Adam Lallana

Trader

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

I wonder what role the Masonic lodge played in his return ?

Lallana, Beattie, ugly inside anyone else in this photo ?

image.jpeg.b1dd5c51739654f18413abb40d3a4e67.jpeg

Fucking knobheads.  Each and every one of them.

Worked for a company that was rife with the cunts and saw so many useless twats get on because of their funny fucking handshake.  Pricks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, david in sweden said:

well surely that can't be a bad thing.   Every player needs a life after they hang up their boots, and his pedigree speaks for itself. 

If he stays on after he eventually finishes his playing career ...it'll be a win-win situation. 

Absolutely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

It’s no secret our squad is not made up of serial high level achievers  ( THB aside). I would not worry too much about whatever happened ages ago when he left. it’s gone. 
AL walks into that changing room and there will be genuine respect for him from everyone. When he talks they will listen- and he DOES talk. Inspired bit of biz (as long as he is not on a mad wage.) 

I find this stuff infinitely more deranged than people moaning about how he acted the twat when he left us.

Adam Lallana is not some footballing megastar with a mystical aura.

Just an aging journeyman on his next pay day after an incredibly nondescript stint at his last club.

• Like 12

Just now, CB Fry said:

I find this stuff infinitely more deranged than people moaning about how he acted the twat when he left us.

Just an aging journeyman on his next pay day after an incredibly nondescript stint at his last club.

And in addition to that, the players we have aren't some non league loggers suddenly promoted to the prem. We have a lot of prem experience within our squad already, many of them now better than Adam. Lallana might be a success for us but the likes of McCarthy - if here - kwp, Bednarek, Stephens, Armstrong etc already knows what it takes to be a success in the prem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Fucking knobheads.  Each and every one of them.

Worked for a company that was rife with the cunts and saw so many useless twats get on because of their funny fucking handshake.  Pricks.

My dad's best mate was one and offered him an opportunity to join decades ago. Turned it down and glad he did they're wankers. I went to a funeral for one and they had two wakes with only masons allowed to the big one and women excluded. Bunch of oddballs. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Lallana might be a success for us but the likes of McCarthy - if here - kwp, Bednarek, Stephens, Armstrong etc already knows what it takes to be a success in the prem.

Um,  didn't we get relegated with those players or did I dream that?

• Like 3

Adam Lallana is not some footballing megastar with a mystical aura said @CB Fry

Compared to OUR squad he is. He’s got more caps medals trophies and  international appearances than our entire first team and management combined. 

What is more His recent high level  EPL experience in and around good quality footballing teams is pretty much absent from this squad. And that’s the entire point. RM is bringing in experience we lack - on and off the pitch - especially since we losing Stu and possibly Alex. Which point you seem to have missed or deliberately missed because making references to my mental state gets you more laugh emojis. Both probably. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oldandtired said:

Um,  didn't we get relegated with those players or did I dream that?

Yes but that doesn't mean that with a different setup around different players that they can't be successful (in fact most of them have been.) 

5 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Compared to OUR squad he is. He’s got more caps medals trophies and  international appearances than our entire first team and management combined. 

What is more His recent high level  EPL experience in and around good quality footballing teams is pretty much absent from this squad. And that’s the entire point. RM is bringing in experience we lack - on and off the pitch - especially since we losing Stu and possibly Alex. Which point you seem to have missed or deliberately missed because making references to my mental state gets you more laugh emojis. Both probably. 

Quite. 

With regard to the level of some of the comments and insults on here, as an old man I'm quite grateful for them as it brings back memories of my time in the primary school playground.

Edited by Oldandtired

4 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

I didn't make any comment about "your mental state" for laughs or emojis or anything. So fuck knows what you're on about.

Personally I think Southampton Football Club are more than capable of building a squad that stays up this season without wasting salary on 36 year olds.

• Like 4

Will he come off the bench to engage the opposition defence and keep them occupied when we are leading, or holding on for a draw, or will he be used for a bit of creativity when we are trying to get back in to games? Just one or two crucial passes may be more or less all that's needed from him at times.

As long as we are not overpaying I'm happy enough with the signing but hope to get a lot more excited by a few others..

