Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

3 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

I know somebody, ex work colleague of 10 years, who witnessed the plane crash into the Pentagon. The Pentagon is surrounded by busy multi lane roads and it happened during rush hour. Thousands of DC commuters witnessed the crash. Yet if she ever mentioned it she'd frequently get berated by conspiracists who lived hundreds of miles away and weren't there. Their claim to absolute truth, denying the reality of eye witnesses is bizarre.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I know somebody, ex work colleague of 10 years, who witnessed the plane crash into the Pentagon. The Pentagon is surrounded by busy multi lane roads and it happened during rush hour. Thousands of DC commuters witnessed the crash. Yet if she ever mentioned it she'd frequently get berated by conspiracists who lived hundreds of miles away and weren't there. Their claim to absolute truth, denying the reality of eye witnesses is bizarre.    

Much like ubercunt Alex Jones who was taken to court for the extremes he went to in declaring that Sandy Hook never happened. Just an absolute wrongun, he should’ve been put in prison for what he those families through.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Much like ubercunt Alex Jones who was taken to court for the extremes he went to in declaring that Sandy Hook never happened. Just an absolute wrongun, he should’ve been put in prison for what he those families through.

Or certainly bankrupted, I bet some loony billionaire bails him out though. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cvglm0rjy2go

'I hate Trump, she likes him - we both think he staged assassination attempts'

"Wild Mother - who already follows QAnon, the unfounded conspiracy theory which claims Donald Trump is involved in a secret war against an elite cabal of Satan-worshipping paedophiles - wants to believe Trump’s own team staged the attack in order to frame his supposed enemies in the "Deep State"."

Edited by badgerx16

11 minutes ago, saint francis said:

However the BBC wants to frame that article, it's still guilty of spreading unfounded conspiracy theories.  

Inclined to agree. That country (USA) has gone so far down the rabbit hole though that it’s hard to see it getting back some equilibrium for the foreseeable. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, saint francis said:

However the BBC wants to frame that article, it's still guilty of spreading unfounded conspiracy theories.  

Yeah. That's how I read it. Beeb trying to be coy while getting across their real thought, and not doing a very good job of it.

Annoying since usually the record of people speaks for itself, without that sort of thing.

• Like 3

On 22/09/2024 at 20:34, saint francis said:

Being a BBC podcast just means it will appear on the main stations, just called something trendier. Podcast is the new programme.

Which is why I caught a few minutes of it. The dialogue is pretty much the text of the article. The little I heard beyond that was laying their view on with a trowel.

There was another QANON thing on a couple of night later. Similar carefully worded positioning against such things, broader things they also label "conspiracy theories" and pretty much anything outside our traditional channels.

A show today was investigating some state based freedom group, now funded from the shadows by some think tank. I guess making it about the US versions gets more clicks than taking a look at the dodgy lot closer to home.

The narrator couldn't hide his snooty dismissive tone as the group politely said they don't reply to "legacy media" probably having caught another of the Beeb's shows on this stuff. They politely pointed him in the direction of some webinars. I didn't listen on to see how swivel eyed they turned out to be. But they saw the Beeb coming a mile away.

People's opinions and beliefs on any number of topics will be different. The Beeb has long since made it's mind up and clumsily lumps it all together with all the depth of a Daily Mail headline to get some listens on BBC Sounds.

They also come across as incredibly precious about other media. They slash their own journalism (whether from punishing those that uncover things in their own organisation or as part of turf wars or having relocate some to actually cover other bits of the UK). But there are some excellent bits of work out there by concerned. determined people.

As I said before, it's annoying as a bit more depth and actual journalism ( which they more than anyone should be able to fund) would allow people to make up their own minds, without being led down a path.