Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

What the fuck was Donnie blathering about claiming that the Democrats want to extend abortion rights to enable babies to be killed after they are born ?

More importantly how is Biden so decrepit that he didn’t point out that you cannot abort a baby after it is born that would be a simple case of murder and carry a life sentence or the death penalty in some states!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

If Trump wins the the primary reason is the Democrats failing to be even vaguely competent. They will only have themselves to blame. 

Last night was the dashboard flashing red and the engine management light coming on for the Democrats. They need to sort it out over the next seven days and have a candidate unveiled by this time next week. Trump’s core base are pretty much the Reform canvassers in Clacton on steroids, so whoever the Democrats replace Biden in the race with they’ll hate, whether it’s racism, homophobia etc.

It’s about the Democrat core vote - that’s enough alone to win because for all the noise, Trump is some way off getting the Republican core - and any waverers. 

Harris is one of two obvious options, or Shapiro. Newsom is too liberal for outside of the west coast and NE seaboard https://www.ft.com/content/dc926ca5-ce06-4234-9caf-87236aa2ccf2

If they all want to put party before country and wait for 2028 - I have news for them. There might not be a 2028 election if Trump wins.

Edit - change won’t to might for Hypo, as I agree that’s it not a foregone conclusion Trump won’t stop at 2 terms.

AlexLaw76 - I’m at three posts until later - so here’s why I put that at the end. Look at 6 January attempted insurgency, the disputing the 2020 result which Biden clearly won, the attempts to intimidate state officials - and the list goes on, as well as the associated court cases

Edited by Gloucester Saint

6 minutes ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Last night was the dashboard flashing red and the engine management light coming on for the Democrats. They need to sort it out over the next seven days and have a candidate unveiled by this time next week. Trump’s core base are pretty much the Reform canvassers in Clacton on steroids, so whoever the Democrats replace Biden in the race with they’ll hate, whether it’s racism, homophobia etc.

It’s about the Democrat core vote - that’s enough alone to win because for all the noise, Trump is some way off getting the Republican core - and any waverers. 

Harris is one of two obvious options, or Shapiro. Newsom is too liberal for outside of the west coast and NE seaboard https://www.ft.com/content/dc926ca5-ce06-4234-9caf-87236aa2ccf2

If they all want to put party before country and wait for 2028 - I have news for them. There won’t be a 2028 election if Trump wins.

Agreed with almost all of that apart from the ridiculous catastrophising at the end. 

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Why do people say / believe drivel like that?

If you follow some American commentators they say mental things like that all the time. I expect it's effective at rubbing off onto the general public as evidenced just now. 

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Why do people say / believe drivel like that?

Well he did try to overturn the result of the last election, insight an attempted insurrection and still to this day refuses to accept the legitimate result of a democratic process....

Hopefully the US courts etc are too strong/sensible to allow him to do anything really stupid but I wouldn't bet against him trying to remain longer than he is allowed. 

• Like 3

Just now, a1ex2001 said:

Well he did try to overturn the result of the last election, insight an attempted insurrection and still to this day refuses to accept the legitimate result of a democratic process....

Hopefully the US courts etc are too strong/sensible to allow him to do anything really stupid but I wouldn't bet against him trying to remain longer than he is allowed. 

People refused to accept the Brexit result, Boris winning, and all matter of things they do not agree with.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

People refused to accept the Brexit result, Boris winning, and all matter of things they do not agree with.

No serious politician in the UK said the brexit vote or Boris winning was a fix, or blamed made up postal votes etc etc.  Conflating people not being happy with the outcome with the actions Trump took after the last US election is part of the reason he gets away with such ludicrous behaviour. 

Edited by a1ex2001
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

No serious politician in the UK said the brexit vote or Boris winning was a fix, or blamed made up postal votes etc etc.  Conflating people not being happy with the outcome with the actions Trump took after the last US election is part of the reason he gets away with such ludicrous behaviour. 

