So now Lowe says we couldn't afford Pearson!!!!!!!!

um pahars

My understanding was that Pearson's was paid £160k for the time he was at the club (i.e. approximately for about 4 months work, which works out nearer to £500k a year).

But the £160k was made up of basic wage and a bonus for keeping us up.

If Pearson was on what you say it's about right, he left Newcastle to take on a job where he knew the chairman would be around for only a few months, for that sort of job security you would want a decent salary. If it came to a long term contract the salary would be way different.

The idea that we couldn't afford or keep pearson is laughable, there are hundreds of wannabe managers out there. Good managers like Curbishly, Davies and Souness have been on the rock n roll for ages, there are plenty of people who would want the Saints job to prove themselves - Pearson was ideal IMO.

Good opening post UP and I agree with the basic tenet that this is starting to appear to be a very false economy now that we have had half a season.

But the intriguing question is, knowing that NP is obviously doing well and under contract at Leicester so ain't going to come back soon, and knowing our current cash flow suituation, any bright ideas how or who we could get to come in now?

Personally it's obvious we need better balance to help the kids on the pitch but if YOU had to make the decision if you got appointed as Rupe's successor tomorrow would you invest our limited monies in players or a manager, and who would it be?

It's been doing my head in all weekend and I don't yet know the answer. It's easy on CM 2009 but.........

Lowe would say anything that would make him seem correct in his actions. Why say the truth when fiction can be much more flattering. After all, its simply a matter of perspective, isn't it?

Throughout the centuries the "winners" have rewritten History so that "they" look good.

Even with Mr Lowes spin on past events if he is equated to Portsmouth football team he is losing 1 - 6

whilst playing at Fratton Park against Saints and it's only half time.:D

Translation :- Portsmouth 1 ( Mr Lowe ) vs Saints 6 ( Us opponents of his )

Good opening post UP and I agree with the basic tenet that this is starting to appear to be a very false economy now that we have had half a season.

But the intriguing question is, knowing that NP is obviously doing well and under contract at Leicester so ain't going to come back soon, and knowing our current cash flow suituation, any bright ideas how or who we could get to come in now?

Personally it's obvious we need better balance to help the kids on the pitch but if YOU had to make the decision if you got appointed as Rupe's successor tomorrow would you invest our limited monies in players or a manager, and who would it be?

It's been doing my head in all weekend and I don't yet know the answer. It's easy on CM 2009 but.........

Even just a new manager who knew what he was doing would make a difference.

JP is all over the place tactically, so lets just get a guy in to work with the present squad and perhaps get saga back to put the ball in the back of the net. Now that does not cost much does it, but it does give us a little ray of hope and could possibly prevent relegation.

This 3 post thing is stupid.

Anyway, if you think that under Pearson the team would be much different you are deluded. Saga, John and Rasiak would all still have ****ed off. We wouldn't have the genius (cough) that is Robertson we'd probably have someone of the quality like Pericard instead. We wouldn't have signed Morgan, who is argubly despite being injured every game one of our better players and we'd still be forced to play a bunch of kids who would be inconsistent.

Also despite some of you thinking we were amazing against Bristol City and Sheffield United last season, we would be playing a poorer standard of football, more direct which really would not have suited our kids who have been bought up by George Prost who like this Dutch lot like the ball to be played along the floor.

We'd be struggling, quite simply because our financial status has forced us to play a bunch of inconsistent kids, that who ever we have in charge has to accept. If Pearson had stayed, we'd be in roughly the same posistion watching some more shocking football and probably saying stuff like "Pearson has done a great job, keeping this side above the relegation those, hats off to the man." and the only reason Jan is getting all this stick is because the majority of the mugs on here and Saints fans in general have this hatred for Rupert Lowe, therefore anything he does, like appointing his own man gets slagged off, whereas if Pearson had stayed comments like "Well, Lowe can't take the credit because he was forced to appoint him after he saved us from relegation, its not his man" would be doing the rounds on this board.

