Rivals/Other Prem clubs transfer thread

SaintBitterne

@DeanJonesBR: Leicester are bidding for Troy Deeney irrelevant of what happens with Vardy. Want him even if Vardy stays

@JBurtTelegraph: Watford reject £15m offer from Leicester City for Troy Deeney and tell them the striker is not for sale. Story on Telegraph Sport soon

Not really but Taking a well respected manager from a team who have just finished above us and are playing (a few games at best) in the Europa league next season is ...

Are you obsessed with us? You must spend more time on here than actually supporting your own team - pathetic really

If £15-£20m is the going price for Deeney, and it's still rejected, then jesus christ this is going to be an expensive window.

£30m for Mane? jog on. If those prices are being talked about for Denney, I'd want £50m upwards for Mane.

If £15-£20m is the going price for Deeney, and it's still rejected, then jesus christ this is going to be an expensive window.

£30m for Mane? jog on. If those prices are being talked about for Denney, I'd want £50m upwards for Mane.

you know Deeney actually got more league goals and assists this season than Mane....

deeney is everything for watford. their absolute talisman. not surprised they turned it down

compare his assists and goals to mane

Sometimes it's a bit more than looking at goals and assists though. Mane is clearly technically a lot better and quicker, although you can't really compare them as they play in similar positions.

Denney is alright, but he didn't set the world alight last year (for me..). I personally thought he'd do a little better than he did.

Spread of goals over the season isn't bad:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=46441

Do you rate Deeney above Mane? Or just not rate Mane?

Well I don't think Denney is a bad player. I also think some saints fans have the blinkers on when it comes to Mane. He's a good player (he could well turn into a great player) but perhaps not as good as some saints fans would like to think. I also find interesting that most would happily ditch Pelle (or sell Long :lol:) think £12 million was to much for schlong but think Mane is 50 million player despite all three having pretty similar goal tallies and assist records (in fact exactly the same in the case of Mane and Pelle).

Sometimes it's a bit more than looking at goals and assists though. Mane is clearly technically a lot better and quicker, although you can't really compare them as they play in similar positions.

Denney is alright, but he didn't set the world alight last year (for me..). I personally thought he'd do a little better than he did.

Spread of goals over the season isn't bad:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=46441

Mane clearly has more potential than Denney which always adds value. But really don't attacking players raise and fall on goals (and to a lesser extent assists) other attributes are good to have (Long being a pest for one) but surely when pricing up attacking players clubs will look at goals (or goals created) before other stuff?

Mane clearly has more potential than Denney which always adds value. But really don't attacking players raise and fall on goals (and to a lesser extent assists) other attributes are good to have (Long being a pest for one) but surely when pricing up attacking players clubs will look at goals (or goals created) before other stuff?

Indeed. And Mane compares well in goals/assists versus others in his sort of role/position:

Hazard, De Bruyne, Firmino, Sanchez, Welbeck, Martial, Arnautovic, Zaha, Andre Ayew, Lamela etc

How many more moves does he need to have before people realise he's 'gone' at the top level?

Such a shame as he was a world star, but that injury has finished him at any decent level.

@SkySportsLyall: #WatfordFC have bid for . One of three clubs who've enquired this week. (From @petecolley) #WBA More on #SSNHQ now.

Seems like more happening than usual at this time of year.

Can't help feeling Berahino was aiming a bit higher than Watford when he had his paddy last season.

How many more moves does he need to have before people realise he's 'gone' at the top level?

Such a shame as he was a world star, but that injury has finished him at any decent level.

He needs to drop down a few levels and play a full season out of the limelight to see if there is anything there still, it really is sad to see a player fall so far so fast.

@SkySportsLyall: #WatfordFC have bid for Berahino. One of three clubs who've enquired this week. (From @petecolley) #WBA More on #SSNHQ now.

Seems like more happening than usual at this time of year.

Confirmed by Sky that Saints aren't one of the other teams. Neither are Spurs.

You know they are going to come in for Bertrand...

I would rephrase that before ALWAYS_SFC comes and tells you off for saying you don't "know" that.

I am sure Bertrand is one of the players we will be looking to sign an improved contract and he still has quite a lot left on his current one.

That said, would be nice to see Liverpool sign a LB. There aren't loads of quality ones around and Guan did say Liverpool like RB.

I would rephrase that before ALWAYS_SFC comes and tells you off for saying you don't "know" that.

I am sure Bertrand is one of the players we will be looking to sign an improved contract and he still has quite a lot left on his current one.

That said, would be nice to see Liverpool sign a LB. There aren't loads of quality ones around and Guan did say Liverpool like RB.

:lol:

Not likely Charlie boy as his post was not posted as a fact like the majority of yours

JENKINS TARGETS JOE ALLEN

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has expressed his interest in bringing Joe Allen back to the club from Liverpool, with rumours continuing to link the Wales international with his boyhood team.

