Adam Lallana

Trader

3 minutes ago, djharvey said:

You're sitting on the fence being a total tool then aren't you!

He left on bad terms ffs!

Sitting on the fence is the sensible thing to do if not provided with evidence either way.

I'm not saying he didn't leave on bad terms. But we can't really have a view on it until we know what happened.

Questioning rumour is preferable to blindly believing it!

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

What’s he fucking crying for? Soppy Judas twat, something wrong with his head.

Ridiculous. You see people struggling in interviews like that when the subject is a close relative that has just died, not a footballer who has just been voted player of the season.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Sitting on the fence is the sensible thing to do if not provided with evidence either way.

I'm not saying he didn't leave on bad terms. But we can't really have a view on it until we know what happened.

Questioning rumour is preferable to blindly believing it!

You're never going to see the "evidence" that you want to see. Firstly, you have a history of taking stuff from here (and other places online) and passing it off elsewhere as your own; secondly, why would anybody in any sort of position of trust with somebody else breach that trust by providing details that could/would identify them?

If you choose not to believe that Lallana left on bad terms because of the way he acted, that's up to you. The rest of us will get on with our lives quite comfortably without it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My Snap dragon works with a close member of his family, and she’s told the SD the reason he wanted to go, the money on offer and the fact he regrets the hate from Southampton. She obviously didn’t say “Adam acted like a wanker to get his move”. From the clubs pronouncements it’s obvious something went on and he didn’t leave in the correct manner. However, I’m of the opinion nearly every single player is capable of behaving like this. Ricky lambert left in the proper manner, but his dream move was pretty much waved through. How would he have acted had we said no? Who knows.

Anyway, we are where we are. Bridges burned. It’s just a shame that the promotion team which gave us such a wonderful 2 years has a member not welcomed here. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

If you choose not to believe that Lallana left on bad terms because of the way he acted, that's up to you. 

That is not what I've done. Withholding believe until evidence is provided is not the same as denying there is evidence.

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

My Snap dragon works with a close member of his family, and she’s told the SD the reason he wanted to go, the money on offer and the fact he regrets the hate from Southampton. She obviously didn’t say “Adam acted like a wanker to get his move”. From the clubs pronouncements it’s obvious something went on and he didn’t leave in the correct manner. However, I’m of the opinion nearly every single player is capable of behaving like this. Ricky lambert left in the proper manner, but his dream move was pretty much waved through. How would he have acted had we said no? Who knows.

Anyway, we are where we are. Bridges burned. It’s just a shame that the promotion team which gave us such a wonderful 2 years has a member not welcomed here. 

The very modern "sorry you were offended" rather than being sorry for the act that caused offence in the first place.

Ultimately, until he says he regrets the way in which he acted, rather than regretting that we didn't like it, I don't see a great deal of change in his portrayal among the fanbase.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

I've done no such thing. Anything I've put from here on Twitter I have not claimed I made. 

Only a couple of weeks ago I made a graphic and posted it on here in good faith - within 5 minutes you'd taken it and posted it on your Twitter feed. Just because you didn't say "look at the data I compiled myself", that doesn't mean there's not an implied act of passing it off. You do this a lot, obfuscate everything so there's plausible deniability for anybody who hasn't seen you pulling this shit for years, and it's fucking tedious.

• Like 3

Yeah he acted like a twat when he moved, and he admitted having regrets about it. 

But I can help but feel Les made him promises that he then refused to keep when he signed the new contract a few months earlier......

1 hour ago, darren2 said:

Yeah he acted like a twat when he moved, and he admitted having regrets about it. 

But I can help but feel Les made him promises that he then refused to keep when he signed the new contract a few months earlier......

Absolute bollocks! Anything that was promised or expected would have been within the contract ffs!

Lallana was a great player for saints and I’m not that arsed how he left the club as most players will follow the money. I think we all know Lallana just doesn’t fit with our style of player and the demands of the manager regardless of how he left the club. Interestingly most BHA fans are choosing to ignore the fitness concerns and think Saints fans are secretly disappointed to have missed out. Strange bunch really. 

7 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

Lallana was a great player for saints and I’m not that arsed how he left the club as most players will follow the money. I think we all know Lallana just doesn’t fit with our style of player and the demands of the manager regardless of how he left the club. Interestingly most BHA fans are choosing to ignore the fitness concerns and think Saints fans are secretly disappointed to have missed out. Strange bunch really. 

Yep, my view as well. Not bothered about 2014 and no axe to grind but at 32 not suited to Ralph’s style or system. Ralph wants a level of intensity in the press that was never Adam’s game even when he was a Saints player. If he starts well there will be a few moaning on here but have to look at the 2-4 year picture. Have good memories of him as a Saints player but no regrets at him going to Brighton.

Our strategy has to be buying Mane-like gems with express pace in their early 20s to develop and make a big profit on, that’s how the club rebuilds. 

Two year contract would been the maximum I’d have considered if I was Potter, three is a risk at three but I guess BHA are thinking he might do enough in the first 18 months to fund the high wages and could move into a coaching role earlier if his body doesn’t hold up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, View From The Top said:

Plus a 7 figure signing on fee so the rumours say.

