Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

54 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

You've been caught making shit up and are now doing it again. You are confusing me with someone that gives a shit about Trump's golf game. I'm more concerned about the integrity of this site. You've let the posters down, but more importantly, you've let yourself down. I hope you reflect on this in the future.

Winner of the funniest post on this forum. 

Should Krakern be suspended until he has apologised individually to everyone on this site? 😁😁

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Yet you claim Trump is "openly admitting he is playing off the ladies’ tees all the way round", when you know that is the format Bryson has set up for his challenge. So, you make up a crock of shit and then find that concept funny. Personally, I find it pathetic. By all means criticize Trump for something real, but don't make up shit. 

#TDS

You're probably supporting the wrong candidate if lying gets you worked up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

You've been caught making shit up and are now doing it again. You are confusing me with someone that gives a shit about Trump's golf game. I'm more concerned about the integrity of this site. You've let the posters down, but more importantly, you've let yourself down. I hope you reflect on this in the future.

This reminds me of the joke about the little boy made of balloons and a safety pin.

3 hours ago, benjii said:

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1816249123735232543?t=EfLafe7p6byYwRa3Lgs2rw&s=19

The guy is a dribbling old wreck. Far too old and senile to be running for President, before you factor in the raping, thieving, lying and insurrectionism.

The whole speech was like that. Over an hour of rambling nonsense, random shit he comes up with because he wants to avoid talking about policy. Apparently by the end even the die hard fans at the front and on the podium behind were checking their phones and taking to each other   

5 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Yet you claim Trump is "openly admitting he is playing off the ladies’ tees all the way round", when you know that is the format Bryson has set up for his challenge. So, you make up a crock of shit and then find that concept funny. Personally, I find it pathetic. By all means criticize Trump for something real, but don't make up shit. 

Isn't that Donnie's speciality ?

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Donald being as classy as ever. 

"Kamala Harris was a bum 3 weeks ago." 

Is that really  a good look??? 

It appeals to his supporters. You can't fix thick.

• Like 3

Great to see the Vance nasty comment about childless cat ladies with miserable lives getting plenty of airing. Alienates a lot of people saying shit like that. Many commentators saying v bad move strategically having him as running mate. He couldn’t even row back from it either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It appeals to his supporters. You can't fix thick.

His base isn’t going anywhere, if he loses swathes of swing females he will be fucked. All about whether Harris can impress now, 

Edited by whelk

If Trump’s selection was based around making him seem less crazy by comparison to Vance’s loony offerings, then I can see why he did. However Trump is a psychopath, so being to the right of him doesn’t help with the undecideds. The latest Vance idiocy unearthed helps the Democrat core vote get motivated to vote - good, good. And if couples can’t conceive naturally, the GOP and the extremists they’ve appointed to the Supreme Court and state circuits have made IVF almost impossible to access. The GOP have made their bed with Trump and Vance, and they have to lie in it, soiled by stupidity as it is. 

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

It comes to something when Trump is the least of the crazies in the place.

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/abortion-2668822316-2668822316

Trump's personality drives his appeal rather than his policies, and those in his shadow struggle to engage with his supporters ;

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/27/jd-vance-trump-imitation-00171375

''Many of Trump’s ideas are largely unpopular with voters; without his charisma, his ideological allies are left with policy positions like abortion bans that most Americans don’t really like. It’s Trump’s personality that keeps him happily ensconced at the head of the party.''

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trump tells Christian voters they 'won't have to vote anymore' if he's elected.

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/27/nx-s1-5054272/trump-christian-wont-vote-anymore-speech

Trump also urged Christians to turn out for him ahead of Election Day, calling it the "most important election ever." He added that if elected, Christian-related concerns will be "fixed" so much so that they would no longer need to be politically engaged.

"You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians," he said.

If it looks like a fascist, swims like a fascist, and quacks like a fascist ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Munster said:

Trump tells Christian voters they 'won't have to vote anymore' if he's elected.

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/27/nx-s1-5054272/trump-christian-wont-vote-anymore-speech

Trump also urged Christians to turn out for him ahead of Election Day, calling it the "most important election ever." He added that if elected, Christian-related concerns will be "fixed" so much so that they would no longer need to be politically engaged.

"You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what? It’ll be fixed, it’ll be fine. You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians," he said.

If it looks like a fascist, swims like a fascist, and quacks like a fascist ....

Why is that fascist? I suggest you do a bit more research into Trump's speech before replying.

It was a strange thing to say but I don't think it quite means what some think.

