Saints 'B' Team

SuperSAINT

10 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Anis Harrar, Romeo Akachukwu and Tawana Changa were named on the matchday squad today for #SaintsFC U21s’ friendly game against Totton.

Romeo scored

that the chap we signed from Ireland whose meant to be the bees knees?

2 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

that the chap we signed from Ireland whose meant to be the bees knees?

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Yeah, that's him.

Believe he’s signed but it’s a technicality that he’s on trial terms at the mo.

4 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Believe he’s signed but it’s a technicality that he’s on trial terms at the mo.

He was definitely named as a trialist at the game and goal scorer announcement, Saints goal scored by "Trialist" 

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

He was definitely named as a trialist at the game and goal scorer announcement, Saints goal scored by "Trialist" 

Yup, didn’t say he wasnt - But he has signed - will be official on his birthday.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Did he look good?

Neat finish for the goal but not much else, Totton were quite physical so good challenge for the young lads 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Yup, didn’t say he wasnt - But he has signed - will be official on his birthday.

Yeah wasn't trying to correct you, just found it odd coming on a trialist , goal given to trialist, why not just use his name so the fans watching know ?! 

15 hours ago, JRM said:

Yeah wasn't trying to correct you, just found it odd coming on a trialist , goal given to trialist, why not just use his name so the fans watching know ?! 

Because he cant "sign" until he's 18, same as Rento Takaoka.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know Bragg made it on the pitch, briefly, last season, but he hasn’t been near a squad in the matches this summer. I’m presuming he isn’t part of our future plans, or isn’t unless he makes a huge stride forward this season. Anyone got a handle on his ability? Is his future in L1 or2?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pwoite said:

I know Bragg made it on the pitch, briefly, last season, but he hasn’t been near a squad in the matches this summer. I’m presuming he isn’t part of our future plans, or isn’t unless he makes a huge stride forward this season. Anyone got a handle on his ability? Is his future in L1 or2?

In his brief appearance he did fine. With us being light in that area, I was wondering if we were going to see a little more of him next season. Wishing him all the best for his loan season. It will be great for his development.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed that Reeves in our midfield is 32 year old Ben Reeves, now our under 21 support player. Started his career here of course, did the rounds a bit in leagues 1 and 2, and played for Eastleigh in the national league last year. 

I've been to see the u21 team quite a few times last couple of seasons at Totton, been free for Saints season ticket holders. 

Notice this seasons fixtures show home games being played at Staplewood, anyone know if these will all be behind closed doors as usually don't allow crowds there? 

8 hours ago, JRM said:

I've been to see the u21 team quite a few times last couple of seasons at Totton, been free for Saints season ticket holders. 

Notice this seasons fixtures show home games being played at Staplewood, anyone know if these will all be behind closed doors as usually don't allow crowds there? 

Normally behind closed doors as a rule 

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Normally behind closed doors as a rule 

Yeah wondered if they had made any changes there or what the reason was for not using Totton, didn't get many fans but was good to have the option to go along

When I played for Saints A back in the late 60's we used to play at the BTC Club at Stoneham Lane with kit that was probably 10 years old.
Played in the same team as Bobby Stokes and a few others who made the grade including Paul Bennett who was also at Wembley on that famous day in 1976.
Prior to that I think the younger lads used to play at the pitch in the grounds of Rownhams House which was owned by a transport company who were sponsors of the Saints.
Bit different now!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

Yeah wondered if they had made any changes there or what the reason was for not using Totton, didn't get many fans but was good to have the option to go along

Might be more games at Totton in other competitions.

12 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

When I played for Saints A back in the late 60's we used to play at the BTC Club at Stoneham Lane with kit that was probably 10 years old.
Played in the same team as Bobby Stokes and a few others who made the grade including Paul Bennett who was also at Wembley on that famous day in 1976.
Prior to that I think the younger lads used to play at the pitch in the grounds of Rownhams House which was owned by a transport company who were sponsors of the Saints.
Bit different now!!!

Used to watch games at Studland Rd too. Dave Stamp and Robbie Clarke played from my school.

It was a company called Victory Transport that played at Rownhams House - I played there against them.

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That's Brandon Charles, U18 midfield player.

Would help if they listed him on the Southampton FC app.

He's not listed under U18s or U21s

6 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Would help if they listed him on the Southampton FC app.

He's not listed under U18s or U21s

Strange, he’s on the website (old school) - it’s all outdated stuff on there, though.

Been textbook Saints  tonight, ineffectual up front , giving ball away under pressure at the back and loads of possession without doing much with it