Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

11 minutes ago, whelk said:

I wonder when J D Vance of Hillbilly Elegy became such a tosser?  

Always been one. Yes, he served in Iraq - for a few months as a journalist based in the Marine HQ.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Always been one. Yes, he served in Iraq - for a few months as a journalist based in the Marine HQ.

He doesn’t come across as an arsehole

Edited by whelk
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, whelk said:

He doesn’t come across as an arsehole

Oh no??? 

Apparently the Democrats are ruining the country by having so many childless people at the top. Harris doesn't have kids. Pete Buttieg (spelling?) the Transport Secretary is gay so his kids don't count. They don't care about the future of the country. 

Add in his views on abortion (not allowed even in cases of rape or incest) and his view that the UK is one of those Islamist countries that has nuclear weapons and you have one giant arsehole. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Oh no??? 

Apparently the Democrats are ruining the country by having so many childless people at the top. Harris doesn't have kids. Pete Buttieg (spelling?) the Transport Secretary is gay so his kids don't count. They don't care about the future of the country. 

Add in his views on abortion (not allowed even in cases of rape or incest) and his view that the UK is one of those Islamist countries that has nuclear weapons and you have one giant arsehole. 

I was referring to his memoirs. He is clearly one now

• Like 1

Vance has already said in a TV interview that if he had been in Mike Pence's position on Jan 6th, having to validate the Electoral College votes, he would have asked for alternative slates from the marginal swing states, such as Arizona and Pennysylvania, so that he could make a judgemant as to which set of votes he would accept. I can guarantee that he wouldn't have accepted Biden wins in those cases.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Of course that’s what it is, it’s called getting old. 

As he currently appears, if he was my family member I wouldn't let him walk to the shop by himself let alone preside over the richest, most powerful country on the planet.

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

Are you all fucking senile and can’t follow a thread? 

I am not senile. I am recuperating from covid, while my team have been drafting my withdrawal statement (not signed in bitter resentment). A statement that also endorses the person best able to take my place as President, JD Vance.

14 minutes ago, saint francis said:

As he currently appears, if he was my family member I wouldn't let him walk to the shop by himself let alone preside over the richest, most powerful country on the planet.

And yet Donald Trump could do so from January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saint francis said:

I’d still regard him as more component than that large, equally senile orange child psychopath. Look at his words about Harris being ‘dumb as a rock’ being turned humiliatingly against him by his own sub-key stage 7 idiocy https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/trumps-4-word-attack-on-kamala-harris-gets-turned-back-at-him_uk_669f4c3ee4b03375f56f0c62

Are you seriously suggesting Trump would be fit to take on the job again? Even his own VP candidate has called him America’s Hitler. Add in the above bloopers, and his leading of a violent attempted overthrow of a correctly won election on 6 January, and anyone who thinks Trump is the full shilling needs help themselves.

Harris is the go-to option now, the world needs to get behind her and especially the Democrat Party and its core vote. If it gets that out plus enough of the waverers, stability can continue and Putin can be tackled. He’d love another Trump win.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

I’d still regard him as more component than that large, equally senile orange child psychopath. Look at his words about Harris being ‘dumb as a rock’ being turned humiliatingly against him by his own sub-key stage 7 idiocy https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/trumps-4-word-attack-on-kamala-harris-gets-turned-back-at-him_uk_669f4c3ee4b03375f56f0c62

Are you seriously suggesting Trump would be fit to take on the job again? Even his own VP candidate has called him America’s Hitler. Add in the above bloopers, and his leading of a violent attempted overthrow of a correctly won election on 6 January, and anyone who thinks Trump is the full shilling needs help themselves.

Harris is the go-to option now, the world needs to get behind her and especially the Democrat Party and its core vote. If it gets that out plus enough of the waverers, stability can continue and Putin can be tackled. He’d love another Trump win.

You wouldn't regard someone senile as more competent than someone sentient so stop being silly.

Regards the politics of each candidate as you bring up, I have no issue.  America will vote for its preferred choice and so be it. 

