Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

3 hours ago, farawaysaint said:

Pelosi and Schiffer publicly pressuring Biden to step down. Absolute scenes. 

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Plus Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries.

They've been saying quietly behind the scenes it was time to quit and he's refused. He could have gone with dignity. Hope this doesnt get messy, would be terrible for everyone apart from Trump.   

25 minutes ago, trousers said:

Now add Obama to the list of Biden doubters.... 

I mean if you are not a doubter you must have lost it yourself.  Will be medical grounds and will be out by the week. I know fck all of course

• Like 1

Emily Maitlis at the RNC. Some absolute fucking headcases she has been interviewing. Frightening how deluded they are, none more so than Giuliani. Felt like he needed to be sectioned

Edited by whelk
Maitlis
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, whelk said:

Emily Maitless is at the RNC. Some absolute fucking headcases she has been interviewing. Frightening how deluded they are, none more so than Giuliani. Felt like he needed to be sectioned

Did you see her with Keri Lake, former TV host turned nutter? 

16 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Did you see her with Keri Lake, former TV host turned nutter? 

Yep - deranged halfwit. They all think we are living under Sharia law in the UK. I like Maitlis smirking/sneering at what she knows is top copy. Majorie Taylor mentalhead a few weeks back telling her to fuck off was funny too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whelk said:

I like Maitlis smirking/sneering at what she knows is top copy. Majorie Taylor mentalhead a few weeks back telling her to fuck off was funny too.

Ha yep, my favourite bits too. She sets the trap, they blunder in and are too unaware to realise how it looks to the sway voters they need.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

They've been saying quietly behind the scenes it was time to quit and he's refused. He could have gone with dignity. Hope this doesnt get messy, would be terrible for everyone apart from Trump.   

I think they would get some credit belatedly if they finally act with total ruthlessness, pull their finger out and announce their preferred candidates ahead of the convention with Biden not on them.

It’s rare to not select a one-term sitting President but they aren’t obliged to either. They’ve tried to be respectful and polite and it hasn’t worked so the party leaders and major donors just need to tell him he won’t be selected at the convention. If he doesn’t like it, tough shit.

When you confuse your own black, female VP with Donald Trump and then Ukraine President with Putin, I don’t give a fuck if the rest of the speech was coherent, there’s no way back from that. Biden is being a selfish prick and the Democrats need to switch into hard-headed mode and make a rational political decision.

Give him 48 hours to step back from the race or ensure if when wont do so that Harris takes over as President next week due to Biden’s ‘illness’ (unspecified) until the election and ahead of selecting the candidate at the convention. Tough but fair. He won’t want to not finish his term so that is the right threat to use.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

They’ve tried to be respectful and polite and it hasn’t worked so the party leaders and major donors just need to tell him he won’t be selected at the convention. If he doesn’t like it, tough shit.

I don't disagree at all - its time for him to go willingly or unwillingly. I just don't know how much support he still has within the party - and a public split and internal fratricide would be equally damaging. A smooth and agreed transition in the next week should be the goal if at all possible      

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 3

Trump's short lived press secretary Anthony Scaramucci and Katty Kaye host a podcast - "The Rest is Politics American version." For a couple of weeks now they have been predicting a new Democratic candidate. 

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Like 2

It was said recently that it would end for Biden when Obama and Clinton told him it was time to go. He himself said he would stand down on medical advice which gives him the option to bow out without losing face. Please do Joe.

2 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It was said recently that it would end for Biden when Obama and Clinton told him it was time to go. He himself said he would stand down on medical advice which gives him the option to bow out without losing face. Please do Joe.

He'll be gone before Monday. COVID as the reason, can't commit to the campaign as needed despite being the man for the job, or similar I'd imagine. Too late though imo, the Trump bandwagon ain't stopping now unfortunately. 

• Sad 1

Interesting interview last night Victoria Derbyshire - James Comey (former head of the FBI) 

When questioned about J D Vance's comments on Ukraine, Comey reckoned that Vance (and Trump) are likely to change their views when presented with updated Intelligence briefings on Russia as and when the Republicans win the election.

2 hours ago, egg said:

Too late though imo, the Trump bandwagon ain't stopping now unfortunately. 