"I think it's been well documented that Joe is going to look at his future when he is finished out at Euro 2016," Jenkins told the Daily Mirror.

"Naturally, we are interested in good players like Joe who may be available this summer given that he has a year left on his contract. Obviously we will keep tabs on his situation and see what happens later in the summer."

If I had written the same you would have been all over it.

e4ba65bab9f207f93ac98e29f018e9a3.jpg

You flatter yourself...

Truth is though i do respond to youR "informative" posts, not sure why really as most of them are promoting negative ball aks about sfc

My question to you is why you seem to relish anything detrimental about the club....you are a weird one that`s for sure

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

You flatter yourself...

Truth is though i do respond to you "informative" posts, not sure why really as most of them are promoting negative ball aks about sfc

My question to you is why you seem to relish anything detrimental about the club....you are a weird one that`s for sure

Quite a few positive topics discussed recently, its just people jump on the ones where you state things aren't perfect (or if you bother to have a strong opinion on something).

Look at the Everton thread below. I posted what I had read online. Took pelters for it and then it turned out to be true.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56495-Koeman-to-Everton

Also many threads in praise of players such as the below:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56649-How-do-you-rate-Mane

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56394-Dusan-Tadic

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56514-Ryan-Bertrand

People always gloss over that stuff. The whole meltdown thing is old news. It was two summers ago and we lost our excellent Manager and 5 good players.

I'm quite relaxed about Saints, think we will replace Koeman and are doing well.

But if there is a news article I read that says one of our players might leave I will post it for the majority of people on here whonare interested in everything Saints related, not just the good stuff.

You haven't started one thread in 2016 so far and your last one was called "Has this forum lost it?".

If you don't like the discussion topics feel free to suggest alternatives.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Berahino has really hurt his career by having multiple strops over the last two years. Could and potentially should have been in France this summer, instead he's sat at home.

Bad attitude.

He does have a bad attitude because he didn't get his move and continued moaning about it - Wanyama did but at least he buckled down and played the season. But I like Berahino. I think he's a natural goalscorer much like Defoe, and if he can sort his attitude out, he'll go on to have a career at the very top level. Leicester are probably a good fit for him.

Quite a few positive topics discussed recently, its just people jump on the ones where you state things aren't perfect (or if you bother to have a strong opinion on something).

Look at the Everton thread below. I posted what I had read online. Took pelters for it and then it turned out to be true.

People always gloss over that stuff. The whole meltdown thing is old news. It was two summers ago and we lost our excellent Manager and 5 good players.

I'm quite relaxed about Saints, think we will replace Koeman and are doing well.

But if there is a news article I read that says one of our players might leave I will post it for the majority of people on here whonare interested in everything Saints related, not just the good stuff.

You haven't started one thread in 2016 so far and your last one was called "Has this forum lost it?".

yawn....

I was delighted when I heard this morning - you've earned your OBE and no mistake. Well done.

Edited by CB Fry

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/news-en/west-ham-price-for-payet-fixed-and-that-chelsea-enquiry/

West Ham would want £60m for Payet.

He is 29 so hard to see anyone paying that surely?

Shortly after the Payet masterclass on the pitch - Did anyone witness the car-crash Twitter by the Sullivan Bros last night?

DAVE SULLIVAN JNR@DaveSulley

My dad owns him.

Followed a little while later, by...

DAVE SULLIVAN JNR ‏@DaveSulley

I by No means meant anything racist or that we literally own him. Just an exclamation of proudness that he his part of WHU

Payet tweet had been deleted. I by no means meant we "own" DIMI it is just u amazed a player of his quality is under contract at West Ham

Shortly after the Payet masterclass on the pitch - Did anyone witness the car-crash Twitter by the Sullivan Bros last night?

DAVE SULLIVAN JNR@DaveSulley

My dad owns him.

Followed a little while later, by...

I by No means meant anything racist or that we literally own him. Just an exclamation of proudness that he his part of WHU

Payet tweet had been deleted. I by no means meant we "own" DIMI it is just u amazed a player of his quality is under contract at West Ham

I'm sure he'll grow up to be just like his dad.

ARNAUTOVIC LATEST

Stoke have slapped a £12.5million transfer fee on contract rebel Marko Arnautovic, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 27-year-old has turned down Stoke’s recent contract offer and his current deal expires next summer.

Reports suggest Arnautovic wants to remain in England and is angling for a move to a top six club.

ARNAUTOVIC LATEST

Stoke have slapped a £12.5million transfer fee on contract rebel Marko Arnautovic, according to the Daily Mirror.

The 27-year-old has turned down Stoke’s recent contract offer and his current deal expires next summer.

Reports suggest Arnautovic wants to remain in England and is angling for a move to a top six club.

16 goals in three seasons at Stoke never scored more than 12 goals in a season in 9 seasons...............I'm sure top six clubs will be queuing up for him