Adam Lallana

Trader

20 hours ago, stevegrant said:

Only a couple of weeks ago I made a graphic and posted it on here in good faith - within 5 minutes you'd taken it and posted it on your Twitter feed. Just because you didn't say "look at the data I compiled myself", that doesn't mean there's not an implied act of passing it off. You do this a lot, obfuscate everything so there's plausible deniability for anybody who hasn't seen you pulling this shit for years, and it's fucking tedious.

Looks like the swear filter has been updated !

Fucking brilliant, if so 😃 !

35 minutes ago, Shance said:

There's a reason why our fans still chant Lamberts name and why we still remember players like Mane fondly. There's a reason why our fans can't stand Lovren, Lallana and Fonte. There's a way of doing things and they did it wrong. lallana was the worst of them all as well.

How would Mane have acted had we told him we wouldn’t sell  for any price and insisted he completed another season? How would lambert have acted had we said no. I’m not sticking up for Lallana, just pointing out that others who left “properly “ only did so because they got what they wanted without causing a stink. They’re all disloyal at the end of the day, if they weren’t Rickie would have staying banging them in for Bristol Rovers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How would Mane have acted had we told him we wouldn’t sell  for any price and insisted he completed another season? How would lambert have acted had we said no. I’m not sticking up for Lallana, just pointing out that others who left “properly “ only did so because they got what they wanted without causing a stink. They’re all disloyal at the end of the day, if they weren’t Rickie would have staying banging them in for Bristol Rovers. 

Hopefully the same way Schniederlin did. Not happy but knuckled down and put in a great season. They are contracted to play for our club. If you want to move then you don't sign a huge 5 year contract literally 5 months prior to refusing to play. 

• Like 2

On 26/07/2020 at 15:05, Lord Duckhunter said:

Indeed. I suspect Mane would have gone full on Van Djik if we hadn't found it convenient to sell him at the time he wanted to be sold. I suppose if you are going to hold anyone up as a player who 'did it right' you'd have to look at Schneiderlin and even he had a hissy fit before knuckling down for a season and getting his move. The acid test is the knuckling down for a season bit if asked to do so. Lallanna, and Lovren weren't having it and we were too weak to resist, we tried to resist with Virgil and he acted the cunt until he got what he wanted anyway. Modern footballers.

Is this move a pre cursor to him and Henderson coming out as not only the Premier Leagues first gay footballers, but the first gay couple playing in it? 

I've seen plenty of videos of him with a sticky white substance on his face, it's not really a secret anymore. 

4 hours ago, stknowle said:

Indeed. I suspect Mane would have gone full on Van Djik if we hadn't found it convenient to sell him at the time he wanted to be sold. I suppose if you are going to hold anyone up as a player who 'did it right' you'd have to look at Schneiderlin and even he had a hissy fit before knuckling down for a season and getting his move. The acid test is the knuckling down for a season bit if asked to do so. Lallanna, and Lovren weren't having it and we were too weak to resist, we tried to resist with Virgil and he acted the cunt until he got what he wanted anyway. Modern footballers.

Mané did knuckle down for an extra season, could have gone to Man Utd in 2015. And this from a player who didn't really want to come here in the first place, he wanted to go to Klopp's Dortmund but that move fell through for some reason.

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Is this move a pre cursor to him and Henderson coming out as not only the Premier Leagues first gay footballers, but the first gay couple playing in it? 

I've seen plenty of videos of him with a sticky white substance on his face, it's not really a secret anymore. 

He does seem to take extra pleasure in goal celebrations. He always has a penchant for mounting his fellow teammates during them. Seriously.. he does.

On 25/07/2020 at 17:31, Matthew Le God said:

Sitting on the fence is the sensible thing to do if not provided with evidence either way.

I'm not saying he didn't leave on bad terms. But we can't really have a view on it until we know what happened.

Questioning rumour is preferable to blindly believing it!

I can't be bothered to even look for it now, but there was video footage of him while on England duty that summer, signing a young lad's Liverpool shirt while still supposedly the captain of Saints, and saying he hoped to join soon.

How much of a massive bellend would you have to be to assume that was OK?

(Rhetorical question, of course. Please don't go full MLG and ask me to give you all the variables before it can be quantified.)

5 minutes ago, Fookwit said:

No wonder Saints fans have a reputation for being fickle and the home form is poor 

some sad hateful people on here. 