And yet, there was an election in the first place, as there will be in 2028

20 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Did you read on X someone saying January 6th was just like Brexit. Or is it an original thought of yours? Whichever it is doesn’t really reflect well on you

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

And yet, there was an election in the first place, as there will be in 2028

That’s fine you hand wave away his anti democratic behaviour, fingers crossed the system remains strong enough to resist him. Which as you say it likely will but I suspect it won’t be for lack of him trying to undermine it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

Even if he did attempt that which I don't think he will, it's not going to be the end of elections it's beyond stupid to believe that. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Even if he did attempt that which I don't think he will, it's not going to be the end of elections it's beyond stupid to believe that. 

They have elections in Russia, China, and Belarus. It is not the fact they take place, it is how much they are manipulated, and why Trump's behaviour and rhetoric worry people.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

That’s fine you hand wave away his anti democratic behaviour, fingers crossed the system remains strong enough to resist him. Which as you say it likely will but I suspect it won’t be for lack of him trying to undermine it!

"there won't be a 2028 election if Trump wins" is an idiotic statement. I'll bet you any amount that you like that there will be. 

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I don’t think it will be the end of elections but he could well make the transition even more sketchy than last time!

imagine for a moment the morning of the 5th July and Rishi realising he has lost but instead of taking to the lecturn and graciously conceding defeat (which is what he will do more or less) announcing that the election was stolen with made up votes, that he in fact won and that he intends to take legal action to prove that and calling on his supporters to rise up.  He would still get moved on but the damage you do with prominent politicians undermining democracy like this is palpable.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

They have elections in Russia, China, and Belarus. It is not the fact they take place, it is how much they are manipulated, and why Trump's behaviour and rhetoric worry people.

So what are you saying then? If Trump wins there won't be free and fair elections next time around? At least be clear about what you're saying rather than dancing around it. 

Just now, a1ex2001 said:

I don’t think it will be the end of elections but he could well make the transition even more sketchy than last time!

imagine for a moment the morning of the 5th July and Rishi realising he has lost but instead of taking to the lecturn and graciously conceding defeat (which is what he will do more or less) announcing that the election was stolen with made up votes, that he in fact won and that he intends to take legal action to prove that and calling on his supporters to rise up.  He would still get moved on but the damage you do with prominent politicians undermining democracy like this is palpable.  

Yeah not accepting defeat graciously is not good for democracy I agree. That's a different point though. 

Just now, hypochondriac said:

So what are you saying then? If Trump wins there won't be free and fair elections next time around? At least be clear about what you're saying rather than dancing around it. 

People are saying that that is a possibility not that it will definitely happen but that it is more likely under Trump than Biden.

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Que ?

Are you confusing me with Alex ?

What I said is that some people are worried that Trump's behaviour, and the actions of many Republican controlled State legislatures, are undermining the 'Free and Fair' aspects of US electoral processes.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Que ?

Are you confusing me with Alex ?

Genuinely no idea what you're saying. You think that the elections will take place next time but that people will be manipulated by Trump's behaviour and rhetoric? Again, Trump's poor behaviour is not the same thing as there not being an election which was the nonsense claim I was laughing at. 

2 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

People are saying that that is a possibility not that it will definitely happen but that it is more likely under Trump than Biden.

No that isn't what was claimed you can go back and read it if you like. Even if that were the claim, it's a ridiculous one and makes you look silly. Happy to revisit this thread in a few years when there's another presidential election with two candidates like normal if you like. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Genuinely no idea what you're saying. You think that the elections will take place next time but that people will be manipulated by Trump's behaviour and rhetoric? Again, Trump's poor behaviour is not the same thing as there not being an election which was the nonsense claim I was laughing at. 

