Welcome Back!

stevegrant

2 hours ago, Alanh said:

The new site is great.  The instructions above work well on Chrome on my desktop PC.  Any idea why the circle or star to the left of the thread heading isn't showing up when I view on the forum on my mobile or tablet - Both using Android Chrome?

Both circle and star show for me on mobile phone with Android Chrome.

On 06/07/2020 at 12:21, Whitey Grandad said:

One thing I miss is a post counter, that is something in each post to show where it is in the sequence and how many posts have gone before. 

Also, being able to see how may posts you have in a specific thread, and seeing how many posts had been made by different users in the thread. Could sometimes be a good indication of a thread to avoid if it were made of a majority of posts from A, B, C or one of their alter egos...

But can easily live without it.

All in all, thanks to those who set this up, and keep it running, an invaluable source of info to us exiles. So much better than waiting for the Evening Echo to drop through the door in the late 1960's/early 70's.

47 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

I'm intrigued as to how some people have different mobile views - mine is just a slimmed-down version of the desktop one, but seems like some are getting a "card" effect for each topic. 

Screenshot_20200708-102652.jpg

I have same as yours Steve for my Galaxy A40

1 hour ago, stevegrant said:

I'm intrigued as to how some people have different mobile views - mine is just a slimmed-down version of the desktop one, but seems like some are getting a "card" effect for each topic. 

Screenshot_20200708-102652.jpg

The 'card effect' seems to only be for the 'activity' view (which is what I'm using). I get the same as you if I switch to the traditional forum view...

Screenshot_20200708-113558.png

Screenshot_20200708-113854.png

Edited by trousers

I'm probably just being a thicko but...how do you insert an image into a post? Looks like you can't upload directly so tried putting it on imgur and the like, copied the URL but once pasted never seems to like it. Can't seem to find any instruction anywhere.

Edited by 100%Red&White

38 minutes ago, 100%Red&White said:

I'm probably just being a thicko but...how do you insert an image into a post? Looks like you can't upload directly so tried putting it on imgur and the like, copied the URL but once pasted never seems to like it. Can't seem to find any instruction anywhere.

Imgur should be fine - you need to ensure the URL you paste into the editor is the one with the file extension at the end (i.e. .png, .jpg, .gif, etc), and not just a link to the Imgur page. Once you've pasted the URL, the editor should automatically convert that URL to the image and show it in the editor.

1 hour ago, stevegrant said:

Imgur should be fine - you need to ensure the URL you paste into the editor is the one with the file extension at the end (i.e. .png, .jpg, .gif, etc), and not just a link to the Imgur page. Once you've pasted the URL, the editor should automatically convert that URL to the image and show it in the editor.

OK, ta - thought it was probably down to user error!

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 16:36, Bob Belcher said:

Admittedly just a lurker on the old forum, but loving the look of this one. With that being said, do you have to subscribe in order to add a profile picture? Cheers.

Doesn't look like you're going to get a qualified answer but I think you're probably correct from the looks of it.

On 10/07/2020 at 16:36, Bob Belcher said:

Admittedly just a lurker on the old forum, but loving the look of this one. With that being said, do you have to subscribe in order to add a profile picture? Cheers.

Afraid so.

4 hours ago, Gingeletiss said:

Well, I 4-1 think this is a vast improvement. The only sad thing is, the prediction league had vanished, and I was in 3rd place. 

I'll aim to get it back up and running ASAP, but developing extensions for this software is a much bigger task than it was on the old place.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 12:21, Whitey Grandad said:

One thing I miss is a post counter, that is something in each post to show where it is in the sequence and how many posts have gone before. 

Totally agree !

I like the new site a lot but numbering was always a great help for referring back to quote a post. Ie. I wanted to read to the end of this thread before going back to yours and it was not so easy without the number !

I'm no tekkie but I wouldn't have thought that this was too difficult, anyway I have faith in Stevie G and it will be looked at in the fullness of time, no doubt 😃!

14 hours ago, eurosaint said:

Totally agree !

I like the new site a lot but numbering was always a great help for referring back to quote a post. Ie. I wanted to read to the end of this thread before going back to yours and it was not so easy without the number !

I'm no tekkie but I wouldn't have thought that this was too difficult, anyway I have faith in Stevie G and it will be looked at in the fullness of time, no doubt 😃!

I'm sure SG is busy working on this, as we speak. 👍

On 19/07/2020 at 17:31, trousers said:

Much prefer the new forum but, is it me or does it struggle with performance at the end of games? A few times now it's seized up for me for about 10 minutes after the final whistle. @stevegrant

Lots of 502 Bad Gateways yesterday and today too, I guess the new site can't handle the higher traffic peaks as much as the old one.

Working on some things today.

Essentially the old server was far too expensive compared to the revenue the site generates these days, so it's all been streamlined. For the most part it copes with the load, but there are occasional spikes that are causing some issues which I'm hoping to iron out today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevegrant said:

Working on some things today.

Essentially the old server was far too expensive compared to the revenue the site generates these days, so it's all been streamlined. For the most part it copes with the load, but there are occasional spikes that are causing some issues which I'm hoping to iron out today.

cfaa63695bbecc4f6f721d86f1ed9e84?AccessKeyId=2CB258F02A0FB9225000&disposition=0&alloworigin=1