Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

11 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

Almost certainly.  £11m seems extortionate, but when you think Barkley is probably on £6-7m a year it seems the going rate for a proven prem player

Exactly. They won’t be paying an £11m loan fee. It’ll be his wages around what you say +£5m loan fee which sounds a lot but no different to one year instalment on a £20m player on a 4 year contract. And if he’s crap you can send him back.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Exactly. They won’t be paying an £11m loan fee. It’ll be his wages around what you say +£5m loan fee which sounds a lot but no different to one year instalment on a £20m player on a 4 year contract. And if he’s crap you can send him back.

Turkish you got anymore inklings as to who our top target is? 

Edited by davefizzy14

Just now, davefizzy14 said:

Turkishcyou got anymore inklings as to who our top target is? 

I’m not allowed to say mate, people Don’t like my “joke” they’re even pretending Im repeating it over and over again despite me not mentioning anything for months,  they are that distorted with jealousy and bitterness. Sorry but you’re one of the good guys having to miss out because of the vocal, bitter minority 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Read on one site that RLC has never been the same since a bad injury despite Lampard claiming he is as fit as a fiddle and ready to play. If true would explain why they are happy to let him go out on loan.

It's true to a degree - he ruptured his Achillies right at the very end of 18/19, and would've probably missed all of last season if lockdown hadn't happened.

"Never been the same" is a bit premature; he's only made three starts since the injury and hasn't completed 90 minutes yet. It's a long way back from the injury he had - that's primarily why Chelsea want to loan him out: he needs game-time and lots of it, and they can't afford to give him the minutes here and there when they're under pressure to win every week.

I don't think it would be a good loan on a few grounds. Regardless of the serious injury he's slowly coming back from, he's had a poor fitness record all his career. Mainly, though, I just can't picture him fitting into Hasenhuttl's tactics as he doesn't work off the ball. He's a stroller.

Would be an odd gamble.

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m not allowed to say mate, people Don’t like my “joke” they’re even pretending Im repeating it over and over again despite me not mentioning anything for months,  they are that distorted with jealousy and bitterness. Sorry but you’re one of the good guys having to miss out because of the vocal, bitter minority 

Send us all a PM.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

It's true to a degree - he ruptured his Achillies right at the very end of 18/19, and would've probably missed all of last season if lockdown hadn't happened.

"Never been the same" is a bit premature; he's only made three starts since the injury and hasn't completed 90 minutes yet. It's a long way back from the injury he had - that's primarily why Chelsea want to loan him out: he needs game-time and lots of it, and they can't afford to give him the minutes here and there when they're under pressure to win every week.

I don't think it would be a good loan on a few grounds. Regardless of the serious injury he's slowly coming back from, he's had a poor fitness record all his career. Mainly, though, I just can't picture him fitting into Hasenhuttl's tactics as he doesn't work off the ball. He's a stroller.

Would be an odd gamble.

I agree

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

Read on one site that RLC has never been the same since a bad injury despite Lampard claiming he is as fit as a fiddle and ready to play. If true would explain why they are happy to let him go out on loan.

A bit like Ings wasn't (initially) the same after his major injuries...?

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

“I’m not allowed.......” , classic teenager strop.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

For a start, he's actually a No.6.

5 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Grujic is a genuine defensive midfielder but also has a goal in him. The Hertha manager said that he's one of the best midfielders they have had. If we don't end up going for Diallo I'd take him over anyone else mentioned so far.

I’m sold, get it done Saints!

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Odds are impacted by random fans seeing rumours and putting money on it, then that snowballs as other fans see odds shortening and thinking it means something is happening even if it isn't. It really is not a good way of determining if a transfer is likely to happen.

I’m a semi pro gambler, agree the snowballing could have effect.. but it can also work the other way around and could be short due to itk people backing because they have info.

what I will say though the West Ham rumours have been at least as strong as ours so why no rumours snow balling effect for them?

to me there is such a big difference I think there may be something in this 

12 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I’m a semi pro gambler, agree the snowballing could have effect.. but it can also work the other way around and could be short due to itk people backing because they have info.

what I will say though the West Ham rumours have been at least as strong as ours so why no rumours snow balling effect for them?

to me there is such a big difference I think there may be something in this 

Good luck arguing with MLG !

