Wotton is off then

Give it to Ron

heard he is on about 6k a week,if we cant afford to pay a player 6k a week then perhaps we are in more financial trouble than we thought......unless he is going for other reasons.

I have heard he is going for other reasons, but am doing some digging to substantiate it. I have heard of a bust up over at Staplewood between Wotton and Jan, but not sure (a) if it's 100% genuine, and (b) what it was about.

Anyone else heard anything????

heard he is on about 6k a week,if we cant afford to pay a player 6k a week then perhaps we are in more financial trouble than we thought......unless he is going for other reasons.

I have heard he is going for other reasons, but am doing some digging to substantiate it. I have heard of a bust up over at Staplewood between Wotton and Jan, but not sure (a) if it's 100% genuine, and (b) what it was about.

Never in a million years was he on £6k a week. Try about £3k

Never in a million years was he on £6k a week. Try about £3k

Did anyone else notice that when the interviewer asked JP about Wotton going on loan to Brighton he answered along the lines of

"yes he was going on loan but he didn't know he was going to Brighton"

Why would the manager not know who he was loaning his own player out to??!!!

This has just been confirmed by Merrington on Solent,a dressing room bust up occurred,hence he is off to Brighton,apparently.

Afraid, they gambled with Wotton and his attempt to recover from his serious leg injury.

Plymouth did not renew because they saw enough in his few games, on his return, which clearly showedthat he was never fully back up to speed for the CCC.

In some lower leagues he would be an asset at centre back or defensive mid field.

Another failed gamble..Like Gasmi, Pulis, Peckhart, Robertson, Forecast, Smith, and I am sorry to say, Spiderman and Holmes.

But then again maybe readied for Div 1.

Before you get all uptight, Holmes and Spiderman still NOT proven and may well never to be top class CCC players.

Afraid, they gambled with Wotton and his attempt to recover from his serious leg injury.

Plymouth did not renew because they saw enough in his few games, on his return, which clearly showedthat he was never fully back up to speed for the CCC.

In some lower leagues he would be an asset at centre back or defensive mid field.

Another failed gamble..Like Gasmi, Pulis, Peckhart, Robertson, Forecast, Smith, and I am sorry to say, Spiderman and Holmes.

Before you get all uptight, Holmes and Spiderman still NOT proven and may well never to be top class CCC players.

I certainly wouldn't get uptight with that assessment. Holmes has done nothing and Schneiderlin still has a lot to prove in my eyes.

failed is not the same as unproven. Some of those may still go down as good signings, others poor.

I am not very good at this football lark. So don't take everything I say so personally.

I just feel so helpless and feel I should have been more forthecoming with my advice for Mr Lowe sooner.

He has had to bear the brunt of all these footballing decisions and with no clear footballing management,coaching staff to speak of.

Yes, all the above named have some talent and will find their level eventually and may even be with us in the lower leagues.

Whatever you think of Holmes and Spiderman....I have no argument other than to say apart from glimpses of reasonable ability..THE JURY IS STILL OUT BIG TIME.

Far too many gambles and wasted money in most cases.

Signing Pulis is one of the strangest decisions I can remember in my 40 years of support.

Had Redknapp been manager and signed another Manager's son, who couldn't get a game, was injured until the Jan window and we have no money, questions would be asked.

I'm sure people would say something dodgey was going on.

Why was he signed and was the signing in anyway linked to them taking Davies?

i posted this before i gained the other information about the bust up steve,i should be getting a bit more info on the bust up very soon so as soon as i get it i will post it up (if i get it).ive got a feeling it runs a bit deeper than just a bust up between player and coach,from what i have been told it involves more than one player.

Signing Pulis is one of the strangest decisions I can remember in my 40 years of support.

Had Redknapp been manager and signed another Manager's son, who couldn't get a game, was injured until the Jan window and we have no money, questions would be asked.

I'm sure people would say something dodgey was going on.

Why was he signed and was the signing in anyway linked to them taking Davies?