1 minute ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Oh, how we'll laugh when he's unveiled as Russ' successor when that time comes. 🙂

(hopefully a good while away)

He’ll be caretaker manager by December 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

He’ll be caretaker manager by December 

What a terrible thought. I hope we stick with Russ no matter what, then in the 2025/26 season he can lead us back to the premier league, if the worse comes to the worse. We will see what sort of cash is stumped up for players. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

What a terrible thought. I hope we stick with Russ no matter what, then in the 2025/26 season he can lead us back to the premier league, if the worse comes to the worse. We will see what sort of cash is stumped up for players. 

Be realistic, he'll be managing Paris Saint Germain by that point.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Journeyman?

Before this summer he's moved clubs twice in 18 years as a pro.

• Like 2

Whatever money he is on, (and I really hope it isn't a lot) I still think that money could be put to better use.

Given he never lasted 90 minutes at Brighton, and his injury record, his ability to make a real difference on the pitch is going to be limited.

The chatter surrounding Walcott joining was similar - his influence in the dressing room was as much value as his playing ability.

What Saints need is quality ON the pitch. If you want influence in the changing room- isn't that what the manager and coaching staff are for!

Vincent Kompany had more medals and experience on and off the pitch than Lallana but his influence in the dressing room couldn't keep Burnley up. It proves that no matter how good a manger you maybe if you don't have the quality ON the pitch your going straight back down.

So I am judging Lallana on what he does on the pitch and I think our money could be better spent.

We already have too many players at Saints who were only considered good enough to be subs in the Championship. We need to be buying players who will be in the starting 11, not warming the subs bench. We should not be repeating the mistakes of the past when we bought players who were no better than the ones we already had.

• Like 5

I suppose one way to look at it is that excluding THB (who we knew we were getting last summer anyway if we got promoted) is that Lallana is our first summer signing so... it can only get better from here!

Right? 😬

Edited by SNSUN

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Llama has 34 caps and 3 younger-age caps.  Bednarek has 57 caps and 45 under-age caps.  What twaddle you talk!

😉

12 minutes ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

Llama has 34 caps and 3 younger-age caps.  Bednarek has 57 caps and 45 under-age caps.  What twaddle you talk!

😉

Might be the case but Bednarek didn’t keep any of the caps so if you add the international appearances and caps together, Lallana’s on 68 and Bednarek on 57 (junior appearances don’t count).

Plus Premier League and Champions League trophies count for the equivalent of 50 caps so if you include those too, the statement was completely correct.

4 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Given that RM rarely fails to use all five subs I can see a good case for why he’d want someone to come off the bench at certain times who  is very experienced in pressure situations and is excellent at retaining possession, slowing the game down if needs be etc. AL knows how to do that And, like JWP, will play exactly the position and way he is told like a total pro. I think that’s the nub of why he’s here. 

Mate, it’s Adam Lallana, not some football mega star.

can you point to many Brighton games last year where he retained possession and slowed the game down?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Mate, it’s Adam Lallana, not some football mega star.

can you point to many Brighton games last year where he retained possession and slowed the game down?

No I did not watch Brighton last year. They did well finishing mid table but I have no clue as to his impact on that.
I’ve guessed as to why AL’s skill set might synchronise with the way RM likes to play- and that his obvious high level experience and voice is something RM might feel we’d benefit from. Seems pretty obvious plus the vacancies at U21 coaching is why he’s here for the year. A good free transfer decision imo as long as he’s not on too high a wage. 

I also don’t know who’s staying who is leaving from our MF. Without Flynn without Stuart maybe even without Joe there is a lot of pressure on Will and Shea. Joe Rothwell did not set the championship on fire so I’m glad he’s not returning. 

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

I suppose one way to look at it is that excluding THB (who we knew we were getting last summer anyway if we got promoted) is that Lallana is our first summer signing so... it can only get better from here!

Right? 😬

Indeed and SR have said that they have learnt and will not be making the same mistakes as before.

9 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

I mean that’s just complete and utter bollocks isn’t it. 

Apologies if it’s upset you that I exaggerated - but you surely know what I meant? 

7 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Apologies if it’s upset you that I exaggerated - but you surely know what I meant? 

I’m not upset, but if you’re trying to make a credible point maybe post stuff to support it that’s true rather than really obviously not true? 