Get over your hatred for Lowe and anything to do with him. Accept were going to be ****, accept were going to struggle, anybody who thought any different is a mug. We've got a **** team and **** finances. Just accept football for what it is, stop bickering about stuff nobody can do anything about and be glad that despite us being **** weve actually played some of the best football weve seen at St Marys in a long time.

If I hear that anymore Im going to scream.

Just so I know for sure from more regular experts out there, I assume none of it was played while I was there on Saturday?

I wouldn't want to sit here for the rest of the season and think that was the best football ever played at SMS.

Although I am sure we have played well I think the caveat sometimes comes in to use.

Spending £1.2m on Morgan Anderton, sorry Schneiderlin, and saying we couldn't afford NP... bit like buying a Ferrari, then saying you can't afford to pay the mortgage.

Also a bit like saying we can't afford Rasiak, John or Saga, but bringing in Robertson, Pekhart, Gasmi, Pulis, Forecast and Wotton.

Lowe got ride of Pearson for one reason and one reason only: his EGO. If Pearson had worked out Lowe couldn't stand up and take all the credit for it as he wasn't his own man, so he fired him off and replaced him. Stories about high salaries and cost-cutting are bullsh1t.

Pearson was a real gent and a good manager, yet Lowe's ego has got in the way again. I genuinely hope Lowe dies of cancer as he is slowly killing this great football club.

Anyway, if you think that under Pearson the team would be much different you are deluded. Saga, John and Rasiak would all still have ****ed off. We wouldn't have the genius (cough) that is Robertson we'd probably have someone of the quality like Pericard instead. We wouldn't have signed Morgan, who is argubly despite being injured every game one of our better players and we'd still be forced to play a bunch of kids who would be inconsistent.

Also despite some of you thinking we were amazing against Bristol City and Sheffield United last season, we would be playing a poorer standard of football, more direct which really would not have suited our kids who have been bought up by George Prost who like this Dutch lot like the ball to be played along the floor.

We'd be struggling, quite simply because our financial status has forced us to play a bunch of inconsistent kids, that who ever we have in charge has to accept. If Pearson had stayed, we'd be in roughly the same posistion watching some more shocking football and probably saying stuff like "Pearson has done a great job, keeping this side above the relegation those, hats off to the man." and the only reason Jan is getting all this stick is because the majority of the mugs on here and Saints fans in general have this hatred for Rupert Lowe, therefore anything he does, like appointing his own man gets slagged off, whereas if Pearson had stayed comments like "Well, Lowe can't take the credit because he was forced to appoint him after he saved us from relegation, its not his man" would be doing the rounds on this board.

Get over your hatred for Lowe and anything to do with him. Accept were going to be ****, accept were going to struggle, anybody who thought any different is a mug. We've got a **** team and **** finances. Just accept football for what it is, stop bickering about stuff nobody can do anything about and be glad that despite us being **** weve actually played some of the best football weve seen at St Marys in a long time.

The 3 post rule is there as a tolerance level against hor****e like this. We can only suffer 3 of your posts a day!

No-one mentioned fantastic football against Sheff U and Bristol we just used those games as an example to prove you wrong and you don't like that.

For a Morgan who appears to have the constitition of Delgado we have Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Smith, Forecast who have been such a success and you criticise Pericard (who was ****e agreed)

Get over your hated of Pearson - none of us think he was the Messiah just that given that he did the job he was asked then should of been given the opportunity to carry on.

As for some of the best football seen - yes we can string 25 passes together and end up back at the goalie but given the fact that we have won 1 game at home this season and a manager incapable of making any decison to either hold on or change the formation some of us can see our arse from our elbow.

I am stunned by this!

Come on guys, wise old Hopkins seems to think that we have to accept we are ****e, we have a ****e team and ****e finances and there is nothing we can do. Don't blame Lowe as it is nothing to do with him or the manager.