No. You stated that elections will still take place, my point is that there are Elections and "Elections".  Trump has already planted the seeds of doubt concerning how postal votes are counted and how ballot boxes can be 'stuffed', some of this shit will have stuck. Many Republican controlled legislatures are changing Electoral Law to restirct postal votes, impose stricter controls on where and how people can vote, and there are accusations of gerrymandered electoral districts that disenfranchise certain demographics. One state, Georgia, has even tried to pass a law that it is illegal to offer food and drink to people queueing to vote, whilst cutting the number of polling stations such that these queues will become longer.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

No. You stated that elections will still take place, my point is that there are Elections and "Elections".  Trump has already planted the seeds of doubt concerning how postal votes are counted and how ballot boxes can be 'stuffed', some of this shit will have stuck. Many Republican controlled legislatures are changing Electoral Law to restirct postal votes, impose stricter controls on where and how people can vote, and there are accusations of gerrymandered electoral districts that disenfranchise certain demographics. One state, Georgia, has even tried to pass a law that it is illegal to offer food and drink to people queueing to vote, whilst cutting the number of polling stations such that these queues will become longer.

It's just scaremongering to suggest this stuff is going to be widespread. Postal voting is shit anyway it's wide open for potential abuse. I would suggest that anyone moaning about electoral fraud if Trump wins is pretty rich considering how much Trump was rightly condemned for the same thing. Politicians on both sides try to change laws to improve their chances of winning abd I disagree whenever anyone does it (look at labour trying to sign everyone up to vote and then letting 16 year olds vote in this country for example.)

Edited by hypochondriac

21 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's just scaremongering to suggest this stuff is going to be widespread. Postal voting is shit anyway it's wide open for potential abuse. I would suggest that anyone moaning about electoral fraud if Trump wins is pretty rich considering how much Trump was rightly condemned for the same thing. Politicians on both sides try to change laws to improve their chances of winning abd I disagree whenever anyone does it (look at labour trying to sign everyone up to vote and then letting 16 year olds vote in this country for example.)

The problem is that it doesn't have to be widespread, remember the "all I want you to do is find 11,780 votes" phone call. The winning margin for Biden in 3 States and 1 of Nebraska's 2 Electoral Districts was less than 25 thousand votes, and in Georgia it was the aformentioned 11,780.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

It’s already stuck enough that Nigel Farage was repeating it the other day and then using it to support a ridiculous accusation that there is a significant problem with dodgy UK postal votes.  Before you know it people will believe him (Much like Trump some people will believe anything he says) and start parroting it as truth left right and centre and it all adds together to undermine faith in democracy that is essential for it to function correctly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

WTF are you talking about? Who refused to accept the Brexit result or Johnson’s election? Don’t you understand that there is a massive difference between not being happy about something and not accepting it. A prime example of someone not accepting something is Donald Trump when he lost to Biden. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

WTF are you talking about? Who refused to accept the Brexit result or Johnson’s election? Don’t you understand that there is a massive difference between not being happy about something and not accepting it. A prime example of someone not accepting something is Donald Trump when he lost to Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, whelk said:

You understand the difference between protest and conspiracy theories? 

i would say clashing with police whist screaming "not my prime minister" and demanding a second referendum would class as "not accepting the vote" 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, whelk said:

You understand the difference between protest and conspiracy theories? 

There were loads of examples of people saying we should ignore the result or overturn it immediately because the people were brainwashed or it was only advisory. Wouldn't have said that if the result was the one they wanted of course... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

There were loads of examples of people saying we should ignore the result or overturn it immediately because the people were brainwashed or it was only advisory. Wouldn't have said that if the result was the one they wanted of course... 

Still a massive difference to what a Trump did. Wanting a second referendum because you felt people were lied to is completely different to making up conspiracy theories about a vote being rigged.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It was advisory. Cameron made the decision to go with it. People weren’t brainwashed, they were lied to. Farage said clearly that if he had lost he would have continued to fight against the result. 
People can say ignore it all they like, it happened. I don’t remember any attempts to storm Parliament, do you?

