who has a history of racism, people such as Nigel Farage being given so much publicity and Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

Britain is riddled with institutional racism, as evidenced by the numerous reports on the matter.

We aren't that welcoming, especially with a PM who has a history of racism, people such as Nigel Farage being given so much publicity and Brexit.

Apparently not. 

Britain is not institutionally racist and inequality linked as much to social class, race report concludes (msn.com)

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Totally agree

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Knew you'd roll that one out, a report authorised by the racist PM, by someone who he hand picked to mark his own homework, decided his government wasn't racist....

There are literally reports that prove every single major institution is guilty of racial prejudice (amongst others).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Surely if people like Farage were the norm, he wouldn’t get any publicity? The very fact that he is such a controversial character with such niche support, indicates that his views aren’t exactly mainstream and that the majority of the country disagree with him. He certainly isn’t a patch on Trump, Berlusconi, Orban, Putin, Lukashenko or Le Pen (the French equivalent of the BNP regularly get c.20% of the vote at general elections)

15 minutes ago, supersonic said:

What a load of old pony. 

46 minutes ago, supersonic said:

You're insane. This is so far from reality that I question whether there will ever be any sort of consensus on anything ever. If we view the world in a way which is so diametrically opposed then there really is no common ground. You're so wrong. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Particularly when they're changing the message to suit the circumstances. Those who said all lives matter were called racist this time last year, now it seems the current narrative is that all lives do indeed matter. 

It was nothing to do with black lives matter. 

20210612_225432.jpg

20210612_225437.jpg

20210612_225441.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

All of it

There are reports which conclude all major institutes (NHS, Police, Schooling, Housing, etc) are institutionally racist. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Last month there was an anti-immigration rally in Dover. (6)

Xenophobic and Racist hate crimes increased by over 30% in the last year. (7)

Boris Johnson has a history of racism (8)

Brexit happened. (No citation required)

Sources:

(1) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-health-racism-commission-uk-b1825705.html%3famp

(2) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/277111/4262.pdf

(3) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.runnymedetrust.org/uploads/publications/pdfs/Runnymede%20Secondary%20Schools%20report%20FINAL.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi2xaa8hKHxAhWD_7sIHc0-D5sQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1Qcgd1yQMgbmzbEWzaQDSq

(4) https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/charity-supporting-grenfell-victims-admits-long-term-culture-of-institutional-racism.html

(5) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theweek.co.uk/106258/windrush-report-home-office-showed-hallmarks-of-institutional-racism%3famp

(6) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/29/arrests-at-dover-anti-immigration-protest

(7) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/13/crimes-linked-to-race-and-religion-rise-in-england-and-wales

(8) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6%3famp

So tell me again, which part of it is Pony? 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

It was nothing to do with black lives matter. 

20210612_225432.jpg

20210612_225437.jpg

20210612_225441.jpg

Premier League: Support for Black Lives Matter is 'not political' | UK News | Sky News

They even initially called it a black lives matter campaign. Now they've changed it with the FA Practically begging fans to not boo and support the players. Yet some insist the message hasn't been diluted. 

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

There are reports which conclude all major institutes (NHS, Police, Schooling, Housing, etc) are institutionally racist. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Last month there was an anti-immigration rally in Dover. (6)

Xenophobic and Racist hate crimes increased by over 30% in the last year. (7)

Boris Johnson has a history of racism (8)

Brexit happened. (No citation required)

Sources:

(1) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-health-racism-commission-uk-b1825705.html%3famp

(2) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/277111/4262.pdf

(3) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.runnymedetrust.org/uploads/publications/pdfs/Runnymede%20Secondary%20Schools%20report%20FINAL.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi2xaa8hKHxAhWD_7sIHc0-D5sQFnoECB0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1Qcgd1yQMgbmzbEWzaQDSq

(4) https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/charity-supporting-grenfell-victims-admits-long-term-culture-of-institutional-racism.html

(5) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theweek.co.uk/106258/windrush-report-home-office-showed-hallmarks-of-institutional-racism%3famp

(6) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/29/arrests-at-dover-anti-immigration-protest

(7) https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/13/crimes-linked-to-race-and-religion-rise-in-england-and-wales

(8) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6%3famp

So tell me again, which part of it is Pony? 

So you'll believe those reports but wont believe the government report into institutional racism. Got it.

6 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Someone has literally mentioned that my post claiming the UK has a race problem was "pony"....