Ok mate, will do, you are obviously so right, by the way, whilst you are at it, pass me another pile of poo to eat will you.

define a long time...?

The worrying thing is that Lowe is saying the same stuff only a couple of days ago:

"we ..... have played some wonderful football"

"I fail to see how anybody can say the football we are playing is unattractive"

Now, if the man in charge fails to recognise what os happening on the pitch, then that is worrying!!!!!!!!!!!

(And that's before you get to the bluster that accompanied the Annual Report, where Lowe is positively gushing about the quality of football being played!).

Compared to some of the rubbish we played under Burley and then D&G then yes it is some of the most attractive football in ages.

Compared to some of the stuff under WGS like the Charlton 3-2 game then its bull**** but even under Sturrock we had some great football Newcastle at home.

As I said early yes we can pass the ball far better than any side recently but there is no end product and our top 3 goalscorers out on loan and never likely to return so will remain toothless.

We are stuck with recruiting dross but there is no excuse for keeping a manager that is so far out of his depth it hurts - we may as well recruit a Tyro manager then as there are some nice blokes there who are cheap like JP.

The worrying thing is that Lowe is saying the same stuff only a couple of days ago:

"we ..... have played some wonderful football"

"I fail to see how anybody can say the football we are playing is unattractive"

Now, if the man in charge fails to recognise what os happening on the pitch, then that is worrying!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several thousand stay-away fans who seem to think differently...

There are several thousand stay-away fans who seem to think differently...

Not according to Lowe.

Apparently he believes the number one cause for our drop in attendances is the "credit crunch" and that's first hand from someone who has discussed the drop in attendances with him.

Not according to Lowe.

Apparently he believes the number one cause for our drop in attendances is the "credit crunch" and that's first hand from someone who has discussed the drop in attendances with him.

He`s wrong again. It`s the credibility crunch!

Spending £1.2m on Morgan Anderton, sorry Schneiderlin, and saying we couldn't afford NP... bit like buying a Ferrari, then saying you can't afford to pay the mortgage.

Also a bit like saying we can't afford Rasiak, John or Saga, but bringing in Robertson, Pekhart, Gasmi, Pulis, Forecast and Wotton.

I don't know why you all keep banging on about 1.5 million euros for Morgan;

We (probably) haven't paid half of that yet. This deal involves Arsenal in some way, his agent said so at the time it happened.

I was told last night that Pearson said he wanted to stay and asked Lowe to make him an offer, he heard nothing and then spoke to Lowe and was told the managers job had already been filled. From what I have been told he was never even interviewed. If this is true and it does comes from a very reliable source then Lowe is spinning his bull**** again.

I don't know why you all keep banging on about 1.5 million euros for Morgan;

We (probably) haven't paid half of that yet. This deal involves Arsenal in some way, his agent said so at the time it happened.

Whereas we'd have had to pay Pearson 3 years wages up front if he'd signed?

The deal involves Arsenal, his agent said so? :lol: Gee, I wonder why a players agent would say Arsenal are after him. Perhaps his agent is George Weah.

If the deals was in Euros, we're even worse off with the current exchange rate. It's probably going to end up costing us around £400k a year for the next 4 years, or however the payments are structured.

As for his agent saying Arsenal are involved, well you seriously have to be deluded to believe they are chasing him at the moment.

Maybe Arsenal agree to pay for MS transfer fee as part of the early settlement for Theo. Maybe they took him on trial once or sent a scout to watch him train. One thing I can confidently claim however is that Arsenal will not be buying him from us for a long time, if ever.

Personally I think it is just a story put about by his agent to try and get interest from bigger clubs and get him a decent contract here. Lowe probably went along with it to try and delude us into thinking we have some of the most exciting young tallents in Europe. As it stands I don't think one of the best sides in Europe will be banging down our door to get an injury prone midfielder, who isn't even the best player in a team currently destined for League 1.

Whereas we'd have had to pay Pearson 3 years wages up front if he'd signed?

