The small things in life that bring you joy

trousers

Watching cricket on TV for hours on end. I got the bug back in the early 1960s, watching the West Indies playing test matches in England on TV with my father. England players back then included Freddie Truman, Ted Dexter, Colin Cowdrey, John Edrich, Ken Barrington, Geoff Boycott, Brian Close and Derek Shackleton. Three T20s and five ODIs versus Australia coming up later this month. Bliss!

5 hours ago, Hamilton Saint said:

Watching cricket on TV for hours on end. I got the bug back in the early 1960s, watching the West Indies playing test matches in England on TV with my father. England players back then included Freddie Truman, Ted Dexter, Colin Cowdrey, John Edrich, Ken Barrington, Geoff Boycott, Brian Close and Derek Shackleton. Three T20s and five ODIs versus Australia coming up later this month. Bliss!

We are, at this moment, watching a live YouTube stream of the European Cricket Networks's Austrian T10 tournament from the Vienna Cricket Club. It is a series of tournaments that travels round various European countries; the last few have included Spain, Portugal, Malta, Hungary, and Romania. There is also a set of companion international T10 matches that includes just about every nation on the continent.

It is a sort of cricket, but I don't think Geoff Boycott would be impressed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hamilton Saint said:

And no adverts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...