Sport Republic

Dusic

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Yes, exactly 

Quite 😅. It's impressive really. How much did they spend to completely imbalance the squad (and not buy a striker for ralph), lose so many of the backroom coaching/scouting/academy staff, lose many of our best academy talents etc. 

That isn't to say they won't come good in the long run, but so far they've not been great owners and it's hard to argue they've had a net positive impact on any of the 3 clubs so far. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Sports Republic are pretty shite owners, to be fair

Had their scouts done a better job with the cash they'd thrown at them would you take the same view? Their issue has been recruitment, but as owners they can't be expected to know a good player from a bad one. They've been let down by their employees decisions and judgement - that doesn't make them bad owners. 

Lots of good points but the no.1 reason we went down that season was the owners decision to appoint Jones, so they need to take accountability for that, specifically rasmus.

That drove the Jan recruitment and the subsequent manager and imbalanced squad for the remainder of the season.

Since they are owners we've gone from,

- pressing football - ralph

- hit it long to the big fella - jones

- pressing football - selles

- possession football - martin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Lots of good points but the no.1 reason we went down that season was the owners decision to appoint Jones, so they need to take accountability for that, specifically rasmus.

That drove the Jan recruitment and the subsequent manager and imbalanced squad for the remainder of the season.

Since they are owners we've gone from,

- pressing football - ralph

- hit it long to the big fella - jones

- pressing football - selles

- possession football - martin

I get that, but had the player recruitment been better, but Ralph still failed, we may have been able to attract a better manager. Sure, Jones was a disaster, but player recruitment has been our biggest disaster imo. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nolan said:

We know where you are coming from, But Sports Republic will have learnt from there experiences with Saints and Goztepe.

Look at Goztepe last season the change to Stoilov came after the first back to back defeats of the season.

yes it will take time to regain all fans confidence, but the time for panic is not now.

That's precisely the problem with us, it's that we panic quickly and don't give ourselves time to get things done.

Morale is not at its best for many of my compatriots, but I'm convinced that after the rain will come the good weather.

As we say in France, the French are eternally dissatisfied, haha: always grumbling about nothing...

I don't think that SR are the worst owners there are, admittedly they don't do everything right, but they keep their commitments to our 3 clubs.

Their management style is quite different from that of other timeshare owners, and they don't spend money like QSI at Paris SG, who, despite injecting billions, have still not won the Champions League, despite Mbappé / Messi / Neymar and others.

I think we'll see in the coming months.

3 hours ago, egg said:

Had their scouts done a better job with the cash they'd thrown at them would you take the same view? Their issue has been recruitment, but as owners they can't be expected to know a good player from a bad one. They've been let down by their employees decisions and judgement - that doesn't make them bad owners. 

Perhaps they appointed poor scouts. Ultimately the buck will always rest with the owners of the club because they call the shots and set the budget.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, egg said:

I get that, but had the player recruitment been better, but Ralph still failed, we may have been able to attract a better manager. Sure, Jones was a disaster, but player recruitment has been our biggest disaster imo. 

Such a weird narrative to blame Ralph over SR for that season. He'd been operating on a shoe string for ages and yet we'd made some astute signings in recent years - such as KWP and Tino, and laid the groundwork for Lavia deal. But then that summer/season, SR came in and gutted the first team coaching setup, the academy setup, the scouting setup, they gave the manager a bunch of young inexperienced players with no real thought to squad balance / dressing room cohesion, we played the entire season with the very young/inexperienced Bazunu as first choice, and crucially they spent £160mwith and didn't give the manager the striker we so badly needed. Then, despite having a lot of our best players out injured (most notably KWP, Lavia, Armstrong, and Tino), and despite having to blood those youngsters in to both senior football and his tactics, we were actually in touching distance of survival when SR sacked the manager - with more money to be spent in January, and players coming back from injuries.

Can only imagine what he'd have achieved if SR had signed players the manager actually wanted as opposed to "investments" they could sell on for a profit (doing well on that front with a lot of them aren't we). But ah well... SR's two golden appointments (Selles and Jones) were on hand to correct the failings of the manager and drastically improve our form to carry us to safety... Oh wait...!

That entire season is entirely on SR imo. Everything that followed relegation - the loss of income, the selling of our best players, the damage to our academy and loss of our academy stars (the team that came runners up to City's u18 Galacticos) - Its all on SR. The buck should stops with the owners as standard, let alone when their fingerprints are on every single negative decision taken at the club. And until they re-establish us a solid premier league team, they should be firmly in the red with the fans 🤷‍♂️.

But like i said, i think they've learned from that and i think they might well come good in the long run... But we might look back and see that we wasted a few years just to get back to the level we were previously at when they took over (i.e. whilst they learnt on the job basically).

One thing i will say though is that they seem to be doing well for focusing on improving fan experience at the ground 🤷‍♂️, and they do seem to at least be committed and fairly open owners.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, egg said:

5 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Such a weird narrative to blame Ralph over SR for that season. He'd been operating on a shoe string for ages and yet we'd made some astute signings in recent years - such as KWP and Tino, and laid the groundwork for Lavia deal. But then that summer/season, SR came in and gutted the first team coaching setup, the academy setup, the scouting setup, they gave the manager a bunch of young inexperienced players with no real thought to squad balance / dressing room cohesion, we played the entire season with the very young/inexperienced Bazunu as first choice, and crucially they spent £160mwith and didn't give the manager the striker we so badly needed. Then, despite having a lot of our best players out injured (most notably KWP, Lavia, Armstrong, and Tino), and despite having to blood those youngsters in to both senior football and his tactics, we were actually in touching distance of survival when SR sacked the manager - with more money to be spent in January, and players coming back from injuries.