The deal involves Arsenal, his agent said so? :lol: Gee, I wonder why a players agent would say Arsenal are after him. Perhaps his agent is George Weah.

If the deals was in Euros, we're even worse off with the current exchange rate. It's probably going to end up costing us around £400k a year for the next 4 years, or however the payments are structured.

As for his agent saying Arsenal are involved, well you seriously have to be deluded to believe they are chasing him at the moment.

Maybe Arsenal agree to pay for MS transfer fee as part of the early settlement for Theo. Maybe they took him on trial once or sent a scout to watch him train. One thing I can confidently claim however is that Arsenal will not be buying him from us for a long time, if ever.

Personally I think it is just a story put about by his agent to try and get interest from bigger clubs and get him a decent contract here. Lowe probably went along with it to try and delude us into thinking we have some of the most exciting young tallents in Europe. As it stands I don't think one of the best sides in Europe will be banging down our door to get an injury prone midfielder, who isn't even the best player in a team currently destined for League 1.

Well take it whatever way you want. Richard de Voeux said at the time of

the deal happening that it involved "an agreement with Arsenal".

He said that,why I have absolutely no idea.

Well take it whatever way you want. Richard de Voeux said at the time of

the deal happening that it involved "an agreement with Arsenal".

He said that,why I have absolutely no idea.

so. now we believe everything we are told..?

I was told that paul allen was going to buy us as his boat turned up at ocean village...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, until Arsenal actually pay us the 1.5m Euro and MS's wages for the time he has been here, I refuse to see that claim as relevant, even if it is true.

I firmly believe having Pearson as manager would have had a much better impact on our results than having MS sat in the treatment room all week.

I don't care what people say about Leicester having a good squad and lots of money. As Redknapp and Burley have proved since we went down, that counts for f**k all if you don't have a decent manager.

Think Jan is doing an excellent job considering the resources he has (or doesn't, such is the case).

Adrian, i've never met you, I don't know you and have no axe to grind with you at all, but how can you consider what jan is achieving as good??

as is stands -

P W D L F A W D L F A GD P

21 Southampton 24 1 5 6 8 15 4 2 6 13 22 -16 22 (we are currently 1-0 against Plymouth)

You say considering what he's got, he's made at least 11 signings and only 3 of them can make the starting 11 today. Surely if we'd not signed the other 8 or so we could of held on to a provern strkier in John which would of actually added to the team. It would of taken some of the pressure of McG and would of probably helped to develope him as player, striker, goal scorer! We re-signed Dyer on Lowe's wage structure then loaned him out signing a div 2 (Smith) as his replacement!!

Help me out here please because I can't see anything good here, people keep saying " we're playing the best football seen here for years" where, because i've been to every home game and i'm not leaving entertained!!

There is no way we could not afford Pearson.

Had Glenn Hoddle wanted the same money as Pearson Lowe would have appointed him.

Lowe made his decision and history will judge him. Personally I suspect Leicester will be pushing for a play off place in the CCC next season. It would not surprise me if they went stright through to the Prem............

There is no way we could not afford Pearson.

Had Glenn Hoddle wanted the same money as Pearson Lowe would have appointed him.

Lowe made his decision and history will judge him. Personally I suspect Leicester will be pushing for a play off place in the CCC next season. It would not surprise me if they went stright through to the Prem............

While we wil be stuggling to stay in league 1:(

Lowe sacked Pearson because he wanted a yes man and he couldn´t tolerate giving Perason a chance because if Pearson suceeded Lowe couldn´t take all the plaudits. SFC should be renamed Lowe FC. I´m gutted at what my club has become. It breaks my heart and the likes of Wilde and Askham should be ashamed of themselves, but i don´t think either have a conscience.

Help me out here please because I can't see anything good here, people keep saying " we're playing the best football seen here for years" where, because i've been to every home game and i'm not leaving entertained!!

I've been equally confused by similar comments directed at myself .

