Adam Lallana

Trader

Posted (edited)

I for one would be thrilled to see Adam Lallana come home 🙂 What happened before is in the past. He will bring so much experience and quality with him, that can only be good for us 🙂 he contributed so much before (all the goals and assists) as an academy graduate when we rose through the leagues under NA. 

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, davefizzy14 said:

I for one would be thrilled to see Adam Lallana come home 🙂 What happened before is in the past. He will bring so much experience and quality with him, that can only be good for us 🙂 he contributed so much before (all the goals and assists) as an academy graduate when we rose through the leagues under NA. 

All stuff we said about Walcott last time and look how that all worked out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I'm also leaning towards the "once bitten, twice shy" viewpoint on this, but I guess it could be argued that  one of the key differences between Walcott and Lallana is that Theo was more reliant on speed than Adam and that *could* be the difference between success and failure of this 'old boys' approach even though, in principle, it seems the same situation on the surface...?

Edited by trousers

23 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It might be a flop but Walcott not working out doesn't have any bearing on this at all. There's no correlation. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Just now, hypochondriac said:

It might be a flop but Walcott not working out doesn't have any bearing on this at all. There's no correlation. 

Yep, it's about of a non sequitur to suggest otherwise.

I don't know why people are getting so annoyed - he won't play much as he can't last games anymore - he'll be a bench option to open up games where we struggle (which we did a lot last season) and an experienced head on the bench. 

Also, yes he acted a bit badly, but the club weren't going to let him go and he had a chance to double his money - everyone else would do the same on here, and if you say you wouldn't you're a fucking liar. I seem to remember he did take out a full page advert to say goodbye because the club wouldn't let him, and he didn't have to do that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

It's not a rumour. I'm talking about the behaviour that everyone actually saw, even if you disregard the other stuff. The comments towards clyne, the signing of the Liverpool shirt, the full page in the Echo about himself. Like I said he came across as an arrogant prick which isn't unique amongst footballers but still is a reason why he isn't as well liked here as he could have been. 

What part his ad in the echo was "arrogant"? Seems perfectly respectable to me, and showed a lot of gratitude for what the club and the fans had done for him. 

lallana advert.jpg.article-642.jpg

Edited by egg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

I don't know why people are getting so annoyed - he won't play much as he can't last games anymore - he'll be a bench option to open up games where we struggle (which we did a lot last season) and an experienced head on the bench. 

Also, yes he acted a bit badly, but the club weren't going to let him go and he had a chance to double his money - everyone else would do the same on here, and if you say you wouldn't you're a fucking liar. I seem to remember he did take out a full page advert to say goodbye because the club wouldn't let him, and he didn't have to do that. 

Yep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

It shows that there’s no link between bringing back ageing has beens from a decade ago and any actual benefit on the pitch. That’s the non-sequitur here. Just blindly saying, “he’s a great, experienced guy to have in the dressing room,” doesn’t actually mean anything.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at Lallanas interviews regarding coaching playing etc .....comes across as a person that  sets high standards and is very demanding to be honest ...something that will help us next season in my opinion .

Edited by gammon cheeks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

How did Walcott "not work out"? He was signed for free as a squad player and provided valuable mentoring for the youthies (according to them) and was probably our best player in the second half of our relegation season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

How did Walcott "not work out"? He was signed for free as a squad player and provided valuable mentoring for the youthies (according to them) and was probably our best player in the second half of our relegation season.

He didn't play or contribute half as much as many people thought he would. Took a squad place from someone who may have had a greater influence in helping us stay up. I think that if you ran a poll, the vast majority would have considered him a poor signing on balance. 

• Like 4

Just now, hypochondriac said:

He didn't play or contribute half as much as many people thought he would. Took a squad place from someone who may have had a greater influence in helping us stay up. I think that if you ran a poll, the vast majority would have considered him a poor signing on balance. 

That's probably because people were delusionally expecting the Theo Walcott of 10 years earlier. He did what he was brought into do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, egg said:

What part his ad in the echo was "arrogant"? Seems perfectly respectable to me, and showed a lot of gratitude for what the club and the fans had done for him. 

Funny how the first post I responded to today was you accusing other people of "swallowing the BS". Priceless.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Adam Lallana will be brilliant for us next season because everyone said Sadio Mane was rubbish or something 

yep Mane was booed and criticised. If Lallana joins the fans will have a perfect scapegoat to start the season. I have no idea if Lallana will be any good for us but I have no doubt the decision will be carefully thought through. 
Anyway it’s given a few on here an offer to vent some negativity and bitterness after what has been a great season. We are in a decent financial situation it’s clear the management are aware of what is required and are prepared to back us.

Im not sure what else we can expect at this more.

I think it’s going to be an interesting PL season and it’s great to be part of it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, manji said:

yep Mane was booed and criticised. If Lallana joins the fans will have a perfect scapegoat to start the season. I have no idea if Lallana will be any good for us but I have no doubt the decision will be carefully thought through. 
Anyway it’s given a few on here an offer to vent some negativity and bitterness after what has been a great season. We are in a decent financial situation it’s clear the management are aware of what is required and are prepared to back us.

Im not sure what else we can expect at this more.

I think it’s going to be an interesting PL season and it’s great to be part of it. 

Great as in the greatest era in our history?

23 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Funny how the first post I responded to today was you accusing other people of "swallowing the BS". Priceless.

You either respect his gratitude, or you   suspect he lacks sincerity. If it's the latter, you're undoubtedly swayed by the clubs stance. 

