The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Not sure we should develop their player for them. He's decent, I don't get why they don't play him more. Spent all that money on Walcott when they had Lookman, seems daft.

If we could get him, even for 20m it'd be worth it as he's not the type of player we have. Redmond/Ings/Lookman would suddenly be a very rapid, mobile attack. Is a waste to see players like that sat on the bench somewhere. Hope more players wake up to it and choose places they'll play, he was right to go to Germany.

They turned down £25m in the summer. Suspect they would want closer to £30m from us

Not Saints related but the situation with Chelsea and Hudson-Odoi is fascinating. He is refusing to sign a new contract and Bayern Munich have reportedly offered £35M, he sees Sancho playing regularly for Dortmund and wants the same, fair play to him.

I've been touting him for years. I seem to remember there was an opportunity for us to sign him at one point (I might be mistaken) three or four years ago when he seemed to fall out of favour. It didn't happen and he worked his way back into favour and hasn't looked back. I think he is exceptional. He got the plaudits last season finally, but he has been top class long before that. Love the strength his possesses with back to goal and under pressure. Shame we cant pay the gazillions he will get in China. £11m is not exactly peanuts when a players has only 6 months on his contract, but £11m is yesterdays £1m I guess. Hope we at least enquired, although I guess we have to lower the wage bill before we can add to it.

Count me in as another mega fan. I think he's brilliant and would add solidity in the middle. 11m in the context of Carillo et al is a steal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big opportunities for us in the next couple of years. Young players are fed up with not getting chances and big clubs won't be able to keep them in the same way. Sancho and Nelson have been brilliant, Odoi would be too.

If we keep showing we give young players a chance maybe some will be willing to come here.

Only if we are willing to pay the transfer fee.

Fulham apparently in for Drinkwater, Cahill and Moses. Fair play if they pull it off, at least they are giving it a go and I think they’d keep them up.

Time for us to twist or go down, imo. Need to back RH and bring in 3 or 4 good players. F uck this sell to buy, none of our players are good enough / attractive enough to get sold on.

Early days yet but the lack of any real links is a concern.

Fulham apparently in for Drinkwater, Cahill and Moses. Fair play if they pull it off, at least they are giving it a go and I think they’d keep them up.

Time for us to twist or go down, imo. Need to back RH and bring in 3 or 4 good players. F uck this sell to buy, none of our players are good enough / attractive enough to get sold on.

How many loan players can you get from the same prem side?

I'd imagine Fulham have a number of players who are on relatively low, Championship wages, so they can probably afford to bandy out short-term high wage contracts.

We on the other hand have a number of players on high money including our reserves ffs, not to forget the 3 (or 4 if you count Les!) compensation packages we have had to give in the last 18 months. I don't think club finances are too healthy on the wage bill side of things, but we do probably feel that we can get more out of the squad bar the odd dud or two we have

Edited by nta786

I'd imagine Fulham have a number of players who are on relatively low, Championship wages, so they can probably afford to bandy out short-term high wage contracts.

We on the other hand have a number of players on high money including our reserves ffs, not to forget the 3 compensation packages we have had to give in the last 18 months. I don't think club finances are too healthy, but we do probably feel that we can get more out of the squad bar the odd dud or two we have

This is true, but that must be offset by their £100m (!) summer spend.

We will only buy a player if one leaves.

I know it’s obvious, but don’t expect anything till we’ve got rid or if we do suddenly sign a player expect a departure

Davo has gone so that's one out

If they can bring them in, fair play to them. 3 cracking players, all of which would improve us.

Of those Moses would be the one i’d Like us to be in for.

We on the other hand have a number of players on high money including our reserves ffs, not to forget the 3 (or 4 if you count Les!) compensation packages we have had to give in the last 18 months. I don't think club finances are too healthy on the wage bill side of things, but we do probably feel that we can get more out of the squad bar the odd dud or two we have

Its more than three or four compensation packages because all three managers had their acolytes who also had to be paid off, must come to millions. the total wastage is like the Tories on Brexit

Yeah,and all the while Saints sit around with a digit up their orafice.

Seriously what has to happen for people not to be pathetically jealous at clubs overspending on players? It fails more often than it works.

Window after window all some seem to want is huge wages thrown at players they've heard of. It's not what brought us success and it rarely brings more than massive wage bills to other clubs.

By the same token though we do need a CB. And a striker. And maybe a winger

Seriously what has to happen for people not to be pathetically jealous at clubs overspending on players? It fails more often than it works.

Window after window all some seem to want is huge wages thrown at players they've heard of. It's not what brought us success and it rarely brings more than massive wage bills to other clubs.

It's not jealousy. We are in a relegation fight and that our squad is sh:te. If those close to us strengthen their starting eleven anyone with sense can see that we are in danger of finishing below them.

I honestly don't know why some of our fans assume we have no money to spend and need to sell because we are broke. That's been the clubs rhetoric for bloody ages now. Don't believe it. We are fu ck ing minted but our owners seem to only find the checkbook when the fans kick off on twitter. Our owners are worth at least 4 billion and our club has money in the piggy bank. They have no excuses.

