Rasiak to Watford

Master Bates

Well if he does go to Watford on loan at we should be able to negotiate it so he can't play against us in October. Hopefully by then he'll have established himself as the focal point of Watford's signature 'hoof it up to the big man' style and they'll flounder without him handing us an easy victory.

:)

They're adapting their style and by all accounts played decent football (no hoofball really) and outplayed Palace last Saturday. They don't have decent enough players to pull it off though IMO, but Rasiak is a welcome addition to them.

Well if he does go to Watford on loan at we should be able to negotiate it so he can't play against us in October. Hopefully by then he'll have established himself as the focal point of Watford's signature 'hoof it up to the big man' style and they'll flounder without him handing us an easy victory.

Then by the time December comes Saints will be financially secure after sell outs at every match and Greg can come back, force his way back into the Saints side by February and score a hattrick against Watford at Vicarage Road :)

We have to have it in the loan agreement to prevent him playing against us. ( Lucketti could have played v SUtd but didn't)

So you understand this part, this is the reason we have to unload him. As for Mcgoaldrick being sold at xmas if he keeps his scoring going you really are talking sh1te again.

Two points :

What are you and your mate Lowe going to do when all the high-earners are gone and the club is still losing shiitloads per month, especially as attendances have dropped due to poor results ?

Regards to point 1, are you really trying to claim that any young player that has clubs sniffing around him will not be sold at the most opportune moment, and that if McGoldrick scores 10 more times between now and Xmas, this will not especially be the case for him ?

Do you know what I dont get ? The complete dishonesty with which certain posters argue a point on here, just to get up the nose of a fellow poster who they have taken a dislike to. In my opinion, anyone who does not receive news of our best players being sold with a wave of anger is no fan of SFC - SMS is just a "scene" for them where they must go each match in order to feel socially adequate and connected.

Rasiak to join Watford in 24hrs, oo'er :(

At last! What a relief that someone has taken one of the offers from the shop window.

Makes it more likely John will not be sold.

Need to put Rudi in the middle of the window now with a large 'BARGAIN' sign on him, or maybe a BOGOF offer with Euell.

Rasiak is a better finisher IMO.

I think they are both very similar imo with John having the slightly better scoring ratio:

John 19 goals in 34 starts (+5 sub appearances)

Rasiak 33 goals in 68 starts (+16 sub appearances)

What we do need is to keep either, so if Rasiak joins Watford then John needs to stay.

I think that rant is slightly over the top.

Rasiak has hardly played for us in the last year and in the present financial climate it seems a good deal to me.

FFS, when are some of the fans going to take the issue of the complete mismanagement of players out of the equation ?

We had enough talent to get promoted in 2006-2007 and if we had addressed the CB issue last summer properly, we could have got promoted last season as well.

We have well and truly ****ed it up against the wall thanks to Burley, Dodd, Gorman and crap board-room behaviour. Anyone who claims the likes of Rasiak and Saga have no further contribution to make to this club are talking complete ********.

Guest Hacienda
In my opinion, anyone who does not receive news of our best players being sold with a wave of anger is no fan of SFC - SMS is just a "scene" for them where they must go each match in order to feel socially adequate and connected.

You really do trot out some serious pony.

it's a bit of a surprise he's joining Watford really if its true as he not exactly going to fit their long ball 'hoof it' style

he may move about a bit - but he's slow doing it and he's not exactly dominant in the air either is he - or aggressive enough to lead their line

although immobile I would have thought John would have suited their style better (although I still expect him to end up at Stoke or Hull on loan once they realise they can't sign anyone else)

then again he's not great in the air either!

Oi! Stop it - someone from Watford may be reading this and the deal may not go through so we'll end up having to sell SJ & Davies instead.

:-)

Guest Hacienda
No, I dont

Yes, you do.

You spout ******s as if it was gospel and anything decent you may post is lost in the remaining pony.

Guest Hacienda
A style of play that will change 180degrees again in 3 months when Lowe realises his latest experiment has failed and changes the management.

And if Lowe's gamble actually pays off?

But no, a tedious, boring troll like yourself couldn't bring yourself to actually think that it might work.

Guest Hacienda
You dont have to read it.

Well as you pollute every thread will your ill informed ******s it's hard not to.

Hopefully you'll get banned quickly and then it's job done.

FFS, when are some of the fans going to take the issue of the complete mismanagement of players out of the equation ?