Id say so. Usually when a player goes on a free they look for a whopping contract citing this as justified as the club havent had to pay a transfer fee

It would have been nice to see him return for no other reason than seeing the Northam End swaying in unison to the chorus of

He plays on the left

He plays on the riiiiiiiggght 

Adam Lallana makes Messi look shite 

23 minutes ago, JRM said:

It would have been nice to see him return for no other reason than seeing the Northam End swaying in unison to the chorus of

He plays on the left

He plays on the riiiiiiiggght 

Adam Lallana makes Messi look shite 

You could guarantee saps like MLG would have lapped it up.

In terms of all things Lallana, if you know, you know. There’s so much I could say about him as a youngster, about his ‘wife’, about his exit, about his sister... but it’s not for a public forum. 

59 minutes ago, LGTL said:

In terms of all things Lallana, if you know, you know. There’s so much I could say about him as a youngster, about his ‘wife’, about his exit, about his sister... but it’s not for a public forum. 

not asking for details but what are you inferring? Good things about said family members? The exit? and why wife in quatation marks? do you know facts or hinting at rumour? 

1 hour ago, LGTL said:

Is this sort of inuendo allowed?. It is the lowest form of gossip without evidence. Horrible

20 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Isn’t it time to move on from this.

He left because he had a chance to treble his wages play for England more often plus to win something which he would never get with us.

I reckon 99.9% of us on here would of done the same thing if they were blocking you from leaving in the first place.

99.9% of us wouldn’t have said a few weeks earlier that we loved being here, being captain and that we wanted to see out the rest of our career at saints. 
It’s not what he did, it’s how he did it. 

5 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

99.9% of us wouldn’t have said a few weeks earlier that we loved being here, being captain and that we wanted to see out the rest of our career at saints. 
It’s not what he did, it’s how he did it. 

Don't forget the badege kissing.

That said, is there any possibility, no matter how slim, that some of the publicity surrounding his departure was a Les Reed inspired spin ? Think this has been covered regarding other players leaving, and like most the truth is somewhere in between. 

Question though, where did the 'ignoring my phone calls' come from ?

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Also that interview is hilarious 🤣 he acts like he played a pivotal role in their success 🤣🤣 

Although we can mock and take the p!ss about his limited role in the L/pool successes as he's been a bit part player over the last couple of seasons the fact is he'll retire with both a Champions League winners medal, and League title. More than Gerrad and Carragher can boast.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Although we can mock and take the p!ss about his limited role in the L/pool successes as he's been a bit part player over the last couple of seasons the fact is he'll retire with both a Champions League winners medal, and League title. More than Gerrad and Carragher can boast.

I watched their matches too, where’s my medals? 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

He will but he must also know that he had very little to do with actually winning either....as will everyone else. Its a hollow victory for him really but he probably has convinced himself hes earned it.

25 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

He will but he must also know that he had very little to do with actually winning either....as will everyone else. Its a hollow victory for him really but he probably has convinced himself hes earned it.

But that nice Mr Klopp has blown sunshine up his backside by saying publicly this season that AL has been an integral part of the success at Liverpool.

Unlike that Tommy Fourpast by comparison who got himself front and centre of the dressing room images singing “we are going up” when we got promoted back to the premier league - not one person at the club had a positive word to say about that bloke. 

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Yeah, imagine him showing his medals to his grandkids one day and them going "oh wow! How many goals did you score that season? Oh...did you play in the final? Oh.......did you play at all?" 

27 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

But that nice Mr Klopp has blown sunshine up his backside by saying publicly this season that AL has been an integral part of the success at Liverpool.

Unlike that Tommy Fourpast by comparison who got himself front and centre of the dressing room images singing “we are going up” when we got promoted back to the premier league - not one person at the club had a positive word to say about that bloke. 

I'll never forget seeing him sing the Barnard chant right next to him and at the "he's wanted by Scotland yard" bit, Barnard looking at him like he was a dead man.

We all enjoyed is ability to ghost past players etc but his shooting ability was lame , he should have been doing shooting practice long after everyone had gone home. His departure was poor whatever you say but his ball skills were inspiring and lightened up a match.

No way would he fit in with the current team / system so Brighton it is but will he fit in a small club ??

My first reaction was that it would be worth having Lallana back on a free transfer.  I don't go along with the idea that football players should forgo the chance to accumulate the sort of wealth most people can only dream about, by playing for another team.   Fans have loyalty to clubs but it doesn't cost us anything whereas loyalty could cost players a fortune.  If Pompy offered Saints' fans a 100K annual salary to attend all their football matches, not many Saints fans would refuse, and that's a lot less money than entices players to move clubs.     

But on second thoughts, I'm not sure Lallana is right for Southampton now.  He's a player on the way down.  If there's a space in the squad, I'd rather see it taken by an Academy player.    

21 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

As long as he's fit I'd imagine he'd be a starter for them. He'll be on huge wages for the next 3 years so using him from the bench doesn't really make sense.

I believe that is the deal. That he is regular starter not a squad filler. He will likely come down on his wages to compensate for that guarantee.

20 minutes ago, Professor said:

Fans have loyalty to clubs but it doesn't cost us anything whereas loyalty could cost players a fortune.

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with this bit. Cost me a fortune over the years. At least three pints worth this afternoon alone, if I can get the pub to show Sky channel 145...

Like has been said many times before in this thread, nobody expects Saints to keep top players that are wanted by bigger clubs. If you want to leave though then do it respectfully. There's a reason why our fans still chant Lamberts name and why we still remember players like Mane fondly. There's a reason why our fans can't stand Lovren, Lallana and Fonte. There's a way of doing things and they did it wrong. lallana was the worst of them all as well.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Adam Lallana