13 minutes ago, Midfield_General said:

I’m not upset, but if you’re trying to make a credible point maybe post stuff to support it that’s true rather than really obviously not true? 

Ok. Adam Lallana has got more England caps medals and trophies than Flynn Downes, Will Smallbone, Joe Aribo and She Charles combined. He also has more medals than RM, Jack Stephens, Ryan Manning, Ross Stewart, Che Adams, Adam Armstrong, Sam Edozie, Kameldeen  Sulemana, Sekou Mara, Charlie Alcaraz and Ryan Fraser. Have I missed any other Saints forwards or midfielders?
Happy now?

He recently was invited to England training so he is obviously highly thought of - and ambitious -  and given there’s obvious vacancies at SFC U21 level coaching I’d not be surprised to see him getting involved somehow. 

The players will respect him and will listen. And if they don’t they are idiots. That’s part of why he’s brought in. 

We you they know he is 36 and know he had zero goals and 2 assists last year. But Brighton did not seem a shit team because they had him in the squad and coming off the bench. And he can say “ show me your medals” to anyone in that dressing room- and win. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Lallana - Official: Signs One Year Contract

Still can’t for the life of me figure out what the point in this is, from our POV. Unless people at the club actually believe that ‘great lad to have in the dressing room’ bullsh*t which was such a resounding success with Walcott.

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

No I did not watch Brighton last year. They did well finishing mid table but I have no clue as to his impact on that.

He did the square route of fuck all last season, and wasn't all that impressive on the two proceeding seasons IMO. The three seasons before that it Liverpool he hardly played either. 

24 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Ok. Adam Lallana has got more England caps medals and trophies than Flynn Downes, Will Smallbone, Joe Aribo and She Charles combined.

Yeah, it's not quite as impressive when you stick to what's actually true, is it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gio1saints said:

I’ve guessed as to why AL’s skill set might synchronise with the way RM likes to play- and that his obvious high level experience and voice is something RM might feel we’d benefit from. Seems pretty obvious plus the vacancies at U21 coaching is why he’s here for the year. A good free transfer decision imo as long as he’s not on too high a wage. 

I also don’t know who’s staying who is leaving from our MF. Without Flynn without Stuart maybe even without Joe there is a lot of pressure on Will and Shea. Joe Rothwell did not set the championship on fire so I’m glad he’s not returning. 

I keep seeing things like it’s ok as long as he is not on too much money - interested to know what great figure is 50k, 75k, 100k per week? What is it before he is on too much money for a part time coach/part time player?

3 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I keep seeing things like it’s ok as long as he is not on too much money - interested to know what great figure is 50k, 75k, 100k per week? What is it before he is on too much money for a part time coach/part time player?

That explains our massive annual losses, we are paying U21 coaches £50k a week.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Ok. Adam Lallana has got more England caps medals and trophies than Flynn Downes, Will Smallbone, Joe Aribo and She Charles combined

You mean will smallbone the Irishman, Joe Aribo the Nigerian and Shea Charles the Northern Irishman?

Edited by Golac's Cunning Stunts
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

And in addition to that, the players we have aren't some non league loggers suddenly promoted to the prem. We have a lot of prem experience within our squad already, many of them now better than Adam. Lallana might be a success for us but the likes of McCarthy - if here - kwp, Bednarek, Stephens, Armstrong etc already knows what it takes to be a success in the prem.

Armstrong and Stephens may know what it takes to be a success in the premier league but they certainly haven't got it, mediocre at best defender and poor striker at premier league level. 

Just now, Chez said:

That explains our massive annual losses, we are paying U21 coaches £50k a week.

That’s what I mean Chez. It just doesn’t make sense on any level. Throw in the history and it makes even less sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

You mean will smallbone the Irishman, Joe Aribo the Nigerian and Shea Charles the Northern Irishman?

Damn I hadn’t realised they weren’t English 🥱

22 minutes ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

So what we've established here is that Adam Lallana has got more England caps than Flynn Downes. 

What a true titan of the international game. I hope they've got a red carpet ready. 

• Haha 2

Yeah not feeling this. How much of the wage budget will this eat into? Would rather invest in future talent like brighton do instead of taking their cast offs

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Lallana