The brutal truth is that although we did play some attractive pass and move stuff preseason and in early league games that's all history now . The league tables proves beyond argument just how poor a team we now are - not only are we playing an unbalanced team with far too many inexperienced youngsters but we're also labouring under an failing coach who appears to be 'unsackable' (regardless of a calamitous run of poor results) and a Chairman who treats the club as his personal plaything . I've said it before and will say it again - this will end badly .

I've been equally confused by similar comments directed at myself .

The brutal truth is that although we did play some attractive pass and move stuff preseason and in early league games that's all history now . The league tables proves beyond argument just how poor a team we now are - not only are we playing an unbalanced team with far too many inexperienced youngsters but we're also labouring under an failing coach who appears to be 'unsackable' (regardless of a calamitous run of poor results) and a Chairman who treats the club as his personal plaything . I've said it before and will say it again - this will end badly .

Assuming Pearson would have cost £160,000, and JP costs about £50k, then Lowe has saved over £100,000.

Do you have a reason for thinking that Poortvliet is paid £50k? I'd be very surprised if this were the case. The club made great play about his having paid his year's notice with Helmond out of his own pocket. According to the Echo, this was about £60k. I find it hard to see why anybody would leave a (reasonably) secure job paying £60k for one in which he's totally untried for £10k less; I can see even less reason why that same person would pay in excess of a year's gross salary in his new job purely to be able to accept said job. To me, that doesn't add up.

Assuming Pearson would have cost £160,000, and JP costs about £50k, then Lowe has saved over £100,000.

Do you have a reason for thinking that Poortvliet is paid £50k? I'd be very surprised if this were the case. The club made great play about his having paid his year's notice with Helmond out of his own pocket. According to the Echo, this was about £60k. I find it hard to see why anybody would leave a (reasonably) secure job paying £60k for one in which he's totally untried for £10k less; I can see even less reason why that same person would pay in excess of a year's gross salary in his new job purely to be able to accept said job. To me, that doesn't add up.

Do you have a reason for thinking that Poortvliet is paid £50k? I'd be very surprised if this were the case.

Exactly.

I am not sure how much lower league managers are paid, but I would hazard a guess that even League 1 managers are on more than the £50k per year JP is alleged to be on; I mean, could you accept that Paul Ince went from being a professional player at the top level of English football to a job at MK Dons that paid little more than middle management in the Civil Service ?

There won't be a manager in the Championship who isn't on at least £100k, even at Doncaster. After all, I am sure that most managers will be approaching parity with their best paid players.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned that Lowe's decision regarding Pearson may turn out to be his one single most significant feck up. It would appear all reasons thrown up as why not to appoint Pearson have been blown out of the water and even the one unknown of his remuneration expectations would have been small fry IF it would make the difference between CCC stability and relegation. Of course none of us really know what the outcome would have been / will be and much of it is supposition but given the option of NP or JP then it would appear to be a no-brainer.

He was a dead-man walking when Lowe returned and the apparent reason? He was the choice of arch enemy Crouch. Petty or what.

Do you have a reason for thinking that Poortvliet is paid £50k?

Its the only reason I could think of for us not keeping Pearson. However if Pearson was on £160,000 for four months work (as suggested above) then I conceed that Poortviet could be on £100,000k or maybe more. I have no idea, I just can't see why Pearson was not retained unless Lowe found someone a hell of a lot cheaper.

Its the only reason I could think of for us not keeping Pearson. However if Pearson was on £160,000 for four months work (as suggested above) then I conceed that Poortviet could be on £100,000k or maybe more. I have no idea, I just can't see why Pearson was not retained unless Lowe found someone a hell of a lot cheaper.

It's Lowe's ego, it really is that simple.

This is about Lowe doing things his way and not wanting Crouch's best mate running the team. Lowe was chasing Wotte years ago, when our financial situation was nowhere near as desperate. I think he couldn't get his way then, but now we are in this mess, he has got his way because there are few other cheap options, Pearson being one of them.

