Spurs v Saints Thread

Heisenberg

He and Stephens were magnificent at Anfield for that 0-1. Under a good manager like Puel he’s not that bad

Stephens was great last season, one of the shining lights. But even he is regressing at the moment. I'd say all of our team are playing below themselves, they're all better than this with a decent structure around them. It's really clear to see a well coached team, but it's also really clear to see one which isn't coached - or one which isn't following the orders - and this is one of them.

To be fair, Puel and MPe have had their leading CB's sold from under them with no replacements inbound (other than dross like Bedranek). I still don't think Yoshida is our biggest issue, I know there are some who seemingly hate the bloke, but there are much bigger issues with our squad than Maya.

I don’t hate him at all. It’s just that he’s not very good at defending.

I genuinely wonder if Shane Long will score another goal in his professional football career as a striker?

He probably will once he's put in a team with the right players around him. He's better when he's alongside a 'big man' and he can run in behind, we've been trying to play him as our lone striker for the last 18 months hence his low goal return. He's always been a support player, same as Gabbiadani really, but we keep playing them as single strikers and seemingly recking their confidence. Puel was as bad with this one up front fixtation. If you had the right player, fair enough, but we don't.

He probably will once he's put in a team with the right players around him. He's better when he's alongside a 'big man' and he can run in behind, we've been trying to play him as our lone striker for the last 18 months hence his low goal return. He's always been a support player, same as Gabbiadani really, but we keep playing them as single strikers and seemingly recking their confidence. Puel was as bad with this one up front fixtation. If you had the right player, fair enough, but we don't.

Spot on, which is why we look 100% more effective in the final 3rd with Austin up there.

To be fair, Puel and MPe have had their leading CB's sold from under them with no replacements inbound (other than dross like Bedranek). I still don't think Yoshida is our biggest issue, I know there are some who seemingly hate the bloke, but there are much bigger issues with our squad than Maya.

He’s an awful centre half, a sign of our lack of ambition.

Which makes the Sam Gallagher loan all the more ridiculous. Not that I'm pretending Sam is our saviour, but variety/options/a range of strikers and all that.

Ball retention is awful. We look so short of belief and confidence.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Partly because our home crowd start wailing and booing if we don't "get it fackin forward, shhooooooootttt".

I think we're going down unless a new manager comes in and does a great job.

Bunch of frustrated players, some of whom are crap, poor manager and toxic atmosphere.

He’s an awful centre half, a sign of our lack of ambition.

You've always had an irrational thing against him, so hard to take you and others seriously. He's a no.3 CB who's often played like our no.1 CB in the last 18 months. Whether we should be in that situation is a more valid question. But there are far bigger problems and questions regarding the quality and direction of the squad.

I somehow feel that we have been better from an attacking point of view this half.

Seem to be taking more risks.

Too little too late of course (despite Tadic scoring as I type).

My point is....we ARE better going forward then we have shown under this clown of a manager.

I somehow feel that we have been better from an attacking point of view this half.

Seem to be taking more risks.

Too little too late of course (despite Tadic scoring as I type).

My point is....we ARE better going forward then we have shown under this clown of a manager.

It is relatively easy to play when you're 5-1 down against a team playing at walking pace.

This is what the Puel out brigade wanted, more goals. You have your wish.

Not really sure that this is a time for the Puel in/out camps to be scoring points off each other. Whatever happened last year, nobody asked for an incompetent manager like Pellegrino to be appointed.

But people claimed they’d rather lose more games and finish lower, but be entertained more. Watched Leicester play some lovely stuff and again today. Bet those “ supporters” are enjoying the football

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FFS give it a bloody rest will you.