Walcott & Sturridge in?

the colonel

Embarrassing for them to have to move to Southampton according to the idiot Durham on Talk****e. 'Sturridge would be signing for a club well below the level of his skills! Southampton are club with no ambition or direction.'
To be honest its true . He won't want to come to us . If he was in form we could never get him .

To be honest I wouldn't want either of them . Both are injury prone has beens who we would have to pay over the odds to buy . You guys complain about Austin at 4 million . Walcott would be 20 plus million .

Not a decent fit for the challenge Reed has lumbered us with

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

sturridge will go to stoke on loan, defo a mark hughes signing

Hopefully. I'd rather he spent a large proportion of the remaining season on their treatment table rather than ours.

Press reports suggest Liverpool want to sell rather than loan though.

Hopefully. I'd rather he spent a large proportion of the remaining season on their treatment table rather than ours.

Press reports suggest Liverpool want to sell rather than loan though.

Could Sturridge end up at Everton? Stupid enough to pay the wages and fee. I don't know what the precedence is for players moving between the Merseyside clubs.

As for Walcott, not sure how committed he would be on loan. It sounds like the only way we would get him. Arse paying half his wages would make it viable I would have thought.

Not sure I fancy him based on arsenal fans comments. Usual online jibes aside they don't rate him too highly.

Edited by jasonb

It's what he does, another professional troll trying to drum up a reaction by being outspoken. On the occasions that I find myself listening to his show I find him and Gough bloody embarrassing. Awful presenters who have resorted to such depths in order to get people to phone and contribute. Crap.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I get that’s the way the buffoon works so it was almost a LOL moment at this lame attempt. Trouble is I was having to concentrate on driving in one of those 50 mph restricted lane thingies in the dark on the M4 at the time.

Quotes from an Arsenal fan account called The Bottom Corner on Twitter:

Walcott is now a Southampton player. Announced before end of next week or even as early as Monday. 100% done.

When questioned:

I said Ozil and Walcott are done. Ready to risk my account on those.

No idea how valid an account it is but it might back up K,Billy's comment from yesterday?

If we've blown £30m on Walcott, we've been absolutely mugged. We only sold Mane for about £35m.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

its hard to make comparisons like that though because Mane was two summers ago and football player transfer inflation seems to go up with every transfer and has gone through the roof since Mane was sold (and he would be worth loads more than 35mil if he was sold tomorrow) . At the end of the day if Walcott comes in and scores the goals to keep us up its money well spent.

Right now our squad is lacking pace and a natural goalscorer !

Right now we are in serious danger of going down !

Walcott = pace !

Sturridge = goals !

Sure there is a big risk in terms of fitness but do we prefer to stick with the longer term policy of signing younger, inexperienced players with potential sell-on value or do we take a gamble ??

For me, it's a 'no-brainer'. Get the two of them in (on loan if possible) sharpish and watch their quality light up SMS !

Time to roll the dice IMHO !

Right now our squad is lacking pace and a natural goalscorer !

Right now we are in serious danger of going down !

Walcott = pace !

Sturridge = goals !

Sure there is a big risk in terms of fitness but do we prefer to stick with the longer term policy of signing younger, inexperienced players with potential sell-on value or do we take a gamble ??

For me, it's a 'no-brainer'. Get the two of them in (on loan if possible) sharpish and watch their quality light up SMS !

Time to roll the dice IMHO !

No Loans. In a relegation battle you need committed players human nature means loan players just won't care enough to be really committed imo.

They do if they want to get in the World Cup squad...

No that just means they are playing for themselves rather than the club they'll end up trying to do things that make them look good rather than what's good for the team (trying stupid shots when a team mate is open in a better position and such like).

No that just means they are playing for themselves rather than the club they'll end up trying to do things that make them look good rather than what's good for the team (trying stupid shots when a team mate is open in a better position and such like).

Scoring goals and assists will get them in the squad, how can that be a negative.

He says for £30m....!! That's a big leap for us.

I thought Walcott was surplus to Arsenal's requirements and nearing the end of his Arsenal contract. £15-20m would be nearer the mark surely. Any more and I'd have thought we'd be looking elsewhere (but please not Balotelli or Sturridge).

Tricky if true. Everton can and will pay more but he wouldnt have to uproot himself to sign for us and there's a nice symmetry to his career if he comes to us.

Get the feeling our Arsenal twitter genius was taking a punt and hoping he was right.

I'd like to see him here so fingers crossed.

Still think we need a target man and replacement for VVD

Please don't replace VVD again, we've been replacing him for ages Hoedt, the Polish guy and the one who has been out injured for five years, he must be ready in another year or so meantime we've already got Yoshida and our own Jack Stephens who did well last season and deserves the opportunity this season. A fast moving forward, yes, another centre back, no.

No Loans. In a relegation battle you need committed players human nature means loan players just won't care enough to be really committed imo.

Basically we can't afford them otherwise and the risk factor increases astronomically !

IMO we need a short term fix and this is probably our best opportunity at the moment !

Both these players have something to prove and are keen to play games rather than sitting permanently on the bench so their commitment should not be in question !

Basically we can't afford them otherwise and the risk factor increases astronomically !

IMO we need a short term fix and this is probably our best opportunity at the moment !

Both these players have something to prove and are keen to play games rather than sitting permanently on the bench so their commitment should not be in question !

Really haven't we just got 60+ million for VVD? relegation would cost the club a lot more.

Sturridge is a definite no for me. If he cannot get motivated at Liverpool then he will hardly bust a gut for us. Klopp criticised him when he first arrived.

Don't know if it's a case of not being motivated at Liverpool. It's just that there are a shedload of players better than Sturridge at Liverpool.

If we really are after sturridge, wouldn't we have tied up the deal as part of the vvd one? Cash plus player?

As for walcott, I can see that happening because of his history here. No player who's played so long at the level he has in the prem can possibly need the money, it would have to involve other factors.

I would get both on loan for rest of season. Then use the VD money to sign the Mane replacement and a VD replacement such as Julien, Schar, Diop, Mawson.

Any cash left over than go for a young player with potential such as Ryan Seggasson.

I wouldn't pay 30 million for Walcott...... Get him and porridge on loan..... Low risk they should keep us in the prem... If they perform rubbish then send em back home win win.

If we really are after sturridge, wouldn't we have tied up the deal as part of the vvd one? Cash plus player?

As for walcott, I can see that happening because of his history here. No player who's played so long at the level he has in the prem can possibly need the money, it would have to involve other factors.

These cash plus player deals never happen. Plus if that had happened with the VVD deal it would of impacted the "world record fee for a defender" line. I think it's a possibility to get him but we should do it very quickly or move on.

I would get both on loan for rest of season. Then use the VD money to sign the Mane replacement and a VD replacement such as Julien, Schar, Diop, Mawson.

Any cash left over than go for a young player with potential such as Ryan Seggasson.

I wouldn't pay 30 million for Walcott...... Get him and porridge on loan..... Low risk they should keep us in the prem... If they perform rubbish then send em back home win win.

Heard Swansea quoted West ham 40m for Mawson!?

I understood Schar was the player we were interested in last January but Hoffenheim upped the price to £10m and we withdrew from it. Shame because he was highly rated at Basel and at one stage was linked with all the bigger names (Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool). I think he ended up going to Spain or Portugal for about £4m in the summer. No idea how he's doing there but I suspect we've moved on.