Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

25 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

No you dont understand.
Donnie won the recent debate hands down.
People tell him that some polls reckon he won 80/20 but others tell him it could even be 92/7 (his words on Fox News)

Some republican actually called for the ABC moderators to be jailed for election tampering. As above half the country has lost the plot

• Like 2

I think it's going to be very close. I'm not sure Trump's goal is to 'win' the debates anyway - arguably he lost them against Hillary-it's to become a talking point and in people's consciousness. I'm not sure how that's going with the general public but he's achieving that online with the eating the cats stuff and a few other memes. He's been underestimated in polling before. I think it will be a big surprise if it's a clear Harris win eventually. 

23 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I think it's going to be very close. I'm not sure Trump's goal is to 'win' the debates anyway - arguably he lost them against Hillary-it's to become a talking point and in people's consciousness. I'm not sure how that's going with the general public but he's achieving that online with the eating the cats stuff and a few other memes. He's been underestimated in polling before. I think it will be a big surprise if it's a clear Harris win eventually. 

I agree with nearly all of that bar the last sentence. Biden got a clear win in 2020, not a big win, but plenty clear enough, whatever conspiracy rubbish Trump et al spew out. Popular vote Trump will significantly lose again, Electoral College will be far tighter but 5-10k headroom to Harris in enough of the swing states. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

I agree with nearly all of that bar the last sentence. Biden got a clear win in 2020, not a big win, but plenty clear enough, whatever conspiracy rubbish Trump et al spew out. Popular vote Trump will significantly lose again, Electoral College will be far tighter but 5-10k headroom to Harris in enough of the swing states. 

Barring something significant to move the needle between now and polling day I think it will be tighter than you suggest. 

1 hour ago, east-stand-nic said:

Your degree not in English then? Can I ask what you meant to say?

Biden confused Zelenskyy with Putin, and also Ukraine with Russia. Not difficult to understand https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-confuses-ukraine-russia-zelenskyy-putin-gaffe-filled-trip-lithuania

Trump just confused Haiti and Venezuela 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Barring something significant to move the needle between now and polling day I think it will be tighter than you suggest. 

We’ll see. Harris doesn’t need to be lots ahead in the popular vote, nor does Trump. It’s half a dozen swing states as per 2020. Harris is ahead in most if those at the moment but not by lots. It depends if her forward momentum carries on. Trump will carry on being Trump which will retain his base, evangelicals and those who lean his way on the lowest incomes who think they had slightly more money with him. But that won’t be quite enough to get over the line, plus Harris is appealing to fringe Democrats who weren’t sure about Biden last time. Look at the growth of high volume small campaign donations for that, allied to an existing advantage on larger donations. The position has worsened for Trump since this article https://www.reuters.com/world/us/swing-state-republicans-bleed-donors-cash-over-trumps-false-election-claims-2023-07-05/

Edited by Gloucester Saint

46 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Biden confused Zelenskyy with Putin, and also Ukraine with Russia. Not difficult to understand https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-confuses-ukraine-russia-zelenskyy-putin-gaffe-filled-trip-lithuania

Trump just confused Haiti and Venezuela 

Ah, so, you did indeed write it totally wrong first time as I alluded to.

41 minutes ago, whelk said:

More bs about this guy being attacked. Don’t believe a fucking word of it. 
your @east-stand-nic ‘s though will lap it all up

Seems like an odd thing for the secret service to lie about. Perfectly plausible that some nutter took a potshot. It's not like it would be particularly difficult for lunatics to get their hands on guns in America. 

Edited by hypochondriac

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Seems like an odd thing for the secret service to lie about. Perfectly plausible that some nutter took a potshot. 

The same secret service that were in on holding him down for 2 seconds at the last ‘attempt’ before letting him leap up for his photo opportunity? 

Well, seeing as you clearly cannot read also, I will say it again. With all that superior intellect and your degree, how did you mess up that sentence so badly?

He was trying to put it in a form you could understand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Even for Musk, this is pathetic https://inews.co.uk/news/world/elon-musk-assassination-tweet-trump-3279300

The article is right - America being as ungovernable as it is on the brink of becoming again will find it harder to tax billionaire oligarchs opposed to democractic systems. 

Is anybody trying to shoot Musk ?

Edited by badgerx16

On 16/09/2024 at 14:08, badgerx16 said:

He was trying to put it in a form you could understand.

Aw, you really are hurting still huh. What a silly comeback. It is clear to anyone that he typed it wrong and fucked up, yet you want to defend him at all costs. How sweet.

23 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Is it coincidence that Trump makes a "last minute" decision to play a round of golf on a course where a gunman has been lurking for hours ?

Here is that wonderful myopic view of yours again. You hate Trump, so you will be against him no matter what. Had this have happened to Kamala you would be effing and blinding to all and sundry on here now about right wing MAGA morons etc. An attempt on any persons life is a bad thing. Please find some humanity in your pee wee brain.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Here is that wonderful myopic view of yours again. You hate Trump, so you will be against him no matter what. Had this have happened to Kamala you would be effing and blinding to all and sundry on here now about right wing MAGA morons etc. An attempt on any persons life is a bad thing. Please find some humanity in your pee wee brain.