I honestly don't know why some of our fans assume we have no money to spend and need to sell because we are broke. That's been the clubs rhetoric for bloody ages now. Don't believe it. We are fu ck ing minted but our owners seem to only find the checkbook when the fans kick off on twitter. Our owners are worth at least 4 billion and our club has money in the piggy bank. They have no excuses.

Financial fair play.

Financial fair play.

Complete red herring. We're nowhere near playing in Europe, so there's nothing to stop our owner putting money in. Well nothing aside from the fact that he hasn't got any. Neither Gao nor Liebherr are worth anything close to a billion, not even between them.

FFP is oft trotted out. Question I have about it is how Fulham can drop £100m net, and seemingly are going to do more this up coming window?
Their wage bill is ~£40m while they'll earn £100m+ this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Financial fair play.

A load of bull**** as the likes of Bournemouth and Palace have proved by spending significantly more than they've sold player wise since they've been in the Premier League. How come they can do it but we have to be the only team in this league that has to sell players before we can buy them?

I admit our squad is huge but the sell before we can buy mentality has been at this club since Summer 2014. It's a joke that we seemingly have no money to spend.

The Lookman thing feels like a perfectly plausible story for a newspaper to sling together this time of year, bit doesn't feel like something that would actually happen. Young home grown player in January would be hugely over priced, and even though he's not playing now I'm not sure Silva would let him go.

Would be a nice signing though.

Premier League FFP allows clubs to make losses of up to £105m over three years as long as the owner is prepared to clear the debt at the end of the period. We on the other hand have pretty much balanced transfer fee incomings and outgoings over the last three years, while our wage bill has recently seen high earners replaced with signings from the Swiss and Scottish leagues.

FFP isn't our problem - having owners and who don't want to put money into the club is our problem.

A load of bull**** as the likes of Bournemouth and Palace have proved by spending significantly more than they've sold player wise since they've been in the Premier League. How come they can do it but we have to be the only team in this league that has to sell players before we can buy them?

I admit our squad is huge but the sell before we can buy mentality has been at this club since Summer 2014. It's a joke that we seemingly have no money to spend.

The same Crystal Palace who spent a total of £9m in the summer & who have had to loan out a striker to make room for a potential new signing?

Edited by SuperSAINT

THe Daily Star writes we are interested in Lookman of Everton.
We're probably interested in lots of players that we've got no chance of signing.

If Leipzig couldn't get Everton to budge on a £25m deal for a player who was desperate to join them, what are we going to do? Offer them a swap for Shane Long and a couple of tracksuits?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

We're probably interested in lots of players that we've got no chance of signing.

If Leipzig couldn't get Everton to budge on a £25m deal for a player who was desperate to join them, what are we going to do? Offer them a swap for Shane Long and a couple of tracksuits?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

"Make it just the tracksuits and you have a deal"

The Lookman thing feels like a perfectly plausible story for a newspaper to sling together this time of year, bit doesn't feel like something that would actually happen. Young home grown player in January would be hugely over priced, and even though he's not playing now I'm not sure Silva would let him go.

Would be a nice signing though.

This - only way I could see him being let go is if Everton sign someone else, and even then it would probably be a deadline day loan move until the end of the season.

Depends if the player makes a fuss, there seems to be a shift in these young players, seeing the Sancho thing, they are not happy to be sitting on the bench and he wanted to go in the summer.

If we make out interest known and that Ralf specifically wants him he may end up telling Everton he wants to go and then they have an unhappy player on their hands who they are not playing, so who knows?

But still rate it is as unlikely, more possibility of this happening in the summer I reckon IF we are still in the league.

Alpine doesn't post on here these days so he may think it but won't post it.

Lookman is too like Redmond for my liking. I would prefer more of a target man. I still hope Gallagher will get back to fitness. If not, someone like Llorente.

Well we are one Redmond injury away from a crisis as we have little pace with creativity anywhere else so for me we need another redmond like player.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Well we are one Redmond injury away from a crisis as we have little pace with creativity anywhere else so for me we need another redmond like player.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Remember Sims is back from his loan spell now. Not saying he is up to Redmond's standard, but it at least gives us extra cover in that position.

Since 2014 Newcastle have spent £85 million more than us. Let that sink in. Mike a Ashley has out spent us. Mike fu ck ing Ashley. It's a joke. I'm glad others agree it's getting beyond ridiculous now. If we can't afford to strengthen in January when we really need to we don't deserve to be in the Premier league.

Since 2014 Newcastle have spent £85 million more than us. Let that sink in. Mike a Ashley has out spent us. Mike fu ck ing Ashley. It's a joke. I'm glad others agree it's getting beyond ridiculous now. If we can't afford to strengthen in January when we really need to we don't deserve to be in the Premier league.
And where are Newcastle now? A whole two points above us.

I really find it hard to believe that do many are taken in with the idea that there's a prize for spending the most and that spending guarantees success. Ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And where are Newcastle now? A whole two points above us.

I really find it hard to believe that do many are taken in with the idea that there's a prize for spending the most and that spending guarantees success. Ridiculous.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Its a SWF prize, the heisenbore trophy ;)