We had enough talent to get promoted in 2006-2007 and if we had addressed the CB issue last summer properly, we could have got promoted last season as well.

We have well and truly ****ed it up against the wall thanks to Burley, Dodd, Gorman and crap board-room behaviour. Anyone who claims the likes of Rasiak and Saga have no further contribution to make to this club are talking complete ********.

Actually you are right. The problem is when your house is on fire you don't have much say about where the water comes from to put it out.

I'm totally with you on the I want to keep them all line and I also have said it is a hell of a gamble that we are taking. I also like you worry IF we'll earn enough to stay afloat until January and I also worry that we may have to release more cash in January.

But right now, if I had to choose, then it is SJ over GR, AS over RS & Ad over JE. And if we are putting the fire out with our only hope then what does it really matter. If the fire isn't put out we don't need our only hope. If we do put it out then maybe we'll find new hope.

Whatever, the minute Crouch didn't cut costs we were storing up trouble and the minute the Ex Execs allowed themselves to be walked over on the purchases last season we were in trouble and the minute Lowe walked in and didn't take us to the next level we were in trouble.

So trouble's our middle name.

ho hum

Edited by dubai_phil
arrgh meant AD preferred to Mule - came out wrong bugger

No, I dont - how many times was it posted last season "dont care about the football anymore, I go to drink with me mates" or suchlike ?

I'm not sure about the exact figures (although I've got the accurate records stored away somewhere, obviously) but I recall that being posted far less than the number of times that people felt the need to post about yet another apathetic Rasiak performance.

True story.:)

FFS why does every thread have to degenerate like this. Everyone knows Rasiak is going. He would have played more of a part in games so far if JP thought he was worth integrating into the team. He's a goal-hanging lazy striker who doesn't suit our style. I think he's too much of a luxury, but if John had gone, I would be livid that we sold both. I think we have some good young players, but am not too optimistic we will finish high up the table. Therefore, selling or loaning Rasiak is highly unlikely to cost us promotion. I don't know his feelings, but if he was really desperate to play, he wouldn't have gone to Bolton last season.

What are you and your mate Lowe going to do when all the high-earners are gone and the club is still losing shiitloads per month, especially as attendances have dropped due to poor results ?

Buy tickets to home games and avail ourselves of the excellent catering facilities at St. Marys, while you're doing the dishes and worrying about your neighbour's extensive cellar, to be exact...

Edited by Guided Missile

Two points :

1) What are you and your mate Lowe going to do when all the high-earners are gone and the club is still losing shiitloads per month, especially as attendances have dropped due to poor results ?

2) Regards to point 1, are you really trying to claim that any young player that has clubs sniffing around him will not be sold at the most opportune moment, and that if McGoldrick scores 10 more times between now and Xmas, this will not especially be the case for him ?

3) Do you know what I dont get ? The complete dishonesty with which certain posters argue a point on here, just to get up the nose of a fellow poster who they have taken a dislike to.

4) In my opinion, anyone who does not receive news of our best players being sold with a wave of anger is no fan of SFC - SMS is just a "scene" for them where they must go each match in order to feel socially adequate and connected.

1) Lowe is not my mate but I do understand the financial constraints of our club. Perhaps you should understand that the bank are probably calling the shots and not blame Lowe for everything that is happening when in fact we have been told to cut costs, ie shutting corners of the statium, no free bus tickets, offload high earners.

2) If we do have to sell it will be because of point one as above, ie finances. However I cannot see that happening until the seasons end at the earliest and only if he turns out to be a goal scoring machine.

3) Do you know what I don't get? The complete dishonesty of certain posters who argue a point on here blaming Lowe on everything that is happening at the club without looking at the full picture and without looking at the fact that other things may be the reason we have to carry things we don't like, ie offload high earners to reduce costs.

4) Like any fan I don't like our players leaving, certainly the valued ones but we have always been a selling club and this will not change as long as we keep finding the talent. The ONLY time this will change is when the talent dries up or we find a sugar daddy that allows us to buy any player in the world. I will treat the 'no fan of SFC' as a blinkered remark from one very (always) angry fellow fan.

At last! What a relief that someone has taken one of the offers from the shop window.

Makes it more likely John will not be sold.

Need to put Rudi in the middle of the window now with a large 'BARGAIN' sign on him, or maybe a BOGOF offer with Euell.