All Trump cares about is Trump. In four years time he will not be running for President again so he simply will not give a flying fuck who anyone votes for because it won't be him. That's what he's saying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It was a strange thing to say but I don't think it quite means what some think.

All Trump cares about is Trump. In four years time he will not be running for President again so he simply will not give a flying fuck who anyone votes for because it won't be him. That's what he's saying.

I agree. I don’t think it’s a totalitarian thing per se, but given the very hardline and extreme Project 2025 by Heritage Foundation which he and the GOP campaign are frantically trying to distance themselves from, it wasn’t a particularly smart speech because lots of the GOP grassroots love Project 2025. The evangelical fruit loops were going to vote for him anyway but after the Daniels convictions he’s trying to cement them just in case. 

Badger makes a good point above - a lot of the GOP positions on women’s and reproductive rights for example are very unpopular without him fronting them, and they will probably still cost them anyway in November with swing voters and mobilise the Democrat core. But the evangelicals love Roe Vs Wade repealed, restricting access to IVF. To most western countries, it’s as backwards as the Taliban but what he’s clumsily saying is ‘only I can turn the clock back for you socially, the chance won’t come around again in a future election but if I do it, it’s going to take decades to repeal’.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Picard said:

Why is that fascist? I suggest you do a bit more research into Trump's speech before replying.

He's already "joked" about a third term, being a dictator on day one if elected ("only on day one" - yeah right), incited his mob to overthrow the bloody government when he lost, and even more damning, tried to throw out legitimate state electors and replace them with his fake ones, in order (according to the Constitution) to have the election decided by the States (which the Republicans have the majority). It is clear he is referring to Russian, Hungary and N. Korean type "elections" if he wins. He worships Putin, Orban and Kim Jong Un. On top of that, he has stacked the supreme court with hard core right wing zealots who have his back, who have already said it's ok for a president to do anything illegal he wants (literally kill an opponent) as long as it's an "official" act.

It's not just him, he has the whole fascist Republican party behind him, in fact he's their useful idiot. They have been purging minority (i.e. mainly Democratic) votes for decades now in states they control, along with massive voter suppression (for example 6-8 hour waits to vote in minority districts with inadequate/broken voting machines, compared with a 5 minute breeze in and out in Republican districts).

3 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

He's already "joked" about a third term, being a dictator on day one if elected ("only on day one" - yeah right), incited his mob to overthrow the bloody government when he lost, and even more damning, tried to throw out legitimate state electors and replace them with his fake ones, in order (according to the Constitution) to have the election decided by the States (which the Republicans have the majority). It is clear he is referring to Russian, Hungary and N. Korean type "elections" if he wins. He worships Putin, Orban and Kim Jong Un. On top of that, he has stacked the supreme court with hard core right wing zealots who have his back, who have already said it's ok for a president to do anything illegal he wants (literally kill an opponent) as long as it's an "official" act.

It's not just him, he has the whole fascist Republican party behind him, in fact he's their useful idiot. They have been purging minority (i.e. mainly Democratic) votes for decades now in states they control, along with massive voter suppression (for example 6-8 hour waits to vote in minority districts with inadequate/broken voting machines, compared with a 5 minute breeze in and out in Republican districts).

You need professional help, mate.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Unhinged 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

I agree. I don’t think it’s a totalitarian thing per se, but given the very hardline and extreme Project 2025 by Heritage Foundation which he and the GOP campaign are frantically trying to distance themselves from, it wasn’t a particularly smart speech because lots of the GOP grassroots love Project 2025. The evangelical fruit loops were going to vote for him anyway but after the Daniels convictions he’s trying to cement them just in case. 

They may be distancing themselves from Project 25 but Agenda 47 - Trumps official manifesto isnt miles away from it. It still gives him much more power to fire anybody he doesnt like 

• Like 1

I don't think the Christian voting thing is as bad as some think. Trump is saying to conservative Christians that he will make laws that they want, probably around abortion, books in schools, parental rights. So for those who don't like him because he is a rapist, can pinch their noses and vote for him for the greater Christian good.

Also there are a lot of Conservative Christians who don't vote, like Plymouth Brethren or Jehovah Witnesses, so again he is trying to get them to vote one time for the greater conservative Christian good. They will be plenty of PB or JW that just won't vote, but they will be people on the fringes of these communities or those with aligned religious beliefs that may vote. 

Trump may not be trying to widen his appeal but he can deepen his reach in to conservative communities, a third of Americans don't vote, so trying to get a few more of those out may be one of their tactics. As Fry said he only cares about the next election.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Are you currently sporting a bright red MAGA baseball cap Batman? Go on, you can tell me. I won’t tell anyone else. Promise.