I was trying to understand the conspiracy theorist mindset, in a way emulating you. They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You should feel honoured.

44 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Aw, you really are hurting still huh. What a silly comeback. It is clear to anyone that he typed it wrong and fucked up, yet you want to defend him at all costs. How sweet.

Hurting ? From the pathetic powderpuff swings you throw. You have a grossly exaggerated sense of your abilities and intellect, and of how others perceive you.

Still, keep trying, it will stop your brain addling completely.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

On 18/09/2024 at 08:23, east-stand-nic said:

You like a conspiracy theory. What is wrong with this one?

12 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You like a conspiracy theory. What is wrong with this one?

Same old one sided BS from you. When u want to believe in a conspiracy, you do... but if anyone else believes one that you don't you call them names. You are a joke of a person.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, whelk said:

Lol. Nic believes it actually happened 

Really? I don't recall saying that? Do you believe JFK was killed by one gunman? Do you believe the twin towers were solely destroyed by the planes? Do you believe covid was ALL real? I bet you believe everything the media tells you, accept when it goes against what you want to be true and what you support. Hence you firmly believe Trump set this up. Had it have been Harris, you would never in a million years believe she set it up. This is why you people are ruining he world as you are so dumb and blind to only one view point, totally unable to see the whole truth.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Really? I don't recall saying that? Do you believe JFK was killed by one gunman? Do you believe the twin towers were solely destroyed by the planes? Do you believe covid was ALL real? I bet you believe everything the media tells you, accept when it goes against what you want to be true and what you support. Hence you firmly believe Trump set this up. Had it have been Harris, you would never in a million years believe she set it up. This is why you people are ruining he world as you are so dumb and blind to only one view point, totally unable to see the whole truth.

Ok, I’ll bite. Where is your modern forensic evidence that JFK was not killed by one shooter, that the towers didn’t collapse because of the impact of the planes and that Covid wasn’t ALL real?

You forgot to add that the world is flat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Same old one sided BS from you. When u want to believe in a conspiracy, you do... but if anyone else believes one that you don't you call them names. You are a joke of a person.

Pot, kettle, black.

I have no idea if the last assassination attempt was set up or not. It just seems strange that the person hung about for hours in the bushes when Trump only made the decision to play golf at the last minute. Given your love of conspiracy theories I thought you would have been all over this like a cheap suit.

Farage has just come out and supported Trump over his claim that Haitians are eating dogs and cats in Springfield. Your thoughts on that claim please.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

We know your grasp on reality is one of a complete lunatic but then you post this and take it to a new level...... 🤣

Are you still rocking in the chair and licking windows?

• Like 2

The Newsagents podcast features John Sopel the ex BBC American corresponent. After last week's debate he predicted that Trump would try something quite dramatic in the next few days to reset the political dial. 

I just wonder if....... 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Pot, kettle, black.

I have no idea if the last assassination attempt was set up or not. It just seems strange that the person hung about for hours in the bushes when Trump only made the decision to play golf at the last minute. Given your love of conspiracy theories I thought you would have been all over this like a cheap suit.

Farage has just come out and supported Trump over his claim that Haitians are eating dogs and cats in Springfield. Your thoughts on that claim please.

Kentucky Fried Cats.

You read it here first.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

I would have thought that somebody with Nic's vast brain and experience of life would know the difference between accept and except. 😁😁😁

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Is there any conspiracy theories you reject you mad fucker? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

Is there any conspiracy theories you reject you mad fucker? 

The main difference between you and me thicko, is that i keep an open mind on ALL things until I see the truth. You on the other hand, and most dead heads on here believe what you want to believe based on boas and lack of intellect. It really is that simple. Keep an open mind. Don't just simply believe what SMS says or what suits your own belief system. Challenge your belief system and learn.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

The main difference between you and me thicko, is that i keep an open mind on ALL things until I see the truth. You on the other hand, and most dead heads on here believe what you want to believe based on boas and lack of intellect. It really is that simple. Keep an open mind. Don't just simply believe what SMS says or what suits your own belief system. Challenge your belief system and learn.

Come on then. Tell us the “truth” about the conspiracy theories you believe in. 

20 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Don’t believe text messages?

• Haha 1

Fair to say Nic is an aficionado of the Loose Change films https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loose_Change

Whilst slickly presented, the WTC segments have some significant flaws in terms of the knowledge of how the towers were constructed in the late 60s/early 70s, and how steel behaves when exposed to those temperatures, plus the issues with fireproofing it to modern standards (as the spray on asbestos was knocked off on impact and it only went up 40 floors and was in the process of being replaced) https://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0112/Eagar/Eagar-0112.html

• Haha 1

I genuinely wonder when these morons get diagnosed with cancer do they reject surgery and conventional wisdom in that area?