The sad thing is that the majority now realise that it was a huge mistake, but us, being compliant cap doffers, mutter behind our curtains and let the damage continue. Even both of the main parties are afraid to mention Brexit in their campaigns because the word has become so toxic. Still, you got what you wanted so all’s good eh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Still a massive difference to what a Trump did. Wanting a second referendum because you felt people were lied to is completely different to making up conspiracy theories about a vote being rigged.

Of course but I wasn't talking about Trump. 

29 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

It was advisory. Cameron made the decision to go with it. People weren’t brainwashed, they were lied to. Farage said clearly that if he had lost he would have continued to fight against the result. 
People can say ignore it all they like, it happened. I don’t remember any attempts to storm Parliament, do you?

The sad thing is that the majority now realise that it was a huge mistake, but us, being compliant cap doffers, mutter behind our curtains and let the damage continue. Even both of the main parties are afraid to mention Brexit in their campaigns because the word has become so toxic. Still, you got what you wanted so all’s good eh?

Absolutely hilarious. Yeah no one refused to accept the result... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Absolutely hilarious. Yeah no one refused to accept the result... 

FFS it's a simple concept.

There's not accepting a vote because you're pissed off it happened, then trying democratically to change it. Which people are entitled to do, just like the people who campaigned for it in the first place. You're demonising democratic processes.

Then there's claiming that the election result is false because it was a fix, trying to find a way to overturn the result and rallying your supporters to storm the capital building to kill Mike Pence. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

FFS it's a simple concept.

There's not accepting a vote because you're pissed off it happened, then trying democratically to change it. Which people are entitled to do, just like the people who campaigned for it in the first place. You're demonising democratic processes.

Then there's claiming that the election result is false because it was a fix, trying to find a way to overturn the result and rallying your supporters to storm the capital building to kill Mike Pence. 

Again I wasn't comparing the two. I was simply challenging the earlier claim that no one refused to accept the brexit result. Quite obviously they did. It's not the same thing as Donald clearly but I never claimed it was. 

FFS

Edited by hypochondriac

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

Again I wasn't comparing the two. I was simply challenging the earlier claim that no one refused to accept the brexit result. Quite obviously they did. It's not the same thing as Donald clearly but I never claimed it was. 

FFS

No one refused to accept the Brexit result in the way Trump refused to accept the election result, that was the point.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

No one refused to accept the Brexit result in the way Trump refused to accept the election result, that was the point.

"WTF are you talking about? Who refused to accept the Brexit result or Johnson’s election?" 

That's clearly factually inaccurate. People did refuse to accept the result but no as far as I'm aware it wasn't the same as Trump. 

10 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

8 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

"WTF are you talking about? Who refused to accept the Brexit result or Johnson’s election?" 

That's clearly factually inaccurate. People did refuse to accept the result but no as far as I'm aware it wasn't the same as Trump. 

You’ve done it again. We were pulling Batman up for conflating Trump’s reaction to losing his election bid to the reaction to the Brexit result and Johnson’s election, which were clearly very different. You tried to turn it into something else.

No one could ignore Brexit. It happened whether people liked or not, but you won’t find people reacting in the same way that Trump did. Calling for a second referendum is very different to storming Capitol Hill. Pointing out the factual inaccuracies in the Brexit campaign isn’t like phoning up officials and asking them to find another 11,000 votes. Batman’s point was ridiculous and that is what has been pointed out to him, and you.

Put simply, you won’t find anybody who doesn’t accept that Brexit happened or that Johnson was elected. Trump didn’t and still doesn’t accept that he lost the last election.

You do this all of the time. You are quick to jump in and support the Trumps, Hopkins, Robinsons of this world. Not a peep from you when some fruitcakes in the Reform Party make deeply racist remarks. What do these people all have in common? Oh yes, an extreme political agenda.

Whilst we are at it, your constant use of laughing emojis on the Israel thread are beyond sick. Grow up for God’s sake.

Edited by sadoldgit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Obfuscation, you knew the context. Nevermind.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

If you follow some American commentators they say mental things like that all the time. I expect it's effective at rubbing off onto the general public as evidenced just now. 