I am not supporting anyone, I cannot vote and do not particularly care who gets in.

I find the frenzied interest in their election very weird

7 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

I don't think the Christian voting thing is as bad as some think. Trump is saying to conservative Christians that he will make laws that they want, probably around abortion, books in schools, parental rights. So for those who don't like him because he is a rapist, can pinch their noses and vote for him for the greater Christian good.

Also there are a lot of Conservative Christians who don't vote, like Plymouth Brethren or Jehovah Witnesses, so again he is trying to get them to vote one time for the greater conservative Christian good. They will be plenty of PB or JW that just won't vote, but they will be people on the fringes of these communities or those with aligned religious beliefs that may vote. 

Trump may not be trying to widen his appeal but he can deepen his reach in to conservative communities, a third of Americans don't vote, so trying to get a few more of those out may be one of their tactics. As Fry said he only cares about the next election.

All those things can be undone by Democrats if they were to win in 4 years. So the “not worrying about having to vote in 4 years” is as bad as I described above. As I said it’s not just him it’s his whole party, who have been working for 50 years to establish permanent one party rule. Their policies are so toxic to the majority (the ones not brainwashed by Fox News etc) and with the demographics getting worse for them year by year, it’s their only hope of staying in power without having to change their raison d’etre, namely shoveling as much money to corporations, billionaires and themselves as possible. 

6 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I am not supporting anyone, I cannot vote and do not particularly care who gets in.

Given the effect the election will have on many areas of the rest of the world, not least Ukraine and NATO, the “frenzied” interest is not in the least weird. In fact it would be weird not to be concerned by someone like Trump being in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Given the effect the election will have on many areas of the rest of the world, not least Ukraine and NATO, the “frenzied” interest is not in the least weird. In fact it would be weird not to be concerned by someone like Trump being in charge of the most powerful nation on the planet.

The Middle East is a thing towards a regional war, and Ukrainians are dying in their hordes.

and you think trump will make the world a terrible place

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The Middle East is a thing towards a regional war, and Ukrainians are dying in their hordes.

If I win I’d tell Putin to do whatever the hell he wants with any country that “doesn’t pay” - The Orange Mussolini. 

13 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

The point, which you seem consistently intent on ignoring, is that Trump will make things immeasurably worse. Yes, there are problem areas around the world, but the last thing we need is a total moron in the White House too. He would make things worse for the Ukraine, worse for Europe, worse for the Middle East and worse for America. Apart from that, all’s good.

Also, for someone who doesn’t get the fascination with the American Presidential election, you spend a lot of time here defending Donald Trump 🤔

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

The point, which you seem consistently intent on ignoring, is that Trump will make things immeasurably worse. Yes, there are problem areas around the world, but the last thing we need is a total moron in the White House too. He would make things worse for the Ukraine, worse for Europe, worse for the Middle East and worse for America. Apart from that, all’s good.

Also, for someone who doesn’t get the fascination with the American Presidential election, you spend a lot of time here defending Donald Trump 🤔

How would he do that? What would he do to make things worse?

would you say things are worse or better now than last time he was president?

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Which begs the question, what the fuck you doing on this thread?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

All those things can be undone by Democrats if they were to win in 4 years. So the “not worrying about having to vote in 4 years” is as bad as I described above. As I said it’s not just him it’s his whole party, who have been working for 50 years to establish permanent one party rule. Their policies are so toxic to the majority (the ones not brainwashed by Fox News etc) and with the demographics getting worse for them year by year, it’s their only hope of staying in power without having to change their raison d’etre, namely shoveling as much money to corporations, billionaires and themselves as possible. 

There is some conservative stuff going on but there are plenty of progressives that can take it on. I don't believe they are want a one party situation, they won't be able to. But what they want is to embed conservative values into the system, that will take time to unpick.

Trump doesn't give a shit if it's unpicked, he just wants to win and will say anything to his base to secure the votes.

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

This. I don't usually give much of a shit about who is in charge in the US as it generally doesn't really effect us. But with the current situation in Ukraine and the Middle East the last thing we need is a complete idiot like Trump in charge, particularly as he seems to have a boner for Putin.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

This. I don't usually give much of a shit about who is in charge in the US as it generally doesn't really effect us. But with the current situation in Ukraine and the Middle East the last thing we need is a complete idiot like Trump in charge, particularly as he seems to have a boner for Putin.

How will you vote in the US elections?

19 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How will you vote in the US elections?

Do you think it strange to be interested in what is going on in US politics?