Surman to Reading?

Wildgoose

I saw last seasons team a lot. I don't think they'd have beaten anyone 7 games out of 10. They were a disorganised, unfit lazy mess.

Skacel / Holmes?

Rasiak / McGoldrick?

Saganowski / Thomson?

There was a proviso about motivation at the beginning of my post. I think that disorganzed and unfit apply to most of the second half yesterday. The marking for their two goals was non-existent.

If more people had truned up yesterday and seen how good the football was they would keep coming, why is evryone so desperate to keep the utter sh*t that played for us last year, we are miles better now.

So we need to HOPE that an unproven mangement duo, in charge of an unproven squad of youngsters and by all accounts overpaid journeymen that can't even get on the bench, will HOPEFULLY start to perform and attract more people to pay to watch.

And all this HOPING has been signed off by the bank manager....

I wish I had the same bank manager, I reckon I could get a mortgage at about 2% fixed for life :shock:

Don't sell players, go into administration and get relegated due to points loss.

Sell our players, don't go into administration but get relegated due to not having enough points.

To conclude. We're fooooooked

The penny drops. Can we be friends now ?

One event is a certainty (almost), the other is not. Unless you choose to tint your realism with an unhealhy does of pessimism.

Seems we can't get rid of Skacel so instead we will off load Surman, if we get 2.5 million that is a lot of money for a half decent player who most think isn't a left back but thats where he will be played this season so we are getting a lot of cash for an average left back, I'd snap there hand off and bring Skacel back in.

I tend to agree.

Clearly, the board are having trouble getting shot of Skacel

If his mind is right, I think he's a better player at left-back than Surman anyway, so this might not be a total disaster

Guest Hacienda
The penny drops. Can we be friends now ?

The penny dropped along time ago Thrush. I, however, will get behind the nippers because they are making a fist of it.

You can be sure lowe wont do a ****e deal for davies.

What if there in a min release clause in Andrew Davies contract saying if a Premiership club comes in at 1.3m then he can go? It wouldn't be Ruperts fault but there wouldn't be anything he could do to make it a good deal for Saints as 1.3m is far far below Davies value.

Why not ?

I think Wilde's decisions are more questionable than Lowe's

Everbody makes mistakes I certainly do but one has to accept them one cannot live in the past

Continuous mistakes is what has got us into this mess. Its time for those in positions of management to stop making them.

So we need to HOPE that an unproven mangement duo, in charge of an unproven squad of youngsters and by all accounts overpaid journeymen that can't even get on the bench, will HOPEFULLY start to perform and attract more people to pay to watch.

And all this HOPING has been signed off by the bank manager....

I wish I had the same bank manager, I reckon I could get a mortgage at about 2% fixed for life :shock:

they did perform.

Continuous mistakes is what has got us into this mess. Its time for those in positions of management to stop making them.

What mistakes are you talking about

The mistake in kicking out Lowe in the first place.

Or buying second rate players on high wages to please the fans.

What about the lack of investment in the team when we had all the riches

of the premiership?

What Riches?

If there was money to invest and it was not invested surely it would be still around somewhere

Edited by John B

Are you serious?

Yes I am deadly serious I never thought we had sufficient funds to invest heavily in new players.

I thought our problem was that no home grown players were coming through so the whole team had to be bought in , instead of having a few players home grown players like we used to have and then buying a couple of reall quality players.

I felt players like Telfer Jacobson McCann and Crainey were not that good

Yes I am deadly serious I never thought we had sufficient funds to invest heavily in new players.

I thought our problem was that no home grown players were coming through so the whole team had to be bought in , instead of having a few players home grown players like we used to have and then buying a couple of reall quality players.

I felt players like Telfer Jacobson McCann and Crainey were not that good

We had all the trappings of Sky money,high season ticket sales, stadium sellouts, corporate boxes being sold,higher level sponsorship..shall i go on?

We could have borrowed a fair bit fo a decemt player or two but no

Mr Lowe only sanctioned enough for players of the quality you mentioned and therefore we went backwards.

We had all the trappings of Sky money,high season ticket sales, stadium sellouts, corporate boxes being sold,higher level sponsorship..shall i go on?

We could have borrowed a fair bit fo a decemt player or two but no

Mr Lowe only sanctioned enough for players of the quality you mentioned and therefore we went backwards.

oh i see...do a leeds/leicester/bradford

oh i see...do a leeds/leicester/bradford

I think you no what i mean.

A bit of debt in the premier league with money coming to all clubs and

increasing year on year would be nothing compared to our highly mentioned large debt in the ccc with little money coming back in.

What mistakes are you talking about

The mistake in kicking out Lowe in the first place.

Or buying second rate players on high wages to please the fans.

Lo9we, Wilde, and Crouch have ALL screwed us up big time. I don't propose to go through Lowes again, they are many and well documented on here already. You know those mistakes as well as I do

I still need to know who started this Surman to Reading lie as they will have my daughter to answer to.