I seem to remember that at the time of Pearson not having his contract renewed, it was claimed (without much challenge) that he was on 300,000. Now someone has claimed a "source" has told them a different figure, coincidently I'm sure, at a time when sections of the fanbase are looking foir mud to throw at Lowe, knowing our league position, and general bleak outlook with make it stick. Anonymus sources are always dangerous things to buy into, they allow someone to gain the appearence of having a certain credence and respect/connection with an organisation, without providing any proof, and all the while pushing a story that fits their agenda, and if the facts turn out to be wrong? Don't look at me your honour, my 'source' must have got it Wrong!

I seem to remember that at the time of Pearson not having his contract renewed, it was claimed (without much challenge) that he was on 300,000. Now someone has claimed a "source" has told them a different figure, coincidently I'm sure, at a time when sections of the fanbase are looking foir mud to throw at Lowe, knowing our league position, and general bleak outlook with make it stick. Anonymus sources are always dangerous things to buy into, they allow someone to gain the appearence of having a certain credence and respect/connection with an organisation, without providing any proof, and all the while pushing a story that fits their agenda, and if the facts turn out to be wrong? Don't look at me your honour, my 'source' must have got it Wrong!

But quoting an unverified source is the same as saying it yourself.

People make stuff up to suit their point of view, always have, always will.

The former Feyenoord technical director believes that he was the first choice to replace Harry Redknapp but that a negative reaction to news of his likely appointment persuaded Rupert Lowe and the rest of the Saints board to opt for George Burley instead. Wotte, 39, resigned from his position at Feyenoord last week, and news of his move to St Mary's soon followed.

He believes that did him no favours, saying: "I have my own views as to why it did not happen but, immediately after my resignation at Feyenoord, I said that I could go to Southampton.

"That provoked a lot of reaction in Southampton. Within two days, people with influence had made their opinion public - like Saints icon Alan Ball. If I had not said I might be going to Southampton so early, maybe things would have worked out differently."

Ball told the Daily Echo that Lowe would be "gambling with Saints' future" if he appointed Wotte as the club's ninth manager in eight years.

Wotte, meanwhile, has revealed that he was recommended to Saints by a former England Under-21 coach, believed to be former head coach and head of youth Steve Wigley, who is now the reserve team manager at Manchester City.

The Dutchman, a dad of two, was planning to leave his family in The Hague while he spent the first six months in Southampton.

He added: "Southampton was the first club I spoke to. They came to me on the basis of my time with Holland U21s - a consultant of Mr Lowe's worked with England U21s when we played them in a European Championship play-off in 2001.

"My wife has a steady job and our home is only three hours from the club, so we agreed I'd be in Southampton on my own for the first six months.

"A two-and-a-half year contract proposal was sent to my e-mail box and it looked very good, so it was bizarre how it worked out.

"After the collapsing of the deal with Southamp-ton, I am without work for the first time since 1988."

"But I'm ready for a new challenge. I miss the smell of sweat in the dressing room and training twice a day."

Saints confirmed that Wotte was one of many potential coaches interviewed for the job but would not comment further on any correspondence between them.

Rupert Lowe said: "The board was tasked with looking at all options open to the club, internally and externally.

"Fans can rest assured we have the long-term interests of the club at heart and do not listen to the subjective opinions of other people."

Taken from the Echo in 2005.

The former Feyenoord technical director believes that he was the first choice to replace Harry Redknapp but that a negative reaction to news of his likely appointment persuaded Rupert Lowe and the rest of the Saints board to opt for George Burley instead. Wotte, 39, resigned from his position at Feyenoord last week, and news of his move to St Mary's soon followed.

He believes that did him no favours, saying: "I have my own views as to why it did not happen but, immediately after my resignation at Feyenoord, I said that I could go to Southampton.

