Brendan Rodgers

Batman

Why is it he gets so much praise and hype in the press. He seems completely untouchable.

The latest article in the press today regarding sterling suggest that Raheem is currently under one of the best managers in europe in term of being a young player etc...

why is it that journo's can't get this crap out quick enough?

Discussing him on talksport earlier and the general consensus was that he could do no more after losing suarez and having Sturridge out injured for so long.

Also saying he is the best manager in the country for developing young players.

---------------

Seriously, what the fuk?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I heard a stat yesterday that he is something like the first Liverpool manager since the '50's to go three seasons without winning silverware. Not sure about this though since I've convinced myself that they won something recently but I can't remember what exactly. I also can't be arsed to waste my time looking It up tbh

However I do agree, he is a total w*nker. I cherish a fervent hope that we somehow pull it out of the bag and finish above them this season after his comments about us last summer.

I also am truly sick and tired of the press circle jerk over Liverpool this season. It was clear that Suarez was the reason they did so well up until last season.

Napalm, that fact is almost correct. He is the first Liverpool manager since the Shankly era (50 years ago) to not win a trophy in his first three seasons in charge.

I notice in an article in the Daily Express today, he says he can ring success to Anfield "if I can get the tools" and said the club must be "forceful" in the transfer market this summer.

How many more tools does he need? He signed everybody he wanted to sign last summer, spending the thick of £150m.

How more "foreceful" do Liverpool need to be? They were quite forceful in persuading three of our players to go there last summer.

He has spent something like £250m in his time there and all it has bought him this season is a Europa League place alongside Saints.

His transfer record is poor, his use of the players at his disposal is poor, and his tactical awareness is not of the highest.

He struck lucky in getting the Liverpool job, and many on Merseyside think he is not up to it.

Not only that he really is an arrogant plumsack.

Given the money he's spent, it's going to be interesting to see how much more leeway the board are prepared to give him. I suppose if they manage a CL spot, they could look at it either of two ways; keep him because he pulled it off, or get someone better in to maximise their chances in it. The latter option wouldn't be difficult imho.

I don't like Lovren like any Saints fan, but the guy isn't rubbish. He was just helped out massively by Saints excellent defensive midfield. Rodgers' main mistake is not playing him, dropping him so often he'll never get confidence back. Their midfield isn't set up to help defence so all of them regularly get exposed. I'm sure Lovren with Skrtel or Sakho would do very well behind a decent midfield. He could have played Can there but made him a CB in a back 3 for some reason. Can and Henderson in front the back 4 would have probably worked pretty well.

In fact even as an armchair Liverpool hater I'm sure I can come up with a better team than he has this season.

Mignolet

Flanagan Skrtel Lovren Moreno

Henderson Can

Sterling Coutinho Lallana

Sturridge

They would have played that team all season of they could. Problem being without Sturridge they can't get away with one up front. If he had been fit all season they would be tol

four.

I don't like Lovren like any Saints fan, but the guy isn't rubbish. He was just helped out massively by Saints excellent defensive midfield. Rodgers' main mistake is not playing him, dropping him so often he'll never get confidence back. Their midfield isn't set up to help defence so all of them regularly get exposed. I'm sure Lovren with Skrtel or Sakho would do very well behind a decent midfield. He could have played Can there but made him a CB in a back 3 for some reason. Can and Henderson in front the back 4 would have probably worked pretty well.

In fact even as an armchair Liverpool hater I'm sure I can come up with a better team than he has this season.

Mignolet

Flanagan Skrtel Lovren Moreno

Henderson Can

Sterling Coutinho Lallana

Sturridge

I haven't seen every game that Lovren has played this season, but of the ones I have he hasn't been very good at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...