Player Contracts

Saint Charlie

So let me get this right, you can understand if Cork wants to move and Clynes agent has failed if he doesn't get a move away. You really are a tedious Mong.

I could understand if Cork signed or if he wanted to see what options he might have at a club that might start him every week.

Re Clyne his agent wouldn't' have failed if he doesn't move, but would have failed if he doesn't at least wait until the summer and see if double your money, CL interest really exists before considering a contract extension here. Which is why he won't be signing one now.

Any of that really overly mongy?

Clyne will be here next year simply because he is first choice starter and now first choice for England. He has grown immeasurably since we signed him as a relatively raw kid which is down to this club. That sense of belonging and security should not be underestimated. The Koeman factor should not be underestimated either; the regular "Clyney" quotes from His Ron-ship suggests a very cosy relationship behind the scenes (father/son?). Nah, no way the boy will leave yet awhiles.

Also he is a Londoner so when or if he does move on it is most likely to be for Chelsea or Arsenal - if he gets a choice - but they do not seem to be in for him at the moment.

Of course Cork will sign if we offer him more than one year and more than a 1% pay rise. He's had too many clubs already, now he's found a settled home he won't be moving on voluntarily. None of the bigger boys want him, we ARE the big option for Jack.

Would you fancy a stint at the Riverside?

Clyne will be here next year simply because he is first choice starter and now first choice for England. He has grown immeasurably since we signed him as a relatively raw kid which is down to this club. That sense of belonging and security should not be underestimated. The Koeman factor should not be underestimated either; the regular "Clyney" quotes from His Ron-ship suggests a very cosy relationship behind the scenes (father/son?). Nah, no way the boy will leave yet awhiles.

Also he is a Londoner so when or if he does move on it is most likely to be for Chelsea or Arsenal - if he gets a choice - but they do not seem to be in for him at the moment.

I agree but for different reasons. I think he will just play out his contract and then leave on a Bosman.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-target-nathaniel-clyne-4951049

United keen as Clyne stalls on new deal.

Anyone reckon he will sign one? If he does then his Agent will have failed him IMO.

Summer move to one of the big boys IMO.

love their survey, Is Nathaniel Clyne good enough for Manchester United?

******take, hope we cain em Sunday

• 1 month later...
So let me get this right, you can understand if Cork wants to move and Clynes agent has failed if he doesn't get a move away. You really are a tedious Mong.

Thoughts any different now?

Cork gone and Clyne's agent would be silly now if he advises him to sign with us rather than waiting to see in the summer.

See Koeman said today (see Peach Twitter) we will lose one or two in the summer. IMO good he has his eyes open, unlike Reed at the start of last summer.

Most fans know Clyne and Morgan will go, and if its just those two (maybe JR too) then we can still build IMO.

See Koeman said today (see Peach Twitter) we will lose one or two in the summer. IMO good he has his eyes open, unlike Reed at the start of last summer.

Most fans know Clyne and Morgan will go, and if its just those two (maybe JR too) then we can still build IMO.

Just read that. Interesting, and I agree - It's good to have eyes open.

Clyne & Morgan both very likely to go.

I'd imagine we'd have to be incredibly lucky to land Toby on a permanent deal.

Champions league would change everything I think. Say the teams that propose to buy them don't qualify, why would they earn this dream and then give it to someone else in their place by moving on. If we qualify I reckon 1-2 might sign and we get another season from them plus a better fee

Champions league would change everything I think. Say the teams that propose to buy them don't qualify, why would they earn this dream and then give it to someone else in their place by moving on. If we qualify I reckon 1-2 might sign and we get another season from them plus a better fee

They would earn more elsewhere though and would think they were more likely to qualify for the CL repeatedly at other clubs.

I get what you mean, but if players like Morgan have decided they will go, I don't think our position would change it too much.

It might help keep someone like Toby or Wanyama though.

I don't think it would change anything for Clyne or Schneiderlin. Both can go to the very top sides and ensure that level of football plus the upper echelons of wages for the rest of their career regardless of what saints do.

I don't think it would change anything for Clyne or Schneiderlin. Both can go to the very top sides and ensure that level of football plus the upper echelons of wages for the rest of their career regardless of what saints do.

Agree. Even if Arsenal or Utd were to finish outside the top four because of us finishing there, they could still go to either one and be reasonably confident that they'd get Champions League football 9 seasons out of 10, earning bigger money to boot. As long as they left respectfully, I don't think anyone would really begrudge them the move.

Clyne and Morgan will be off, from what I've heard - regardless of where Saints finish.

Toby, I'd be surprised to see stay. I can only see Koeman talking him into it if we reach UCL, but even then I'd be surprised if no one has their eye on him.

I saw that tweet too.

Always expected Morgan would go this summer. My only disappointment would be if he goes to a non champions league regular club.

The silence around Clyne makes it seem likely he might follow. I'd be annoyed if he left for a non champions league club especially if we achieved the the miracle and qualified for it.

It would annoy me if Jrod left in the summer.

It would enrage me if the club let Vic and Morgan both leave in the summer.

Always expected Morgan would go this summer. My only disappointment would be if he goes to a non champions league regular club.

The silence around Clyne makes it seem likely he might follow. I'd be annoyed if he left for a non champions league club especially if we achieved the the miracle and qualified for it.

It would annoy me if Jrod left in the summer.

It would enrage me if the club let Vic and Morgan both leave in the summer.

Morgan & Clyne will go. I don't think anything the club could offer will change that.

JR is a strange one due to the injury.

Vic will be kept for another year. He's the "must not sell" IMHO.

Morgan & Clyne will go. I don't think anything the club could offer will change that.

JR is a strange one due to the injury.

Vic will be kept for another year. He's the "must not sell" IMHO.

Agree about Vic - there's already too much churn in midfield and he's still only 23 (assuming, of course, a concrete bid materialises).

So on the premise that Clyne and Schneiderlin seem likely to go, and looking at existing playing staff:

Players leaving this summer:

Clyne - sold for £15m

Scheniderlin - sold for £25m

Boruc - out of contract

Jos Hooiveld - out of contract

Contracts worth considering this summer:

Victor Wanyama (expires Summer 2017)

Jay Rodriguez (expires Summer 2016) - believed to be sitting on a 5 year deal.

I can't think of anyone else important (or of sellable age) that has a deal expiring in 2016 or 2017. Any ideas?

So that would be an extra £40m in the coffers and an immediate first team need for a right-back and central-midfielder with no heir apparent internally for either role (Reed I like but he has a way to go still). I doubt Alderweireld will stay so we'll need another centre-half too unless Gardos improves significantly and / or the club have earmarked one of Turnbull or Stephens to make the step up, but whatever none will be as good as Alderweireld . Elia seems an easy decision to make based on his contribution thus far. A potential European campaign may change the way we think about the balance and depth of the squad (and obviously whether that is Champions League or Europa League impacts financial status as well). I also make that we're going to be at least £10m 'up' on last seasons TV money based on expected league position and the number of times we've been on TV. Whether or not that (along with the Cork money) was already accounted for in the Bertrand deal I don't know.

I presume we'll look to shift Osvaldo and Ramirez.

So contract wise this summer we're not in a bad place (in part because of so many new players this summer), but with potentially lots of money to spend I can see Koeman continuing to build a squad in his image.