Personally I hate to see any decent Saints player leave the club, but I am not going to get upset about the departure of Rasiak. We all knew it was going to happen so the only real surprise is that it has taken this long. I just hope he can score the goals (for Watford) to assist our cause, no matter which end of the table we end up at.

As others have said, we now definitely have to keep Stern John and hope that DMG doesn't loose his scoring boots.

As for the others in the shop window, I would not be disappointed if Thomas, Euell or even BWP were also to leave but I am keeping everything crossed that Rudi and Kelvin will still be at SMS come September 1st. I am pretty sure that Jan would like them to stay as well (and also think this to be true of Euell and BWP, if truth be told).

As Jan clearly stated at the fan's forum, he has bveen told not to use certain players until after the transfer window closes, but if they are still here after that time he can integrate them into the team as and when he sees fit/they are needed. I certainly feel that having Rudi in our team could be the difference between a top half finish or struggling near the bottom again.

Personally I hate to see any decent Saints player leave the club, but I am not going to get upset about the departure of Rasiak. We all knew it was going to happen so the only real surprise is that it has taken this long. I just hope he can score the goals (for Watford) to assist our cause, no matter which end of the table we end up at.

As others have said, we now definitely have to keep Stern John and hope that DMG doesn't loose his scoring boots.

As for the others in the shop window, I would not be disappointed if Thomas, Euell or even BWP were also to leave but I am keeping everything crossed that Rudi and Kelvin will still be at SMS come September 1st. I am pretty sure that Jan would like them to stay as well (and also think this to be true of Euell and BWP, if truth be told).

As Jan clearly stated at the fan's forum, he has been told not to use certain players until after the transfer window closes, but if they are still here after that time he can integrate them into the team as and when he sees fit/they are needed. I certainly feel that having Rudi in our team could be the difference between a top half finish or struggling near the bottom again.

Agree with part of that. We must keep John and Davis. Quite happy to see Skacel go TBH and would also let Euell go, though I cant see anyone matching his wages.

who says he is going?

Exactly. Rasiak, Skacel, and Saga werent used and they have gone. John played on Tuesday and may start against Birmingham. The implication is that he will stay since we have offloaded Saga and Rasiak. No-one seriously thinks we could play a whole season with just McGoldrick and Lallana.

Lose Rasiak and John and our chances of staying up go from small to zero.

And despite what the wanna-be accountants on here say, it makes zero financial sense to condem the team to relegation, no matter how many 1000's you save on wages. Finishing bottom with nicely balanced books is way worse financially than finishing 4th bottom in debt.

Lose Rasiak and John and our chances of staying up go from small to zero.

And despite what the wanna-be accountants on here say, it makes zero financial sense to condem the team to relegation, no matter how many 1000's you save on wages. Finishing bottom with nicely balanced books is way worse financially than finishing 4th bottom in debt.

Well said.

Great, let's give all our decent strikers away for nothing, especially as McG will be flogged at xmas if he keeps up his goal run.

F**king joke. Lowe isnt the slightest bit interested in keeping the team going, just so long as the figures balance.

T**t.

Alpine your post just shows how little you really know about football. Rasiak does not fit the style and system of football will have chosen to play, Accept it and move on.

Alpine your post just shows how little you really know about football. Rasiak does not fit the style and system of football will have chosen to play, Accept it and move on.

Seeing as the style and system will be out of the window - once it either becomes apparent its not competitive in this division or that we dont have the players to do it well enough, and we will need to revert back to something else but wont have the players to do that either - I am afraid I cannot "accept it and move on"

FFS, the quality of this forum has dropped significantly since Alpine came back.

(Not syaing its directly your fault but its certainly true and its ****ing me off)

Why has it dropped ?

Should the forum be full of a succession of posts saying "Come on you Reds" ?

I dont understand the outrage and aggression with which critical posts are responded to - do you ?

Why has it dropped ?

I dont understand the outrage and aggression with which critical posts are responded to - do you ?

Maybe it should, fan is short for fanatic afterall. Certainly better than an endless stream of negative drivel. Constructive points are fine but sometimes people just argue points to people they know will disagree and its so antagonistic and meanwhile the proper worthwhile debate gets pushed aside.

If Saints, the Manager, Chairman and other fans are so clueless then ask yourself what you have in common with them and why you bother supporting them.

FFS, the quality of this forum has dropped significantly since Alpine came back.

