We have to sell

saintkiptanui

...and hope we stay up. Welcome to the last chance saloon. The last of the house-keeping money is going on red (and white).

It's a dangerous tactic, but probably the only one available to us. :(

we blew our chance the year burley FAILED to get us up with mega money for this league..and almost all of it in one go..we are easily still paying for it now....

What I don't get is how people can be this stupid. People are saying 'How could we afford Spiderman etc'. We certainly didn't pay £1.2m up front. Possibly £250k. The money that the previous directors and Burley wasted on **** players can't be recouped AS NO ONE WANTS THEM. Why can't this be understood? The directors are trying to make the best of a bad mess. What is so difficult to understand? The plan that would have been given to the bank would have been to sell a certain amount of players AND reduce the wage bill. So far, due to world's economic condition and the fact the 'senior' players we have are **** means that people don't want to buy them.

Someone answer me.

we blew our chance the year burley FAILED to get us up with mega money for this league..and almost all of it in one go..we are easily still paying for it now....

I don't think it's that simple. We have had a succession of poor managers acting under the poor guidance of a poor boardroom. We couldn't earn promotion in our first year down because we were too busy selling the best players and trying to give away the rest. Betting it all on one season after being the poster boys for living frugally was like your grandmother living on 1p a day until she turned 75 and then betting her life savings and a couple of kidneys on a long-shot in the 3:30 from Cheltenham. The roots of our current plight lie a lot further back than Burley's failed promotion season - and they've been watered very well since 2003 too...

And for another season or two at least...

yep...burley failing like he did was so damaging it was unreal...he spent a f-ing fortune and had the advantage of doing it all in pre season...he faled and failed miserably...

sadly, so many thought he was the best thing since sliced bread and SOME ACTUALLY came up with crap about the CCC being "great" and "competitive" and prefered to be here..infact, that was the popular opinion...Burley SHOULD have been under far more pressure than he was...he might have bucked his ideas up or quit..

just goes to show that US football fans have no idea about how to run a club and should (for once) let those who are trying...to do so..

Frankly, it's pathetic! Why can't these players play? The subs bench today was a n embarrassment. JP could have selected Scacel, Euell, Dyer, Wright-Philips, Thomas - not one was selected! Bloody ridiculous in my opinion. As for JP's mumbling interview on Hampshire radio where he seemed to have no grasp of what had just happened was alarming. Waffling on about not having enough strikers, and Killer being injured???

Fair play we played well in the first half, and showed some great touches. I still felt we lacked a cutting edge though. Chris Perry summed up the second half when he said Birmingham stopped us playing in the second half, and we had no plan B. I reckon if you raise the tempo, mark Schneiderlin and Lallana, isolate the wide men, then play through the acres of space between the wide men and full backs we're in trouble! It happened in the Celtic match as well. I didn't watch the other friendlies.

I really think we're in serious trouble. Young players will lose confidence, and JP does not cut it for me in the Championship.

Frankly, it's pathetic! Why can't these players play? The subs bench today was a n embarrassment. JP could have selected Scacel, Euell, Dyer, Wright-Philips, Thomas - not one was selected! Bloody ridiculous in my opinion. As for JP's mumbling interview on Hampshire radio where he seemed to have no grasp of what had just happened was alarming. Waffling on about not having enough strikers, and Killer being injured???

Fair play we played well in the first half, and showed some great touches. I still felt we lacked a cutting edge though. Chris Perry summed up the second half when he said Birmingham stopped us playing in the second half, and we had no plan B. I reckon if you raise the tempo, mark Schneiderlin and Lallana, isolate the wide men, then play through the acres of space between the wide men and full backs we're in trouble! It happened in the Celtic match as well. I didn't watch the other friendlies.

I really think we're in serious trouble. Young players will lose confidence, and JP does not cut it for me in the Championship.

Neither did Burley or Pearson so maybe its our expectations that are too high?

What I don't get is how people can be this stupid. People are saying 'How could we afford Spiderman etc'. We certainly didn't pay £1.2m up front. Possibly £250k. The money that the previous directors and Burley wasted on **** players can't be recouped AS NO ONE WANTS THEM. Why can't this be understood? The directors are trying to make the best of a bad mess. What is so difficult to understand? The plan that would have been given to the bank would have been to sell a certain amount of players AND reduce the wage bill. So far, due to world's economic condition and the fact the 'senior' players we have are **** means that people don't want to buy them.

Someone answer me.

Sorry we aren't paying these guys a fortune are we? If we are and noone wants them why aren't they involved at all? Bloody daft!

I would still like to understand why we are the only club of our size in such a financial mess. We have only had one season without parachute payments, we average 20000 plus gates, we've raised fortunes on players - Bale and Walcott stand out!

I don't recall any club being in such a mess as us. If it moves sell it! If we are still in business in January what price Spiderman, Lallana, McGoldrick and Surman being sold off?

Frankly unless we're taken over we're FINISHED!!!

Sorry we aren't paying these guys a fortune are we? If we are and noone wants them why aren't they involved at all? Bloody daft!

I would still like to understand why we are the only club of our size in such a financial mess. We have only had one season without parachute payments, we average 20000 plus gates, we've raised fortunes on players - Bale and Walcott stand out!

I don't recall any club being in such a mess as us. If it moves sell it! If we are still in business in January what price Spiderman, Lallana, McGoldrick and Surman being sold off?