Can only imagine what he'd have achieved if SR had signed players the manager actually wanted as opposed to "investments" they could sell on for a profit (doing well on that front with a lot of them aren't we). But ah well... SR's two golden appointments (Selles and Jones) were on hand to correct the failings of the manager and drastically improve our form to carry us to safety... Oh wait...!

That entire season is entirely on SR imo. Everything that followed relegation - the loss of income, the selling of our best players, the damage to our academy and loss of our academy stars (the team that came runners up to City's u18 Galacticos) - Its all on SR. The buck should stops with the owners as standard, let alone when their fingerprints are on every single negative decision taken at the club. And until they re-establish us a solid premier league team, they should be firmly in the red with the fans 🤷‍♂️.

But like i said, i think they've learned from that and i think they might well come good in the long run... But we might look back and see that we wasted a few years just to get back to the level we were previously at when they took over (i.e. whilst they learnt on the job basically).

One thing i will say though is that they seem to be doing well for focusing on improving fan experience at the ground 🤷‍♂️, and they do seem to at least be committed and fairly open owners.

Sure, Ralph may have done better with better players, but my point was that if we had better players available to another manager after Ralph's sacking, then we'd probably had better managers wanting the gig. That recruitment failure is on the people hired by SR to buy players.

Where SR can't be blamed is their willingness to put money in - they pumped shed loads in during that Jan window and for that (if not the choice of players) they deserve credit. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, egg said:

That recruitment failure is on the people hired by SR to buy players.

I don't get that; isn't SR self claimed expertise to analyze player data to get the best fit player for the job ? SR isn't just shoving money in, they have an entire squad (according to Ben Chorley's interview (in English) from last spring available on VA FC website) that studies, dissects player stats all day long. Looking at VA FC recruits since they took over, it feels like these data annalists are either shitty or sleeping at their desks... SR wants to follow in the footsteps of RedBird Capital Partners and Red Bull, but they don't have the same talents. But wait, Rasmus is going to fix this...

Edited by FredVaFC59100

13 minutes ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

I don't get that; isn't SR self claimed expertise to analyze player data to get the best fit player for the job ? SR isn't just shoving money in, they have an entire squad (according to Ben Chorley's interview (in English) from last spring available on VA FC website) that studies, dissects player stats all day long. Looking at VA FC recruits since they took over, it feels like these data annalists are either shitty or sleeping at their desks... SR wants to follow in the footsteps of RedBird Capital Partners and Red Bull, but they don't have the same talents. But wait, Rasmus is going to fix this...

I don't care what they believe they're good at, I judge them (and the players, and managers) on what they actually do. 

SR cannot be criticised for not putting money into the club. They went hell for leather at trying to keep us up. The problem is that the people they trusted to spend money wisely, spent it on absolute dross.

No disrespect intended, but I'm not interested in VA FC. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

Yes we were promised all that Moneyball stuff but it's all proved to have been largely bullshit. Then Wilcox came along and was going to fix things but has left and not been replaced. SR have been a big disappointment and I was hoping for better.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FredVaFC59100 said:

Dear colleague,

Last year, it's true, SR relied on data to build our team, in particular by recruiting 15 players from the 4 corners of the world and in the end, the only one who was satisfactory was our goalkeeper, Jean Louchet, who was recruited from the team of unemployed players.

We saw the result, and although individually they had some interesting statistics, collectively it didn't work out at all, with a descent into the 3rd division as a consequence.

SR has learned from these mistakes, particularly by taking the time to recruit well and choose the right profiles. Our four recruits seem to me to be healthier and more coherent if you compare them to last year.

We're not in SR's or VAFC's offices and we don't know how he does things, but we have to admit that we have to trust them. I don't think they do anything stupid or that they don't know football. When you look at our friends here from Southampton and Goztepe who are doing much better, hard work will pay off in the end.

I'm telling you here, most of my colleagues are not optimistic and think that SR will never succeed here. I don't agree with that. A project takes time to take shape and you always have to believe in it because sooner or later your efforts will pay off.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2024 at 10:23, ChristopheVAFC said:

That's precisely the problem with us, it's that we panic quickly and don't give ourselves time to get things done.

Morale is not at its best for many of my compatriots, but I'm convinced that after the rain will come the good weather.

As we say in France, the French are eternally dissatisfied, haha: always grumbling about nothing...

I don't think that SR are the worst owners there are, admittedly they don't do everything right, but they keep their commitments to our 3 clubs.

Their management style is quite different from that of other timeshare owners, and they don't spend money like QSI at Paris SG, who, despite injecting billions, have still not won the Champions League, despite Mbappé / Messi / Neymar and others.

I think we'll see in the coming months.

Must be a lot of French people on this forum then 🤪

20 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Göztepe have got their first point of the and the first clean sheet of the season for Sport Republic. 

Antalyaspor 0 - 0 Göztepe

Interesting to see Moussa Djenepo playing for Antalyaspor.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2024 at 08:26, EBS1980 said:

Looks to be a shell company as no trading occurs through it. Their confirmation statement was due in June so is overdue but nothing else is late.

As if by magic...

Screenshot_20240829-162358.png

it looks as if it was a Special Purpose Vehicle used in the building of St Marys stadium, given the time frames in which it was set up.

I might not be reading it correct, but it looks like it could have originally contained the mortgage on St Marys. Now I think it holds the asset of the Stadium, which was valued at 24mil in 2023.

• Like 1