The small things in life that bring you joy

trousers

13 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Seeing Ronaldo crying.

I used to play in a kids team where one particular player had to be the no 9, had to take all of the penalties and free kicks, had to score all of the goals, gave you a mouthful of abuse if you didn’t give him the ball. It didn’t help that his Dad ran the team. Whenever I see Ronaldo play I think of him.

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I used to play in a kids team where one particular player had to be the no 9, had to take all of the penalties and free kicks, had to score all of the goals, gave you a mouthful of abuse if you didn’t give him the ball. It didn’t help that his Dad ran the team. Whenever I see Ronaldo play I think of him.

He was you, wasn't he?

Reading the posts by the list of those utterly obsessed with SOG, they must have a notification for when he posts 🤣

Here is the list

Turkish

Weston super saint

Alex law/Delldays/Batman

Duckhunter  (The most obsessed )

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Reading the posts by the list of those utterly obsessed with SOG, they must have a notification for when he posts 🤣

Here is the list

Turkish

Weston super saint

Alex law/Delldays/Batman

Duckhunter  (The most obsessed )

You missed out hypochondriac.

If they were an Indie band they would be called The Baby Reindeers.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Just heard that my niece got a 1st at Leeds Uni 🥳
Both my nieces and all three of my daughters have now got 1sts. God knows where they got their brains from.

Happy days!

Congratulations! 🥳 

• Like 2

It has given me unbridled joy to finally finish Wolf Hall. It’s only taken 3 years! An excellent book but a bit dense and not an easy read so I would often put it down and not pick it up again for months. I can now make a start on a small pile of Bill Bryson books I have accumulated recently, which is good news. (The not so good news is that I still have two massive tomes to wade through from the Wolf Hall trilogy).

40 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Law breaker being arrested?

Not that odd. She should have been doing bird by now.

That apparently is what she wants - to serve a prison sentence rather than cough up the money from future earnings. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have had the Carbage Rally stay in the village for the last couple of days. Never heard of it before but people from all over Europe pitch up in bangers that can’t cost more than €500 and are all done up. Hundreds of cars driving around the local villages with very loud and often very annoying horns. My favourite was one covered in fur with huge bunny ears on the roof. They have all left now but apparently will return on Thursday/Friday.There 1000 people from Holland alone so the local camp sites are happy.

Click on English for translation.

https://www.carbagerun.nl/event/zomer-editie-2024-engeland-wales/

https://www.carbagerun.com/when/

Edited by sadoldgit