The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

5 hours ago, whelk said:

Political commentators constantly referring to ‘super majority’. Meaningless bollocks in our constitution although I know they all love a new term

I don’t recall it being an issue before, so why now? Just a panic knee jerk response by the Tory election machine now picked up by the political commentators?

49 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Is there aspiration or ambition about a degree in media studies?

If you intend to apply for a job requiring a 'degree level qualification' it would help.

12 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Twats at petrol stations who only fill up with pumps that are on the right side of their petrol caps. Even if it means queing for ten minutes. Knob jockeys.

Ive seen people genuinely amazed when Ive pulled up with the cap on the opposite side and they realise the filler hose extends.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

My wife chewing up the car,s alloy wheels on a petrol pump plinth and moaning that she's got unleaded all down her leg trying to fill on the opposite side of the fuel cap.

Never mind the election, there's the bloodbath..... Those poor wheels. 

Posted (edited)

This f**king shite weather... I've just put the heating on and it's almost the middle of f**king July. Just f**k right off, FFS. Twats.

Screenshot_20240708-200841.png

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

This f**king shite weather... I've just put the heating on and it's almost the middle of f**king July. Just f**k right off, FFS. Twats.

Screenshot_20240708-200841.png

Blame that fucking tennis tournament, it's the death knell for decent weather every year.

17 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

And in the euros when a sub is made ... "player IN" and "player OUT".  In and out? It's not ring-a-ring o' roses FFS! 

OFF and ON. Off the pitch and on the pitch. ARGH.

You're thinking of the Hokey Cokey, not Ring-a-ring O' roses.

No need to thank me for the correction.

• Haha 1

The twattish new trend of painting a red cross on mini roundabouts when England do moderately ok at football.

It's made where I live look a right shit hole (more than it usually does). No doubt it won't get repainted white anytime soon so just looks like crap EDL graffiti indefinitely

(I should clarify, I have nothing against the St George's cross, but it just looks shit when painted by a bell end with a roller).

49 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

The twattish new trend of painting a red cross on mini roundabouts when England do moderately ok at football.

It's made where I live look a right shit hole (more than it usually does). No doubt it won't get repainted white anytime soon so just looks like crap EDL graffiti indefinitely

(I should clarify, I have nothing against the St George's cross, but it just looks shit when painted by a bell end with a roller).

Grab some white paint and a brush. Problem solved.

Stuff like this.

complete rewriting of history. Okay and if we changed the result of 8 games in Saints history we would be double winners, won 4 more FA cups and 2 league cups. It’s nonsense 

IMG_4682.jpeg

• Like 2

Who let a group of 12 year olds play sround with a graphics program and overlay their efforts on "Today at the Test" ? What is displayed at the edge of the screen is impossible to read, it is just distracting and bloody annoying. A waste of my TV Licence money.

People (mostly sports commentators) adding "years of age".  As in Lamine Yamal, just 17 years of age.  He's 17.  Just say he's 17.  That's all that's required.  No one is going to mistake it for 17 stone (of weight) or 17 metres (of height).

• Like 2

It's the same as those smug fuckers who go, "oh, I'm not seventy years old, I'm seventy years young."

No you're fucking not, it's a simple concept, don't try to be clever.

Same goes for Sam Smith with 'their' insane claim to be a "fisherthem."

Ridiculous butchering of language.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, revolution saint said:

People (mostly sports commentators) adding "years of age".  As in Lamine Yamal, just 17 years of age.  He's 17.  Just say he's 17.  That's all that's required.  No one is going to mistake it for 17 stone (of weight) or 17 metres (of height).

Good point. I was listening to "not 19 forever" by the courteeners yesterday and it'd sound shit if they made the lyric "you're not 19 years of age forever". I'm very proud that I figured out what the song was about without the added clarification. 

• Like 1

Twats on the train when they stick their bag on an empty seat, and get the arse when you ask them to move it so you can sit down.

P.s hope he is reading this as I type it out next to them...

Edited by skintsaint
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, egg said:

Good point. I was listening to "not 19 forever" by the courteeners yesterday and it'd sound shit if they made the lyric "you're not 19 years of age forever". I'm very proud that I figured out what the song was about without the added clarification. 

I still have no idea what Paul Hardcastle’s 19 was about. Could have made it clearer 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, revolution saint said:

I am sure I have already posted this in thread before but commentators saying ‘foot race’ in a football match

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

I still have no idea what Paul Hardcastle’s 19 was about. Could have made it clearer 

They were American so it could have been stone to be fair. Or IQ. 

• Haha 1

Watching crap on instagram with the channel owner in the corner, whilst the video is playing, shaking their head or nodding like they’re pulling oil out of the ground - in case you hadn’t figured out that they need you to agree with what they’re posting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Exam result days and the inane formulaeic rolling news coverage thereof. Oh look, another year where some teenagers have passed exams and some others haven't. And, wowzers, some even get to go to the universities of their choice, and some don't.... No sh*t Sherlock...  Hold the front page!

Edited by trousers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, trousers said:

Exam result days and the inane formulaeic rolling news coverage thereof. Oh look, another year where some teenagers have passed exams and some others haven't. And, wowzers, some even get to go to the universities of their choice, and some don't.... No sh*t Sherlock...  Hold the front page!

Couldn’t agree more Trousers. Thank fuck for pause tv

• Like 1

Ed Sheeran. 

Seems a nice bloke, clearly worked hard for his success. Supports and dearly loves his local football club. 

But, there is just this indefinable thing that irritates me about him. 

Edited by Colinjb

2 hours ago, tdmickey3 said:

Cyclists who think they are the most important everywhere

Could say exactly the same about motorists really. 

Seems like every time I ride my bike I have a near miss with some twat who thinks that simply being in a car gives them the right of way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

When you're trying to get your bike off the train but the impatient knobheads crowding around the doors on the platform waiting to board won't move out of the way.

Clatter into the buffoons with your bike and add it to the 'small things that are joyful' thread, surely? 

• Like 2