You sound about as angry as I still am about it all.

I'm just praying and hoping and wishing that if there is any consortium out there that they come in and take us over sooner rather than later. I haven't heard anybody disputing that we will sell any of our youngsters if they shine and we get offers for them. What's the point of it all if that is what we become, a feeder club to the better fizzy pop league clubs or the Premiership.

Yep.

The new look Saints team is not cutting it over 90minutes against experienced teams with experienced managers, but a huge amount of unsold experienced talent is frozen out on the golf course whilst the cupboard looks bare for the subs bench.

Ridiculous..........

No you don't.

They have the opportunity to "cut" a preferred deal with the administrator and you can end up like Bournemouth.

Broke because your board has no money for a season. Into administration and any cash you get in pays the Administrators hotel bar bill and you get left with no money and whoopee the same directors with no money but trying to get even MORE back than when you were just broke.

Forget it.

If things are sooo bad let Lowe ,Cowen and Wilde work for nothing and put the money they get currently into the coffers to stave off administration !

Yep.

The new look Saints team is not cutting it over 90minutes against experienced teams with experienced managers, but a huge amount of unsold experienced talent is frozen out on the golf course whilst the cupboard looks bare for the subs bench.

Ridiculous..........

We have dropped the insurance policies that we used to have on first team players.

If they get injured playing then we lose the value on them,the golf course is the cheaper option.

I just wonder how much patience the average non season ticket holder will have if we carry on with results that are happening at the moment?

I am sure that a massive reduction in fans through the turnstiles will happen and our finances will be in an even bigger mess.

How long will people turn up to watch their team getting beaten each week?

Will the stay aways be blamed for not forking out to watch inferior results. There is a hardcore of supporters who would turn up each game to watch a couple of dogs on the pitch provided they were in Saints colours.

After 55 years supporting Saints I now question both my sanity and commitment to the cause.

I cannot justify paying good money out from limited resources to help the club survive after 3 failed boards of directors.

At 70 + my financial resources are limited, how can I justify a trip down to SMS each month with the costs that have to be born.

This is the reason why it would be far easier to support a local team here like Crewe Alex Stoke or even Man City. Once a Saint always a Saint, however I do feel personally let down by very bad decision making of past and present directors who got us into this mess and expect us to turn up each game and hand over our money...its a bit like **** Turpin...stand and deliver, your money or your life

We have dropped the insurance policies that we used to have on first team players.

If they get injured playing then we lose the value on them,the golf course is the cheaper option.

Interesting hypothesis. Any source?

It would show 1) we REALLY are in the sh*t if we are worried about the cost of the premiums and 2) no wonder they aren't "in the squad" if they don't have cover

hmmmmmmmmmm

I just wonder how much patience the average non season ticket holder will have if we carry on with results that are happening at the moment?

I am sure that a massive reduction in fans through the turnstiles will happen and our finances will be in an even bigger mess.

How long will people turn up to watch their team getting beaten each week?

Will the stay aways be blamed for not forking out to watch inferior results. There is a hardcore of supporters who would turn up each game to watch a couple of dogs on the pitch provided they were in Saints colours.

After 55 years supporting Saints I now question both my sanity and commitment to the cause.

I cannot justify paying good money out from limited resources to help the club survive after 3 failed boards of directors.

At 70 + my financial resources are limited, how can I justify a trip down to SMS each month with the costs that have to be born.

This is the reason why it would be far easier to support a local team here like Crewe Alex Stoke or even Man City. Once a Saint always a Saint, however I do feel personally let down by very bad decision making of past and present directors who got us into this mess and expect us to turn up each game and hand over our money...its a bit like **** Turpin...stand and deliver, your money or your life

After today I am looking forward to the next home game, somethign I never thought last season, this will be the same as many others there today.

Its ok saying we have to sell,sell sell, but what happens when the fans stop coming because we have no one left and the football on offer is a very low standard?

If we sell the very few players we have left that are capable of keeping us in this league,then we might as well go into administration now.

Surely most of us go to SMS to cheer on our team and hope for a win?

Take that away and you are left with nothing.

Very well said although I now fear it is too late if Davies has gone. Shocking. Stupid. Suicidal. Sealed our fate.

What a shambles!

You've lost your job, you are heavily in debt & the bank are about to repossess your house. Your wife & kids are hungry & fed up and giving you gyp. You've had a battered old sofa and a chest-of-drawers sitting in the garden with a for sale sign on for weeks but no-one is interested when someone comes in and offers you two hundred quid for your wide-screen telly. Do you a) Say no way, it's worth at least five hundred, and besides I'm sure this Friday is going to be the one when I finally win the lottery or b) Grudgingly accept the money, buy a cheap replacement & survive a little longer

You've lost your job, you are heavily in debt & the bank are about to repossess your house. Your wife & kids are hungry & fed up and giving you gyp. You've had a battered old sofa and a chest-of-drawers sitting in the garden with a for sale sign on for weeks but no-one is interested when someone comes in and offers you two hundred quid for your wide-screen telly. Do you a) Say no way, it's worth at least five hundred, and besides I'm sure this Friday is going to be the one when I finally win the lottery or b) Grudgingly accept the money, buy a cheap replacement & survive a little longer

Is it HD ready?