Adam Lallana

Trader

I hated the way he left. 

But wish him well now he’s back. Hopefully he’s on low wages and preparing for coaching/management.. 

Or maybe the club though the Loch Ness drogba needed a companion to keep him company in the medical department 

• Like 1

There'll be mixed feelings. 

If he wants to put that to bed early doors the best thing would surely be to just hold his hands up and say "Look, some things didn't pan out how I'd have liked - but let's get down to business."

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

This will end up being an even bigger flop than Walcott. 

But hey, it's another bearded hipster "lads lad" for Martin to fall in love with. 

He just wants to recreate the Klopp hug with him. 

27 minutes ago, Elmore Saint said:

Big club came calling - it happens. Some folks have a real issue with him, can't say I do. Cant think of a Le Tiss type one club loyalty player since, well, Le Tiss.....

Welcome back Adam.

That would be us 😀

• Like 1

A little top up before retirement back in the area his family are. Good for him. 

For us, it's pretty fucking pointless and certainly a waste of wages and squad space.

Not to mention the way that Nivea (his aging face suggests the product does'nae work) left, signing Liverpool shirts and ribbing us on his return to St Mary's. 

A mummer's farce.

• Like 1

I think we have to bury any animosity about how he left, let bygones be bygones and all that.

So lets hope it works out really well for player and club.

Yes, welcome back Nivea, you cunt... 

• Haha 12

Just now, Badger said:

I think we have to bury any animosity about how he left, let bygones be bygones and all that.

You have me worried for a minute.

If he does the business when he gets on the pitch, great. Good luck to him. 

Life is too short for grudges, especially the kind where football fans act all butt hurt about a player for their team going off to win...well, everything, for all the money in the world. Get over it for fuck sake. 

Edited by Saint_Jonny
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Free transfer, can see the positives.  Still hate the way he left though.

Doesn't see like he's acknowledged how he left or given any sort of contrition which is a shame. Would have been a good opprtunity to address it for those who still have reservations and move on. 

Never expected to see him back in a Southampton shirt until a few weeks ago, so this still feels weird.

I grew up with the League One double promotion and JPT team, so when Lallana left after all his talk, it did hurt, but he was also a hero for a few years.

I'm doubting whether he's any good now, especially for the Premier League, but it's now up to the club to either answer or confirm those doubts, as it is with all transfers.

Doubts about age and fitness, but technically a perfect fit for RM style - totally two footed, experienced and calm on the ball, ideal for team trying to play good football when likely to be under pressure.

Similar qualities to Stu A, but if has a decent level of fitness several classes above in ability.

The post someone added earlier of two younger Brighton players talking about him perhaps also helps explain it.

RM clearly wanted to improve the positivity and volume in the changing room, and it worked last year.

He will be totally accepted of he plays well.

I'm not going to sulk about 10 years ago as I'm not 12! 

His move was annoying at the time but clearly a 100% success story for him.

• Like 5

It's a bit of a squad signing, only a year after which point he'll slip into coaching full time I'm sure. Replaces the voids left by Rothwell/Armstrong.

I was surprised to read that he actually made 30 apps for Brighton last year, I thought he barely played. Not that he did anything in them mind.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Badger said:

official site press release material. 

• Like 1

Used to have his name on my shirt. I was appalled by the way he left. A long way back to redemption as far as I am concerned.

Glad it’s only a year for a back up appointment. I can just about stomach that. 

3 minutes ago, musesaint said:

Used to have his name on my shirt. I was appalled by the way he left. A long way back to redemption as far as I am concerned.

Glad it’s only a year for a back up appointment. I can just about stomach that. 

Both sides were dicks. We acted like the pompous stuck up club we were becoming under Reed and Kruger, thinking we'd won football and cracked transfers. Lallana threw his toys out because we were making his leave difficult.

Both sides came out looking fairly silly at the time, but 10 years have gone now. Not really relevant anymore.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I don't see the point of him doing a photo shoot with a kit he'll never wear. Surely just stick a scarf round his neck.

I’d have gone for one of the Russ playoff t-shirts! Got thousands of those. 

Sounds from the interview that he would have signed regardless of the result vs Leeds.

Personally I think its a decent move. He is still a class technical player and I'm sure he will make occassional impacts which is what is expected of him.

Around the squad he will absolutely make an impact. Clearly respected by other pros and by accounts of very good managers has been a great influence. We lack senior players who have really been there and done it at PL level and he has only really been at clubs that have been successful so knows what it takes.

In our last couple of PL seasons we clearly had some bad eggs, players who probably didnt train well, who caused problems etc and I think he is the kind of player who will set standards and lead whilst being comfortsble that he may not be a key player on the pitch.

Cheap, low risk move - not much to lose IMO.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Both sides were dicks. We acted like the pompous stuck up club we were becoming under Reed and Kruger, thinking we'd won football and cracked transfers. Lallana threw his toys out because we were making his leave difficult.

Both sides came out looking fairly silly at the time, but 10 years have gone now. Not really relevant anymore.

Thanks for the balanced perspective, S-Clarke. I just remember him being a knob.

You knew he was joining as soon as his face was seen at Wembley. Think it'll turn out to be another Walcott signing. Uninspired, ineffective and are the players that got the team promoted really going to be encouraged by some has-been returning to a club for easy money? I doubt it.

• Like 2

Fuck me have we learnt nothing with the Walcott signing! Another player that's past it will offer nothing and couldn't wait to leave us at the first offer, why do saints always prioritise sentimentality over sound business sense!.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Fuck me have we learnt nothing with the Walcott signing! Another player that's past it will offer nothing and couldn't wait to leave us at the first offer, why do saints always prioritise sentimentality over sound business sense!.

It's sentimentality from the club, and just another fucking pay day for the players.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Lallana