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

The Telegraph Tweet was basically that we've considered him.  Nothing about it being a live transfer.

According to 20 sources and numerous papers we’ve considered everybody but we couldn’t raise the money to afford them.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

All of the good ITKs don't post here any more, and you can see why.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Minsk said:

Stupidly came here to find transfer rumours, but mostly have just seen dick waving by Turkish and his antagonists. Such a bore.

Desperately hoping for a proper DM to come in, and hopefully an AM to replace Boufal.

Check your DM's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Minsk said:

Stupidly came here to find transfer rumours, but mostly have just seen dick waving by Turkish and his antagonists. Such a bore.

Desperately hoping for a proper DM to come in, and hopefully an AM to replace Boufal.

Morning Minsk, there are several rumours you just have to look up the thread rather than get all upset about other posters. Love a good post when there is no news that people are complaining that no one is the discussing the news. Unfortunately I guess the lack of news means a number of posters have made this thread about me, so if you want to blame anyone then take it up with the apostates on here. 

25 minutes ago, DT said:

Meltdown predicted when we lose to West Brom        Bracing for Ings sale to balance books. Surely not. They couldn’t, could they? Come on Saints. Sign a midfielder today. 

Nah we’ve been here before. we’ll beat West Brom and then Ralph will say it shows how strong the squad is and we didn’t need to bring anyone in anyway as he’s happy with it. The cheerleaders will applaud and use this as evidence despite Ralph saying many times previously we need to do something. Best off not panic buying and waiting until the January window to assess things. 

• Like 1

I'm slightly worried that there are no credible links/rumours for us, but plenty for our 'rivals'. The Veerman one has gone quiet as well.

There are literally 2 working days left, what an absolute shower we are. Still.

Still, time to prove us all wrong...!

Edited by S-Clarke

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

I'm slightly worried that there are no credible links/rumours for us, but plenty for our 'rivals'. The Veerman one has gone quiet as well.

There are literally 2 working days left, what an absolute shower we are. Still.

Still, time to prove us all wrong...!

I agree.  Stuff can happen fast (Yoshida, for example) but I’d rather we’d be hearing about a medical by now. 

As was mentioned, nothing with this one can be that close as he played (very well) last night.

Good player, 24, used to pressing style. Liverpool fans rate him. A threat from set pieces too.

Edited by Dusic

Seriously, if we don’t sign at least a permanent replacement midfielder for Hojbjerg in this window, I really don’t think expectations should be put on Ralph to continue to pull rabbits out of hats and achieve much more than survival with this squad. Whilst we know big money signings are not the be all and end all, it’s worrying that the other teams we are competing with in the mid to lower part of the table seem so much more able than us to sign players to improve their squad options. We really do seem to have regressed to being the paupers of the premier league under Gao.

It’s unavoidably noticeable how threadbare our squad is now when you look at our bench, caused by a gradual downgrading of our quality outside the first 11 over the last few seasons. A lack of quality coming through from the youth teams obviously hasn’t helped either. We’ve been fortunate lately with injuries but that luck will surely come to an end soon, especially given the high energy style Ralph employs, which should make it even more important to have decent backup options available to give the first 11 a rest.

Oh well, let’s hope we still have irons in a few fires but can’t say I’m confident!

17 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

You've not seen him play then? He is a decent DM.

id say he is the best player we have been linked with in the Number 6 role to be fair. If we got him for £15m and a loan maybe RLC or RS id be happy with our window. 

*Obs a big "if"

Edited by wild-saint

38 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Awful deal for me. Has played barely any first team football, only in the championship, and even there has worse goals+assists per game stats the Che Adams, McBurnie, Maupay ect. And he goes for £23.5m with a massive sell on clause and a buy back option?! Liverpool have robbed them blind, it's Ibe/Solanke style deals all over again, who ever is in chance of selling needs a raise fast.

Edited by TWar

37 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I thought I read comments posted on here from someone at Saints, the manager even, that basically said he ain't ready for Prem football yet - doesn't have the legs or the defensive facets required.