Im not sure it is is drivel. Trump assumed he was going to win re-election in 2020 and just before the election he brought in section F powers which enabled him to make almost any Government employee directly accountable to the President simply by changing the definition of what is a political appointment.

Currently when the Presidency changes around 4,000 jobs change -  Anthony Blinken', Ambassador to Bahrein etc. Trump wants to expand that to include about 50,000 employees to make currently non political branches of government accountable to him also. That means, in theory he can tell the Director of NOAAA which way he wants the path of a Hurricane to be reported or the Director of the FDA to declare that injecting with bleach to cure covid is safe, that NASA have landed men on Pluto or the people responsible for ballot counting that indeed he won the election. Essentially, at max, you wouldn't be able to trust any of the information you are currently given and only hear what the President wants you to hear - exactly like China and Russia.    

Trump said what he wants to do and gave himself the powers in October 2020 to carry it out. He just never got the chance to implement it because Biden won in 2020 and rescinded them. If he'd done it a few months earlier Biden wouldnt have won - we know that from his reaction to the count.  

https://protectdemocracy.org/work/trumps-schedule-f-plan-explained/#:~:text=In October 2020%2C the Trump,to the president when hiring.

https://www.globalgovernmentforum.com/republicans-could-politicise-50000-civil-service-jobs-us-academic-warns/  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-retribution-agenda-government-workers-schedule-f-rcna78785

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Im not sure it is is drivel. I read a long article in a serious publication, honestly cant remember which now set out Trump's team planned to get unfettered control of the US - and essentially its simply by changing the definition of political appointments. Currently when the Presidency changes around 4,000 jobs change -  Anthony Blinken', Ambassador to Bahrein etc. and they are all accountable to the President.

Trump wants to expand that to include about 50,000 employees to make currently non political branches of government accountable to him also. That means he can tell the Director of NOAAA which way he wants the path of a Hurricane to be reported or the Director of the FDA to declare that injecting with bleach to cure covid is safe, that NASA have landed men on Pluto. Essentially you wouldnt be able to trust any of the information you are currently given and only hear what the President wants you to hear - exactly like China and Russia.    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

If Trump wins, I can see a lot of chatter about him being able to run for a third term, legitimately.

Both Reagan and Clinton thought the 22 Amendment should be changed and so does Trump. Part of his argument will be that he didn't lose the 2020 election and so was denied the benefits of consecutive administrations.

18 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Im not sure it is is drivel. I read a long article in a serious publication, honestly cant remember which now set out Trump's team planned to get unfettered control of the US - and essentially its simply by changing the definition of political appointments. Currently when the Presidency changes around 4,000 jobs change -  Anthony Blinken', Ambassador to Bahrein etc. and they are all accountable to the President.

Trump wants to expand that to include about 50,000 employees to make currently non political branches of government accountable to him also. That means he can tell the Director of NOAAA which way he wants the path of a Hurricane to be reported or the Director of the FDA to declare that injecting with bleach to cure covid is safe, that NASA have landed men on Pluto. Essentially you wouldnt be able to trust any of the information you are currently given and only hear what the President wants you to hear - exactly like China and Russia.    

Well he did precisely none of what you just described over his last four years. Let's revisit this conversation should he win again and see what actually transpires. 

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Well he did precisely none of what you just described over his last four years. Let's revisit this conversation should he win again and see what actually transpires. 

He gave himself the power to do it in October 2020. He was just too slow and when Biden won he rescinded them. My first post wasnt well written, amended now   

Edited by buctootim

12 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Not been done yet, but look up Project2025, it's coming. Watch John Oliver's video that I posted in the other 'America is a fucking great dumpster fire' thread if you like.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LVSaint said:

Not been done yet, but look up Project2025, it's coming. Watch John Oliver's video that I posted in the other 'America is a fucking great dumpster fire' thread if you like.

FYI, it's geo-locked.