Again you’re conflating two separate points. Racism existing and the country having a race problem.

People get murdered in Luxembourg. Luxembourg does not have a murder problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Someone has literally mentioned that my post claiming the UK has a race problem was "pony"....

I think your mistake here is trying to debate people that would not change their views on a topic if their life depended on it.

Move on.

• Like 2

Progress is being made in all areas yet there are so many who seem to think it has never been so bad.

That is laughable and maybe a trite illustration (from Bill Maher) but take the comedy Friends. You would get laughed out pitching 6 white heterosexuals as the characters. Also coming out is gay is no longer any sort of big thing. Such tolerance does come from highlighting but has to be done from place of reality of highlighting genuine prejudice not suggesting everything is racist and all white people are demons. All that does is empower the Trump pitchfork mob and alienate normal people who are true liberals. And the weak woke lot just desperate to join a cause.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, supersonic said:

21 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Do you think it is getting better or worse over last say 20 years?

4 hours ago, supersonic said:

"The number of spelling mistakes in the online post".

The post which is written by someone who received the letter, who was born abroad and English is, at least, their second language. But you've decided to have a pop at them for it.

Classy 👍

nice quote cutting there. Re-read it mate 😄You should work in the media.

5 hours ago, supersonic said:

You couldn't possibly have known that with the first post you made on the subject which was a facbook screenshot of a twitter post!

One question I have about the letter, presumably the only way you would know that someone living at a certain address is 'johnny foreigner' is because you live locally (next door, same street, round the corner etc).  So why would they send a small piece of paper with a badly written sentence (that's another crime in this scenario), put it in a massive envelope, pay for a stamp and then post it in a postbox for the Royal Mail to deliver!  Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to when they could have just posted the envelope through the door couldn't they?

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You couldn't possibly have known that with the first post you made on the subject which was a facbook screenshot of a twitter post!

One question I have about the letter, presumably the only way you would know that someone living at a certain address is 'johnny foreigner' is because you live locally (next door, same street, round the corner etc).  So why would they send a small piece of paper with a badly written sentence (that's another crime in this scenario), put it in a massive envelope, pay for a stamp and then post it in a postbox for the Royal Mail to deliver!  Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to when they could have just posted the envelope through the door couldn't they?

No flies on Saintsweb’s top detective

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

They would do it so as not to be seen posting an obnoxius and offensive letter through a neighbour's letter box.

10 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

They would do it so as not to be seen posting an obnoxius and offensive letter through a neighbour's letter box.

Ah, yes, that makes sense.  That must be the new breed of 'shy, retiring, scared of the limelight, not keen on intimidating anyone, afraid of confrontation' racists that we've heard so much about.  Almost like a 'woke' racist.

Just like these guys?

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Fancy dress

Agree, can of worms that. Can see both sides but agree. Can see no intent there but in other countries could be seen as crusading again.

If it offends however just dress up as something else problem solved.

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I guess that means the cross of st George is also banned as this was first adopted during the crusades.

Don’t be going red now. Hold yourself back and breathe.

Nobody is banning the flag of England, God forbid.

Stand down guys, that was a close one. ☝️ 

19 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Don’t be going red now. Hold yourself back and breathe.

Nobody is banning the flag of England, God forbid.

Stand down guys, that was a close one. ☝️ 

The flag is associated with the crusades, if they’re banning stuff linked to the crusades they must ban the flag.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The flag is associated with the crusades, if they’re banning stuff linked to the crusades they must ban the flag.

Now Turkish, calm down. No one can tell the flag shaggers what to do. They will ban flags over my dead body. We know how much you invest in the symbolism behind the flag.

I simply see it as a location beacon for where my parents shagged but I know it means so much more to others.

In solidarity I will get my Purple Irish/European passport and march to brussels( it is brussels isn’t it?) and demand that we parade the flag of St George with all its crusading meaning intact because we are rule breakers not rule takers.

Solidarity, brother.

1 minute ago, Antrimsaint said:

Now Turkish, calm down. No one can tell the flag shaggers what to do. They will ban flags over my dead body. We know how much you invest in the symbolism behind the flag.

I simply see it as a location beacon for where my parents shagged but I know it means so much more to others.

In solidarity I will get my Purple Irish/European passport and march to brussels( it is brussels isn’t it?) and demand that we parade the flag of St George with all its crusading meaning intact because we are rule breakers not rule takers.

Solidarity, brother.

I’m very calm Dave. Good character this one, bravo.