Pulis is one for the future. He will brought on very slowly and trained in the Dutch way. He is only a very young pro who will need another 20 or so reserve games to get up to speed. Then Easleigh or Dorchester will consider a loan. Is he nearl 25 and still will not get in our reserves.

Torquay, Plymouth, Grimsby and Stoke, would not take him back even for nothing.

He is probably a very nice bloke but not CCC standard an JP and Wotte know it now but someone knew better.

Arry boy signed his own boy Jamie who was finished and already in the knackers yard but still give you a half decent game..

But then again, like with some of the others Young Pulis might be readied for a push for the play offs from Div 1.

I got shouted down on here right at the start of the season when I said why on earth were we offering a 3 year deal to a player of his age who had such a long injury layoff, and when we were so short of money.

But apparently some people thought it was ok for Jan to sign him .. "there are such things as videos you know", and "our coaches must have recommended him", blah blah.

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Pulis is one for the future. He will brought on very slowly and trained in the Dutch way. He is only a very young pro who will need another 20 or so reserve games to get up to speed. Then Easleigh or Dorchester will consider a loan. Is he nearl 25 and still will not get in our reserves.

Torquay, Plymouth, Grimsby and Stoke, would not take him back even for nothing.

He is probably a very nice bloke but not CCC standard an JP and Wotte know it now but someone knew better.

Arry boy signed his own boy Jamie who was finished and already in the knackers yard but still give you a half decent game..

But then again, like with some of the others Young Pulis might be readied for a push for the play offs from Div 1.

I think it was more "I'll give you £1m for your player, but £1.25m if you take my nipper as well" said Mr Pullis Snr.

I got shouted down on here right at the start of the season when I said why on earth were we offering a 3 year deal to a player of his age who had such a long injury layoff, and when we were so short of money.

But apparently some people thought it was ok for Jan to sign him .. "there are such things as videos you know", and "our coaches must have recommended him", blah blah.

My recollection of the comments on here about the signing of Pulis was that they were 99.9% negative, so maybe "shouted down" is a bit of an overstatement?

My recollection of the comments on here about the signing of Pulis was that they were 99.9% negative, so maybe "shouted down" is a bit of an overstatement?

D'oh, just realised that you're talking about Wotton, not Pulis?!

Fair comment in that case.

Maybe I should wake up a bit more before I start making comments on here.

:)

Come on now don't be ridiculous. He was one of our best players before his injury. The club can hardly be blamed for what happened at Sheffield Wednesday.

another player that improved ten fold whilst out injured. He flatters to deceive a little if you ask me. I'd rather play Mills at left back and Skacel in that wide left position. I want to see him get to the byeline much more and get some crosses in from dangerous positions. I have to say that he is better than I thought he would be, but his lack of pace is always going to hold him back. He still has much to prove in my eyes.

I certainly wouldn't get uptight with that assessment. Holmes has done nothing and Schneiderlin still has a lot to prove in my eyes.

I thought I was the only one who thinks he is completely overrated by most on here!

If he gets some space he just hits aimless balls into the box. (Yes, I know we don't have forwards getting into the box, but that still makes his crosses aimless!)

By the way, how many people still think Simon Gillett is 'the new Paul Scoles', as was widely being touted on here after we'd beaten a side 1-0 that hadn't won for a year?

Not by me! I made the same point.

I thought I was the only one who thinks he is completely overrated by most on here!

If he gets some space he just hits aimless balls into the box. (Yes, I know we don't have forwards getting into the box, but that still makes his crosses aimless!)

By the way, how many people still think Simon Gillett is 'the new Paul Scoles', as was widely being touted on here after we'd beaten a side 1-0 that hadn't won for a year?

when anyone praises our players I don't think they are pretending they are world beaters or as good as players we had in premiership -but comparing to others we have now and where we are at

Spot on there. Most people in the game and fans knew this about Wotton. Unfortunately Lowe and Jan do not know much about this league. He was meant to be a replacement for Safri if i remember right? personally i would have kept Jermaine Wright a much more versatile player who can play right back or holding midfielder.