18 hours ago, Colinjb said:

'Look lads, play well here and we can get you out ASAP.'

Players don't need Lallana to tell them that, we are a lower/midtable prem club, like 99% of players we sign or will sign will be thinking this. Southampton is no one's dream move.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

What? Obafemi, N’Lundulu and Mara. Where would they be without Walcott’s guidance?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, egg said:

You either respect his gratitude, or you   suspect he lacks sincerity. If it's the latter, you're undoubtedly swayed by the clubs stance. 

Swayed by his actual behaviour, including buying a fucking full page advert in the paper. Mainly that's for insurance companies and plumber's merchants.

Jolly sweet you're trying to pretend we're all saps "swallowing BS" fed to us by the evil football club but in reality some of us can make judgements on the information available.

But well done on being the all-knowing wise one in this. If only the rest of us could see the true picture like what you do 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

It’s 10yrs ago FFS get over it. Imagine holding a grudge for that long over something that didn’t actually affect you personally.

If that is directed at me, I can assure you I couldn't give a flying fuck about Adam Lallana but I will pick up on people dishing out bullshit on here because they know him or his mates. That's not 10 years ago, it's today x

This will all get moved or deleted soon anyway 👍

Edited by CB Fry

18 hours ago, egg said:

Sounds like you swallowed the BS from the club and it's still stuck in your throat. You need to cough up that resentment mate. 

LOL if only im fully aware of what was going on.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, egg said:

Are you his dad ? get back to the temple and dodgy hand shakes 

Lets talk about Lallana and Cortese shall we... thats exactly why the club hung him out to dry and rightly so.

Edited by SaintsLoyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Swayed by his actual behaviour, including buying a fucking full page advert in the paper. Mainly that's for insurance companies and plumber's merchants.

Jolly sweet you're trying to pretend we're all saps "swallowing BS" fed to us by the evil football club but in reality some of us can make judgements on the information available.

But well done on being the all-knowing wise one in this. If only the rest of us could see the true picture like what you do 👍👍👍

If only, but then you'd have to admit that you've got it wrong. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Are you his dad ? get back to the temple and dodgy hand shakes 

Lets talk about Lallana and Cortese shall we... thats exactly why the cdlub hung him out to dry and rightly so.

I'm always happy to talk about Cortese...pray tell your understanding of how that relates to Lallana leaving...my understanding is that Cortese had said that the club wouldn't stand in the way of him leaving...Cortese left, then the club did...

20 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

It’s 10yrs ago FFS get over it. Imagine holding a grudge for that long over something that didn’t actually affect you personally.

Yep... people are frothing at the mouth about him coming back, and he's probably kicking back on a sunbed somewhere with a Pina Colada oblivious to it. He doesn't give a fuck. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, egg said:

If only, but then you'd have to admit that you've got it wrong. 

Sure. Are you going to tell me that him taking an ad out in the Echo was "BS" I "swallowed" from the club as well?

1 minute ago, egg said:

Yep... people are frothing at the mouth about him coming back, and he's probably kicking back on a sunbed somewhere with a Pina Colada oblivious to it. He doesn't give a fuck. 

would you?

2 minutes ago, egg said:

You think he cares about fanboys like you defending his honour? ❤️❤️❤️

19 minutes ago, egg said:

I doubt many people on the football side were here when he left to go to Liverpool ten years ago

37 minutes ago, egg said:

And therein lies the problem 

Jason Steele might be a decent signing as a number 2 to a better one, on the basis we get rid of AMC and Bazunu is injured (thank god). Ramsdale would be a decent loan for a year. 

1 hour ago, EBS1980 said:

This. Who gives a fuck, he wanted to go to Liverpool just like any other pro would have. No one knows what was said behind the scenes and who promised who what anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Midfield_General said:

Just wait until we’re in the bottom three at Christmas, Russ is looking at the boot and the little rat fuck throws his hat into the ring for the manager’s job 

Rather him than a Rooney, Gerrard, or the like.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

And therein lies the problem 

My point was more the futility of resentment... poison for another which only harms you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

You think he cares about fanboys like you defending his honour? ❤️❤️❤️

Nope. But you do which I find odd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg said:

They really aren't. They are typing some words onto a screen. Some people aren't thrilled at the prospect of his return, either because they think he does t have much to offer or due to how he has acted previously. It's perfectly OK if you feel differently. You aren't going to change any minds with what you're doing. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can't wait for Lallana to turn up here, do a line of cocaine off of Russel Martin's cock and then call out all of the non-believer's mothers for the absolute whores that they are before he dons a Pompey shirt and shits on a Saints club crest. 

Edited by Saint_Jonny
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

If AL came back here and was able to improve us enough to avoid relegation then I (fickle hands up) could be persuaded to turn a blind eye to his crassness at the time of his departure. But I am not sure he is going to improve us that much (a la Walcott) and therefore, on balance, the gamble is not worth the unrest and uncertainty (nor the wages).

Edited by Long Shot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint_Jonny said:

I can't wait for Lallana to turn up here, do a line of cocaine off of Russel Martin's cock and then call out all of the non-believer's mothers for the absolute whores that they are before he dons a Pompey shirt and shits on a Saints club crest. 

You do well to type that without any mistakes if you’re that pissed or off your tits on some illegal substance mate

Fucking ell why is everyone still going on about Lallana..... if he signs and helps keep us up job done and fair play to the lad....... 

Take it to the bedroom ladies or another thread please.... 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Lallana