Most-watched premier league team in Southampton...?

trousers

Hardly surprising that the teams whose games are shown most often are the ones who are most watched.

I don't recall Leicester, West Brom, Swansea or Newcastle being on as much as the Man Utds, Chelseas and Arsenals of this world.... :)

edit: but, agree, it's a bit of a subjective survey

Hardly surprising that the teams whose games are shown most often are the ones who are most watched.

Yup, typical nonsensical article that so proliferates the "press" these days and is aimed at people who are thick as 2 short planks. Not sure where the figures are, but Liverpool, Man Utd etc were televised something like 27-30 times. We on the other hand were the usual 11-13 times.

Just goes to prove who has the most plastics. There is a reason why I don't watch Saints live very often on Sky. Its because I'm at the match. If Sky have got this data from my viewing habits they will probably have concluded that I am an Arsenal supporter. Shows how wrong statistics can be. Leicester and West Brom fans would apparently rather watch their team live on Sky than go to the game.

The Outer Hebrides seem to be mainly populated by Leicester City fans. That's odd.

There are probably 4 Sky subscribers in the Outer Hebrides of whom only one has ever watched a football game, and it happened to be Leicester.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I honestly dont think they would be so stupid to use the total viewers number, because thats obviously flawed. You can only watch whats on. They need to divide by games shown, simple.

If they have done that, then its a sorry state of affairs. Why do people crave association with success so much that they'd rather support a team from Lancashire than the one up the road!

Interesting from a "that's stupid" point of view. As someone has said, there is a bias towards what Sky transmits AND if it's a Man U home game, how do they know that the watcher is not actually there to watch their own away team and not Man U? Basically a meaningless bit of propaganda bull.

Even with Man U being massive and all, years of Southampton wandering has taught me that down here Arsenal are the second most popular team behind Saints based on "probably better than Sky's methodology" shirt sightings.

Even with Man U being massive and all, years of Southampton wandering has taught me that down here Arsenal are the second most popular team behind Saints based on "probably better than Sky's methodology" shirt sightings.

I beg to differ. My friend supports Arsenal but other than that, I very rarely see an Arsenal shirt out and about. I do, however, see at least one United shirt every time I go to the City Centre.

Those who are calling this troll bait statistics i think are that Swansea, West Brom, Leicester and Newcastle all came top in or close to their 'home region'. I would be disappointed that Southampton aren't top in ours, although if it includes the whole of Hampshire, it's understandable.

So when I had BT Sport and put every Friday night game on the TV (usually doing something else, just had the TV on as background noise) someone was taking my viewing as gospel about which team I support?

They may have been but Sky probably weren't paying too much attention.

Those who are calling this troll bait statistics i think are that Swansea, West Brom, Leicester and Newcastle all came top in or close to their 'home region'. I would be disappointed that Southampton aren't top in ours, although if it includes the whole of Hampshire, it's understandable.

that's probably because a majority of surviving Pompey fans follow Man.U. Now I suppose the western end of that section will support Bournemouth :)

I was working in Pompey in May 1976, and almost everyone in Portsmouth wanted MU to win the Cup Final.

Moneybags Citeh conspicuous by their absence.

A few more bought trophies and eventually they won't be, "neutrals" will start switching allegiance. I'm already starting to see one or two City shirts where we reside, and in the boozer some City fans have rather magically started popping up.