Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

18 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

What can be unburdened by what has been.

When you put the comma in between 'be' and 'unburdened', as it is meant to be read and heard, it makes sense.

Yet again you prove that going to KES cannot put smart where it is not meant to go.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

The original and full quote was thus:

“When young children see someone who looks like them running for office they see themselves and what they can be, unburdened by what has been.”

Basically saying that  people can be what they dream to be without having to be burdened by racial or sexist prejudices of the past, and how the future doesn't have to be burdened by our guilt or missed opportunities of our past.

For some reason people like to pretend they can't understand it and everyone piles on. Similar to Cantona and the seagulls, it's clear to a 5 yr old what was meant, but it quickly becomes trendy to pretend you don't get it.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, pingpong said:

The original and full quote was thus:

“When young children see someone who looks like them running for office they see themselves and what they can be, unburdened by what has been.”

Basically saying that  people can be what they dream to be without having to be burdened by racial or sexist prejudices of the past, and how the future doesn't have to be burdened by our guilt or missed opportunities of our past.

For some reason people like to pretend they can't understand it and everyone piles on. Similar to Cantona and the seagulls, it's clear to a 5 yr old what was meant, but it quickly becomes trendy to pretend you don't get it.

So, people brighter than GM ?

• Like 2

Does Biden quitting make a Trump presidency more or less likely?? 

I can see arguments both ways. For a long time it was said that Trump was too divisive and that anyone other than Biden could beat him. Was that true? If so is that still the case? 

Edited by Tamesaint

33 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I can see arguments both ways. For a long time it was said that Trump was too divisive and that anyone other than Biden could beat him. Was that true? If so is that still the case? 

I think the Democrats have a chance now whereas under a wobbly Biden, Trump was nailed on. 

I was looking forward to the Harris / Vance VP debate but I guess we won't see that now.  Harris speaks quite eloquently and makes a decent argument.  I suspect Trump may struggle against her in a debate, because he struggles to debate at the best of times, whereas Biden was a no-contest. 

I can see her closing the gap, perhaps getting more ethnic minority votes than Biden might have, maybe more women too?   

2 minutes ago, saint francis said:

I can see her closing the gap, perhaps getting more ethnic minority votes than Biden might have, maybe more women too?   

Here's a novel idea. How about people voting for a candidate based on their perceived ability to be President of the US, rather than based on their sex, race or religion? I know it's a wild thought...

8 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Here's a novel idea. How about people voting for a candidate based on their perceived ability to be President of the US, rather than based on their sex, race or religion? I know it's a wild thought...

Which kind of falls flat when you consider that Trump has already served one term as President.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Sounds like a good idea, but this is America we are talking about. Just as with this country, many voters will blindly vote Red or Blue, but you also have to factor in those who will never vote for a non-white candidate, and issues such as abortion, religious zealotry, and gun ownership are high on the list of factors guiding how to vote, independent of wider policy.

And why do the Republicans want Biden to step down ? If he does the VP becomes President.

29 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

This is a wonderful sentiment, so let's remember that Trump is considered by most political historians to be in the bottom 5 US presidents of all time. He has already failed at the top job so why does he deserve a second chance? 

Harris is tremendously underwhelming as a candidate but the democrats have had the best donation day in history following Biden's resignation so their support is coalescing. I'd think Trump is still the favourite but now it's a razor thin margin as opposed to a shoo in and a couple of good moments and Harris (or whoever is nominated) will defeat him. 

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Hopefully he now has an opponent (if it is Kamala Harris) who will challenge him more than Biden could in his current state. Trump has a problem with strong, smart women. She will tie him in knots, the problem is how many people can’t or don’t want to see him for what and who he is. Biden doesn’t have the mental agility to trade blows with him. Harris does. He probably had it sown up before. Now he has a proper fight on his hands.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

I'm all for a meritocracy.  But we're talking about the USA right now, and I wouldn't presume that candidates ethnicity and gender won't be a factor.  

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Hopefully he now has an opponent (if it is Kamala Harris) who will challenge him more than Biden could in his current state. Trump has a problem with strong, smart women. She will tie him in knots, the problem is how many people can’t or don’t want to see him for what and who he is. Biden doesn’t have the mental agility to trade blows with him. Harris does. He probably had it sown up before. Now he has a proper fight on his hands.

Harris is pretty unpopular in the states and if you look at the polls, her approval and disapproval ratings are actually in line with Biden's. Trump will wipe the floor with her.  The Democrats need to come up with someone stronger, which they do have in their ranks, but Harris is mostly definitely not the answer. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Harris is pretty unpopular in the states and if you look at the polls, her approval and disapproval ratings are actually in line with Biden's. Trump will wipe the floor with her.  The Democrats need to come up with someone stronger, which they do have in their ranks, but Harris is mostly definitely not the answer. 

Not sure there is a better candidate at this point, not least because Harris is only one that can use donated funds.

Get the feeling the hope is that even if she loses in she won't have the same drag factor as Biden was having on the down ticket (house/Senate elections) and gives them hope of avoiding the nightmare scenario where Trump has presidency/house/senate and supreme court.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The fact that her ratings mirror Biden's indicates she is being judged as part of his administration rather than on her own merits. Being the candidate will mean she is assessed for how she performs under close scrutiny for four months. I've seen her be awesome in interviews and also gabbling and uninspiring. I guess it will all depend how well she rises to the occasion / crumbles under pressure.  

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

That's little orange Donny out then. I agree rapist, felon, fraudster and wannabe King for Life more important qualities than white male.   