The issue is the pretence from the Democratic party, Harris included, insisting that Biden WAS competent to run as candidate for re-election, now seemingly proven wrong, but is somehow still competent to run the country.  

19 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Shes already 2 points up in the first national poll by Reuters and Ipsos. Tbf Slow Joe was only 2 points down.

Long way for this one to go now now the Dems have sorted their shit out and gotten behind Harris very quickly.

• Like 1

How do you explain the many members of the Democratic Party who have been calling for him not to stand? It seems that you are seeking a conspiracy where there isn’t one. He has made the decision not to stand. He probably should have made it much earlier, but it is done. What is the problem?

29 minutes ago, saint francis said:

You wouldn't regard someone senile as more competent than someone sentient so stop being silly.

Neither Biden nor Trump are senile, but Trump IS an imbecile. Biden is just an old man who should never have tried to stand for a second term because he physically could not stand up to the demands of the job.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, saint francis said:

The issue is the pretence from the Democratic party, Harris included, insisting that Biden WAS competent to run as candidate for re-election, now seemingly proven wrong, but is somehow still competent to run the country.  

Just because he is choosing to retire doesn’t mean he is not competent to do the job. Wether he is or not is just a matter of opinion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Oh no??? 

No idea if true but I did see an interview with a US commentator who was ripping him apart for being unprincipled with no genuine convictions or beliefs. He basically says whatever was going to be best for him.   

Just now, aintforever said:

Just because he is choosing to retire doesn’t mean he is not competent to do the job. Wether he is or not is just a matter of opinion.

Exactly. Huge difference between allowing an 81 year old man to finish up the job for a few months and voting him in for anther four and a half years 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, saint francis said:

So the Democrats are sticking with the "Covid" excuse for dropping out rather than Biden's apparent declining mental state.  I don't think anybody's buying it.  So is their plan to continue to hide Biden away while he further declines yet continues to remain President, potentially until January?  It would be a big lie if/when the truth is eventually uncovered.  

Ohhh another big lie to rant about.

• Like 2

Harris is now 11/8 to be next president. I actually think she will win now. Trump and Vance have limited appeal and Vance isn’t convincing anyone worried about Trump so not the balanced ticket, actually is more extreme. Interesting to see Harris’s VP pick but got to be a white mail -Shapiro?

Heard a clip of Vance bitching about politicians without kids saying they can’t have a stake in the future. Dem’s massive campaign funds going to exploit to the full these mad rants that will put many middle ground voters off………you would hope.  Now at least there is some optimism whereas there was none.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, whelk said:

Harris is now 11/8 to be next president. I actually think she will win now. Trump and Vance have limited appeal and Vance isn’t convincing anyone worried about Trump so not the balanced ticket, actually is more extreme. Interesting to see Harris’s VP pick but got to be a white mail -Shapiro?

Heard a clip of Vance bitching about politicians without kids saying they can’t have a stake in the future. Dem’s massive campaign funds going to exploit to the full these mad rants that will put many middle ground voters off………you would hope.  Now at least there is some optimism whereas there was none.

Obama is apparently favouring an open convention where multiple candidates stand. I think Harris is good enough to win against Trump, but she's prone to brain freezes, just like Biden oddly enough. The argument I guess is do you go for someone who can beat Trump or look for someone who will win for eight years not just four.  

6 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Ohhh another big lie to rant about.

Biden is giving a speech today so hardly being hidden away. From what I could tell there was a great deal of pressure put on Biden from Democrats prior to Biden’s decision not to run for a second term, so I really don’t buy the conspiracy theory nonsense.

• Like 1

"I suspect that's the last we'll see of Biden, save from perhaps the occasional brief, heavily scripted recording, the best of five takes.  Certainly no live appearances, no questions, no walking." 

My previous prediction above.  We'll see how much of that comes true.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, saint francis said:

"I suspect that's the last we'll see of Biden, save from perhaps the occasional brief, heavily scripted recording, the best of five takes.  Certainly no live appearances, no questions, no walking." 