I don't think that's a given. Biden and Trump's polling figures have been remarkably close for years - less than 2% until very recently and largely unaffected by events you would think would have a major, major impact - like convictions and shootings. What happens to Kennedy's 9-10% of the vote will be pivotal and a strong Democratic candidate should hoover up most of those. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/

image.thumb.png.f59921857a58c8b1ec2d67f497ba6969.png      

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I don't think that's a given. Biden and Trump's polling figures have been remarkably close for years - less than 2% until very recently and largely unaffected by events you would think would have a major, major impact - like convictions and shootings. What happens to Kennedy's 9-10% of the vote will be pivotal and a strong Democratic candidate should hoover up most of those. 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/

image.thumb.png.f59921857a58c8b1ec2d67f497ba6969.png      

Trump has clearly had a recent bounce but polls showed previously that any Democrat other than Biden would win

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buctootim said:

They know most of the punters the punters are

Moronic statement from GM. They used to have huge accuracy with politics but that changed as had Clinton in2016 and remain in Brexit as massive favourites. Not exactly ‘never’

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Guided Missile said:

Bookies are never wrong:

Go on GM. Bet on Trump with your profits from buying Trump Media shares... oh sorry. I forgot you lost money on those shares. 

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

According to the fact checkers, Trump told 22 lies in his Republican nomination acceptance speech. So much for being a changed man. Here are some of them.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/18/trump-rnc-fact-check

God saved him so that he could carry on talking shit? 

Brilliant. The first of those 'lies'...

During his speech, Trump claimed that the country has had the worst inflation ever under the Biden administration.

This claim is misleading. Biden was in office for record-high inflation in June 2022, when it stood at 9.1% – the highest since 1981. But inflation has also since come down in the past two years.

So not a lie then.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

During his speech, Trump claimed that the country has had the worst inflation ever under the Biden administration.

This claim is misleading. Biden was in office for record-high inflation in June 2022, when it stood at 9.1% – the highest since 1981. But inflation has also since come down in the past two years.

So not a lie then.

Worst ever doesn’t exclude before 1981. He is full of shit and always will be

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

So not a lie then.

Are you going to go through all of them?

2 hours ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

So not a lie then.

The US's highest ever recorded inflation rate was 20.49% in 1917, so a lie.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

Just staggering how inept the security forces were.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-rally-shooter-drone-b2583103.html

Apparently it was decided not to place marksmen on the roof that the shooter used because of health and safety concerns over the pitch. The pitch of the roof where the security guy  was stationed who shot the shooter was steeper. Go figure.

On 19/07/2024 at 11:33, Guided Missile said:

Bookies are never wrong:

Kamala harris is splitting the bets, once it is more clear who the democrat candidate will be, those odds will narrow.

Harris currently shorter odds than Biden, so there is already a lot of movement.

9 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Biden out. Well I’m not sure at this stage it’ll change much.

It will change everything imo. People didnt want to vote for either Trump or Biden.  

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, buctootim said:

It will change everything imo. People didnt want to vote for either Trump or Biden.  

I don’t see a great candidate in the wings to swing the momentum enough in swing states even if democrats agree one immediately.

• Confused 1

Just now, Baird of the land said:

I don’t see a great candidate in the wings to swing the momentum enough in swing states even if democrats agree one immediately.

It's not as if there is a great gulf to bridge - Trump only leads Biden by around 3%. Whoever it is simply needs to be moderate and communicate well and they'll win relatively easily imo. Harris is more popular than people give her credit for - its not totally unlike Starmer. People dont love him but thought he was better than the other choices.     

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Great news! It’s a shame that he didn’t pull out earlier but he has finally done the right thing. Hopefully, if it is Kamala Harris, she will fight a Starmer campaign and present as dull but solid and let the batshit craziness surrounding Trump do it’s work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

I agree, overdue, but had to happen. If it is Harris, that will be a trap for Trump’s base - they’ve been abusing Vance’s wife and kids already for being multiracial, so Harris will be catnip for the Klan, Proud Boys, domestic Neo Nazis and state militia groups which hang around Trump. Obama to be more visible I reckon which will dredge all of the ludicrous birther conspiracy theories up again, which was also always driven by race.

It’ll also remind swing voters of Trump’s record on women’s rights, and the issue of his Supreme Court appointees dreadful rollback of Roe Vs Wade. It won’t affect the core base and evangelist fruit loops, but allied to his recent convictions and January 6 hangover, will be an issue with undecideds and importantly help the Democrats get their own base out, especially women and minorities.

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 5

Sad that an inevitable decision took so long, but better late than never. Hopefully the Democrats get their act together and either throw their support behind Harris or nominate another sharpish. The Trump campaign seems to have all sorts of momentum.