"That provoked a lot of reaction in Southampton. Within two days, people with influence had made their opinion public - like Saints icon Alan Ball. If I had not said I might be going to Southampton so early, maybe things would have worked out differently."

Ball told the Daily Echo that Lowe would be "gambling with Saints' future" if he appointed Wotte as the club's ninth manager in eight years.

Wotte, meanwhile, has revealed that he was recommended to Saints by a former England Under-21 coach, believed to be former head coach and head of youth Steve Wigley, who is now the reserve team manager at Manchester City.

The Dutchman, a dad of two, was planning to leave his family in The Hague while he spent the first six months in Southampton.

He added: "Southampton was the first club I spoke to. They came to me on the basis of my time with Holland U21s - a consultant of Mr Lowe's worked with England U21s when we played them in a European Championship play-off in 2001.

"My wife has a steady job and our home is only three hours from the club, so we agreed I'd be in Southampton on my own for the first six months.

"A two-and-a-half year contract proposal was sent to my e-mail box and it looked very good, so it was bizarre how it worked out.

"After the collapsing of the deal with Southamp-ton, I am without work for the first time since 1988."

"But I'm ready for a new challenge. I miss the smell of sweat in the dressing room and training twice a day."

Saints confirmed that Wotte was one of many potential coaches interviewed for the job but would not comment further on any correspondence between them.

Rupert Lowe said: "The board was tasked with looking at all options open to the club, internally and externally.

"Fans can rest assured we have the long-term interests of the club at heart and do not listen to the subjective opinions of other people."

Taken from the Echo in 2005.

you do wonder if jan is just taking the flack for a failure of a first half of the season and then Wotte will take over afterwards.

Funny that; I recall comments to the effect that Pearson was on £300k, but I also remember them being challenged. What I don't recall is any proof being offered in the face of said challenges. Where exactly did the £300k claims originate if not from anonymous sources? Double-edged weapon, I think you'll find.

The way Lowe budgets for relegation all the time, do you think we can afford to stay in the Championship..? I mean, that involves spending some money..!

All jokes aside, I'm getting convinced that the threat of relegation is something that has been accounted for. Whether SFC goes down or not, Rupert has got the money side covered. I'm sure it means little, once the books are balanced, whether we stay in the Championship or not. And of course, it gives the youngsters a year or two to find their level, in League One.

Edited by St Landrew

The way Lowe budgets for relegation all the time, do you think we can afford to stay in the Championship..? I mean, that involves spending some money..!

All jokes aside, I'm getting convinced that the threat of relegation is something that has been accounted for. Whether SFC goes down or not, Rupert has got the money side covered. I'm sure it means little, once the books are balanced, whether we stay in the Championship or not. And of course, it gives the youngsters a year or two to find their level, in League One.

With the crowds were getting I doubt it matters which League we're in;

15K is a joke for a city of 400K people.Southampton people don't give a toss about Saints anyway.Unemployment and recession will bite the UK hard for

another couple of years. 500,000 households are more than 3 months behind with their mortgage already.Football is a luxury now, Southampton has no

factories to speak of, it's a nation of shopkeepers and London commuters..

With the crowds were getting I doubt it matters which League we're in;

15K is a joke for a city of 400K people.Southampton people don't give a toss about Saints anyway.Unemployment and recession will bite the UK hard for

another couple of years. 500,000 households are more than 3 months behind with their mortgage already.Football is a luxury now, Southampton has no

factories to speak of, it's a nation of shopkeepers and London commuters..

Just like alot of the cr4p on here, no facts.

Southampton has a population of 231k http://www.southampton.gov.uk/thecouncil/thecity/research/popnumbers.asp

Unemployment in Southampton is/was running at 2.2% http://www.southampton.gov.uk/Images/Southampton%20City%20Statistics%20and%20Research%20April%202008_tcm46-206474.pdf

People are not going to the games because of Lowe and his stupid experiment.

The football is cr4p

the results are cr4p

the team are cr4p

THE CLUB IS CRAP!!