I am no expert on US politics but I am pretty sure that he doesn’t run the country on his own. There is no reason why he can’t keep things ticking over with his team while Harris is on the campaign trail

• Like 2

Oh we can certainly agree on that.  There'll be a whole machine engaged to manage affairs whilst all this is going on, namely the Democratic party.  I'm also far from expert either regarding US politics (or even UK politics) although recent events over there have been interesting to watch thus far.  

1 hour ago, saint francis said:

Well I guess we can discount "no walking" already.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/joe-biden-public-kamala-harris-president-b2584641.html

• Like 1

Ok, he did better than expected there.  I may have to take that one on the chin, although we did barely get to see his legs until the very end, could easily be some sort of travelator machinery at play.  

31 minutes ago, saint francis said:

Oh we can certainly agree on that.  There'll be a whole machine engaged to manage affairs whilst all this is going on, namely the Democratic party.  I'm also far from expert either regarding US politics (or even UK politics) although recent events over there have been interesting to watch thus far.  

I have more of a problem with Trump/Vance running the country for 4 years than an elderly Biden plodding along for a few more months. At least now there is hope that Trump won’t win.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, saint francis said:

Ok, he did better than expected there.  I may have to take that one on the chin, although we did barely get to see his legs until the very end, could easily be some sort of travelator machinery at play.  

I heard that there is a dwarf on each leg, under Biden's trousers, actually carrying him.

• Confused 1

Whatever anyone says, for a man of 78, Trump is a decent golfer, as can be seen from this great video, with Bryson De Chambeau. Trump has challenged Biden to a golf match, giving him 20 shots and if Biden wins, Trump will donate $1M to charity. I think his money is safe.

7 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Whatever anyone says, for a man of 78, Trump is a decent golfer, as can be seen from this great video, with Bryson De Chambeau. Trump has challenged Biden to a golf match, giving him 20 shots and if Biden wins, Trump will donate $1M to charity. I think his money is safe.

$1 million taken from donated funds, no doubt. Donnie never uses his own money.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Kind of funny how Donny gives it so much macho hard-man bluster but there he is on video openly admitting he is playing off the ladies’ tees all the way round.

Cant deny mind that at 78 he’s obviously still in reasonable nick around a course, even if his scores are probably as reliable as Kim Jung il’s..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Kind of funny how Donny gives it so much macho hard-man bluster but there he is on video openly admitting he is playing off the ladies’ tees all the way round.

Bryson's challenge is always played off the red tees, apart from when he played with Garcia. Nothing to do with Trump. They're trying to break 50, FFS.

Edited by Guided Missile

19 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Bryson's challenge is always played off the red tees, apart from when he played with Garcia. Nothing to do with Trump. They're trying to break 50, FFS.

Yes I know exactly what it is, I’ve watched quite a few of them.  It doesn’t stop me finding it funny :mcinnes:

Edited by The Kraken

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Yes I know exactly what it is, I’ve watched quite a few of them.  It doesn’t stop me finding it funny :mcinnes:

Yet you claim Trump is "openly admitting he is playing off the ladies’ tees all the way round", when you know that is the format Bryson has set up for his challenge. So, you make up a crock of shit and then find that concept funny. Personally, I find it pathetic. By all means criticize Trump for something real, but don't make up shit. 

#TDS

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

Yet you claim Trump is "openly admitting he is playing off the ladies’ tees all the way round", when you know that is the format Bryson has set up for his challenge. So, you make up a crock of shit and then find that concept funny. Personally, I find it pathetic. By all means criticize Trump for something real, but don't make up shit. 

#TDS

Sorry if I hurt you by laughing at your hero Donny, fella. I didn’t realise you were quite that much of a snowflake. Lesson learned.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guided Missile said:

#TDS

bless 

2 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

#TDS

Trump plays off the ladies tee because it really turns him on, everyone in golfing circles knows that.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

I feel bad now. Sounds like he’s really upset about it ☹️

You've been caught making shit up and are now doing it again. You are confusing me with someone that gives a shit about Trump's golf game. I'm more concerned about the integrity of this site. You've let the posters down, but more importantly, you've let yourself down. I hope you reflect on this in the future.

• Haha 4