Email query

ladysaint

I used to receive regular updates from the clubs, i.e. newsletter, pre and post match emails etc., but I haven't received them for about a month now. I contacted the club and they investigated the problem for me and have said that the reason was because I have made several spam complaints about their emails and it is now illegal for them to send me emails. The only option is for me to use another email account. I have never complained about spam emails so not sure how this has happened, I don't really want to open another email account and would prefer for them to use my original email address, is there anyway we can get around this.

I used to receive regular updates from the clubs, i.e. newsletter, pre and post match emails etc., but I haven't received them for about a month now. I contacted the club and they investigated the problem for me and have said that the reason was because I have made several spam complaints about their emails and it is now illegal for them to send me emails. The only option is for me to use another email account. I have never complained about spam emails so not sure how this has happened, I don't really want to open another email account and would prefer for them to use my original email address, is there anyway we can get around this.

Have you clicked on the opt-out link on the emails? If so, they are obliged to remove you from their eshots

Did they say how the supposed complaints were made? By email? Telephone? In person?

Maybe ask them to provide evidence of said complaints as it could be someone masquerading as you (although would be a rather random form of fraud/sabotage given no financial impact, except indirectly to SFC's marketing department perhaps if this is happening on a wider scale...)

Edited by trousers