(Not saying its directly your fault but its certainly true and its ****ing me off)

Actually seems to have got better - had got slightly boring, people were even clamouring for the return of Tommac, LLS or the like.

Its good to have someone challenge the accepted wisdom, so to speak. I don't agree with all Alpine says, sometimes, maybe, he goes over the top but what's wrong with that?

We are taking a huge gamble this season, maybe it will work, maybe it won't, getting the balance right is very, very difficult. There are promising signs but it could all go horribly wrong. Unfortunately we have to offload a number of the high earners, some deserve to go more than others. I refrain from commenting on individuals because I haven't been fortunate to see any of them play.

From what people say, Rasiak seems no great loss. To get rid of Rasiak and John would seem foolhardy, so lets hope it doesn't happen and we can keep the losses (financial) under control.

Maybe it should, fan is short for fanatic afterall. Certainly better than an endless stream of negative drivel. Constructive points are fine but sometimes people just argue points to people they know will disagree and its so antagonistic and meanwhile the proper worthwhile debate gets pushed aside.

If Saints, the Manager, Chairman and other fans are so clueless then ask yourself what you have in common with them and why you bother supporting them.

How revealing.

I support Southampton Football Club because I like football and I come from Southampton. It's not exactly rocket science. As for the rest of your rant, if you dont understand that I and others have grave concerns about the direction of the club on what is clearly the very last throw of the dice, then I cant help you, sorry.

Actually seems to have got better - had got slightly boring, people were even clamouring for the return of Tommac, LLS or the like.

Its good to have someone challenge the accepted wisdom, so to speak. I don't agree with all Alpine says, sometimes, maybe, he goes over the top but what's wrong with that?

We are taking a huge gamble this season, maybe it will work, maybe it won't, getting the balance right is very, very difficult. There are promising signs but it could all go horribly wrong. Unfortunately we have to offload a number of the high earners, some deserve to go more than others. I refrain from commenting on individuals because I haven't been fortunate to see any of them play.

From what people say, Rasiak seems no great loss. To get rid of Rasiak and John would seem foolhardy, so lets hope it doesn't happen and we can keep the losses (financial) under control.

Totally agree, I think this forum works best when steeped in debate (providing it doesn't deteriorate into name-calling!)

Say what you want about Alpine, but he does at least inspire such debating. And besides, a forum full of optimists would be just as bad as one full of pessimists.

How revealing.

I support Southampton Football Club because I like football and I come from Southampton. It's not exactly rocket science. As for the rest of your rant, if you dont understand that I and others have grave concerns about the direction of the club on what is clearly the very last throw of the dice, then I cant help you, sorry.

Ok. I have concerns too, as do all Saints fans. But I would rather hope that things get better and support the team at SMS than assume the worst will happen.

Why has it dropped ?

Funny how someone can get so wound up about a player that hasn't played for us in a year and in pre-season friendlies showed he is useless in this system. Besides that John is not gone and with him playing against Exeter I'd say he's here to stay unless we can get good money for him. I find it funny that you seem to think you're the only one that knows John is important to the team, maybe Poortvliet and the other coaches might have seen his qualities as well? So far he's not been sold and it seems that he is part of the team.

Besides that, can you stop stating like everything is a fact? How would you know if this style of play is unsuitable for the CCC? How do you know that it will fail because we don't have the players for it? You're relying on a pre-season, one away match against Cardiff and one against Exeter for your "proof" and you weren't even at these matches. At least give the guy a chance and stop shouting that everyone will be sold, as said at the fans forum several players were transferlisted but that doesn't mean all of them have to be sold. I'm sure someone is watching the balance of the team. Now my advice, chill out for the next few weeks untill the transferwindow closes and we had a few matches under our belts this season and maybe there's something to be said about the system being suitable of unsuitable for the CCC and the players not being good enough.

I'd say that the huge gamble was taken the season before last and made even worse last season.

This season is a result of the overspending, money we didn't have underwritten last year by £21m in player sales and still losing £5m.

We now have to play affordable football. Luckily for us we have a group of pretty talented, fit, eager young players to come in and have a go. I think they will do pretty well, with the help of the players left from last year that can fit in. For me pretty well is finish just below halfway.

Rasiak not so much of a loss but John would be a great loss if Tiger is right

I fail to see how someone capable of 20 goals a season is "not much of a loss". However, given the economics, I understand the need to sell. It could come back to bite us though.