Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The problem with Danso was he isn't up to playing as a centre back at this level.... let alone at fullback!

I do feel for Danso a little, he didn't get many opportunities.

Though he may have not demonstrated enough to Ralph in training/when he did play to warrant more game time I expect he will have been disappointed to have essentially lost this season.

The fact he didn't even get a look in after safety was guaranteed shows our mind is made up on him not being able to cut it. When we signed him he did read like a player we could develop but evidently it's just not worked out for the lad.

Just now, Viking Saint said:

Lallana returning seems to be popping up in a number of places. Re-signing a 32 year old doesn't seem to fit our model at all??? 

Only because journalists rehashed the original story. It originated in a Daily Express article that is riddled with errors and then other 'journalists' copied and pasted the story.

14 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

There *may* be some news before the game tomorrow...

Do we have a new ITK in our midst? If something happens before tomorrow's match then you can look forward to a long summer of people pestering you for snippets of info. 

16 minutes ago, TWar said:

Do we have a new ITK in our midst? If something happens before tomorrow's match then you can look forward to a long summer of people pestering you for snippets of info. 

Only if saying, "I’m going to flip a coin, it might be heads," counts as knowledge.

33 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

There *may* be some news before the game tomorrow...

would be surprised if there is. A transfer is a major announcement and the club will usually pick a non-match day to announce it. 

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Only if saying, "I’m going to flip a coin, it might be heads," counts as knowledge.

Directly before the game is pretty specific. If he said "in the next few days" then it would likely be just someone bullshitting but if it happens between 9am and 4pm tomorrow then I will buy this guy might have a source. 

In other news, someone should compile a list of ITKs and the things they have gotten right in order to keep track of who to trust. I hear LeG is good and he is saying positive stuff so am choosing to believe that one haha. 

21 minutes ago, Chez said:

would be surprised if there is. A transfer is a major announcement and the club will usually pick a non-match day to announce it. 

Plus the transfer window officially opens on Monday so no real need to announce anything before then.

From the Echo article thats the case with Salisu, will likely be announced next week.

New contracts obviously don't count as transfers.

Personally don't think there are any real ITKs on here apart from KBilly and Guan, whilst Appy is very good on the early team sheets, probably from a media angle.

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Plus the transfer window officially opens on Monday so no real need to announce anything before then.

From the Echo article thats the case with Salisu, will likely be announced next week.

New contracts obviously don't count as transfers.

Personally don't think there are any real ITKs on here apart from KBilly and Guan, whilst Appy is very good on the early team sheets, probably from a media angle.

How would people feel if we had new owners before the start of the new season? 

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Let us know who and then we can answer the question better.

Yanks if all goes well. Tbh I don't think Gao has been that bad. He hasn't really done anything which is probably better than someone actively making things worse. I hope if this does come off that they have a hands off approach if possible. 

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Yanks if all goes well. Tbh I don't think Gao has been that bad. He hasn't really done anything which is probably better than someone actively making things worse. I hope if this does come off that they have a hands off approach if possible. 

Hmm all depends on what the yanks plans are for the club, how they intend to finance the purchase etc etc. Agree to a point on Gao but unless he is gong to invest more than platitudes then he needs to go if we are going to move forward as a club.

2 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Hmm all depends on what the yanks plans are for the club, how they intend to finance the purchase etc etc. Agree to a point on Gao but unless he is gong to invest more than platitudes then he needs to go if we are going to move forward as a club.

I agree. I guess my point is be careful what you wish for. We've actually built quite a good coaching team and got some decent players. Gao could have been more like Allam at Hull or Vincent tan or something like that. He's not someone I really want as an owner but at least he's generally left things alone. 

25 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

Assuming "May" is a clue?

This story was released by Sky Sports in May. 2 + 2 = 5

An American-based company has held talks to buy Gao Jisheng's majority share of Southampton, but the coronavirus pandemic has held up discussions.

The group has shown interest in purchasing the Chinese businessman's 80 per cent controlling stake, which he put up for sale earlier this year.

They have been described to Sky Sports News as the only serious player in a potential takeover, following interest from more than two parties.

However, it is understood those talks have been disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic and a deal is not close to being agreed.

Previous owner Katharina Liebherr, who sits on the board and retains a 20 per cent stake, is said to have been actively involved in discussions

Edited by Saint Scott

I appreciate that A) this could be exciting news B) it's certain,y of interest and C) the following is pedantic, but ...

isnt this a transfer thread, and aren't rumours about ownership better elsewhere? Of course ownership impacts transfer funds, but it really isn't the right place for this discussion IMHO 

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

...and it *may* not just be transfer news. 

I bloody love a teasing snippet!

Where are the David Vine numerouslogist-types when you need them?

..... "May has 3 letters, and '3May' in the ancient Gragian dialect meant 'rising, or increasingly powerful' it was often associated with tidal forces; 2 x * is a double-star-lobe symbol to the wise mystics of Babylon (who also invented the offside rule - see a connection yet?) The conclusion is plain for all to see: Our star is rising powerfully, and a mysterious leader with lobes will soon appear from the sea."  Exciting times.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I appreciate that A) this could be exciting news B) it's certain,y of interest and C) the following is pedantic, but ...

isnt this a transfer thread, and aren't rumours about ownership better elsewhere? Of course ownership impacts transfer funds, but it really isn't the right place for this discussion IMHO 

D) Jim's vague response didn't clarify if it's transfer, contract or takeover news. It could be in the right thread and equally it *may* not. 

Edited by Saint Scott

51 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I agree. I guess my point is be careful what you wish for. We've actually built quite a good coaching team and got some decent players. Gao could have been more like Allam at Hull or Vincent tan or something like that. He's not someone I really want as an owner but at least he's generally left things alone. 

Agreed

It's the official release of the architect's drawings of the multi-million pound dockside development that Gao has been planning for Southampton all along.

So excited to see them at long last 😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩👍👍👍👍👍💰💰💰💰💰💲💲💲💲 

On 22/07/2020 at 08:57, Matthew Le God said:

I wonder if somebody got the wrong end of the stick on this?

Cant see a Belgian club paying a fee & wages (or him wanting to go back to a league he referred to as Mickey-mouse).