Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

30 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Crikey.

Seems incredibly steep for a player who managed 5 goals and 6 assists last season (for reference Armstrong got 5 goals and 3 assists with 300 less minutes and cost us 7m). If this is where they are going to replace Zaha I think they may struggle.

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

AC Milan were in talks for Matty Cash in January, but couldn't agree a fee. Clearly has some big admirers all over the continent and Forest fans love him.

I don’t know how well funded Forest are with Covid etc. But a lot of their fans think £12m is a stupidly low number. 

We’ve been linked with him before, I’m sure. 

2 hours ago, CB Fry said:

We're getting left behind.

Just got a text from my contact, seems like things are happening. I can’t say much but I can share the following....

Salisu is done, work permit due this week. We’re also close to signing talented Spanish full back from Spain.

Hojbjerg move to spurs getting closer but spurs yet to meet our valuation,  once it’s done expect us to move for a VERY highly rated American playing in the bundesliga , he wouldn’t give me his name but I understand he’s a top player. Club still keen on KWP but may look elsewhere, he thinks Ralph is a fan of Cash at Forest.

other news hoedt may be off to a Belgian club, no further news on Vestergaard leaving but club think he will go and when he does we will replace. 

also expect two key players to sign new contracts soon. 

I’ll share any other snippets soon as I am allowed to tell them.

• Haha 6

Obviously we wouldn't need KWP and Cash so will be interesting to see what happens.

By all accounts Cash is a good player, hence other PL interest, but we know KWP fits to our system so hopefully we can agree a deal for him.

Interesting that both would cost easily double what our seeming first choice (Zeefuik) would have done if he wanted to join.

Edited by Dusic

3 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Obviously we wouldn't need KWP and Cash so will be interesting to see what happens.

By all accounts Cash is a good player, hence other PL interest, but we know KWP fits to our system so hopefully we can agree a deal for him.

Interesting that both would cost easily double what our seeming first choice (Zeefuik) would have done if he wanted to join.

Talk in the media today that West Ham have their eyes on KWP.

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just got a text from my contact, seems like things are happening. I can’t say much but I can share the following....

Salisu is done, work permit due this week. We’re also close to signing talented Spanish full back from Spain.

Hojbjerg move to spurs getting closer but spurs yet to meet our valuation,  once it’s done expect us to move for a VERY highly rated American playing in the bundesliga , he wouldn’t give me his name but I understand he’s a top player. Club still keen on KWP but may look elsewhere, he thinks Ralph is a fan of Cash at Forest.

other news hoedt may be off to a Belgian club, no further news on Vestergaard leaving but club think he will go and when he does we will replace. 

👍👍👍These updates are really helpful and massively appreciated by me and I am sure most people on the forum. 

Sometimes I would understand it if you simply stopped but please don't listen to those ungrateful people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TWar said:

Would people prefer we sign Cash or KWP? Personally ideally I'd see us sell Hojbjerg ASAP for max money and buy Cash, then use the money to sign McKennie. Stop messing about with spurs.

If Hoj wants Spurs then our hands are tied, we have to hold our nerve and wait for them to offer near what we want.

25 minutes ago, TWar said:

Would people prefer we sign Cash or KWP? Personally ideally I'd see us sell Hojbjerg ASAP for max money and buy Cash, then use the money to sign McKennie. Stop messing about with spurs.

I’m sure we would love to do that too!

35 minutes ago, Dusic said:

31 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Talk in the media today that West Ham have their eyes on KWP.

When I saw these reports today, the cynic in me suspected that Spurs had placed the West Ham interest in KWP to put pressure on us to pay up, while we had put the Cash rumour out there to indicate that we are looking elsewhere for a right back .......   

13 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

When I saw these reports today, the cynic in me suspected that Spurs had placed the West Ham interest in KWP to put pressure on us to pay up, while we had put the Cash rumour out there to indicate that we are looking elsewhere for a right back .......   

Why would a business with hundreds of millions of turnover think a newspaper rumour would influence a multi million pound business transaction? They'd need to be extremely gullible to fall for that.

Edited by Matthew Le God

47 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

👍👍👍These updates are really helpful and massively appreciated by me and I am sure most people on the forum. 

Sometimes I would understand it if you simply stopped but please don't listen to those ungrateful people.

Is there a record for the longest thread of troll posts in a row?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why would a business with hundreds of millions of turnover think a newspaper rumour would influence a multi million pound business transaction? They'd need to be extremely gullible to fall for that.

I agree, they shouldn't be influenced. But, in any negotiation there is always bluff and counter bluff and any angle might be pursued to get a competitive advantage.  I thought the earlier newspaper headlines "Saints have accepted a £25m offer from Everton" was already an example where this technique has already been attempted, but with a direct line to Hojbjerg that was easily dispelled. 

Just because it is a clumsy technique it doesn't mean that it isn't being tried .....  whether anybody falls for it, doesn't mean that it isn't being attempted. 

37 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

My first thoughts too. 

The Cash interest doesn’t make sense at the price it would take, compared to KWP. 

Edited by ErwinK1961

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Cheers Turkish, one of the few genuine ITK posters left.  Does your insider have anything on Vestergaard?

• Like 1

Thanks for the snippets Turkish :) do you know if we are still pursuing the Celtic midfielder? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

You ask this all the time. It gets more laughable every time.  I have seen you on this very board every season get sucked into discussing and thinking about potential signings Saints or other clubs might make based on newspaper rumours. Why you think the people doing these transaction wouldn't hear these rumours or have these thoughts cross their minds when negotiating deals genuinely baffles me. If you think that chairman or whoever do these deals are not trying to call each others bluffs when trying to save a few quid then you are deluded. Rumours in the media can plant seeds of doubt into sellers or buyers minds, interest in players can be used to bump up prices or interest in other players can be used to quicken up deals.

Football clubs could not give one single fuck about fans. If you think they are leaking transfer rumours to their selected journalists just to keep your little mind updated and occupied then god help you pal. 

😆nice!

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

We might if we've decided to offload Valery...

19 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

We might if we've decided to offload Valery...

We won't offload Valery and even if we did we wouldn't be spending up to £15m on a backup RB.

I hope we get KWP. He has proven his suitability, which would be rare for a Saints signing as so often we require adjustment from either a different country, lesser league, or both.

KWP is as close to a no-brainer signing as Saints will be able to make, and IMO about £15m is reasonable fee.

6 minutes ago, igsey said:

Sounds good, get KWP over the line for £10m and then tell them to cough up £25m for Hoj or get lost.

The same person has said that we’ve agreed a fee of £18m (and he has agreed a £60k pw contract)

Not a chance they’d agree £10m without sorting PEH first.

16 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Hoj for 18m?

KWP for 10m?

thats decent if correct

So Hojbjerg isn't getting a pay rise? Don't think so. 

As said, club isn't happy with the way Hojbjerg is holding them hostage, but then we have a large sell on percentage (on profit) so in actual fact not losing that much compared to other potential bids. 

Also looks like Cash is the Championship defender I said we were interested in last week - not sure whether we'll pony up the money for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6