Never mind Adam am sure you will enjoy cuddling your new manager. You can always FaceTime Hendo

Edited by Give it to Ron

On 27/07/2020 at 20:40, SuperSAINT said:

That explains why he was crying like a baby. He’s gone from earning stupid money for sitting on his arse, pretending to be part of a trophy winning side to having to actually do some work at shite club like Brighton.

9 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

The interview on the BBC Football page of him trying to justify why it’s a fantastic move for him is quite funny. 

Well it is, he has another decent lengthy contract in the PL at his age with his injury record. 

Not sure what motivation he has left though and will probably start well first couple of games then get injured and not do much for the rest of his contract.

Edited by skintsaint

His actual PL stats make for pretty poor reading, if anything he played better for England for a year or so. His send off and tearful interviews with Liverpool were embarrassing, especially when his contribution has been so minimal. Would be surprised if he does anything at Brighton n

On 01/08/2020 at 09:44, niceandfriendly said:

Good buy for Brighton no doubt. He's not going to set the world alight but he'll still cause problems against the crapper teams in the Prem. And at a decent club with a good manager, no wonder he's happy. Not saying we should have got him, but it seems a good fit for both sides

Been promised a coaching role in his final year as well. 

On 01/08/2020 at 09:44, niceandfriendly said:

Good buy for Brighton no doubt. He's not going to set the world alight but he'll still cause problems against the crapper teams in the Prem. And at a decent club with a good manager, no wonder he's happy. Not saying we should have got him, but it seems a good fit for both sides

I think it's a weird one and doesn't quite fit the way they play or their age profile. Way past his best, probably still thinks he's a bit above all this south coast stuff, and possibly just to gloss over imminent player sales. Definitely wouldn't want him at St Mary's either. Most odd.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, goodymatt said:

This is what I thought might have happened. Perhaps a gentleman’s agreement stopped by others leaving. Pretty sure the same happened with Schneiderlin. It’s a problem born out of the ‘stepping stone’ club position we used to attract players, with the players that were here already wanting some of same.

No doubt toys were thrown out of the pram. I recall a referee at the time saying Lallana had ‘changed’ after how he acted playing for us away at Everton. I didn’t like how he left, as our captain and one of our own etc. However you can’t just ignore what he achieved for us, sticking with us to get us from league one -10 to top 8 in the PL. You could argue by this time he owed us nothing, as much as it stung when he left. Ironically it actually funded our most successful period in my time watching us. 

For me it’s not that he left,  it’s how he left, but he had enough credit in the bank to not turn him into a villain for a decade.

I think the phrase used was that Lallana 'flipped like a burger when he heard Liverpool were interested'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, egg said:

Not at all. No flipping. I've never suggested that he was a complete angel. I've  highlighted a perspective that's been lost in the spin. 

I don't think anyone has forgotten the perspective that Adam Lallana was annoyed that the club called out him acting the prick and therefore did not give him the nice send off afforded to other players.

The idea we should all be thankful that he stayed on relegation is pretty fanciful as well. We paid him to stay, he did great out of it. I'm not buying that he did us some huge favour by staying, whatever him or his mates are telling you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, egg said:

And I'm pointing out that the source of the rumours were from within, and for their own reasons. Viewing it objectively, which I do, I stand by my position that Lallana has been hung out to dry, even if he wasn't a complete angel. Still a shit signing however you look at it. 

It's not a rumour. I'm talking about the behaviour that everyone actually saw, even if you disregard the other stuff. The comments towards clyne, the signing of the Liverpool shirt, the full page in the Echo about himself. Like I said he came across as an arrogant prick which isn't unique amongst footballers but still is a reason why he isn't as well liked here as he could have been. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I don't think anyone has forgotten the perspective that Adam Lallana was annoyed that the club called out him acting the prick and therefore did not give him the nice send off afforded to other players.

The idea we should all be thankful that he stayed on relegation is pretty fanciful as well. We paid him to stay, he did great out of it. I'm not buying that he did us some huge favour by staying, whatever him or his mates are telling you.

In actual fact, the idea that either himself or his mates are running cover for him - if true-and suggesting that he did us a favour by staying actually makes me dislike him more. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Until last summer I was still resentful of how Lallana (allegedly) left the club. It was the only one of 2 transfers that annoyed me. VVD can still rot in hell.