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

How about allowing people the freedom to vote on what ever god damn metric they choose.

37 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

How about allowing people the freedom to vote on what ever god damn metric they choose.

Not that I agree with GM but I have to say that whilst anyone is free to vote however they like, if someone is voting for someone primarily because of their skin colour, race or some other shallow immutable characteristic then I'm going to judge them and think they are an idiot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not that I agree with GM but I have to say that whilst anyone is free to vote however they like, if someone is voting for someone primarily because of their skin colour, race or some other shallow immutable characteristic then I'm going to judge them and think they are an idiot. 

It may sound superficial but I couldn’t vote for anyone who doesn’t have two complete ears.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm pretty certain your judgement of them means nothing to 100% of people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fan The Flames said:

I'm pretty certain your judgement of them means nothing to 100% of people.

I'll take this as confirmation that you vote based on the race or sex of the candidate and judge you accordingly. 

8 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

Would that rule out a serial lying, convicted felon, thieving, rapist?

• Like 4

Sounds like Trump is scared to debate her from his ramblings today.

Also, wankstains like Elon Musk seem to be panicking a bit. No doubt Putin, Xi and Kim are not best pleased either.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, benjii said:

Donnie doesn't like smart women. From his perspective that means 85% of the female population. The remaining 15% are certifiable, redneck, gun toting, God fearing, MAGA morons with double digit IQs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benjii said:

Also, wankstains like Elon Musk seem to be panicking a bit. No doubt Putin, Xi and Kim are not best pleased either.

Let’s be honest it’s likely more because there isn’t a particular upside to guaranteeing her that oxygen burst of publicity at this point.

6 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Can you not embed videos here anymore or am I being dumb? 

Think that cunt Musk has done something as I can’t either. Used to work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Think that cunt Musk has done something as I can’t either. Used to work.

You need to replace the x but of the url with twitter and I think it works. Could be wrong. 

Edited by hypochondriac

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I'll take this as confirmation that you vote based on the race or sex of the candidate and judge you accordingly. 

I'll take this as confirmation that you are as thick as I've always thought you to be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Has there been any word from Biden yet? All a little odd. Wild speculation on social media that he is seriously ill. 

In a massive huff.

Taking time to remove all the pointy cutlery from his back

Keeps saying "Trump" instead of "Harris" when rehearsing his "I give you the next President of the United States..." speech.

Taking time to fully recover after the stresses of being on the campaign trail, plus covid.

So the Democrats are sticking with the "Covid" excuse for dropping out rather than Biden's apparent declining mental state.  I don't think anybody's buying it.  So is their plan to continue to hide Biden away while he further declines yet continues to remain President, potentially until January?  It would be a big lie if/when the truth is eventually uncovered.  

• Haha 2

My wife's theory over the Trump shooting is that it was faked; the sniper deliberately missed and when the Secret Service men finally got Donnie down behind the podium, one of them nicked his ear with a hole punch, like those used to make leather belts.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

My wife's theory over the Trump shooting is that it was faked; the sniper deliberately missed and when the Secret Service men finally got Donnie down behind the podium, one of them nicked his ear with a hole punch, like those used to make leather belts.

that’s what Vance would be peddling if was Biden. Conspiracy nuts strangely silent.

1 hour ago, saint francis said:

So the Democrats are sticking with the "Covid" excuse for dropping out rather than Biden's apparent declining mental state.  I don't think anybody's buying it.  So is their plan to continue to hide Biden away while he further declines yet continues to remain President, potentially until January?  It would be a big lie if/when the truth is eventually uncovered.  

The footage of him posted since he contracted Covid make him look even more fragile so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that this was what made the decision for him to stand down inevitable. The important thing is that he has decided not to run rather what made him change his mind. There was certainly plenty of pressure being put on him to stand down from within the party.

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

The footage of him posted since he contracted Covid make him look even more fragile so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that this was what made the decision for him to stand down inevitable. The important thing is that he has decided not to run rather what made him change his mind. There was certainly plenty of pressure being put on him to stand down from within the party.

If it turns out to be declining mental ability and the Democrats, including Harris, lied about that fact and are continuing to cover it up, it won't look good for them.  Especially as he remains in post as President.  

I suspect that's the last we'll see of Biden, save from perhaps the occasional brief, heavily scripted recording, the best of five takes.  Certainly no live appearances, no questions, no walking.  Failing that, a robot lookilikey or an AI representation.   

9 minutes ago, saint francis said:

If it turns out to be declining mental ability and the Democrats, including Harris, lied about that fact and are continuing to cover it up, it won't look good for them.  Especially as he remains in post as President.  

I suspect that's the last we'll see of Biden, save from perhaps the occasional brief, heavily scripted recording, the best of five takes.  Certainly no live appearances, no questions, no walking.  Failing that, a robot lookilikey or an AI representation.   

If they weren’t privy to his doctor’s reports and going by what he was telling them that is not lying. He has been adamant all along that he was up to the job. Perhaps they were all telling him behind the scenes that he wasn’t, but not a good look for those working closely with him to call him out publically. You don’t see many Republican’s calling out Trump’s lack of cognitive ability. It’s a bit rich for them to call out the Democrats over Biden when they are supporting the biggest fruitcake ever to stand/be elected as POTUS.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, saint francis said:

Not really, trump was decrepit for years and got through a whole term without his vp calling him out or pressure to stand down. This is a minor cover up in comparison.

• Like 1