I hope I don't have to start driving to Reading so she can watch him play. Then again I might just put my foot down. But then again I will have to ask the good wife to give me permission first to put my foot down.

I still need to know who started this Surman to Reading lie as they will have my daughter to answer to.

I hope I don't have to start driving to Reading so she can watch him play. Then again I might just put my foot down. But then again I will have to ask the good wife to give me permission first to put my foot down.

You'll get there quicker....

Conversely every other business I have ever worked for that relies on customers for its income, when facing 'bad times', they try to attract more customers, and try to get the existing customers to 'visit' more often, and spend more money to increase revenue / turnover, thus affecting profits......

So can someone please explain to me why the ONLY option available to SFC is to slash its costs and hope for the best???

if you are going bust you lay staff off as soon as possible as they are your biggest costs, besides tell me how we get more fans back to the stadium?

against probably the best team in the league after giving them a lesson in football in the first half, FFS FFS FFS last year we would of lost by 5 or 6.

The usual broad sweeping statement that can have holes picked in it left right and centre. Last season we were the usual Jekyll and Hyde team, beating the best teams and losing against the poor ones. For example, We beat West Brom 3-2, Cardiff 1-0, Hull 4-0, Bristol City 2-0 and Sheffield United 3-2. Of those teams, Hull and West Brom were promoted and Sheffield Utd and Bristol City were very close to the top at the death. The season before, we beat Birmingham 4-3, Wolves 6-0 and West Brom couldn't beat us over either leg.

So there are absolutely no grounds whatsoever for predicting that we would have been hammered by Birmingham last season with the team we had then, even if Birmingham were in the Fizzy Pop league.

The usual broad sweeping statement that can have holes picked in it left right and centre. Last season we were the usual Jekyll and Hyde team, beating the best teams and losing against the poor ones. For example, We beat West Brom 3-2, Cardiff 1-0, Hull 4-0, Bristol City 2-0 and Sheffield United 3-2. Of those teams, Hull and West Brom were promoted and Sheffield Utd and Bristol City were very close to the top at the death. The season before, we beat Birmingham 4-3, Wolves 6-0 and West Brom couldn't beat us over either leg.

So there are absolutely no grounds whatsoever for predicting that we would have been hammered by Birmingham last season with the team we had then, even if Birmingham were in the Fizzy Pop league.

What a load of balls, I watched a lot of games last season and can't remember us playing well, certainly not in the 2nd half of the season.

Now I dislike Lowe with a passion and have no time for his quisling. However, only an idiot thinks administration is the way forward.

This is true, but there are a few of these who post on here, as we all know! It is mildly amusing to see how rapidly some of them grasp at the most wild rumour to support their rather boring predictions of total disaster. Who will be first to jump off the Itchen Bridge if the rescue plan succeeds and the team have a good season?

If he is disaffected it'll be because he is never allowed to play in his preferred mid-field position. The guy is talented so why are we so determined to extinguish his talent by assigning him a role that he is neither suited to nor enjoys. If he leaves it will be the end of our dreams - think global act local? My RRrse!

What a load of balls, I watched a lot of games last season and can't remember us playing well, certainly not in the 2nd half of the season.

You're obviously suffering from selective memory loss subconsciously in an attempt by your brain to support your argument. Do you remember the match against Norwich, when we played similar football to yesterdays, all over them, scintillating stuff and they won 1-0. Nobody could believe we could play so well and get nothing.

And both our matches against Bristol City and Sheffield Utd were very much at the tail end of the season. Presumably you didn't go to those two matches then.:rolleyes:

You're obviously suffering from selective memory loss subconsciously in an attempt by your brain to support your argument. Do you remember the match against Norwich, when we played similar football to yesterdays, all over them, scintillating stuff and they won 1-0. Nobody could believe we could play so well and get nothing.

And both our matches against Bristol City and Sheffield Utd were very much at the tail end of the season. Presumably you didn't go to those two matches then.:rolleyes:

er yep I did, against sheff .utd it was a must win, wouldn't say we played great football just had more desire than the previous 45 games.

So what you are saying is that a much more experienced team on much higher wages played as well as yesterday's young inexperienced team and lost by a similar margin, therefore we are heading for disaster this year?

er yep I did, against sheff .utd it was a must win, wouldn't say we played great football just had more desire than the previous 45 games.

Well, if I give you examples of where your argument is shot full of holes and you won't acknowledge it, then I'll just have to leave it to others to make up their own minds that you're talking rubbish, that is if they agree with my assessment that not all of the matches we played last season were crap.

Well, if I give you examples of where your argument is shot full of holes and you won't acknowledge it, then I'll just have to leave it to others to make up their own minds that you're talking rubbish, that is if they agree with my assessment that not all of the matches we played last season were crap.
We played better yesterday in the 1st half than we did all last season, proper football.