However, as I said, last summer after relegation I actually thought Lallana could be a left field appointment. To me it felt an opportunity for both. 

So for him to return now, with what seems a dual role, actually still makes a lot of sense. You can't put a price on experience and intelligence (he is very highly rated already and is well regarded within the FA).

It's a no brainer for me. But, it's just my opinion. 

Edited by Jaime
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Forgetting his history I’ve checked out AL’s stats from Brighton last season and they are hardly inspiring. 

He played and was sub about 35 something games  but his goal scoring or assist impact was negligible. He’s not a defensive mf either. I’d rather give our kids that spot frankly. 

His heat map for last season suggested he occupies the attacking mf inside left kind of position formerly occupied by “that’s why we sing this song for Stuart Armstrong “ .

Aside from the fact that there’s no fee involved all I can assume is that - if he comes - he is going to be on a much reduced wage and it’s more coaching than playing. He’s arguably describable nowadays as an older Rothwell without the goals or tackling. 
No disrespect to his clearly stellar and outstanding achievements as a player and England international when he was not 36 of course..

• Like 1

I’m pretty ambivalent about AL returning but there’s two issues here that are worth remembering. Firstly he’ll bring some significant experience both on and off the pitch. Secondly and there’s no doubt about this, he will be on a much reduced salary. If the latter isn’t the case, which I doubt, then for me I wouldn’t consider bringing him back.

2 hours ago, egg said:

That's the killer point for me. Putting 2014 aside, I don't see what he brings as a player in 2024. 

And that should be the focus. I'm struggling with what he would bring that we haven't got already and I worry that the togetherness that has been created could be upset by brining in someone that a) no-one understands why he's here, b) splits the fan base and c) takes up a squad place.

Personally I think AL was in the wrong but that was then and I really can't add anything to what has been written already. Only to say if I hear or see statements from him when he joins along the lines of joining his spiritual home (or crap along those lines) I think (apart from throwing up) I will put more credence to the stories that came from the club about the player that had just said he was going to stay with us for years to come (signing a very lucrative 5 year deal) and was made captain.

• Like 1

I don't want AL back. If I thought he was going to add something significant I might but he's using us to end his career based on his past with us and I don't think the attitude with which he left us warrants that. Still, if he has signed, which it looks like he has, then I'll chuck all that out the window and support him.

58 minutes ago, gio1saints said:

Forgetting his history I’ve checked out AL’s stats from Brighton last season and they are hardly inspiring. 

He played and was sub about 35 something games  but his goal scoring or assist impact was negligible. He’s not a defensive mf either. I’d rather give our kids that spot frankly. 

His heat map for last season suggested he occupies the attacking mf inside left kind of position formerly occupied by “that’s why we sing this song for Stuart Armstrong “ .

Aside from the fact that there’s no fee involved all I can assume is that - if he comes - he is going to be on a much reduced wage and it’s more coaching than playing. He’s arguably describable nowadays as an older Rothwell without the goals or tackling. 
No disrespect to his clearly stellar and outstanding achievements as a player and England international when he was not 36 of course..

Ignore the stats. I’ve seen him a few times this season and he’s still more than capable at performing at premier league level. He won’t last more than 60 minutes but can be an asset for us if used appropriately, which I’m sure will be the case. 

1 minute ago, notnowcato said:

Ignore the stats. I’ve seen him a few times this season and he’s still more than capable at performing at premier league level. He won’t last more than 60 minutes but can be an asset for us if used appropriately, which I’m sure will be the case. 

How do you see that working? Starting and coming off early in the second half seems a bit pointless, and probably disruptive. We need players who can come straight into the team, improve us, and last the match. 

• Like 1

I was telling someone about his horrific statement in the echo the other day. Got it up on my phone and read it, it was nowhere near as bad as I remembered. Not pretending it was great but funny how things read differently depending on emotions at the time 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, egg said:

How do you see that working? Starting and coming off early in the second half seems a bit pointless, and probably disruptive. We need players who can come straight into the team, improve us, and last the match. 

In the current era only 50% of (outfield) players play the full 90 minutes, and it's usually the attackers who get subbed (nearer 100%). Usually 3 at 60 minutes. Not saying I agree with it but it's a fact, not many attacking players play start to finish these days.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Lallana